• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: $20 off $100 Ebay deal live again all gaming cards etc + $150 PSN for $109

Ashtar

could be something to do with your paypal, check the paypal site cause it might be asking to verify your identity.

I was getting the same error, resolved my stuff, hours later same error, called paypal on the phone for 30 they said they'd reset it and wait 15 minutes... still same error, tweeted at ebay let's see what these clowns say

Daft Punk

Banned
Verified my Paypal and added 2 $50 Gamestop cards to my cart. Got the "Transaction Refused" error. Did I do something wrong?

Spy

Verified my Paypal and added 2 $50 Gamestop cards to my cart. Got the "Transaction Refused" error. Did I do something wrong?
I initially got this and had to login to my PayPal account and verify it's me. After that I started getting an unknown error.

demigod

I got the error using paypal with my bank account first time too. Switched to my paypal credit and it went thru.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Called eBay... got it to work on another eBay site from another country.

They are getting hammered on the US .com site, and when she tried to have me do ebay.ca it was the same error code.

She then had me do ebay. com. au (no spaces) and it worked flawlessly there. I had to confirm my identity with PayPal in a text, but it worked flawless, and and charged me the US dollar amount.

Hope this helps everyone!

Called eBay... got it to work on another eBay site from another country.

They are getting hammered on the US .com site, and when she tried to have me do ebay.ca it was the same error code.

She then had me do ebay. com. au (no spaces) and it worked flawlessly there. I had to confirm my identity with PayPal in a text, but it worked flawless, and and charged me the US dollar amount.

Hope this helps everyone!

How were you able to access the PSN deal through that version of the site?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How were you able to access the PSN deal through that version of the site?

Oh, she gave me the item numbers... shit, lemme see if I can get them.

Edit:

$43 PSN Card Item Number for Australian site (NA Card Only): 252315839034
Best Buy Card Item Number: 262075905712

Enter the item numbers is the eBay search bar and it will bring them up.

Oh, she gave me the item numbers... shit, lemme see if I can get them.

Edit:

PSN Card Item Number for Australian site (NA Card Only): 252315839034
Best Buy Item Number: 262075905712

Enter the item numbers is the eBay search bar and it will bring them up.

Thanks. I got as far as the checkout page but now it's just not accepting my PayPal. Says it "Can't send my payment".

hitmon

Has anybody who ordered a digital card not received theirs yet? It's been a couple of hours now and they usually come pretty quick. Checked ebay and it says expected delivery is next week which is weird.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I got to checkout finally but now am having the same issue as Saint.

Log into your PayPal, and see if there is a notification to verify your account.

But definitely do call them... 866-487-3229

Has anybody who ordered a digital card not received theirs yet? It's been a couple of hours now and they usually come pretty quick. Checked ebay and it says expected delivery is next week which is weird.

It said, "Email Delivery. Please allow up to 24 hours."

Combined with being hammered, I am sure there is a delay.

Matticers

I haven't gotten mine yet either so I don't know if they're just backed up or if they could have somehow ran out of codes if that many orders were placed. I completed my order 4 hours ago and didn't have any issues with paypal and all that.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'm getting:

We can't apply this code to your order.

when I try to do this on the 3 PSN cards the OP linked. Is the deal over?

On the phone with service atm, she said that you should be able to add more to the cart but that she's checking on her end as well.

I just don't want to lose the $20 off. Surely they will help me out at sales price after 7 PM if I don't get it, right?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm getting:

We can't apply this code to your order.

when I try to do this on the 3 PSN cards the OP linked. Is the deal over?

It should not be, there is a 1/2 hour left or so. Call them.

On the phone with service atm, she said that you should be able to add more to the cart but that she's checking on her end as well.

I just don't want to lose the $20 off. Surely they will help me out at sales price after 7 PM if I don't get it, right?

I am sure they will honor it, if it runs past.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This sure is a pain. I'd prefer the 2 $50 Steam Wallet cards but would settle for one and a $50 Best Buy card if I must.

I bought a $100 Best Buy card, and did the $43 PSN deal, only because it is $7 less, and my PS+ expires in about 3 weeks. So $43 for the year works, and $80 for $100 worth of 20% GCU games at BBY. (That is a lot of numbers, lol)

Or maybe I will use it for the Sphero BB-8. (Or just get it at Bed Bath & Beyond with their 20% off coupons, for an even better deal.)

Dot50Cal

Banned
What a shit show, now I'm just getting:

Something went wrong. Please try to check out again.

Error Codes: 70245 70347 UNKNOWN_ERROR

:\

Support telling me their code isn't from ebay, yeah, this is bullshit. Telling me it's an issue on PayPal's end even though I can't get to checkout on ebay's side.

Thanks for the thread. Got in for the 3 $50 PSN cards. Tried for a $100 iTunes card and it showed $80 after coupon, but it kept showing $100 after logging-in to PayPal. So I just canceled it.

Daft Punk

Banned
What a shit show man. I'm taking it as a sign to not spend the money considering how long I've tried to get the transaction to go through.

What a fucking wreck. They told me the $20 code was not from ebay (I had to force them to visit the actual promo page so they could see it was their promotion), then they told me it was a PayPal issue after their AU, CA, whatever workarounds didn't work, then it turns out PayPal is closed so I had to call ebay again anyway.

They gave me a "one time" $20 off coupon to use when the site is done being destroyed so I could buy my codes at the price I wanted. This has been a huge ordeal. Everyone else who was trying best call support and tell them the URL of this page:

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2016/0313/20flash.html

And hope that they work with you. 0/10 would not buy from again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Thanks for the thread. Got in for the 3 $50 PSN cards. Tried for a $100 iTunes card and it showed $80 after coupon, but it kept showing $100 after logging-in to PayPal. So I just canceled it.

It would have still worked. It shows as $100 (since PayPal is paying iTunes that), but only charges you $80.

Carm

Just got my 3 PSN codes 10 minutes ago. Just in time for S&S preorder, so I didn't have to pay extra waiting on the codes.

About 5 1/2 hours after placing order

Took advantage of the $109 deal. Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, and Salt & Sanctuary are what I'm using this for, most likely.

I wish this upcoming Naughty Dog PSN sale (starts Mar 15) would offer some sort of discount on the pre-ordering of U4, but I know it won't happen lol.

Pixels

Why in the heck can the wallet only hold $150? I had $0.01 in my account and can't redeem the third code. LOL... Have to wait for the FFXV preorder I guess...

Gamerman1

I haven't gotten mine yet either so I don't know if they're just backed up or if they could have somehow ran out of codes if that many orders were placed. I completed my order 4 hours ago and didn't have any issues with paypal and all that.

I bought two $50 dollar Best Buy email gift cards and its shows estimated delivery Saturday March 19th now. If they did run out of codes and I have to wait to get them I have no problems with that. If they don't show up by the 19th then I will call and complain lol.

Edit: Just got the code. They did at as one $100 dollar email card not two 50's. So a few hours.

Top Bottom