• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox World | OT | I see a little silhouetto of a Mallo

jwluther

Is there anyway to link the 3DS version at the beginning so I can skip the tutorials? Or do I have to play through them all anyway?

octopiggy

The last 8 or so puzzles are super tough. I've only got the last 3 left and they are driving me absolutely insane. I'm starting to wonder if I will ever finish them. Think I might try take a break for a day or 2 because each one looks like it is going to be a marathon.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Ok, I finally got some time to sit down and do some more. Curiously, I breezed through Murals 3, but the timed M's have been my bane. I think I'll return to Pushmo 3DS to finish those bonus Murals (left it on Samus) during my commutes for the rest of this week. Wish me luck.

Ok, I finally got some time to sit down and do some more. Curiously, I breezed through Murals 3, but the timed M's have been my bane. I think I'll return to Pushmo 3DS to finish those bonus Murals (left it on Samus) during my commutes for the rest of this week. Wish me luck.
Oh no there's timed puzzles?

Lame, I tend not to like timed stuff.

Heres a puzzle i made.

zlCfzSFj8xcvsRumyu

Just opened up Murals 2... damn, this section of the park must be especially well fertilized! Things are huge!

This game is so much fun. Best thing I've bought for my new Wii U next to Mario Kart.

maxcriden

That's why we need a search feature for Miiverse Pushmo.

I was thinking if we find him through one of his Popular Pushmos we can find the rest? BowieZ, if you're reading this, feel free to email me at maxcriden at gmail dot com with any Pushmos and I'll gladly post them.

I am really confused by why he was banned for that post, but that's neither here nor there. I understand Pushmos are a touchy subject, but c'mon.

zroid

Banned
BowieZ
Banned
(Today, 09:58 AM)

Oh no! You've pushmo'd it too far. :(

Something about Pushmo drives BowieZ off the deep end.

I recall that when Crashmo came out he got banned about a week later. He had been making a lot of cool Crashmo puzzles too. I was completely inept at making them (unlike Pushmo) so it was appreciated, lol.

yknow what I think I'm confusing him with someone else lol

(he did make a lot of great Crashmo puzzles though!)

blu

BowieZ, stay tight, dude. You'll be back pushmoing soon. In the meantime, Pushmo Worlds really needs a better community implementation.

Oh no there's timed puzzles?

Lame, I tend not to like timed stuff.
I wouldn't called the timed M's lame, but if there's a puzzle in the entire pushmo/crashmo series I didn't enjoy, that's M-30.

zroid

Banned
Which one is this infamous M-30 again? I dn't think any of the M puzzles really stumped me too bad.

edit: I just checked it out. This one's actually really easy. There's a trick to it though.

If anyone's still stuck on it: (I put each step in its own spoiler tag)
1. pull out the red block with the switches first
2. jump on the black and red switches
3. pull out the blue block all the way (delay this action by a couple seconds to give yourself more time later)
4. run back and jump on the yellow switch
5. hop on the blocks to the left, and wait on the yellow one until the black and red blocks recede
6. jump on the white switch
7. quickly hop into the red manhole
8. hit the other black switch and finish

Roo

I'm loving the shit out of this game.
I have to admit I was hesitant when I first purchased it but it grew on me FAST.
Some of those levels are a breeze but others really make me scratch my head trying to figure how they work.
Amazing eShop game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Phew, finally did puzzles 81 through 90, guess I'll stoooohhhh man
Nintendo murals that even have remixes of music from where they came from
?! Must keep playing!

maxcriden

I'm loving the shit out of this game.
I have to admit I was hesitant when I first purchased it but it grew on me FAST.
Some of those levels are a breeze but others really make me scratch my head trying to figure how they work.
Amazing eShop game.

Really glad you're digging it. Thanks again for all of your help with the OT!

octopiggy

After taking a day break I managed to finish 148 this morning. In typical Pushmo style it seemed obvious once I had it figured out.
Just 2 left now. They both look pretty daunting.

blu

Which one is this infamous M-30 again? I dn't think any of the M puzzles really stumped me too bad.

edit: I just checked it out. This one's actually really easy. There's a trick to it though.

If anyone's still stuck on it: (I put each step in its own spoiler tag)
1. pull out the red block with the switches first
2. jump on the black and red switches
3. pull out the blue block all the way (delay this action by a couple seconds to give yourself more time later)
4. run back and jump on the yellow switch
5. hop on the blocks to the left, and wait on the yellow one until the black and red blocks recede
6. jump on the white switch
7. quickly hop into the red manhole
8. hit the other black switch and finish
Actually there's an even simpler solution, without any hurry in the execution:
It's all in the order of jumping on switches: black, red, yellow. Then just walk to the blue block, pull all the way out, manhole to yellow, by that time the switch at yellow to the left is unobstructed, so jump on it, then just manhole to red. You're done (with one more switch).

That said, I still did not enjoy the level. It just wasn't Pushmo to me.

zroid

Banned
That said, I still did not enjoy the level. It just wasn't Pushmo to me.

