• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox World | OT | I see a little silhouetto of a Mallo

daydream

Banned
Here's my first one. Not too difficult, but hopefully enjoyable. :)

AebN9xo.jpg

So, how long until it shows up on the Pullblox Fair?

zroid

Banned
Just got done getting my butt kicked by No. 70 for a while. Feels good to end the day on a winning note though. :3

zroid

Banned
Is this worth getting if I thought the original 2 were too hard?

Well assuming the difficulty curve continues at the same rate as previous games, I would peg this one somewhere in between Pushmo and Crashmo.

I dunno. The sharing features are really robust in Pushmo World so even if you find yourself getting frustrated with the pre-made levels, you might have more fun creating and solving community puzzles than in the past.

BooJoh

I'm wondering this too. I have 8 puzzles I made on 3DS, I've sent two so far (still need to unlock more parts for the editor before I can convert my others) but neither is visible yet.

It's been about an hour since I submitted my first one. I gather they have to be screened by hand since Pushmo likely doesn't have the advanced penis recognition algorithms of Miiverse drawing posts, but the QRs go up on Miiverse right away so I dunno.

Foffy

Banned
Is this worth getting if I thought the original 2 were too hard?

Crashmo is fucking ridiculous. I had to rely on a guide for most of that game. The model they went with for the puzzles is way too complex for most. Pushmo World starts off easier than that, and includes a tutorial area for many of the games concepts.

BooJoh

Here's my first one. Not too difficult, but hopefully enjoyable. :)

AebN9xo.jpg

Well I see that one up there now.

EDIT: I think the best thing about this game in particular is that in order to play user levels, you can just log on, browse, and play. Then you can save your favorites. No fussing around with QR codes and managing save space.

EDIT 2: My first puzzle is up. The delay between submission and appearance seems to be about an hour currently.

MilesTeg

Banned
I went into this as a Pushmo rookie and I have to say the challenge is far more than I expected. This game makes me feel pretty dumb at times, and usually I rip though games like this. Refreshing though, I'm glad to have some staying power for the $10. Great game.

BooJoh

I went into this as a Pushmo rookie and I have to say the challenge is far more than I expected. This game makes me feel pretty dumb at times, and usually I rip though games like this. Refreshing though, I'm glad to have some staying power for the $10. Great game.

Some of the later Puzzles in the first one did this to me. Crashmo is even harder. I got stuck on a puzzle about halfway through Crashmo a week or so after it came out and was so badly stuck that I didn't play again until two days ago (I hate using the skip button.) I managed to complete that puzzle and breezed through quite a few after that. I think everyone just has certain puzzles that they just get hopelessly stumped on.

daydream

Banned
So, they definitely lifted a few puzzle ideas from Pushmo and reused them. I've recognised several so far. Currently on Puzzle no. 90 and that one was definitely in the original (probably not completely identical, but the same basic concept).

Not that I mind, since I've long since forgotten any solutions, but still something to note.

BooJoh

So, they definitely lifted a few puzzle ideas from Pushmo and reused them. I've recognised several so far. Currently on Puzzle no. 90 and that one was definitely in the original (probably not completely identical, but the same basic concept).

Not that I mind, since I've long since forgotten any solutions, but still something to note.

Yeah, I've recognized a few of the tutorial levels so far.

octopiggy

Right, I'm stumped on No. 76
Orange
. I can get to the top with the green switch but then can't seem to get on to the green block. Will try again later after work.

daydream

Banned
Yeah, too tired to get anywhere with 90, so I'm taking a break. I remember the 3DS equivalent requiring methodical foresight which I can't muster right now.

BowieZ

Banned
Really dude? That shit is insane I don't even know where to start

Edit: which level is the baby?

I hate this puzzle.

Got around to the green near his head and just.. yeah!

scanned it using my gamepad
looks like a 4 star hard one

saved for later

Wow, that is really good!

Someone, please make a nice cpt. viridian puzzle and I'll be your friend forever

That looks awesome! I doubt I will be able to create anything that looks that good :/

That's fucking amazing.
Thanks! And sorry!

BooJoh

It would be nice if there were a way to follow certain puzzle creators so you could "subscribe" to their puzzles without having to use Miiverse follow + QR codes. Also a way to see puzzles created by people on your friends list. I'll be mentioning these things in my Club Nintendo feedback. I'll probably post about it on Miiverse too just to get the idea out there.

I had 8 Puzzles I created on 3DS Pushmo and I've transferred them all over and posted them up. 5 are available as of now.

O5nZ9Ss.jpg

rockx4

Just purchased this. I've never played the 3DS games, but is the Wii U game completely different in terms of new puzzles? I was thinking of getting the 3DS games along with it to play at work\school.

Robin64

Just purchased this. I've never played the 3DS games, but is the Wii U game completely different in terms of new puzzles? I was thinking of getting the 3DS games along with it to play at work\school.

It is all new puzzles (though some share similarities) and there are a couple of new mechanics, too. Having both games is wonderful if you find you like the core gameplay.

rockx4

It is all new puzzles (though some share similarities) and there are a couple of new mechanics, too. Having both games is wonderful if you find you like the core gameplay.

Good to hear. I'll give it a try tomorrow after work, I love puzzle games so I'll likely end up getting the 3DS games too.

Jintor

I'm still on fallblox but this is where the cool kids are at

one of the things I still find terrifying is when you load up a cool puzzle and you're like "I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHERE TO EVEN START PICKING AT THIS"

I just went off on a wrong tangent for almost a full hour on this bloody puzzle 88 on Fallblox. Eventually gave up and started poking around for some hint guides... had to do it, I got stuck in a pattern where I was convinced it would work, but of course, it did not.

pronk420

does the cool pixel art translate into cool puzzles? i sort of felt the nintendo designed levels were pretty good in that respect but opening it up to everyone it seems like there will just be lots of levels that are sprites but haven't really had any thought put into the puzzle side of it?

ZeroX03

Banned
Took a look around the World Pullblox Fair. Some amazing creations in there. Love that you can share it over Miiverse, QR codes are not the same as proper online sharing.

Baby puzzle gave me a little bit of trouble. But it's still child's play compared to what's coming I bet.

zroid

Banned
does the cool pixel art translate into cool puzzles? i sort of felt the nintendo designed levels were pretty good in that respect but opening it up to everyone it seems like there will just be lots of levels that are sprites but haven't really had any thought put into the puzzle side of it?

I'd say it varies. When solving the pixel art puzzles you've made, often you can tell if it's too easy or straightforward. So in that case you can try to throw a wrench or two in the path with some subtle changes. That's one way of wringing a bit extra challenge from those puzzles, anyway.

lionpants

This game is weirdly addicting, I kept saying "1 more" before bed last night. Glad I picked it up. I'm a little worried it'll get too complicated and become lots of trial and error though.

I bought it yesterday and played it a little bit. 30 puzzles or so. Really loving it, but that's no surprise since I also have the 3DS ones.

I miss the 3D, but the game looks really beautiful on my TV, so I won't complain.

Penguin

My problem with Pushmo is... always assuming that everything on screen is important and trying to work around that, when it just stems to complicate matters more often than not

Jintor

My problem with Pushmo is... always assuming that everything on screen is important and trying to work around that, when it just stems to complicate matters more often than not

Yeah, those single blocks are the worst for this. Damn things, can never tell if they're necessary or just part of the art

Roo

Just like I told Maxcriden yesterday, I'm not familiar with this IP (never bought a game) but it looks fun enough to give it a try.
We'll see if it was worth it :p
*downloading now*

Lernaean

Banned
Downloaded it today and i'm having a blast.
And yea, you were right about the baby, it took me almost an hour and about 20 resets to get it. I feel dumb now.

dLMN8R

I've played Pushmo/Crashmo on 3DS but never tried to make my own puzzles. How does it work?

Like...those of you who made puzzles, how do you actually design the puzzle aspect? Do you really need to carefully think through every single move the player needs to go through? Or does the game somehow auto-generate a path to help?

For some of the bigger puzzles shown here it seems insane that anyone could actually design the puzzle aspect of it!

Robin64

Don't avoid the Training Mode levels, even if you're a pro. You get 5 stamps from them in total.

Interestingly, they have less tutorial bollocks than the main games! I was doing manhole levels in the Training with nothing being said. Once I then hit them in the main game, BOOM, WAR AND FUCKING PEACE.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Don't avoid the Training Mode levels, even if you're a pro. You get 5 stamps from them in total.

Interestingly, they have less tutorial bollocks than the main games! I was doing manhole levels in the Training with nothing being said. Once I then hit them in the main game, BOOM, WAR AND FUCKING PEACE.

I actually wondered about the point of those, but then I saw you could actually get the little dude to show you how to do them.

Should be useful if you're very new to the series! I'm plunging through for stamps though

Robin64

I am missing something so obvious on 37. I skipped it last night, and now I've gone back to it and still can't figure it out.

Pfffft. Solved it. Bullshit game.

Top Bottom