• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox World | OT | I see a little silhouetto of a Mallo

daydream

Banned
I gotta say, I've gotten really good at scanning those QR codes. It only takes me a few seconds now.

If Nintendo did their usual survey of this, it'd be the first time I gave a game points for usefulness, lol.

maxcriden

We just did a slew of Training Puzzles. I think like 30? They started to require a bit of thought by the end but the first dozen or so were really mindless. Glad we're getting these done now, they're fun enough but not to the level of the main puzzles so far.

zroid

Banned
We just did a slew of Training Puzzles. I think like 30? They started to require a bit of thought by the end but the first dozen or so were really mindless. Glad we're getting these done now, they're fun enough but not to the level of the main puzzles so far.

Yeah they're easy but I kind of like them just on a mechanical level. It's interesting how each stage hones in on one specific technique, and they're all different.

KooopaKid

Banned
I really liked the special puzzles with the new mechanics (Yin-yang, timed blocks and so on). I think it's quite impressive how they manage to add new rules with every installments.
I'm going to spend a lot of time on this game.

Can anyone here tell me if I am right in observing that on the Canadian eShop, where Pushmo World is listed at $10.99, there is no discount for previously owning Pushmo/Crashmo on the 3DS on the same NNID like there is in another regions?

zroid

Banned
Can anyone here tell me if I am right in observing that on the Canadian eShop, where Pushmo World is listed at $10.99, there is no discount for previously owning Pushmo/Crashmo on the 3DS on the same NNID like there is in another regions?

No discount in any NOA territory I'm afraid

daydream

Banned
Have fun on 119, it's freakin' rad

IT'S REALLY GOOD

I'm missing one final point, though, hmm. Just thinking aloud for a sec:
I wonder if I have to pull out the bottom red part of the biggest doll's head cloth all the way (three squares out) or two. Because with three, I could land on a small red spot if I jump down from the second doll, and then do the rest. However, if I pull out that red block out all the way (which is possible), I can't seem to get back to the second doll and do the whole roundabout to get back on top of the second one and jump off, etc.
Rest of the puzzle had a great flow to it, but I have to stop and think for a second here. :eek:

Edit: nm, I got this. Not the conundrum I thought it was. My Pushmo instinct was right again, though!

Edit2: Heh, clever idea for a last puzzle.

daydream

Banned
The last puzzle is legit, as they say. Boy.

What makes it so difficult is that you can make mistakes that basically end your run, but due to the layout of the puzzle you might only realise it when it's already too late to rewind to a salvageable state. I've been going at it for 40 minutes (judging from my last post), had a serious plan in mind - only to realise that a small blue block (one of, if not the smallest in the whole puzzle) that I had carelessly pulled out all the way 20 or so minutes ago obstructed the execution of my whole idea. Trying to rectify that only led to further complications, it was quite the comedy, lol.

I'll have to try again tomorrow. Oh, Papa Blox is also present and happy to give you a hint if you want. I'll be damned if I used it, though!

maxcriden

The last puzzle is legit, as they say. Boy.

Ah man, you're making me think of this beaut:

PL2153T.gif

PL2153B.gif

The Diabolical Box itself....

I just played a user created level called "frozen journey", and it was great.
It almost felt like a mini platformer hahaha.
The user generated stuff in this game is making me really excited for Mario Maker.

octopiggy

Just completed the the final puzzle in Pushmo Park (
Final Boss
!) Really enjoyed my playthrough.
Although the puzzles were quite obviously getting harder as I progressed, I found myself getting stuck less frequently. I blasted through the last bunch of puzzles. They took longer to do by their nature but made me feel like a Pushmo Boss!

For those that have seen the credits roll, how many stamps are you up to?

- You get one for every Pushmo Park level you complete. (
Total of 12
)
- One for every training level you complete. (
Total of 5
)
- One for every Mysterious Pushmo level you complete. (
Total of 5
)
- One for completing the
ending credits mini-game
. (
Just the 1
)
- The I'm assuming the last three are for
completing all the Bonus Pushmo (looks like there are 3 levels
) (
Total of 3
)

I've still got the a couple more levels of Mysterious Pushmo to do and then of course the last bullet point. I've never played Crashmo but might have to look into getting that after the fun I've had with this.

maxcriden

Bowie, I'm really eager to try your puzzles once I'd done the main ones. Thanks for all of the time and effort you're putting into them. I think I've seen at least one of yours in the Popular category, BTW!

