• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Down, Sony Acknowledges Outage (Update: All Services Are Up and Running)

Sony is just dishing L after L lately
Sport Tennis GIF by Wimbledon

bundylove

Imagine you just bought a pro for $700 without a disc drive ans you cant play ypur digital games.

You know sony, at least have sometjing others have that i can stil play my digital games offline in a way where you just check the validity of the license once a week or month and then i can play them for that time period.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Imagine you just bought a pro for $700 without a disc drive ans you cant play ypur digital games.

You know sony, at least have sometjing others have that i can stil play my digital games offline in a way where you just check the validity of the license once a week or month and then i can play them for that time period.
You can play your digital games you have installed offline.

You are missing the point. They weren’t down this time, but much the same as PSN there are no guarantees that shit won’t go down next time.

Which is why digital only sucks.

The entire internet could go down. Your disc drive could scratch up your game disc to kingdom come too. Worrying about shit that only happens once in a blue moon is the definition of neurotic.

MrMephistoX

Individuals with lower IQs tend to be more reactive, but there's nothing unusual about this.
If you think that was bad you should have seen X last night: it was the # 1 trending topic and full of wannabe influencers and bots writing poorly worded meltdowns about Sony ruining their life:

My favorite was someone retweeted to Laura Loomer begging for help and tying it to some conspiracy about North Korea infiltrating the dock workers on Strike.

Last edited:

Shin-Ra

The only optical drive I’ve ever had (and there’s at least a couple dozen) that scratched discs was a launch X360. I’ve never had a drive fail completely.

Whereas online services, anywhere between my own and the game end, goes down at least 3-5 times a year.

SweetTooth

Gold Member
If you think that was bad you should have seen X last night: it was the # 1 trending topic and full of wannabe influencers and bots writing poorly worded meltdowns about Sony ruining their life:

My favorite was someone retweeted to Laura Loomer begging for help and tying it to some conspiracy about North Korea infiltrating the dock workers on Strike.
Of course it will be trending, its Playstation the biggest gaming brand ever

GermanZepp

I drew this Tarot Card on the same day Verizon went down and 1 hour later PSN goes down sorry guys all my fault

kxQoVXV.jpeg
In its reversed position, the Tower card suggests a resistance to personal transformation. It signifies a reluctance to embrace change willingly. Instead of accepting the need for change, you might be holding on to old beliefs, even when you know they no longer serve you.

angrod14

You don't need internet to play digital games, if such games are already installed and your console is set as primary. I had no issues launching all of my installed games last night, I just had to disable internet connection from system settings. Any outage that might happen (and this isn't going to be the last one) will be temporary, so eventually you'll be able to redownload your stuff again.

awwr999999

Neo Member
You are missing the point. They weren’t down this time, but much the same as PSN there are no guarantees that shit won’t go down next time.

Which is why digital only sucks.
Download games once and you can play them offline indefinitely. Back up downloaded games on an external HDD for your own private offline repository. It's been this way since PS3.

Top Bottom