Well, I think that's true for pretty much all the timed stages. :p

it really changes the dynamics of the puzzle solving. there's only 10 of them so I thought it was a neat little diversion, but I wouldn't want to play a whole game of those, probably.

blu

Well, I think that's true for pretty much all the timed stages. :p

it really changes the dynamics of the puzzle solving. there's only 10 of them so I thought it was a neat little diversion, but I wouldn't want to play a whole game of those, probably.
And thanks God there were only 10! Part of the charm of Pushmo for me is taking the chance of doing something not-so-clever, then trying to get yourself out of the "mess" without having to reset the puzzle (if possible, of course). In contrast, the timed levels go pretty much like this for me: I sit and stare at the screen for some time, then hurry and execute the plan, after which the level is either done, or I'm back to square zero, staring at the screen.

octopiggy

I did it!

zlCfzSGGIaAGAoyd0N

All puzzles completed! The last two were pretty epic. No. 149 wasn't too hard but took a lot of trekking back and forth. Again, they both seemed easy once I'd finally finished them.
I'm gonna try a few custom puzzles but can't really see myself creating many myself. Really enjoyed my time with the game though. I will definitely go back and play Crashmo at some point.

It took me 30 hours altogether apparently!

Stoze

Wasn't sure if I would like this game, could've been hit or miss. Turns out I love it, what an immensely satisfying puzzle game. I'm on #96 and have maybe done 15 or so special puzzles.

As addicting as it is, the best trick to solving these puzzles is putting the controller down and coming back later. 9 times out of 10 the puzzle gets solved immediately, has been working like a charm so far. Great game to play in short bursts. Also feels pretty damn content heavy, the amount of puzzles seem never ending. Throw in a level editor and sharing and you're going to value town for 10 dollars. Actually got it for free with digital deluxe promo from Mario Kart 8 and Windwaker HD digital downloads, so even better.

Also the game is god damn adorable and the soundtrack is fantastic.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Got it yesterday and I love it as well. I had Pushmo on 3DS, it's more of the same so far, but it's still delightful.

iratA

I did it!

zlCfzSGGIaAGAoyd0N

All puzzles completed! The last two were pretty epic. No. 149 wasn't too hard but took a lot of trekking back and forth. Again, they both seemed easy once I'd finally finished them.
I'm gonna try a few custom puzzles but can't really see myself creating many myself. Really enjoyed my time with the game though. I will definitely go back and play Crashmo at some point.

It took me 30 hours altogether apparently!

Wow! Congrats. One day those stamps shall BE MINE. Stuck on that damn turtle atm in Murals 3. Gah.

zroid

Banned
Damn. 140 has got me.

edit: this is hopeless. i'll come back later. >_<

edit2: I am such an idiot, how was I stuck on this for so long earlier? PUSHMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can someone give me a hint for Pushmo 115? It's the only one so far that has me completely stumped.

EDIT: Nevermind! Solved the try after I posted this. Three days of being stumped on that one.

maxcriden

Okay we beat #75
Magician
! And the next few. Really fun, clever puzzles. I actually thought
Giraffe
and
Orange
were tougher.

zroid

Banned
Arrgh!! Stuck on No.147. It's a small puzzle but I can't see any possible way. So infuriating!

edit: Got it like 5 mins later! This always seems to be the way! I think the trick is just to take a bit of a break.

I just cleared this one haha xD

I admit I breezed through, although I did hit one roadblock... wonder if it's the same as yours.
when I was standing on Mario's chin and pulling out his 'stache, but couldn't pull it out far enough to advance further.
Just stood there for a minute and realized there was only one possible way to fix this, so I backtracked.

octopiggy

I just cleared this one haha xD

I admit I breezed through, although I did hit one roadblock... wonder if it's the same as yours.
when I was standing on Mario's chin and pulling out his 'stache, but couldn't pull it out far enough to advance further.
Just stood there for a minute and realized there was only one possible way to fix this, so I backtracked.

Yeah, that was it. I seem to remember that the eureka moment was something to do with
pulling out his left button on his overalls

Nice work on getting this far. And good luck with those last three. Those three probably took me the longest of all.

zroid

Banned
Nice work on getting this far. And good luck with those last three. Those three probably took me the longest of all.

Thank you :)

I found 148 and 150 quite difficult. 148 wasn't that complicated but I didn't notice what you had to for some time. 150 was legit, lots of meticulous planning required, lol. I had to reset and/or do massive rewinds multiple times. Like you 149 took me a while but I didn't find it too difficult. It was just long.

Neither were as bad for me as a certain puzzle I was complaining about earlier. It's still the only one I've been forced to take a break from for a while and come back to.

Total time:
Vjhko0k.png

I'm gonna try to make some later, but first I need to play Shovel Knight!

zroid

Banned
Congrats! Was this your first Pushmo? I'm interested to know how they stack up difficulty-wise. I've got the first game on my 3ds but I'm trying to save it for my holiday next week.

Well I personally found the 3DS Pushmo more difficult, but I don't know how much of that was just lack of experience. Crashmo is much much harder, but it's a different game really.

daydream

Banned
I can finally return to this.

There are some beautiful puzzles in the Popular category at the moment, btw (Space Zone, Fleur dorée, Nightmare's Orb, Earthbound 0, to name a few).

blu

I can't believe I'm stuck on #83. I guess tonight is not my pushmo night.

Top Bottom