• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Hack Update: FAQs in OP, Read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mh, for the bet you should have included that you have to guess an exact time, like May 2nd, 13:37 GMT (and the closest one wins). I think it would work better for so many participants.
Anyway carry on ^^

edit: mh, didn't think about how to actually determine when PSN will be up exactly. nvm

Bajan32 said:
Shit my Netflix just died on me mid movie...

"we are unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again later or visit........"

My Netflix has been working this whole time.. What the he'll am I going to do with no online movies too :(
Doesn't instant streaming work on PCs, too?

Professor Beef said:
I ain't even mad. :D
Hey Beef, whatever happened to the Home Dance off idea?

I think we should make a thread and call it "PSN is back, GAF Home dance off celebration" or something, gather as many GAFers in specific section of Home and dunce for a few minutes for shits and giggles!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
FINALBOSS said:
It was working fine for me...

But now when you try playing something the login keeps poppin up. And then it says "CANT CONNECT TO PSN TRY AGAIN LATER"
I might be completely wrong, but my understanding is that the app requires a PSN sign in every X number of days. I remember in one of the homebrew threads people were using the same cancel sign in trick to continue using it without upgrading to the latest firmware and eventually one day it stopped working for everybody and it started to spit out the same error. You probably just reached the limit and soon more people will too if PSN remains down.

EricHasNoPull said:

I think we should make a thread and call it "PSN is back, GAF Home dance off celebration" or something, gather as many GAFers in specific section of Home and dunce for a few minutes for shits and giggles!
I would have to redownload Home, but I'd love to do this.

EricHasNoPull said:

Someone should record it, put it on youtube and replace audio with Rebecca Black's friday. It will be the greatest thing ever. If the gaf dance off is there, I'm in.

Professor Beef said:
I would have to redownload Home, but I'd love to do this.
Cool, I say we make a thread as soon as the "Partial" PSN goes online along with HOME in one region of the world, we can use the thread to decide on a date (few days later) and time and where (which section of Home) to get together, if the majority agrees on a date and time, I guess we can add each other on friends list and go from there.

RustyNails said:
Someone should record it, put it on youtube and replace audio with Rebecca Black's friday. It will be the greatest thing ever. If the gaf dance off is there, I'm in.

I'm definitely for for the Youtube or even just screen shots, for the lulz and the history books (of GAF)

Raistlin

FINALBOSS said:
See post above yours :( :( :( :(

I dunno what happened.

Was working fine for me yesterday...I booted it up an hour ago and it made me type in my Netflix email/pw again and then stopped working. Fuck my life.
That sucks. It hasn't been asking for my Neflix credentials.

Any chance you changed your password (or someone else did)? Or maybe you forgot to pay the bill? Any chance you CC expired maybe?

Replicant said:
5/5/11 - Judgment day.

Dr Ray Stantz: I remember Revelations 7:12...?And I looked, and he opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake. And the sun became as black as sack cloth, and the moon became as blood."
Winston Zeddemore: "And the seas boiled and the skies fell."
Dr Ray Stantz: Judgement day.
Winston Zeddemore: Judgement day.

GenericUser

I hope they at least provide some free stuff to make up for this whole mess. I know that this wont really "make it up", but ... you know ... free stuff is always cool.

And dont try some "free psn+ month" bullshit on me, sony!

snack

110427.jpg

Mr_Elysia

shagg_187 said:
Don't break the GAF servers!

People don't exactly seem to be paying attention anyways. Maybe if I had a snazzy tag or something. Something like...Sega-saurus Rex. Or Oh Trent. Not like this. Oh well, it's all in Wario's hands anyways. He is the gatekeeper.

Progmetal

Raistlin said:
Maybe they handle things backwards in your county then.

We list balances as how much you owe. A balance of $0 would mean you owe nothing, not how much is left.
Are you stating your login was the same email as your PSN account, and the password was the same as well? How else would they know how much is available?

The statement says how much I owe, which is 75000 ($12 500]. Since the credit limit is the same it means I can't use it anymore until I pay my debt on the card. I phoned the Credit card company and the woman I spoke too advised me to close it and check on monday what the transaction was.

It's also strange that this months details over transactions also dissapeared at the same time.

My PSN login is different too.

Just beat the game with everyone in Mortal Kombat, im out of single player crap to do. Now I just wait patiently for PSN to make its move and come back.

Raistlin

Progmetal said:
The statement says how much I owe, which is 75000 ($12 500]. Since the credit limit is the same it means I can't use it anymore until I pay my debt on the card. I phoned the Credit card company and the woman I spoke too advised me to close it and check on monday what the transaction was.

It's also strange that this months details over transactions also dissapeared at the same time.

My PSN login is different too.
If you're login is different, I don't see how they'd know the exact amount to charge if this was related to PSN. I would think they'd need access to the account.

Change your password ... NOW.

You know, the more I think about it the more confused I become. How would someone even go about charging the exact amount you have left? Can you fund debit cards with random amounts? Otherwise maybe this is just some kind of clerical error?

or are you trolling us and it's actually a checking or savings account statement where you just withdrew all the funds?

meppi

DoctorButt said:
just finished rubbing honey all over my ps3, hopefully that will get PSN up and running again

You will need to have to wait for the bees to arrive first, and then stick your penis in there. Then it will be back up.

itxaka

Defeatist
So just wondering here and I hope someone who knows more about encryption can answer me.

Having an encrypted record and the unencrypted record makes it easy to brake it?

I was just wondering regarding the CC encrypted info. If you just created 10 users with 10 CC attached to them and then pulled the linked account + encrypted CC would that make the encrypted breaking easier to do? You have the encrypted status + the unencrypted result which in logic would make it easier (I mean like 10 less years of brute forcing power lol)

Just hoping from someone with a good encryption knowledge to roam in this topic, nothing to do with this incident :D

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Okay, I'm getting a bit tired of not being able to spend money on PSN now.

Progmetal

Raistlin said:
If you're login is different, I don't see how they'd know the exact amount to charge if this was related to PSN. I would think they'd need access to the account.

Change your password ... NOW.

You know, the more I think about it the more confused I become. How would someone even go about charging the exact amount you have left? Can you fund debit cards with random amounts? Otherwise maybe this is just some kind of clerical error?

or are you trolling us and it's actually a checking or savings account statement where you just withdrew all the funds?

No I'm not trolling or anything, but it is strange that someone could know how much I had left, so I hope it's the CC company that did this for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom