• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Rare Xbox 360 sale features over 60 non-backwards compatible games (Xbox 360 MarketPlace closes July 29)

Leonidas

AMD's Dogma: ARyzen (No Intel inside)
Can't believe its all over in a few days, think I'll buy a few DLC for some of my games. Its too bad DLC didn't go on sale...

Did they already delete some games before the date? Iโ€™m looking at the marketplace online and a lot of games are not even purchasable.

Looks like a lot of games have been delisted. Why was there no warning that these would disappear?
Which games? I didn't notice anything missing when searching on the console.

Leonidas

One thing I wonder about is, will you still be able to redeem game codes after the store is shut down.

You still need Xbox Live Gold/Game Pass Core to play games online, so I really wonder about redeeming game codes or subscription codes.

EDIT just found the answer:

If you intend to redeem codes for Xbox 360 or Original Xbox content via your Xbox 360 console, youโ€™ll need to redeem them before July 29, 2024. After that date, they may no longer be redeemable. This does not impact gift cards or subscription cards. For help redeeming codes, refer to:
So subscription codes will still work but not sure on game codes...

Last edited:

Jesb

Can't believe its all over in a few days, think I'll buy a few DLC for some of my games. Its too bad DLC didn't go on sale...

Which games? I didn't notice anything missing when searching on the console.
I looked on the online marketplace and thereโ€™s like a hundred un purchasable games.

Leonidas

Did all my purchases just now. Its too bad for my final purchase, since my gift card didn't cover it it charged me the full amount (and now I have a small amount on my gift card which probably won't be used for a very long time...)

Ended up spending over $100, but got 11 games and 4-5 DLCs, not too bad. Half the games I bought weren't even on sale, but I bought them anyway since they are going away forever whenever they shut it down tomorrow (XBLA non-BC exclusives that never made it to disc).

Jesb

The Xbox 360 marketplace doesnโ€™t even barely work. I keep getting broken links. It also wonโ€™t let me add a payment method.

Rip 360

Leonidas

Fuck it, just bought two more games, only cents remain of my gift card balance now, my last Xbox 360 digital purchases ever, probably.

Leonidas

I wonder if DLC for games you already own is still purchasable. I'm still seeing prices on the Extra tab on the console. XBLA trials I have show full game price too on the games tab...

Top Bottom