• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox World | OT | I see a little silhouetto of a Mallo

maxcriden

I can't believe I'm stuck on #83. I guess tonight is not my pushmo night.

I think I was stuck on that one, too. Sounds familiar. Feel free to post a pic if you want a tip or somethin'. We made it to puzzle 103 or so tonight. These are getting insanely hard!

I should really look into getting an eShop card for this, Shovel Knight, and Armillo.

You definitely should. And The Cave if you can play it co-op. And NES Remix 1/2. And Kung Fu Rabbit!

zroid

Banned
#83 is the type which is incredibly simple but trips people up because of how it's designed

that's probably a hint in itself

Robin64

Why can't I solve 71, the lollipop? What am I missing? I hate this game!

Edit: Whenever I moan on GAF, I always then go and solve it right away. Woop.

Phil S.

Banned
You definitely should. And The Cave if you can play it co-op. And NES Remix 1/2. And Kung Fu Rabbit!

I tried The Cave demo back when it released, but it didn't tickle my fancy. As for the others, yeah, they're rather good. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed Kung Fu Rabbit. :)

maxcriden

I tried The Cave demo back when it released, but it didn't tickle my fancy. As for the others, yeah, they're rather good. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed Kung Fu Rabbit. :)

I think The Cave really shines in co-op. It's too messy trying to control three characters if you're playing by yourself. I'm glad to hear Kung Fu Rabbit has one more fan, that's a stellar game. (Scram Kitty is another eShop gem, BTW, and Guacamelee looks great.)

celebi23

So, my Pushmo isn't showing up in the World Pushmo Fair. I submitted this yesterday:
zlCfzSHpJWg-s8wrmM

I went to check on it today and saw this:

I tried to submit it again and got this message:

When I check my Pushmo in the design studio, it's marked as being sent to the World Pushmo Fair yet, it doesn't show up. Any ideas as to what's causing this?

maxcriden

celebi23, did you already play/complete your Pushmo? I haven't made any yet but I believe you have to beat it yourself before it will correctly submit it.

celebi23

zroid

Banned
zlCfzSHJDlUGsuF1XU

I just did this... there is one brutal freaking jump that seems impossible :lol

when you get to it, don't give up!

maxcriden

I think we're up to like 112 or so now. The
murals
are really neat. I really enjoyed the
accordion.
And I'm eager to check out the user-created puzzles!

Foffy

Banned
Up to the last 10 Pushmo. Anyone have any idea on what to do with 141? I
hit the switch to move out all of the yellow blocks, but I literally cannot see what the hell I am to do after that.

Can anyone help me with 140? It's the last challenge stage before the bonus murals. I skipped it to do the other ones and I still have no idea what to do...

Edit: Wow. I have seriously been stuck for like an hour, but as soon as I made a post I immediately figured it out...

zroid

Banned
Can anyone help me with 140? It's the last challenge stage before the bonus murals. I skipped it to do the other ones and I still have no idea what to do...

Edit: Wow. I have seriously been stuck for like an hour, but as soon as I made a post I immediate figured it out...

Congrats, lol. I was stuck on this one for a while.

Foffy

Banned
Okay, I did all of the Pushmo in the game, but it seems I'm missing one stamp.

Is there a particular requirement for this one? It's the
bottom right-most stamp.

StuBurns

Banned
Just bought this today, played a few puzzles, very nice. I played the 3DS one very briefly, so looking forward to digging in deeper this time.

I'm planning on buying this game soon
ish
, but I have a question: are there a lot of levels beyond the ones that come with the game and is the community alive? I'm asking because I would love to keep playing it.

I'm also planning on getting the 3DS ones too.

zroid

Banned
I'm planning on buying this game soon
ish
, but I have a question: are there a lot of levels beyond the ones that come with the game and is the community alive? I'm asking because I would love to keep playing it.

I'm also planning on getting the 3DS ones too.

Well, I don't know how many puzzles have been made specifically by the Wii U community, but all 3DS puzzles are compatible, so there will certainly be a wealth of content available online. Just need to scan the QR codes.

I'm sure you'll find plenty via the built-in the online sharing tool though.

Well, I don't know how many puzzles have been made specifically by the Wii U community, but all 3DS puzzles are compatible, so there will certainly be a wealth of content available online. Just need to scan the QR codes.

I'm sure you'll find plenty via the built-in the online sharing tool though.

Thank you!

maxcriden

Finally on Puzzle 120 and pretty stuck. We decided to give it a break for now and come back to it later. The
big murals
section has really had some stumpers for me. I was able to do the
pyramid and sphinx
decently enough, at least.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Back from a vacation, discovered The Magician :) All my love

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I just struggle with Pushmo puzzle solving. Something about it and I don't go together well at all.

Currently stuck on this fucking baby level.
I had this problem with braid. Game didn't click with my brain, the time going the direction you walk destroyed my ability to play it.

I'm curious about this but I found the first one on ds..... Average. Not sure I get the brilliance of it at all

maxcriden

New Pushmo impressions article from Kotaku which was a good read:

http://kotaku.com/crashmos-good-you-should-give-it-another-shot-1601296586

--

So, we beat the final level of the regular Pushmos yesterday,
#120, Boss. My wife pointed out to me how funny it is that the final regular puzzle is a "Boss" level. That is so clever!

We haven't done any Bonus Pushmos yet; instead we've started to work on the Mysterious Pushmos. Only done some linked ones so far. Very tricky and fun. They really make you think so differently about how to complete the puzzles, with a lot of different and extra foresight necessary. So I'm glad we waited to do these until we had completed all of the regular Pushmos.

--

BTW, who is your favorite Pushmo baby?

Mine is:

1403632996000-Pushmo-Characters.jpg

The little Spiky one. His spiky hair and 'tude really crack me up. He reminds me our cat (yes, any excuse I have to post a picture of our cat, I take):

11490353203_71b892a215_o.jpg

KooopaKid

Banned
Whoever designed the Dr Mario viruses puzzles is an evil genius.

I've observed that symetrical puzzles are often the hardest.

maxcriden

*checks watch* Looks like we're about 1-2 months from our first LTTP thread about how amazing this game was and asking why no one on GAF talked about it....

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
the special challenges are hautes cuisine, amazing stuff!

daydream

Banned
Seeing Gravity Falls puzzles makes me want a GF adventure game. :O

Edit: Someone did the Pokemon TCG sprites of the Eevolutions. <3

KooopaKid

Banned
100% it in about 17 hours! It took a bit too long to get difficult but the last 30 puzzles or so were really good. I wonder how they design the puzzles. Some of them are just genius.

maxcriden

100% it in about 17 hours! It took a bit too long to get difficult but the last 30 puzzles or so were really good. I wonder how they design the puzzles. Some of them are just genius.

Kudos!! Some of them are indeed genius. We beat the last Mysterious puzzle tonight and started the Bonus puzzles. Some real mind-benders in there so far. After playing so many Mysterious puzzles though we keep having to remind ourselves that the blocks aren't linked in regular puzzles.

Top Bottom