• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro pre-orders go live |OT|

DiscoDave

This may be coincidence but I got "something went wrong" message and managed to get around it. I ordered 1 and needed 2 ps5 pro. The first was fine but the second kept saying something went wrong, was on 2 different accounts.

Could be just luck but I tried getting the second like 10 times with same message then I tried it on my secret browser and it worked straight away. Is it possible they won't let 2 be ordered from the same I.P address? Surely not. Also was same payment method I kept trying.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
If you guys want a laugh or a cry, take a peak on Ebay at the prices of the 30th anniversary PS5 PRO. I'm genuinely flabbergasted by these prices.
I just looked
c3kieTk.png
2BYCREg.png
OeDjhbq.png

demigod

This may be coincidence but I got "something went wrong" message and managed to get around it. I ordered 1 and needed 2 ps5 pro. The first was fine but the second kept saying something went wrong, was on 2 different accounts.

Could be just luck but I tried getting the second like 10 times with same message then I tried it on my secret browser and it worked straight away. Is it possible they won't let 2 be ordered from the same I.P address? Surely not. Also was same payment method I kept trying.
Stop scalping

Shit i cant sleep tired as fuck tho. Gotta stay up 3 more hours.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
If they made it time limited and not quantity limited scalper could have been stopped.

Just taka orders and fullfill them when possible.
That kind of defeats the purpose of being super limited which is what Sony wanted

People should just wait and buy plates anyhow if they like the color

Can't even order a regular pro as it keeps saying 'something went wrong' when I try to check out. What a clusterfuck.

Same here. I ended up just cancelling it. Life's too short to be wasting on Sony's crappy website. I couldn't even get the site to accept my proper address as it would keep splitting part of the address and then would not show the postcode even though it was showing when I clicked on the address to edit it. Such a complete disaster. I even went through the waiting twice only to have the actually check out fail both times with a "Something went wrong" error. How are people supposed to know what the issue is if it doesn't say? Was it my address? The payment details were correct as I only used the card two days ago to purchase something on the PS Store from my PS5.

King Dazzar

I tried paypal didn't work either, switched to chrome managed to work now.

Shit. Have you tried Microsoft Edge? That's what I use.
Thanks guys. Yeah I went the other way to jm89 jm89 , I was in chrome and switched to Edge, then everything went through. It obviously didn't like the browser with which you were in the queue. Email confirmation received instantly too. And I can easily access my orders too. All good!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Got through the queue (UK) sign in to buy - cannot connect to server!

clown GIF by Team Coco

I couldn't get the order process to work on my PC, I first got "an error occurred" and then I couldn't login to the Playstation network. I ordered a PS5 Pro using Safari on my iPad.

Pejo

Oh so I am stupid, just not in the way I originally thought. These are all EU/GB orders being discussed, the US orders don't go live for a few hours yet.

Whew, I still got a shot at that controller.

TheTony316

I managed to get one on Ebay for "just" 960€. I know, not proud of myself. 🤡🤡🤡

Also managed to get a Dual Sense 30th Anniversary.

The Anniversary prices on Ebay are just insane and the regular version is selling out for double the price.

So much for "You can just buy one at launch"

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I managed to get one on Ebay for "just" 960€. I know, not proud of myself. 🤡🤡🤡

Also managed to get a Dual Sense 30th Anniversary.

The Anniversary prices on Ebay are just insane and the regular version is selling out for double the price.

So much for "You can just buy one at launch"

Its still available to log in and buy in the UK. Honestly, I would cancel those ebay orders and just buy one from a retailer. This thing is not going to be in short supply.

Life Diff

Ah okay so mobile version on Chrome is busted, tried PC and bought straight away - thanks Sony for making this painful as possible

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I hear there is a new eBay scam, buy something request a refund, send a thank you card back, get a refund…. Shame if it would happen to these scalpers…..

Success. Managed to place a pre-order... FINALLY... by copying the link and pasting into Microsoft Edge from Google Chrome. For some reason, I was unable to place the pre-order with Google Chrome despite it being up to date. Both Chrome and Edge are basically the same browser these days so, god only knows, why Edge worked and Chrome didn't.

Just posting this here in case it helps anyone else.

Also, the fact that I was still able buy one almost two hours after the pre-orders went live tells me that the demand for the PS5 Pro is perhaps not that high. I suspect that everyone who wants one will be able to get one.

Last edited:

emivita

No way I'm getting a standard PS5 Pro on PS Direct rather than Amazon - 1 year vs 2 years of warranty. I was only interested in the exclusive Pro bundle for myself to use, but got no luck with a 20 minute queue.

And the more I think of it, the more I'm convinced I will be fine with a PS5 slim disc at half the price of Pro + separate disc drive.

King Dazzar

So I can now access the site with no wait. Perhaps not worth the faffing if like me you're just after a normal Pro. But glad its sorted.

If the anniversary edition is so popular, why not just make more of them? We're only talking cosmetic shells after all aren't we? Doing it the way they are, is surely only going to piss off your hardcore customers.... seems a strange way to do business.

ManaByte

People acting like this is a Covid year and it's a new gen release. Just calm, people.

Scalpers don't care. In 2020 the Sneaker Bros who scalp every Nike "drop" set up their bots to scalp the 'Station 5. They're smooth brain idiots and they are still ready to scalp any new PS5 release.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So I can now access the site with no wait. Perhaps not worth the faffing if like me you're just after a normal Pro. But glad its sorted.

If the anniversary edition is so popular, why not just make more of them? We're only talking cosmetic shells after all aren't we? Doing it the way they are, is surely only going to piss off your hardcore customers.... seems a strange way to do business.
Collectors go crazy over numbered units like what is on the pro bundles

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
There are plenty of PS5 Pros available from Sony. The sticker shock is real.

demigod

Someone earlier said “I went on and saw the 30th pro available but couldn’t justify it” or something. So they bought the regular pro 😂 wtf you doing bro? The pro still ain’t sold out here in uk yet.
Didn’t know i live in the UK. I’m not surprised the pro isn’t sold out. It’s very niche with that price and will sell half of the ps4 pro if they’re lucky.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Probably half or more of those 120K gonna be up on reselling websites in the next couple of days.

Scalpers are the scum of the earth.
12K, not 120K. And that's all the inventory worldwide, seems they're only selling a few thousand in each batch release.

Top Bottom