• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Petrie

Banned
got 2 emails. one for shipping and the other is the promotion.

and going by the video all they do was throw the ps4 in and the game. no extra card so yeah. email only which isn't that bad.

Yeah. I sold 2 units to buddies assuming they'd get the month in the box. Free PS+ for me then!

(one I'll send, the other went to a friend-of-a-friend and I'll likely get to keep)

Doran902

i still dont understand why there is a badass new launch event with HUGE announcements happening.......that will air while im standing in a line

dallow_bg

nods at old men
HDD vs SSD gif courtesy of Sn4ke_911

1zlsgq.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Resogun is the real deal guys. They seem to have doubled the particle count since that Giant Bomb video.

Anybody know anything about Polygons assertion that the Dual Shock 4 only lasts for about 8 hours? It's making me worried that I'll have to have the thing plugged in quite often =\

I have a really stupid question, but I need an answer.

I lost my pre-order receipt that Walmart gave me. Am I fucked? It's paid off and everything...

Lynn616

I like the light on the controller. Doesnt bother me. Turns red when you die in Killzone. Stuff like that. Got freaked out when some dialog started playing through the DS4 speaker during Killzone. I had forgotten about the speaker.

careksims

Finally my PS4 has shipped! It's coming from Nevada... Oh man Friday.... I will be driving by tomorrow evening to see all the chaos of the lines. This is going to be great!

E92 M3

Anybody in the Philadelphia area (greater area too) want a PS4 - I have 2 reserved on Amazon and want to cancel my orders?

alr1ght

I believe I found a few bugs in the firmware.

Activity feed will not update your name if you change it in your profile. It will be stuck at whatever you inputted it as when you first booted up. You also cannot delete entries to your activity feed.

You can "install" DLC for games that haven't fully downloaded. It will just get stuck at "Installing application." You can back out of it, though.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Activity feed will not update your name if you change it in your profile. It will be stuck at whatever you inputted it as when you first booted up. You also cannot delete entries to your activity feed.

Is this for the real name option for PS4?

You can "install" DLC for games that haven't fully downloaded. It will just get stuck at "Installing application." You can back out of it, though.
cerny can't catch a break.

Jeels

PRE ORDER CANCELED
(not really, but this is seriously the only game along with 2nd Son I want to play. I dunno why I bought a ps4 day one xD. NO REGRETS)

Ya sorry, tbf Octodad was never slated as a launch title. But we'll have a slew of amazing downloadable games through this year and early next year including it, Transistor, Doki Doki, Hohokum, Road Not Travelled, etc etc. It's going to be great.

Zukuu

Banned
Ya sorry, tbf Octodad was never slated as a launch title. But we'll have a slew of amazing downloadable games through this year and early next year including it, Transistor, Doki Doki, Hohokum, Road Not Travelled, etc etc. It's going to be great.

but not OctoDad great :'(

I'll find something to play. There is PS+ too. Also hoping for Watch Dogs, but I get seriously bummed the more footage I see.

alr1ght

Is this for the real name option for PS4?
It asks you to put in your real name when you first start. It will always stay as that name in your (local) Activity Log. Say I put "John Smith" in when I first set it up, then wanted to change the display name to "Johnny Smith" it won't do it in the activity log. It will be stuck on "John Smith" forever, locally at least. I don't know how it displays to your friends.

So I assume since it hasn't been mentioned that there's no demos up on PSN yet, right?
Just the 3 F2P games.

ckohler

Just got my preorder confirmation txt:

Code:
GameStop: Your Sony
PlayStation 4 avail
12:01AM Fri. Arrive 6pm
Thu to finalize payment.

Revoh

I don't know why I'm refreshing the Amazon order page like crazy, it doesn't even matter if my PS4 arrives early or late on friday, it ships again on saturday from Miami to Latin America. I should be studying but I can't, I must click dat refresh button!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It asks you to put in your real name when you first start. It will always stay as that name in your (local) Activity Log. Say I put "John Smith" in when I first set it up, then wanted to change the display name to "Johnny Smith" it won't do it in the activity log. It will be stuck on "John Smith" forever, locally at least. I don't know how it displays to your friends.

Good to know. Thanks for posting all you impressions and videos. And a big thanks for holding your phone horizontally when doing so ;)

Top Bottom