• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Hack Update: FAQs in OP, Read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
may 6th,

they'd probably wait a week to make sure everything is perfect. especially with the government coming into this.

EDIT: i'll be wrong though.

Loudninja

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.

Keep that in mind when you place you bets,I really don't thin its going to be too long now.

I think I should have go to the same day as the PSN US gets updated, probably publishers will be even more angry if they miss one more week....but nevermind, GO GO May 6!

Now I want to make it clear.

This can be one region with partial PSN service and this counts as the day the service came back online right?

pharmboy044 said:
Now I want to make it clear.

This can be one region with partial PSN service and this counts as the day the service came back online right?
Wario64 sez:

Wario64 said:
Keep in mind, we'll use the USA region to determine when PSN goes up, and it will be based on the Pacific time zone. So if it goes up at 11:59 PM PDT on May 4th, then May 4th is the winning date.

Agent X

Sblargh said:
I wonder what part of "partly up" means. If online gaming won't be up, what will? The store? *sigh* Home?

I am going to take a guess that the PS Store would be the last part of the service that gets restored. They'll probably open up the rest of PSN (online play, friends list, scoreboards, trophies) and let those portions run for a short bit before the store goes back up.

Nizz

Akainu said:
What is being bet on? Bans? Tags? or Something?
What date PSN will be back up. I know there's a prize for the correct answer, $20.00 PSN card. Check page 179 a couple of posts in for Wario64's post. Details are in there. :)

Dead Man

I will put another bet on and say that I think a money making part (home, store) will be up before online play. But maybe I am being tooo cynical now.

jax (old)

Banned
Progmetal said:
I've just noticed a transaction on my Credit Card I use for PSN for the amount of $12500.

What's your credit limit? There is no way they wouldn't have suspicious acitivtied $12500

So it was already on the card and all you had to do was cancel it without speaking to the bank person? To prove that you hadn't done it? That is serious cc fraud. You wouldn't try Find out just what the money was allocated to? That much money would freak anyone out. If it were that much money, I would really have started a topic all on it's own

What a load of horseshit

This is very meta... even when the PSN is down it is still giving us some form of a game to play ... with prizes even. sonyninjasstrikeagain

Also... calling someone out on their claims of strange activity on their CC is kind of silly in my opinion. Either they are lieing or not .. but to ask for a screencap of a bank website is not any more concrete evidence than their initial post. How hard would it be to drop that screencap into psp.. or fuck.. even MSpaint... change some numbers and throw it up here? I understand that attention whores exist but people have a right to be a little extra paranoid at this particular time.

personally, i have yet to see anything out of the ordinary on my card. Also, if you log into wells fargo there is a security/protection section of the website where you can set up notifications to be emailed/texted to your phone when a few specific red flags pop up such as international charges, withdrawls larger than X amount (which you determine), ATM activity larger than X amount and all internet transactions. If anyone here hasn't already done this .. it really is a good idea. Even without all of this SonyPanic as of late.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
3 hours left! Just make a post before midnight PDT and you're good. If you're not on the list for some reason but made a post before the deadline, just post a link to your post (unedited) and I'll add you to the list

WHEN DOES PSN GO UP NEOGAF BETTING LIST

Betting list closes at 12:01 AM PDT April 30th :)

This is for partial functionality, as in being able to login to PSN at minimum (but I'll list you if you only guess full funct.)

PRIZES ARE BEING OFFERED!
Whoever guesses the date correctly gets to choose one of three prizes:
-$20 prize of your choice (PSN, MS Points, Nintendo Points, Steam, etc. as long as it's in North America) (thanks to Mr_Elysia)
-Limited edition Xbox 360 faceplate from Zero Hour (thanks to Krakatoa)
-Stacking: Lost Hobo King DLC voucher for PSN (thanks to kassatsu).

If there are multiple winners, I will use some randomizer thingy to chose a random winner. If no one guesses the date right, well...a random person from the whole pool will be chosen just for participating.
I will do another drawing for the prizes that the winner didn't choose within the winning date pool. If only 1 person guessed the correct date, then everyone will be in the pool.

Keep in mind, we'll use the USA region to determine when PSN goes up, and it will be based on the Pacific time zone. So if it goes up at 11:59 PM PDT on May 4th, then May 4th is the winning date.

