• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

CF22

Yes. Sony is intentionally withholding some stock so that people can have units to buy "off the shelves." So, keep a close eye on stores, and you should find one not too soon after launch.

On launch day itself, I would check places like K-Mart. Every time I fail to pre-order a hot item, K-Mart is usually the place that still has some in stock

If you do K-Mart make sure you become a member. I got tomorrow's paper and the K-Mart ad mentions you have to be a member in order to buy a PS4 on the 15th.

10765108246_493d31c164.jpg

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Target is't doing a midnight launch? Does that mean I will be in a big ass line with people who don't have preorders just so I can get my buy 2 get 1 free deal?

Yeah, probably. I would swing by Target on Tuesday and get what I can because Friday morning probably won't be much fun for you.

can't wait till next year
paradise_downxeuie.gif

As excited as I am to play Killzone and Resogun, it's the games coming next year that really have me stoked for next gen. Destiny might put an end to my social life.

grkazan12

Thanks for all the replies guys, I think I'm going with physical for the launch games, that target deal is too good to pass up.

Planning on getting Battlefield 4, Killzone, but I'm not sure about my third game.

Knack? NBA 2K14? NFS?

evil ways

Thanks for all the replies guys, I think I'm going with physical for the launch games, that target deal is too good to pass up.

Planning on getting Battlefield 4, Killzone, but I'm not sure about my third game.

Knack? NBA 2K14? NFS?

Not a fan of AssCreed?

Twio

I hope the UPS guy who delivers my PS4 won't be too aroused by the footie pajamas I'll have on when I answer the door.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Not getting it at launch, unsure if I'll get it by Christmas for so many reasons...but I'm gonna follow this thread a lot. The last weeks made me quite hyped about PS4, I must admit.

Hopefully, Vanquish's download will end tomorrow, I wanna try it :D

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I went to target and asked if they had any PS4 games. He said only COD, despite not seeing it on the shelf. He also thought there was street dates on the others, which I informed him there are not. He also did not know if anything was in the back, well informed salesman as usual.

Next went to GS. First does MS moneyhat this whole chain? The XB1 wall was up front while the PS4 in on the back wall, WTF?

They had a PS4 demo station in front and it had some of the normal stuff. We played Knack, both of my kids liked it. I also showed them Octodad, they thought that was some funny shit. I also got to see a bit of Tearway while my son played it.

The XB1 demo station was there playing really bad looking videos. I asked if I could play it and they said they didn't get a controller in the package. I offered to jump around in front of the Kinect and knock magazine racks over, they laughed.

Anyhow it was great to see the PS4 in the wild and see peripherals on the shelf. itishappening.gif

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, first consoles already shipped.

*ahem*

WE WANT VIDEOS! WE WANT VIDEOS! WE WANT VIDEOS!!

i've got 3 ps4s pre-ordered from 3 different places (future shop, sony store, amazon). man, one of them better arrive for friday!

also have killzone coming from amazon, im unsure about any other retail launch games right now. bf4 looks good but im already getting a shooter with kz

wizzbang

Banned
That thing he replies to @gtk89 with on the instagram image? .... umm he shouldn't say that- it could compromise him or the person who hooked him up. :/

Racer1977

Just bought a new laptop as my old one bit the dust. Now left a little bit short to get my new TV, seriously contemplating holding out playing my PS4 (on an older HDTV), until mid December, when I get that new TV.

Will take some will power, but I want that first experience to be as good as it can be.

Baby Milo

I believe it is just AC4, BF4 & Ghosts. I am probably forgetting one.

Have mine pre-ordered and paid off, and unfortunately have to work on Fri and Sat. Not excited for that! But, I will be playing the hell out of it whenever I can!

damn i was hoping madden would be one of the games

Top Bottom