• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pure Pool |OT| From The Creators Of Hustle Kings

So I'm in the third round of the amateur cup, the last game which is a 5 game tournament. I'm playing against a pro(???) and they're almost impossible at my skill level. Why the fuck you face a pro in an amateur tournament is beyond me. Anyway, you miss one pot and you're basically done. Such bullshit.

Hustle Kings was incredibly difficult too :(

Sentenza

Eh, I had a chance to try a quick match with the game.
As i suspected, it seemed a far lesser product than Pool Nation to me.

Pure Pool pros:
- I guess the table feels a bit more classy and intimate, if you care about that.
- Not completely sure about it and I didn't test extensively, but judging by an early feeling maybe physics are slightly more authentic.

Pool Nation pros:
- more modes
- the control system is a lot more refined, both more comfortable (making more simple to do simple things) and more accurate, giving the player options to do more complex and elaborate shots, useful to try some sick skllshots.
- ridiculous characters and additional challenges about skill shots and so on (which rewards you with stars and unlocks) can add a lot of variety.
- online works, I guess?

jonabbey

Having a lot of fun with this tonight on PS4. I wish it made it more clear how you do local multiplayer, like showing the username in the UI when you have multiple players logged in on your PS4. Lots of obvious improvements they could make around multiplayer in general (both players playing locally should be able to earn trophies, e.g.). Gorgeous table, physics feels good.. and they're not doing the free to pay nonsense that Sony is doing with Hustle Kings. I imagine Hustle Kings on the PS4 will crush Pure Pool, but I bet it won't look this good.

A patch came out on PS4 yesterday that fixes the constant stream of messages when players come online. Still no brightness/gamma options though.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Sorry for a double-post, but:

screenshot73e5zz2.png

Tizoc

Game's on sale for $10 on US PSN this week, gonna grab it just to have something casual to play from time to time :p

Top Bottom