If your name isn't listed or is in the wrong date, let me know

April 29 - EL Beefo, demigod
April 30 - hikarutilmitt, Rewrite, YianGaruga, Sblargh, Adamm, rSpooky, Manji Silk Boss, x3sphere
May 1 - Marius_, ULTROS!, ApolloJoh, RbBrdMan, mr stroke, Tonza, jayb, Trin3785, dirkdiggy, robut, mufraka, Beam, B1gg_Randall, darkwing, JazzmanZ, rainking187, DR3AM, Lonely1, Koodo, SUBZERO-08, OneMoreQuestion
May 2 - Wario64, Hex, AwesomeSauce, Dead Man, plainr_, pharmboy044, chubigans, KingOfKong, Miutsu, reKon, PigSpeakers, Jinfash, Complexgod, onQ123, Trevelyon, Kccitystar, Killthee, Fistwell, Atruvius, Jaroof, polyh3dron, shagg_187, LiK, Jax, get2sammyb, Giriath_89, grkazan12, electroshockwave, Hanmik, TheSeks, enewtabie, The_Darkest_Red, aristotle, fadetoblack, Zoibie, Sp3eD, Oni Jazar, Withnail, giancarlo123x, caliblue15, TheBrain76, Cloudius12, Firehead, FINALBOSS, Toki767, Chrange, Cruzader, baekshi, ShineALight, Akuosa, GTP_Daverytimes, Infernodash, .JayZii, Seraphis Cain, Agent X, jcm, Onion_Relish, PsychoRaven
May 3 - xaosslug, arnoldocastillo2003, Professor Beef, gutter_trash, Dreamgazer, QuantumBro, RustyNails, ZeroRay, polg, daegan, Stoffinator, angelfly, StunandStab, Kaizer, Revolutionary, spats, Xater, lawblob, MooMoo, hirokazu, DMeisterJ, cjtiger300, Dedication Through Light, KenOD, No_Style, DaBuddaDa, gl0w, BLSwagger10, Kung Fu Grip, vilmer_, xKilltheMx, spindashing, phosphor112, Paznos, DenogginizerOS, Zoe, Shalashaska, Majine, LyleLanley, Rebel Leader, gregor7777, FunkyPajamas, Dark Schala, Crewnh, thegreatchamp, maxte, iCon, AniHawk, Lion Heart, Irish, -Pyromaniac-, ZZMitch, Carl, Sadaiyappan, Ericsc, androvsky, CatPee, Vormund, ShortBus, HaRyu, Returners, Purexed, LugNut74, Big Papa Husker, I3rand0, Cosmo Clock 21, tenchir, BackwardsSuggestions, Strider2K99, Akkad, rekameohs, Mercury Fred, How About No, MrTroubleMaker, DrAndonuts
May 4 - Ickman3400, RPGCrazied, Sword Familiar, Prodigal, V_Ben, BeeDog, PjotrStroganov, Mr_Brit, Neuromancer, Rikyfree, darkjedi187, Ikkarus, iNvidious01, Billychu, Mikey Jr., raebodep, lastinline, Arpharmd B, sn1pes, kinoki, Manticore, offshore, Whogie, jackb2424, notworksafe, WonkyPanda, Mr Pockets, BobTheFork, jsrv, Y2Kev, slayn, Mr.NiceGuy, NMan, theta11, Ark, Averon, Snuggler, Knux-Future, EricHasNoPull, Jo-El, Nekrono, Relix, CenLX615, Kurod
May 5- upJTboogie, CcrooK, TOM f'N CRUISE, Voltron64, Marrshu, JLG-, upJTboogie, Metalmurphy, olimpia84, CadetMahoney, NYR, falconzss, MushroomSamba, Yenrot, Raistlin, vermadas, Hey You, OchreHand, gnat_, Shinriji, HarryDemeanor, RobotsAnger, Vamphuntr, Zerokku, Forkball, Cth, Yoshiya
May 6 - Snack, UberTag, Aselith, StevePharma, Urban Scholar, _dementia, Xiul, ChocolateCupcakes, AnEternalEnigma, Relaxed Muscle, vulva, Family Fry, alr1ghtstart, stupei, S1lent, dangerbyrnes, brollyman2k, Chumly, Xanathus, cnizzle06, JasonMCG
May 7 - Dipindots, pslayer666, Persona7, AlberichMX, Bamelin, nbcjr, Htown, Wolves Evolve, sw33tclyde, JetBlackPanda
May 8 - nny, leroidys, BlueSummers, SoundWave, Hieberrr
May 9 - shintoki, Mooreberg, Proposed Law, blazinglazers, Violater, Epcott, webcivilian, Raoh, Jakfu, Conflict NZ, zerokoolpsx, CoffeeExpress
May 10 - Noshino, Baconbitz, CitizenCope, purple cobra, nckillthegrimace, Don, greyshark, gembel, thetechkid, demolitio
May 11 - Kafel, timetokill, ithorien, Mr. E. Yis
May 12 - DavieC726, Beer Monkey, Divvy
May 13 - The Spoony Hou
May 14 - bernardobri
May 15 - Megadragon15, Jakeh111

May 17 - Winterblink, D4Danger
May 18 - keit4, izakq
May 19 - Mama Robotnik
May 20 - NeededSleep

May 23 - Ryu Hayabusa
May 24 - statham
May 25 - Firest0rm

May 27 - RPG_Fanatic

May 30 - DryEyeRelief, Angelcurio
May 31 - equap
June 1 - Sgt.Pepper
June 2 - SteelAttack

June 6 - DrForester, Hexadecimalt

June 16 - Brannon

June 31 - Lunchbox

July 4 - Krakatoa
July 5 - TigerUppercut

July 7 - nli10

Nov 1 - Net_Wrecker

Nov 11 - vissione

Dec 12 2012 - Combichristoffersen

Dec 21 2012 - Jal

Feb 29 2014(wait a minute...) - larvi

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I3rand0 said:
May 3rd. PSN Store updates with PSN firmware update.

Maybe on Thursdays, but never Tuesdays.

Firmware goes up before the next store update in general as the store has to be "maintained"/updated to reflect the firmware updates to the store (if any).

Wario putting me down for the 2nd only. Boo. But realistically it has to be that as it's one week from the announcement. Though knowing Sony I'm probably wrong and it'll be the 3rd (or sometime between evening 2nd and morning 3rd).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom