• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

DBT85

Resogun and Contrast (the replacement for Driveclub) are only free if you have a PS+ subscription. The others you listed are indeed free. Also (as many know) most free to play games do not require PS+ for MP, but as Sony said, that's at the developer's discretion.

Everyone in the US getting a PS4 will get PS+ for 30 days. That's plenty of time to finish the PS+ games if you were so inclined.

Broman1978

when PS4 has been released In US I want some impressions of the quality of the Voicechat/partychat... Big deal for me cuz it was like BAD on PS3 :/

Tratorn

I still have to wait almost 3 weeks, but I'm really excited for the US-launch as well. I want to finally see some real footage of the OS/UI and its features.

I'm a bit worried about that because they didn't really show it before release, so they're probably not proud of it and it could be just basic compared to XB1... :/

wizzbang

Banned
On TRRS connectors (3 colored bands) you usually have left channel, right channel, mic, and ground (tip, ring1, ring2, sleeve), versus TRS connectors (2 colored bands) that are just left channel, right channel, and ground (tip, ring, sleeve).

So wait, you're saying 3 bands of seperation is actually making 4 physical contact points? That makes sense, L/R/Mic/Ground.

Yes you can do voice chat and game audio from a 3.5mm headset at the same time--after all, a (mono) headset is included in the box to do just that!

I am under the impression a mono headset is included to provide VOICE. I'm also aware in the options of the console you can set audio output to controller only with a headset plugged in, voice chat and game chat probably then both go to the controller but I'm not going to assume it's for sure they can do it.

when PS4 has been released In US I want some impressions of the quality of the Voicechat/partychat... Big deal for me cuz it was like BAD on PS3 :/

Microsoft were kind enough to actually do that, it was actually a good bit of marketing, the improvement from 360 to Xbox One is fucking tip top, really good voice quality.
I hope Sony follows suit - the voice quality can be utterly abysmal at times, even with a good link.

wizzbang

Banned
for the people upgrading HDD ..are you doing it before you even turn on the console or after? I would think after but I dont know.

Depends if there's a video comparison on youtube from the Americans for me.
If I see a video which actually stopwatch times the difference on youtube, I won't bother making one when I get mine early December and I'll literally boot it once to see it works, then set it up on the spare SSD I have.

Bundy

Banned
My favourite gifs:
iuggFnJ5rHHGQ.gif

ibtXc2uUhIavTG.gif

ibou723FyUE1K2.gif

iovNOrUFeOor9.gif

idsYyireoi1yn.gif

i15GGiH1OQgUK.gif

Does someone has a link to the archive of all the Kaz gifs from the PS meeting ? I remember someone archiving them on Picasa, if I recall (or some other service).

Best GIFs of 2013:

i97P4bk7nDuQ9.gif

2.original banderas.gif

k-bigpic.gif

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Guys.

Do you realize that, AT LAUNCH, ALMOST ALL OF US will have access to:

The Playroom
Blacklight:Retribution
Warframe
Resogun, and
Contrast

WITHOUT PAYING AN EXTRA CENT?! There is so much I need to download.
I really don't think "most" will have access to Playroom. I'd like to be proven wrong but I just don't see the camera selling huge numbers, especially with nothing but Playroom and PiP live stream selling it at launch.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Plenty of games to play day 1. Now we just need some more videos to trickle in or media outlets getting their units around the 12th. Or the embargo to lift.

S¡mon

Banned
Only just realised the camera isn't full HD, quite disappointing.
It are still two 1280 x 800 cameras, so I suppose that if you comebine them together, a 1080p picture could be created without too much artificial distortion.

Also, 1280 x 800 x 60 (fps) x 2 (amount of lenses), means the PlayStation Camera is pushing over 122.8 million pixels each second.

Covfan

Just a heads up but there is a new ToS to accept for the SEN.

My vita wouldn't let me login to the friends app and when I looked online found that there is a new ToS that can only be accepted on the playstation website when you sign in. May cause some issues on Friday if you haven't accepted it.

LiquidMetal14

It's hardly even a wait. I hope we start getting some info trickling in Monday and new videos, etc.

So many good games to play in the first few weeks. Tiny Brains is actually my most anticipated post launch game in November now.

JP

So it begins.

20 days before the console arrives I have my first game xD

*Hype level rising fast!*
Got mine a few days ago too in the UK, the only difference is the much smaller PEGI 16 rating on the cover and mine is says it's the Limited Edition and includes the Free Fall map. Only paid for the standard edition so maybe it's a launch thing over here.

Does someone has a link to the archive of all the Kaz gifs from the PS meeting ? I remember someone archiving them on Picasa, if I recall (or some other service).

I don't have the full Kazification collection link but you can find all my creations here:

https://googledrive.com/host/0B0qQ64gir1c_NEh5SFF4UkYxM3M/

collection.gif

It's a bit sad that the Kazifications and Banderas' gif will come to end soon post PS4 launch.

Well, looking forward to PS5 hype!

Mims

This is going to be a long 13 days for me since I get to read all the reactions from the NA release. Why do they have to deploy me at the start of the new console generation. They did it to me last time with the 360. Damn you Air Force and your horrible timing.

LiquidMetal14

This is going to be a long 13 days for me since I get to read all the reactions from the NA release. Why do they have to deploy me at the start of the new console generation. They did it to me last time with the 360. Damn you Air Force and your horrible timing.

You know the only logical thing to do is take a jet and pick one up yourself!

Just a heads up but there is a new ToS to accept for the SEN.

My vita wouldn't let me login to the friends app and when I looked online found that there is a new ToS that can only be accepted on the playstation website when you sign in. May cause some issues on Friday if you haven't accepted it.

Ah! So that's what's happened. Thank you for the heads up. I came in here to try to figure out what was going on with Vita.

Can't wait until the launch on Friday!

LProtag

Hm... I'm debating if I want to keep my preorder. I'll have to cancel soon before it ships from Amazon. There's just not really any games I want just yet... but I still just want a PS4.

Hm... I'm debating if I want to keep my preorder. I'll have to cancel soon before it ships from Amazon. There's just not really any games I want just yet... but I still just want a PS4.

I'm sure you could find some DL or F2P games interesting? Why do you wnat the PS4 if no games interest you?

It really feels like the PS2 launch. Sony have absolutely nailed it for me. They have got everything right this time. It's just a shame there is no Tekken Tag like there was back then. Played the shit out of that game for months.

Where can I preorder the Vertical Stand for launch? Gamestop is the only place I see one, but it says not released until December. They must have the Stand available at launch right? I mean the box even shows it standing up on one.

Broman1978

Microsoft were kind enough to actually do that, it was actually a good bit of marketing, the improvement from 360 to Xbox One is fucking tip top, really good voice quality.
I hope Sony follows suit - the voice quality can be utterly abysmal at times, even with a good link.

Yes, I REALLY hope Sony can match the quality of One..

DBT85

Love the Sackboy gif!

My faves have been, in no order

Star Trek
idsYyireoi1yn.gif

Mission Impossible
i97P4bk7nDuQ9.gif

A Few Good Men
ibAcZxTgsJJdi.gif

Independance Day
eltorro_greatness_arr3zov7.gif

Snatch
ibtxfEV5hE4SVd.gif

Airplane!
ibftcnbTlXKoaZ.gif

And finally,
AJS7VHe.gif

XenodudeX

I really want to get this, but I didn't pre order due to procrastination. Is this going to be a situation where you're pretty much SOL for the rest of the year if you didn't preorder?

Top Bottom