• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Down, Sony Acknowledges Outage (Update: All Services Are Up and Running)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Updated:

Services are starting to get restored now.

--

Original:

PSN down worldwide (September 30 / October 1, 2024)​

PSN went down tonight, September 30 (October 1, in some regions), 2024. The outage began a few hours ago and has been acknowledged by Sony, but the issue has yet to be resolved at the time of this writing.

This is a global outage affecting all regions, so irrespective of where you are, you’ll have trouble logging into the network and playing games online, among other things. According to the PSN status webpage, with the exception of PlayStation Direct, every network service is experiencing issues.

“You might have difficulty signing in or creating an account for PlayStation Network,” Sony wrote. “We’re working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.” The company added that players will have “difficulty launching games, apps or network features,” including making purchases on the PS Store.

The PS App is also not loading correctly at the time of this writing, and its associated services, like PS Stars, are also down.

Earlier today, Sony said that a technical glitch caused PS5 consoles to become clogged with ads and unwanted content. That issue has since been resolved, with players joking that Sony broke something along the way.

GYxDxG7bAAAodE3

Last edited:

DonF

Dishes done. Baby sleeping, girlfriend in bed...I haven't played in like 4 days... I need compensation! At least I advanced a little bit on "the messenger" great game!

Shin-Ra

Surprised no obligatory "digital future" post, yet
Welcome to your unreliable, inconvenient future if you play online-service-reliant games. Even ones with single player modes like Gran Turismo 7.

Streaming games? Forget about it.
Multiplayer games without LAN or bot support? Nope.
GaaS? Nah.
Ubisoft Blu-ray games you haven’t installed yet or kept installed? No.
Download games you haven’t downloaded? Nuh-uh.
That brand new PS5 slim digital or PS5 Pro without a paired Blu-ray drive? lol.

All it takes is one of the fragile links in internet connectivity to go down and the more reliant everything is on online services, the bigger a target it becomes.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Oh, No! Anyway... JK
This past Friday, I believe Moneygram was hacked... expect more of this.. I prepped and super prepped after the biggest hack of our time came out.

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
This is weird, but I haven't tried to buy anything or download anything but p. Yes. N pages were loading for me and stuff seems to be working.
Very strange.e

Top Bottom