• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

netguy503

So who's going to jump right into a game after the patch and who's gonna fiddle with some options?

Wont we have to wait for each game to install a bit before playing? And can't we download while we are browsing the OS now? So that's what I'd do. I'll put my game disc in first, do whatever it needs to do while I check out the new features. I don't want constant loading to be my first experiences with next gen.

Draper

I've had one preordered with Amazon since the moment they became available. I've been insanely psyched, but now I don't think I'll be able to afford it.

I'm a sad panda :(

Hey guys, I made these walls if anyone would like to PS-ify their stuff :)

y0Mwii9.png
http://i.imgur.com/y0Mwii9.png
iPhone 5

http://i.imgur.com/FGOAy7r.png
Desktop

http://i.imgur.com/74MbnFd.jpg
PS3

http://i.imgur.com/qKDKkN3.png
Vita

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Missed the thread yesterday since I've been sick as a dog for the past week.

Good job Amir0x. Thanks for giving us a good home to kick back and wait the next few days out in. I'm so ready for this gen.

I'm pushing 40 and have never participated in day 1 console release until now. Feels good. I expect some hiccups with the OS and perhaps online but I always go into everything with low expectation so that I can be pleasantly surprised if my low expectations are exceeded.

potam

Banned
Ugh. Forgot to turn in PTO request for Saturday. Now the question is do I call out, or take it on the chin and work all day? With my luck I'll call out and PSN will be down all weekend :(

Macro.

Banned
Don't hold back on the media sharing my American Friends, I have to feed my eyes with something until the 29th Haha

I wish I could have made it better. In particular, I had a really neat graphical layout that ordered everything I was making, but it was taking me ages (i was trying to learn how to use GIMP simultaneous to this topic, since I don't have photoshop), but the last straw was when I got a blue screen and lost like 4 hours of progress.

Than I just gave up. I feel bad because it doesn't look as pretty as I think some people like these days :(

Nah it's fine, tons of info without being bloated.

Excellent OP, Amir0x, pretty hyped about the console even though it won't coming to us for quite some time.

It's pretty ironic that you'd be the one to do it though, if my memory from the early PS360Wii days on GAF serves me correctly lol. I wasn't a member at the time, but I remember that you were head over heels in love with MS. My how times have changed.

;)

Amir0x

Banned
Excellent OP, Amir0x, pretty hyped about the console even though it won't coming to us for quite some time.

It's pretty ironic that you'd be the one to do it though, if my memory from the early PS360Wii days on GAF serves me correctly lol. I wasn't a member at the time, but I remember that you were head over heels in love with MS. My how times have changed.

;)

it's not really ironic... I play games, not console companies. But I get what you're saying ;)

Edit: What's awesome about this upcoming week is I have Monday off from work, thank you government job. Therefore, the week will go by quicker :D

Gaz_RB

Edit: What's awesome about this upcoming week is I have Monday off from work, thank you government job. Therefore, the week will go by quicker :D

Same, I'm off this Monday too. Makes the wait a lot easier with a 3 day weekend! and then another week after launch is some Thanksgiving week holiday hotness. Gonna be a good month.

Con_Smith

Banned
So I lucked up and have a guarenteed console launch day without a pre order and now just enjoying a few more moments with my cousins ps3 before it gets the boot.

Spent the last few days looking at Sony's network and looking into all the programs they have (anything like the rewards program on 360) and getting ps+ ready so I can make sure Thursday night goes smoothly. As someone who went ps2 to 360 with occasional flirtations with the triple I can't wait to come back fully day one for their next gen experience.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey guys, I made these walls if anyone would like to PS-ify their stuff :)

Mind making a dark version?

I've really been debating with myself what games I should get at launch. I'm pretty burnt out on FPS games. I've realized that I'm never really good enough to be competitive at FPS multiplayer so I always end up pissed off at myself after a multiplayer session. Shadowfall really does look great though I just feel like I'll regret getting it for what would essentially be a single player game for me.

I know I'll be getting NBA2k14. I'm not sure if I should buy Knack retail because it's one of those games I just know will end up on PS+ for free. I've never enjoyed the Assassin's Creed games. And Madden just looks like a slightly shinier version of Madden 25 on PS3 which I hated.

DriveClub was going to be my go to game at launch but we all know what happened with that. So I guess by default I'll be getting Rivals. If Amazon ends up doing the buy 2 get 1 on the 10th I'm thinking I'll go NBA, Rivals, and free Shadowfall.

/blog post.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Is there a detailed chronicling of Sony World Wide Studios somewhere on NeoGAF? Studio heads, team numbers, acquisitions, shutdowns, everything.

Dante316

I will probably fiddle with everything before I even play a game. I would start downloading every free game , fiddle more and jump into nba I suppose.

Top Bottom