• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

I really want to get this, but I didn't pre order due to procrastination. Is this going to be a situation where you're pretty much SOL for the rest of the year if you didn't preorder?
Best Buy in particular sounds like they might have a good amount of extra consoles (like 20) for walk ins, if you wait in line of course.

drproton

I really want to get this, but I didn't pre order due to procrastination. Is this going to be a situation where you're pretty much SOL for the rest of the year if you didn't preorder?

I've heard reports from people working retail that they are getting in additional stock beyond fulfilling pre-orders. So I'd suggest camping out or getting up early.

doby

I kinda feel stock is going to be plentiful up to Christmas, maybe not locally but I expect it shouldn't be too hard to find them at the RRP online once the second shipment comes in. I base this on no evidence, I just have a hunch.

I found it!!!!

iuggFnJ5rHHGQ.gif

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, if I have a gift card balance, how do I apply that to my Amazon order without messing up my spot in line?

Amir0x

Banned
Hey, if I have a gift card balance, how do I apply that to my Amazon order without messing up my spot in line?

Talk to customer service rep and let THEM apply the gift cards to your order, and before they do get explicit confirmation that your order status will not change re: shipping and ship date. Otherwise, I've heard mixed accounts about people paying with gift cards and their ship date changing.

Sakura

I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 till next year, but I have my stupid employee appreciation coupons that get me 20% off... I might end up getting hit by the hype launch day and picking one up.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Well I just took the easier route of canceling ACIV and rebuying it. It applied the balance...but my ship date dropped from the 12th to the 14th.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Go to the "Order Details" page, not "Change Payment Method".
Change payment method "shouldn't" mess up anything even though it looks like it does at first. However yes the best and easiest way to add a gift card is going to order details. There's a prompt right at the top of the page and I think it doesn't even take you to a new page. Just uses AJAX right there and then to apply. I did this with mine and nothing on the page/order changed (well except for sales tax now...........)

So what is everyone spending their 10 bucks on?

I'm waiting on Octodad. I've got Killzone for launch and I'm hoping those two last me until Infamous arrives.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
If anyone wants my PSN/SEN ID feel free to Quote this. I don't have a ps3 anymore so I won't be adding until I get my ps4.

Amir0x

Banned
So what is everyone spending their 10 bucks on?

I'm waiting on Octodad. I've Killzone for launch and I'm hoping those two last me until Infamous arrives.

I'll probably be applying it to Tiny Brains. It's not a game I was sure I would buy on my own, but with the credit, I'll be taking a chance on it.

Rather not use it toward something I know I want.

x-Lundz-x

If I were to guess, maybe your best bet would be to ask walmart. I'm not sure if they do preorders for things like this or not. You might be able to just be hanging out at Walmart and at midnight see if they can get you one.

However I bet you will be able to find one in stores within a few weeks somewhere.

So...has it been mentioned if we are going to be able to change our PSN IDs?
I wish I could, I made mine as a joke because I only used my ps3 for exclusives and now I'm stuck with it. Oh well it's just a silly online name.

I will NOT use a 3rd party stand for my PS4. I just can't do it. I don't care if it looks the same, or that it is licensed or whatever. Every time I look at it I will know deep down inside it doesn't say Sony on the underside and it will slowly eat away at me until I die. I will stand it up on its side with no stand until I find the Sony brand one.

I will NOT use a 3rd party stand for my PS4. I just can't do it. I don't care if it looks the same, or that it is licensed or whatever. Every time I look at it I will know deep down inside it doesn't say Sony on the underside and it will slowly eat away at me until I die. I will stand it up on its side with no stand until I find the Sony brand one.

Or you could use the third party one until you can get a Sony one.

You know, so your console doesn't fall over and become a brick. :p

Man

Does anyone have the inFamous presenter gif where he talks about his mom being attacked with a knife when he was five?. I teared up in laughter.

edit: Found it:

iEZUXaR629nfL.gif

Dubz

It's happening!

So who else is taking off of school or work on Friday? I've got Friday off, and I am praying to the Amazon gods that my console arrives as early as possible.

Nightz

It's happening!

So who else is taking off of school or work on Friday? I've got Friday off, and I am praying to the Amazon gods that my console arrives as early as possible.

I only work 3 days a week (Tuesday through Thursday). My 4-day weekend will be glorious.

Best Buy in particular sounds like they might have a good amount of extra consoles (like 20) for walk ins, if you wait in line of course.

Supposedly they are going to have systems on Black Friday as well (good luck with that, lol).

Meijer, if you live in the MidWest, is advertising having Xbox Ones and PS4s for Black Friday in their Black Friday Ad. Fry's is advertising having some for in store pickup as well in their ad from yesterday.

Amir0x

Banned
Great job Amir0x :)

I wish I could have made it better. In particular, I had a really neat graphical layout that ordered everything I was making, but it was taking me ages (i was trying to learn how to use GIMP simultaneous to this topic, since I don't have photoshop), but the last straw was when I got a blue screen and lost like 4 hours of progress.

Than I just gave up. I feel bad because it doesn't look as pretty as I think some people like these days :(

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I wish I could have made it better. In particular, I had a really neat graphical layout that ordered everything I was making, but it was taking me ages (i was trying to learn how to use GIMP simultaneous to this topic, since I don't have photoshop), but the last straw was when I got a blue screen and lost like 4 hours of progress.

Than I just gave up. I feel bad because it doesn't look as pretty as I think some people like these days :(

The OTs that look like strategy guide spreads load like shit on my iPad.

Bathroom GAFers worldwide thank ye.

It's happening!

I've taken a whole week off after the release of PS4 here in Scandinavia. Next gen is serious business and it only happens once in a decade.

Top Bottom