• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

I really wanna get on the store and download my Resogun

Downloaded Resogun, Contrast and Flower without much issue.

have to wait. I've got everything setup. Started downloads for Resogun, Contrast, all of the free-to-play games, and now it is time to play some games in this order:

Killzone
NBA2K14
Resogun
Need for Speed
AC4 Black Flag
Contrast
Battlefield

My body is ready. Thank you based Cerny.

Weird.

My order of play so far:

Killzone
NBA 2k14
Resogun
Need for Speed
Injustice (Injustice looks like a 1080p PS3 game)

Going to do either COD or Battlefield next.

revotron

Can anyone shed light on upgrading your sub account to a master account?

I'm aware Sony announced you can switch subs --> master accounts now on your PS3 or PS4, but I can't seem to find this option anywhere.

Aside from this, i'm loving the PS4. UI is great, very quick and smooth. DS4 is better than I could have ever imagined. PSN network issues were present but it's expected with a massive launch like this.

U2NUMB

I was really hoping today the store would be acting better but its just totally down.

Only gonna get worse as the weekend goes on :(

Hope they get capacity up or whatever is wrong.

Greatness, GET. I don't know what I was worried about with Best Buy, they handled the pre-orders perfectly. This was much better than waiting around for UPS all day.

Now to dig into Killzone.

Ramma2

Can anyone shed light on upgrading your sub account to a master account?

I'm aware Sony announced you can switch subs --> master accounts now on your PS3 or PS4, but I can't seem to find this option anywhere.

They said this option is not yet available.

Ramma2

That's awesome. I love those moments in Battlefield where everything clicks and you get 5 + kills in a row. The melee part made it even better.

Strange how there is no sound. I did a Twitch stream for a bit on Wednesday night and there was no audio when I played BF4 either.

Elchele

I don't have a high enough definition camera to properly show it. I totally didn't understand the issue people were having till I actually saw it on mine.

It's hard to describe, but like, say you put a cup (HDMI Cable) in a cup holder (PS4 HDMI Port).
You tighten the tray to make sure your cup is snug in the receptacle.
With the "problem" your cup holder is too big and it doesn't fit and stay in the right way.

thanks, and what do you mean with "easily avoidable"? is there do-it-yourself easy solution?

SOLDIER

Can anyone confirm if there is a size difference between installing a physical disc versus a digital copy?

It sounds like both take up the same amount of HDD space regardless.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Okay about to set mine up in 10 minutes or so.

Question though. I have one of those massive wooden entertainment centers. The PS4 shares cables with the slim PS3 right? Wondering if I could put the PS4 where the PS3 was (which was the plan from the beginning) and just use those same cables? Then put the PS3 down where I was planning and just use the ones that came with the PS4 to hook it back up to my TV (Since its in a much more manageable position)?

Isocr4cy

Couple questions for you folks...

First, regarding standby mode, is the fan supposed to run while it's on standby? Last night i queued up some downloads and put it on standby but immediately powered it off once i realized the fan was still running. It might just have been running because of the downloads, when they're all done I'm going to double check.

Secondly, I thought we could start playing games after only a fraction was downloaded. Every game ive got downloading is split it two, one small, the other large. When the small finishes and prompts for an install, it just sits at the installing screen with no progress bar for ever(or so it seems lol). Is this normal?

anddo0

Sound question.

I'm using optical. But I'm getting sound from both tv and speakers?

What do you mean? It only works in supported apps and for voice chat on the main menu.

Yeah it seems to pick up everything. So if you have music playing for example it needs to be muted.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Backstory: Long time ago I hooked up this chick with my extra Armin Van Buuren ticket through Facebook. Fast forward to today; PS4 launch day. I didn't pre-order a PS4 cause I wasn't planning on getting one at launch initially. However, the hype got to me and I drove to multiple stores just to have them tell me that they were all accounted for. So I put up a facebook post as well for the hell of it. 10 minutes later, the same chick hits me up and tells me that her boyfriend picked up an extra PS4 and he'll sell it to me. I immediately take out $450 cash and go meet them up for the exchange.

The exchange: I meet them with cash in hand and hand $450 to him. He counts it, smiles and says "I'll tell you what. You made our night a while back with that free Armin ticket so I'll sell you this PS4 for $200." At this point my mind goes blank for a second and I'm thinking he's fucking with me. He repeats the same thing again and it sinks in a bit further. At this point, I start to tear up a bit, tell them they're gonna make a grown ass man cry and bear hug the living hell out of both of them. I held them for like 15 good seconds to the point of awkwardness because this shit left me completely flabbergast. He hands me the rest of the money and only takes $200. I kept thanking them afterwards haha.

Finally we parted ways, me with my brand spanking new PS4 in hand. Drove home with the biggest fucking smile on my face and still misty eyed. So here I am, back at home with a brand new PS4 that I got for $200 cash. I'm still in disbelief a bit and can't wait till I swap the drive with my spare SSD at hand and set this baby up. What a great day it has been so far. An act of kindness goes a long way and I'll never forget this day. Hope you guys are enjoying your PS4s as well. :)

mSohzzP.jpg

Ok Bruce, even though sitting on a beach in Mexico doesn't sound too bad.

The Dualshock 4 is the best controller I've held, period. I've been console gaming since Atari and DS4 being best feeling one is truthfact.

Remote play work flawlessly on my home network. I can't notice any lag whatsoever. Last night playing Resogun from my bed on the 3rd floor while the PS4 was in the basement was something magical. Remote play now is what remote play should have always been. It just works.

Downloads from the PSN were pretty crazy last night due to millions connecting to PSN but overall I feel like they are a bit faster for me. I'm connected over ethernet. Overall the store seems to be a bit more fluid. As does the OS in general, no more waiting 2 or 3 seconds for the XMB to show up while in a game, simple tap of the PS button and BOOM you're there.

Killzone SF looks amazing, Resogun is an absolute eye melting fun game. I haven't tested out any media features such as loading MP4s.

Let me know if there is something more specific you want to know.

Awesome impressions man. Exactly what I was looking for thank you.
Anything great come out of the announcements last night? Any new trailers or game announcements?

MercuryLS

Banned
Updates were constantly failing, so I ended up installing it through USB. Can't connect to PSN though :(

Oh well, hopefully it's working later.

Top Bottom