• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I logged in quite early and ALL anniversary products were not available apart from the portal. It’s super frustrating.

All Pro anniversarys gone already in UK. Ah well

Everything except 30th Pro/30th Slim is still there.
blackbeards-quote-is-misunderstood-v0-dmhe8ws8kcab1.jpg

Dokku

Can't even order a regular pro as it keeps saying 'something went wrong' when I try to check out. What a clusterfuck.

Kerotan

I feel the exact same way. I've still got all my PlayStations, all nicely boxed, going back to the original. Was salty I could not get a 25th ps4. Getting both the 5 Pro and Slim 30ths today is a massive deal to me, my hand was literally shaking on the mouse and, as someone who's been on an NHS cardiology waiting list for months, I can tell you my heart was banging away like I was running my 5k PB! Maybe one day I'll get to trade the slim for the 25th ps4.
Same! Hands literally shaking! That's genuine excitement right there and haven't felt that in year's.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
So many people missed the 30th anniversary which is shit from Sony in my honest opinion as a lot of people wanted them.

Pro's still available in Australia though.

They would have got £960 from me and now they get nothing! - 0 interest in the standard pro at the current price and I want to ensure that its silent and running well before purchasing. My launch PS4 pro was unbearably loud. I'm sure this will be fine though.

PS5 Pro Anniversary listed as unavailable in the UK.

Was able to grab a regular Pro but damn, I really wanted the anniversary. It sucks as I was online all morning and checked just after 8am. Apparently the preorders went live ~8:05 in the UK which I must have missed by mere seconds? I left home for work and checked again just before 9am and was placed in a queue for over 2 hours. The demand must be insane.

For anyone wondering, I was able to go through checkout and have actually purchased the regular Pro unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjp

Killjoy-NL

Couldn’t pre-order the pro classic, digital classic is available but fuck that. I just pre-ordered the regular pro. I didn’t get a receipt and now can’t even view my order, it just sends me back to that same queue page. lol.
It takes a bit, but you should be fine.
Happened to me as well.

Cannot place a pre-order for love nor money despite it being in my basket. Keep getting a "Something went wrong" error when clicking on Place Order. I can't even edit my delivery address properly because the site keeps splitting the second part of my address by a comma when it is two words!!! Damn you Sony!

*EDIT*
Now I've been kicked out with a 26 minute queue again. Cannot be bothered with this crap. I'll try again next month with Amazon. Sony's website sucks in my experience.

Last edited:
I was like you once.

Everyone enjoys the hobby in their own ways. Some of them have been longer in it than either of us and since found collecting is how they enjoy it, with other responsibilities or things in the way.
I'm 41 and just don't think hardcore collectors add much value to the scene. They just get into it for investment reasons driving costs up the 2nd hand scene. Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon gamer at this point.

I like when people actually use the things they buy. What is the point of just keeping in the box and having it collect dust outside just hoping its something you can sell for big $$$ years down the road?

Last edited:
Quick info to whomever might profit from it: I got through the queue, got told the Pro is sold out. I had closed the lid of the laptop already, then randomly checked the page again 2 hours after just for the shits and giggles: suddenly the Pro was available to order again and got through the ordering process.

Last edited:
Grabbed a standard Pro (UK).

Had issues with Sony making me re-enter my delivery address even though it's there in my profile and was selected.

Followed by inability of the site to process payment for either card on my profile (stuck on processing payment wheel). Ended up using PayPal which went through.

All they had 30th wise was Dualsense Edge and Portal, and I was in about 15 mins after orders started.

Grabbed a dual sense 30th off Amazon UK before they went oos.

Good luck to all those going through this later 👍

Lambogenie

Grabbed a standard Pro (UK).

Had issues with Sony making me re-enter my delivery address even though it's there in my profile and was selected.

Followed by inability of the site to process payment for either card on my profile (stuck on processing payment wheel). Ended up using PayPal which went through.

All they had 30th wise was Dualsense Edge and Portal, and I was in about 15 mins after orders started.

Grabbed a dual sense 30th off Amazon UK before they went oos.

Good luck to all those going through this later 👍
So strange. I saw everything but the 30th Pro bundle. Even 30th Slim and Edge were available to buy.

Got my regular and a disk drive 👍

Would have paid for the anniversary bundle without a sweat. But I guess Sony just don’t want all that money from me

Now to get my trusty ps5 launch model sold 😎

Good luck to all those still out there.

Last edited:

cjp

You better login early and get in the queue i was on at 8am UK and got in about 10:20

I initially thought the same but now I’m not sure there’s any point? The queue page specifically states when the countdown reaches 0 you’re than assigned a random place in the queue.

sono

Gold Member

I had the same problem despite my address and two cards on my profile.

I had to renter my address and choose a non default card for payment (the default one failed twice for no reason known to me)

Life Diff

Cannot place a pre-order for love nor money despite it being in my basket. Keep getting a "Something went wrong" error when clicking on Place Order. I can't even edit my delivery address properly because the site keeps splitting the second part of my address by a comma when it is two words!!! Damn you Sony!

*EDIT*
Now I've been kicked out with a 26 minute queue again. Cannot be bothered with this crap. I'll try again next month with Amazon. Sony's website sucks in my experience.
Yep same thing for me, was in the basket and 'something went wrong' and now I'm back in the queue 😂

Brock2621

I’m confused. Peeps in here getting preorders and I go to direct.PlayStation and there’s nada. Is the US preorders not live?

Rivdoric

Someone should track how many of these 12,300 console found their way into streamers/influencers/celebs hands

Three 30th anniversary Slims for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven Slims for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine Slims for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One 30th anniversary PRO for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Sony where the Consoles lie.
One Pro to rule them all, One Pro to find them,
One Pro to bring them all and in the 60fps bind them
In the Land of Sony where the Consoles lie.
"

Last edited:
I had the same problem despite my address and two cards on my profile.

I had to renter my address and choose a non default card for payment (the default one failed twice for no reason known to me)
I had no other cards I could have tried, and was v surprised the PayPal went through but turns out I'd approved that for automatic payments years ago and forgotten about it.

I think the point from this is for those yet tot preorder, might be worth logging into your ps account and having at least a couple of payment methods on there.

Top Bottom