• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Down, Sony Acknowledges Outage (Update: All Services Are Up and Running)

I'll laugh my ass off if on PRO release day someone hacks their servers and no one can play their 700$ digital enthusiast console 😂😂😂 it would be poetry.
The Last Of Us No GIF by PlayStation

Dthomp

Oh lets see what games am i playing in daily basis

Gundam Battle operation 2
Genshin Impact
Honkai Star Rail
First Descendant

Yeap im fucked

Guess ill just masturbate today sigh

I wasn't able to try to get on til late, so I guess I just get to miss out on my Freyna dailies in TFD....FUN!!!

Shin-Ra

Now let’s look at the PS Plus-enshitified PS5 save copy system.

You can upload/download (optional, default auto sync) all of one game’s save files as long as you’re subscribed to PS+

If you want to delete any individual saves you must play the game and do it from there.

You can use the Back Up and Restore option, that takes a few minutes just to populate the backup categories:
97d81Z3.jpeg

And minutes more to restart, copy saves, restart again, and if you didn’t want to overwrite all your most recent saves with one of these older backups, tough. It’s all or nothing.

If you don’t subscribe to PS+ (or PSN’s down) and want to quickly copy just a few recent save files you’re shit out of luck.

FeralEcho

You can upload/download (optional, default auto sync) all of one game’s save files as long as you’re subscribed to PS+

If you want to delete any individual saves you must play the game and do it from there.

You can use the Back Up and Restore option, that takes a few minutes just to populate the backup categories:
97d81Z3.jpeg

And minutes more to restart, copy saves, restart again, and if you didn’t want to overwrite all your most recent saves with one of these older backups, tough. It’s all or nothing.

If you don’t subscribe to PS+ (or PSN’s down) and want to quickly copy just a few recent save files you’re shit out of luck.
Sony is like,whoopsie I made a boo boo
TYF5QgQ.gif

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood

97d81Z3.jpeg

Yes this is such a downgrade from the PS4 days. My son wanted his Astro's Playroom save moved from my PS5 over to his PS5, I had to just sub him to PS+ for a month to do it, to be honest didn't realise this might be an option (but that was quicker and simpler I guess). Being able to throw a USB thumbstick in and copy individual saves was great.

Psychostar

Took the day off to finish taking down Erlang in Black Myth: Wukong... and I am unable to access the content. Talk about lame! Can't hop over to Astrobot either. This is why I buy the games physically when I can. There are just way more benefits. The fact that I am unable to access content I purchased is just inexcusable and a joke.

miklonus

No no no no, I can't let this shit slide. The ubisoft ceo thread was just started at 3:14 AM, Sony's PSN was offline since 9 PM, and that ubisoft ceo thread already has more comments than this one, even though this thread has more views? Some CEO talking shit about players is more important than the service you need to play games?

Took the day off to finish taking down Erlang in Black Myth: Wukong... and I am unable to access the content. Talk about lame! Can't hop over to Astrobot either. This is why I buy the games physically when I can. There are just way more benefits. The fact that I am unable to access content I purchased is just inexcusable and a joke.
If the full game is on the disc then always buy physical

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think you should have been able to access them offline if you made the PS5 you wanted to play it on your primary console?

So you just used your other ps5.. how horrible!
yes i'm sorry i couldn't cross town in the middle of the night to go to a different PS5. It's totally my problem.

And since i couldn't connect to my account, i couldn't change the main account to the PS5 i could actually use. I'm not the only person that had a similar issue dude. It was a mess.

If you can't have access to your library of SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE GAMES during a moment like this, it's not your fault.

DryvBy

No no no no, I can't let this shit slide. The ubisoft ceo thread was just started at 3:14 AM, Sony's PSN was offline since 9 PM, and that ubisoft ceo thread already has more comments than this one, even though this thread has more views? Some CEO talking shit about players is more important than the service you need to play games?
I played while it was down just fine. Just now with random players.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
yes i'm sorry i couldn't cross town in the middle of the night to go to a different PS5. It's totally my problem.

And since i couldn't connect to my account, i couldn't change the main account to the PS5 i could actually use. I'm not the only person that had a similar issue dude. It was a mess.

If you can't have access to your library of SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE GAMES during a moment like this, it's not your fault.
You have two houses!? Nice!

Top Bottom