• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox World | OT | I see a little silhouetto of a Mallo

Shahadan

I can't find the nice Wonder Red one, Shahadan. Does it have a code or something?

zlCfzSEH11IMZmCjnR

Fortunately we can track the Yeahs we gave on miiverse!

I guess you can't see everything from within the game.

The guy also has some other nice ones :

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/gonzarez

zlCfzSEIRzc_BIKNW1

AdanVC

Excellent OT! Downloading this game as soon as I get home. It will be my first Pushmo game since I've never tried the ones on the 3DS :)

jblank83

So far I like this less than the Crashmo style of puzzles. Crashmo makes me think harder. I also don't like the kids as much as the birds. Half the reason is the sounds the children make.

It's fun though, still challenging, and still addicting. Only partway through the first set of puzzles right after the lesson puzzles. Looking forward to the more complex ones.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So far I like this less than the Crashmo style of puzzles. Crashmo makes me think harder. I also don't like the kids as much as the birds. Half the reason is the sounds the children make.

It's fun though, still challenging, and still addicting. Only partway through the first set of puzzles right after the lesson puzzles. Looking forward to the more complex ones.
Just wait lol. Smh

zroid

Banned
It's probably never going to get as tough as the toughest Crashmo puzzles, but Pushmo can get pretty damn brutal all the same

Birathen

I.. Lovehate this game so much.. My brain melts and runs out my nose when I get stuck. Its like "Hmm.. I Tried this twice befor and it didnt work. Lets see if third time is the charm!" and then The solution is right there, laughing at me! It makes me soooo angry :p

Robin64

I just struggle with Pushmo puzzle solving. Something about it and I don't go together well at all.

Currently stuck on this fucking baby level.

Can anyone report if Pushmo World is worthwhile for people who have already played the original on 3DS? Or is it mostly redundant? My main concern is that the new content doesn't amount to much because my experience with the original game, as elegant as the mechanics were, was that it took an awfully long time for the puzzles to become challenging. I suppose there is the new user content sharing over Miiverse, but does the new game offer much else to those who have completed the first?

Both Pullblox/Pushmo and Fallblox/Crashmo belong to the small group of incredibly fun logic games that are conceptually simple while offering mind bending and awesome puzzles. And I still don't have 100% completed both games... ;_;

Venture Beat said:
Pushmo World is a fun puzzle game, even if its presentation will make you feel like a preschooler.

That sounds dumb.

Can anyone report if Pushmo World is worthwhile for people who have already played the original on 3DS? Or is it mostly redundant? My main concern is that the new content doesn't amount to much because my experience with the original game, as elegant as the mechanics were, was that it took an awfully long time for the puzzles to become challenging. I suppose there is the new user content sharing over Miiverse, but does the new game offer much else to those who have completed the first?

It has been quite some time since I started Pullblox, but I think the start of Pullblox World is a lot better than the original. Both in the amount of unskippable tutorials (which this game could still reduce the amount of) and the difficulty of the starting stages.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Man, I had forgotten how long the tutorial-isation in this series lasts. But game really kicks in around Murals 2. Really enjoying it, and the player creations are just amazing!

Gotta pooosh! Gotta poosh! Gotta poosh the blocks now, yo!

Sorry, thread title made me do it.

I'd love to play this now but soooo swamped with other games. Maybe later. I loved the first one (didn't play as much of the second though).

blu

Yeah. I guess the 3DS one never had the switches that fully push and pull all blocks of a colour in?
Yes, it has one new feature, the arrow like object that pull/push blox of the same colour.
Actually 3ds did have those, but they might have been introduced in Fallblox/Crashmo, I don't remember.

zroid

Banned
That Baby one is tricky, lol

edit: they had the pull out switches in 3DS Pushmo, but not the push back switches

blu

That Baby one is tricky, lol
I think gaffers are overthinking it. I also spent some time on it, and maybe because I was showing the game to my wife on that level, I got stuck. The moment she walked away I solved it ; )

I was stuck on the Baby one for what has to be a half hour and just solved it. Doesn't feel straightforward nor was there some Eureka moment. Killer. :lol

zroid

Banned
I think gaffers are overthinking it. I also spent some time on it, and maybe because I was showing the game to my wife on that level, I got stuck. The moment she walked away I solved it ; )

Yea lol there is just one specific thing which is a little bit tricky and easy to miss. Once I realized it, I reset the puzzle and quickly solved it.

So does anyone know how the Pushmo characters came about? Like, what is Mallow supposed to be?

Would've been great if he was in Smash. He would just dump blocks on people or even a grapple character.

blu

BTW, am I the only one thinking OT's subtitle should have been 'Et tu, Brute'? ; )

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, the baby one was the first real stumper I ran into. Took about 10 minutes until I realized what I was doing wrong.

Dang, I really liked Pushmo and Crashmo on my 3DS and would like to get this, but I only have $8.40 on my account right now and not sure I want to buy another $20 just to get this. If only NA had the same deal Europe has......

Shahadan

Remember to check if you have a premium coupon left if you have the black wii u. My Pushmo World was free :3
Feels good.

no credit card, I guess

You can get $10 cards at Target tho

No I have a credit card, but wasn't aware there was a $10 sku for credit. Still not sure I want to spend another $10 when I'm only $2 away from affording it, I'm cheap that way. Maybe if another VC game releases that I want.

zroid

Banned
No I have a credit card, but wasn't aware there was a $10 sku for credit. Still not sure I want to spend another $10 when I'm only $2 away from affording it, I'm cheap that way. Maybe if another VC game releases that I want.

Wha? I'm about to blow your mind here...

you can add exact funds (even as low as $0.01) with a credit card on the eShop

Shahadan

Wha? I'm about to blow your mind here...

you can add exact funds (even as low as $0.01) with a credit card on the eShop

I still don't understand why so many people don't know that tbh it's blowing my mind everytime I see it here

Top Bottom