BowieZ

Banned
Bowie, I'm really eager to try your puzzles once I'd done the main ones. Thanks for all of the time and effort you're putting into them. I think I've seen at least one of yours in the Popular category, BTW!
Cheers. I've been trying to scale them in order of difficulty, but it's incredibly hard to work it all out perfectly like that. I have a feeling Morton is a tiny bit easier than the last couple, but I know Ludwig is a doozy. Can't wait to see people prove they beat that one!

zroid

Banned
The timed ones are my nemeses. They remind me of Crashmo a little bit because you have to plan ahead so much. D:

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The timed ones are my nemeses. They remind me of Crashmo a little bit because you have to plan ahead so much. D:
Yeah, I was having some trouble with the later ones because it's hard to tell just how long they'll stayed pulled out. Would have been nice if there was a better indicator.

& this is coming one of those games where I really appreciate the gamepad screen. Can just lay in bed without having to turn the TV on & sit up straight and play on that instead.

octopiggy

I'm enjoying the timed ones. They remind me of Braid, when you have to time your switch presses and then try rewind time to make sure everything is in sync.

I really all the mysterious Pushmo. I wonder what they could do in future games to switch up puzzles.

daffy

Banned
Why the fuck did Papa Blox leave after the first few levels. I knew he was gonna do this shit after his back locked up

I'm struggling y'all

daydream

Banned
The timed ones aren't that challenging. Pushing/pulling them once is enough to reset them, don't forget. I really enjoyed them.

Still adding every GAFfer puzzle, btw. Keep' em coming! (Oh, and good work!)

zroid

Banned
finally finished the mysterious set :)

now all that's left to tackle is the bonus set. I think I'll put it off till tomorrow, the puzzles which unlock post-credits are always much more difficult than the others in these games.

edit: out of interest, I'm at 17 hrs now. Haven't put any time into playing or creating custom puzzles yet.

daydream

Banned
I imported my 3DS creation to Wii U using the QR code, but now I can't edit it nor make a QR code for it in Wii U :(

You have to beat it first if you want to upload it.

Also, maybe you copy-protected it in 3DS Pushmo and that's why you can't edit it? Not sure about that part.

daydream

Banned
Is the 'Run Brooks' puzzle that's no. 1 on the Players' Pullblox list a reference to something? I don't recognise that motif.

I did beat it, and it's not protected. Weird

Hm, so you beat it by selecting it in the Workshop, right (not as a 'test' in the editor)? Just making sure, since I've made that mistake myself. I'm assuming you did, in which case I have no idea, sorry. :(

Kouriozan

Couldn't ressist and played until puzzle 122, I'm loving that new world already.
119 and 120 took me awhile to get it though x)

BooJoh

I imported my 3DS creation to Wii U using the QR code, but now I can't edit it nor make a QR code for it in Wii U :(

Here's what I had to do for mine:
1) save an unlocked QR on 3DS.
2) scan that into the Wii U
3) unlock all required Pushmo Studio upgrades to support the puzzle (switches, size, etc)
4) create a new puzzle, hit copy, choose the unlocked puzzle you scanned in, hit save
5) Now you have two copies. Beat the new one and you can upload it to Pushmo World Fair. You can feel free to delete the scanned in version too.

Here's what I had to do for mine:
1) save an unlocked QR on 3DS.
2) scan that into the Wii U
3) unlock all required Pushmo Studio upgrades to support the puzzle (switches, size, etc)
4) create a new puzzle, hit copy, choose the unlocked puzzle you scanned in, hit save
5) Now you have two copies. Beat the new one and you can upload it to Pushmo World Fair. You can feel free to delete the scanned in version too.

Quite a process...thank you, I'll try it!

octopiggy

I'm nearly done. Just got the last 10 Bonus Murals left. The last 15 or so puzzles have been really rough.

I also spent ages trying to get my head around the last 2 Mysterious Pushmo. Got there eventually though. Good work to anyone that's managed those.

octopiggy

Arrgh!! Stuck on No.147. It's a small puzzle but I can't see any possible way. So infuriating!

edit: Got it like 5 mins later! This always seems to be the way! I think the trick is just to take a bit of a break.

Top Bottom