• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Can't log onto PSN anymore, so no more network stuff. Probably just PSN issues (I hope).

Here's a trophies video
http://youtu.be/mtATS9t0dXo

yes

Seems like syncing trophies is as fast as it is on Vita. That's a plus. Still wondering if there is a quick way to find out more info about a trophy you get while in gameplay. Sorta like xbox does with the middle button.

Jigolo

ibcUVW3UE9uJyr.gif

eltorro blessed us once more

rjinaz

He's having a lot of fun. Doesn't want to put Knack down. No loading, can just keep going and going. Killzone is supposed to be next.

Lynn616

Nice. And I'm just joking about being upset. Awesome you guys get it early and can enjoy it!

And that's great about the update. Did you monitor just how fast it downloaded and can you compare that to your PS3 speeds? I know you probably just want to play your PS4 but this is really all I want to know before Friday.

Download only took a couple of minutes.

It's trending on twitter in the US.
Listen, when I used to be a shoe addict, this would be a bad sign if jordans would trend the day of or before release day. Because I knew it would be hell with lineups and trying to get the shoe.

With the PS4?
Man I'm just happy I won't have to be outside.

Copenap

the fact that this is happening, from a console, without any extra hardware is kind of blowing my mind.

And two days before release. Seriously, when they where anouncing that stuff I thought it's one of these features we'll see after maybe a year into the gen. That it is available on release and working is really impressive.

btkadams

this thread moves so quickly. can anyone confirm how the quality looks for screenshots and recorded video? i want to know if it is super compressed like the vita screenshot function.

stream quality could be affected by the streaming website and/or connection, so i'm curious how actual screenshot and video recordings look on the ps4.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
After the reveals and informations of the last few hours I am really disappointed... Still, I am in from Day One and will have a lot of fun with my console, but I am not as much excited as I was yesterday...

Beside that, someone should confirm or deny, if we can copy MP4 Videos via USB to the PS4^^

jond76

Banned
All console war bullshit aside, congrats PS fans. It's been a long time coming for this new gen. Enjoy you spoils and have fun!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
All these average game reviews have made the wait more..... bearable :p

I still can't wait ugh.

Nerfon

On gamespot stream they just showed ps4 detect immediatly a mouse and a keyboard, with 2 users connected to the ps4 even ask to which user assign the device.

Nightz

So has anyone with a PS4 upgraded their hard drive? More specifically, the 1 TB Seagate SSHD. Just want to know if there's a noticeable speed difference.

Metalmarc

So has anyone with a PS4 upgraded their hard drive? More specifically, the 1 TB Seagate SSHD. Just want to know if there's a noticeable speed difference.

Gamespot just did this between the normal HDD and SDD and the game times were a bit faster, lnot sure on the sshd's so far

also once your ps4 is shipped from amazon that includes PS+ they will email you the code btw.

When are review embargos up for remaining 3rd party games?

if not today then it's friday.

Gamestop livestream says maybe tomorrow. at least for madden and injustice. but it seems unclear.

The PS+ code isn't in the box?

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for purchasing a PlayStation 4 PlayStation Plus bundle. Your purchase has qualified you for a 12 month subscription of PlayStation Plus.

got 2 emails. one for shipping and the other is the promotion.

and going by the video all they do was throw the ps4 in and the game. no extra card so yeah. email only which isn't that bad.

Top Bottom