• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Regional pricing:

$ 699.99
£ $699.99
€ $799.99
¥ 119,980
(update: $950 CAD)

- Digital only. Will need to purchase disc-drive separately ($80)
- Vertical stand sold separately
- 2TB SSD
- Pre orders begin September 26th

Spec upgrades:
- Upgraded GPU: With PS5 Pro, we are upgrading to a GPU that has 67% more Compute Units than the current PS5 console and 28% faster memory. Overall, this enables up to 45% faster rendering for gameplay, making the experience much smoother.
- Advanced Ray Tracing: We’ve added even more powerful ray tracing that provides more dynamic reflection and refraction of light. This allows the rays to be cast at double, and at times triple, the speeds of the current PS5 console.
- AI-Driven Upscaling: We’re also introducing PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, an AI-driven upscaling that uses a machine learning-based technology to provide super sharp image clarity by adding an extraordinary amount of detail.

Official spec sheet:

image.png

More details here:

sAfA1RE.png

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
Time to round up those who denied its existence.

Sneaking Elmer Fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

PS5 Pro doesn’t exi….

200.gif

R9KHIiL.gif

A PS5 Pro or Series X 2 with any meaningful upgrade in power won't happen in the next 3 years for a normal price. That's the matter of fact.
I gladly give everyone in this topic $1k if it does.

y0HhZc0.gif

Not happening

I think PS5 Pro never existed, never will exist and that Sony never seriously considered it.

There is a segment of gamers who just like talking about upgraded existing specs. And there are websites /youtubers with podcasts who like to capitalize on this need to theorize about upgrading existing tech.

There is no PS5 pro.

Macro and Micro, global, economic factors make a PS5 Pro a non starter. But obviously, people will discuss this fake news as if it's real, because...

There won't be Pro consoles.

I still don't think the PS5 Pro is real.

I am starting to think the Pro does not exist and this thread was all about:

myu7Ftm.png

I’m not convinced we are getting a ps5 pro this year, as there was nothing in insomniac leaks, maybe next year.

I'm starting to think the pro doesn't even exist 😔

Vaporware, made up because of the PS4 Pro existsance so someone thought they are going to keep putting out a pro version each generation. Even MS isnt doing one oficially, so who is SONy competing against if they put one out? How bout games that actually take full advantage of the OG PS5. Pro doesnt exist, accept it, you just made it up into existance.

bLTfeRZ.gif

Ill bet some of you are still going to be trying to convince us there's is a ps5 pro after the ps6 get revealed.

there is no ps5 pro- i will bet my account on it

3p87yng.gif

Bonus Material

rsdzY6V.gif

I hope there will never be a playstation 5 or a xbox two. I hope they will keep re iderating on the existing eco system so ps4 and xbox one games will work on the same updated devices coming out. now we have a scorpio and a ps4 pro for the forseeable future. then 4-5 laters they might make an update that once again greatly expands the power, but xbox one and ps4 games will still work.

It is unacceptable to launch a ps5 that doesnt natively play ps4 content, or will require wonky emulation.

You need the incentives to buy the pro. Right now, that doesnt exist, as they dont have a heavy hitter line up this year.
You also have to account the economy situation. No big game for an upgrade console? The ps5 is working great and most games still on old gen.

We arent living ps4 pro timeline. This is uncharted territory for gaming companies.

Is PS5 Pro real? I still think this presentation is for the DualSense V2

And it comes with 2TB

Please explain why the devkit is 2TB. Why do you think Sony would make a 2TB configuration of their SSD, JUST for devkits.

I'm team $699 / $749 w/ 2TB.

This thing will come with 2TB at $699

It hasn't been mentioned in any of the leaks what the SSD size is right? If it's 2TB then I can definitely see it at $599 or over.

Also, I'm seeing $699 predictions here...Sony would really have to explain why this thing will cost $200 more over the base. I mentioned 2TB as one minor reason, but people here told me there's no need for a drive that large to be in the Pro at launch.

2tb ssd? Doesn't make sense business wise .

$650 no disc 1tb, $750 with disc 2tb they aren’t going to lose money in this thing. I can’t see it less if ms is selling a series x at $600 with 2tb.

cc. demigod demigod HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Looks like a significant upgrade, indeed.
Ugly as sin though! (Not that it matters)

Console gaming starting to get quite expensive though. At that price you're not too far away from a decent PC that would be a bigger upgrade in fps, ray tracing and AI-frames.
But yeah, I don't think I could build a PC with PS5 Pro performance for 699, so it looks decent indeed for those who don't want PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom