• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

That was my 3rd :) Previously I had a Lv. 50 Siren the Enchanter (max skill) and a Lv. 40 Siren (Lv. 3 skill). I pulled a Lv. 30 Siren the Enchanter. So I just fed the 4* to the 5* and gave up the skill levels.

Ahh ok cool then. I've actually done that with my extras. I've gotten a lot of them.

ccbfan

How many dryads/alarunes do you guys recommend having?

I got a ton when I was doing my 50+ Expert Wind dragon mech runs.

I can't imagine too much since it pretty easily the worst healer character in the game. Terrible active skill and mediocre RCV for a healer. Even Angel at least have that high RCV and a much better heal skill.

I'm think of just keeping one and feeding the rest to that one.

Anyone know of some party where you need multi dryads/alarunes?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
UNF UNF UNF Light&Dark Resist Double Hades Double leaders with raios (and soon Xelios I assume) UNF UNF UNF

Congrats. And nope, I'll have mine Tuesday, need another Rainbow Keeper. Decided to get my dual element dark Minerva and Neptune today (so now I have light and dark versions of both). Underworld Hades will still be plain ol' black but level 80 and available if anyone wants to use him. =p

ToxicAdam

The only way I could imagine you would need more than one is if you planned on doing a Double Valk party and were short on filling the team with healers.

Congrats. And nope, I'll have mine Tuesday, need another Rainbow Keeper. Decided to get my dual element dark Minerva and Neptune today (so now I have light and dark versions of both). Underworld Hades will still be plain ol' black but level 80 and available if anyone wants to use him. =p

Personally I would suggest not doing the ultimate evo. Wait until 5.0 and do dark/dark

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Personally I would suggest not doing the ultimate evo. Wait until 5.0 and do dark/dark

Why would you do that, light/dark seems much better... Double light/dark resist AND more damage. (I have a second Hades so my second one will be dark/dark anyway)

ToxicAdam

Hades can get frozen in dark/light tech dungeons as a Dark/Light resist.

If you want to go Double Dark Resist in a dungeon, it frees you up to bring another helper with a different skill. Double Dark + a healer in a Legendary tech dungeons = easy mode.

Thanks for the help everyone. With it, I was able to get this:

837173901e8e3ce549102c5237c75749.png

xelios

Hades can get frozen in dark/light tech dungeons as a Dark/Light resist.

If you want to go Double Dark Resist in a dungeon, it frees you up to bring another helper with a different skill. Double Dark + a healer in a Legendary tech dungeons = easy mode.

Err, wait. Dark/dark gets you two dark resists on a single monster? Confused a bit.

Smiley90

Err, wait. Dark/dark gets you two dark resists on a single monster? Confused a bit.

Yeah no, the double dark resist on Hades is just 60%, so you stil need another resist leader. I'll choose 50/50 resist AND increased 2nd element damage (diff element 2nd element does more damage than same) over 60 resist any day.

How many dryads/alarunes do you guys recommend having?

I got a ton when I was doing my 50+ Expert Wind dragon mech runs.

I can't imagine too much since it pretty easily the worst healer character in the game. Terrible active skill and mediocre RCV for a healer. Even Angel at least have that high RCV and a much better heal skill.

Honestly, none. Unless you want one for completionist's sake. Even in an all-green team, I'd rather have Siren. I'm holding onto an Alraune, but I don't bother leveling it up or feeding it RCV bonuses. Same with Archangel. In fact, I'm only holding onto them in case they ever get another evolution in a later update. They're already in my Monster Book so I don't need them for collecting purposes anymore.

Why would you do that, light/dark seems much better... Double light/dark resist AND more damage. (I have a second Hades so my second one will be dark/dark anyway)
There's pros and cons for both sides. As ToxicAdam said, a Light/Dark combo resist monster can get element bound in either Light or Dark technical dungeons. But, otherwise, dual resists obviously offers more flexibility and more offensive power. I used to be a proponent of dual element resist monsters, but after extensive play I've come to realize that technical dungeons are the hardest dungeons in the game, so if you can have one version of a monster I'd rather have the one that would be most useful in technical dungeons. And that's the mono-colored resist monsters. Of course if you were in a Light/Dark combo dungeon, the dual color resist would be better, but those are the rare exception. Plus the mono/mono color resist monsters offer 60% resist instead of 50%, so dual leaders would reduce damage to 16% instead of 25%, which is huge in Legendary tech dungeons. A 48,000 damage special attack would be reduced to 7680 damage vs 12,000 damage. This is also why I love the underrated Venus. She offers the Light/Light resist to complement Hades' Dark/Dark resist.

Of course, ideally I want both. But my current stance is I'd rather have the mono-color if I could only have one. Stupid me fused an extra Ceres and Venus, not realizing they had 2 different ultimate evolutions. Gonna be trying to get them again on the 28th.

Yeah no, the double dark resist on Hades is just 60%, so you stil need another resist leader. I'll choose 50/50 resist AND increased 2nd element damage (diff element 2nd element does more damage than same) over 60 resist any day.

Dark/Dark hades is the only monster in the game that gives you 60% dark resist from a single leader. You can get light/dark from other monsters. Sometimes 60% will be enough but 50% will not, in that case you now freed up a leader slot. Even in other cases where you need more though, two 60% resists is better than two 50% resists (84% damage reduction vs 75% damage reduction). Who knows what kind of stuff theyr'e going to throw at us down the line when it comes to new dungeons?

Dual 50% resists beat a single 60% resist, but a single 60% resist only occupies one leader slot.

Ultimately what it boils down to though is that 60% on a single leader is not available from any other monster.

Smiley90

Wait? Did I miss something? You don't need to Max lvl for the final evolution? Please tell me I haven't missed this the entire time.

Ultimate evo's don't need max level, and also don't reset, no. They're done via power-up window, too.

ccbfan

The only stuff worth mentioning ...

Firedragon Tyrannos 26
Volcano Dragon 46
Plesios 28
Wind Mechdragon Canopus 4
Marine Rider 20
Gravitron Earth Dragon 28
Susano 6
Toyceratops 23
Dragon Knight 1
Indra 30
Lightning Holy Dragon 1
Chaos Devil Dragon 24
Tiamat 1
Amaterasu Ohkami 40

I have a few Keepers too, and some other very low level things.

Your main problem is RCV.

You just don't have enough.

Amu is a great Leader Healer but as a Sub, she's terrible until she's like 70+. Most of your other characters also have low 100s in RCV.

Do you not have any healers you can get up to the third level?

If not then your best chance is probably.

Chaos Devil
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Amu

Hades or Dark Neptune look for whichever one has the highest RCV. In the long run they both do about the same damage.

The cost of this is something like 115 though.

Another way to can get past the RCV issue and the team cost issue is get a rainbow double orb spirit thing and replace a rainbow keeper with it. It has great stats 1000 hp, 800 atk, 300 RCV and only cost 1 point.

J0dy77

Make sure the Begin Fusion button looks different and starts kinda flashing before you press it. Otherwise yea.

Yup, was nervous before I did it but saw the Begin fusion flashing differently. Man I'm having a heck of a week. Have to post an update later just to share.

To anyone with a Vampire Lord, I recommend running Friday Dungeon normal all day and collecting Amelits. Then when there's 1-2 hours left, run Dungeon of Dark final level nonstop (it's 1/2 stamina right now) and level up the baddies you get, evolve them with your amelit collection, and feed them to vampire lord for skillups.

Perfect time to do it right now, next week the Friday dungeon wills till be 2x for amelits, but the skillup bonus will be gone

MicH

To anyone with a Vampire Lord, I recommend running Friday Dungeon normal all day and collecting Amelits. Then when there's 1-2 hours left, run Dungeon of Dark final level nonstop (it's 1/2 stamina right now) and level up the baddies you get, evolve them with your amelit collection, and feed them to vampire lord for skillups.

Perfect time to do it right now, next week the Friday dungeon wills till be 2x for amelits, but the skillup bonus will be gone
So many monsters I need to skill up

Smiley90

I'm still on 0/6 mythlits for the day and need at least 5 for evos. Fuck this 2x event.

OTIX

Well, I've been farming the ADK dungeon with most of my stamina every day and so far I'm 1/18 on skill ups. Doesn't feel great.

Well, I've been farming the ADK dungeon with most of my stamina every day and so far I'm 1/18 on skill ups. Doesn't feel great.

I managed to max 1 ADK and got my second one to one level away from max. Think I'm done with him. I'll skill him up the rest of the way with random MSKs I get from the rare egg machine or dungeons like Hera/

Yup. Already maxed out my first Vamp Lord. When I'm farming and get below 10 stamina, I've been farming the low tier dungeons for small sprites and slimes for skill-ups. It's also how I max skilled my Gigas using evolved Baddies. And Blue ones can be used for Sirens and Shardras, too. The last ones I need are the yellow slimes to max out my Angelion.

Weird. The Monster Box goes up to 397, which according to the wiki is Dark/Dark Hades. But when I try to fuse it with the necessary evolution materials, if doesn't give that flashgin green/yellow "Begin Fusion!" button. Switching the Dark Dublits to Light ones does, though.

xelios

Weird. The Monster Box goes up to 397, which according to the wiki is Dark/Dark Hades. But when I try to fuse it with the necessary evolution materials, if doesn't give that flashgin green/yellow "Begin Fusion!" button. Switching the Dark Dublits to Light ones does, though.

Guessing by this it's not in the current build.

I just had a run of dragon guardian expert where a mystic stone knight showed up every single floor. None dropped. I only ended up with 1 monster out of the whole dungeon.

Well played gungho...

razterik

What's a good strategy for Dragon Guardian on expert?

You could probably blitz it with all dark or valkyrie healer squads. The bosses (3 dragon knights) only have 130k HP each and hit for 4300 each. Valkyrie with two echidna, two sirens (or one and lilith), and a valkyrie friend should stomp pretty hard. Might need to pop echidna skills on masks and bosses. Your dark team looks pretty strong, too, with maybe a vamp or loki friend. Just get as much HP as you can manage to tank some hits.

If you really want to go safe, put your Siren as your leader and grab an earth ripper friend. Super easy, just takes a little longer. More HP and ATK you can mash in there, the better. Ripper/mech dragons preferred to speed up rounds and mow down the bosses.

Kosh

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/23/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 Sapphire (Ruby)16:00 Emerald (Sapphire) 21:00 Ruby (Emerald)
B: 12:00 Emerald (Sapphire) 17:00 Ruby (Emerald)22:00 Sapphire (Ruby)
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

harrytang

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/23/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

B: 12:00 Emerald (Sapphire) 17:00 Ruby (Emerald)22:00 Sapphire (Ruby)

i never get ruby. wish they would mix this up a bit. using adk and i realize i have no red dragons higher than 3*. whoops.

ParityBit

I can never gauge how to use my stamina well with the jewel dungeons. I want to make sure I have full health each time so I can run it 3 times, but sometimes it does not work out well, or I just miss a run or something.

3 types on the same day is too stressful!

Don't know how useful it'll be since it seems a lot of Gaffers have them, but I finally evolved my devil dragon into a CDD and put it as my leader for the rust dungeon. Which btw, I've run like 15 times on expert and still haven't gotten the damn mech dragon to drop. -_-

Fml

Don't know how useful it'll be since it seems a lot of Gaffers have them, but I finally evolved my devil dragon into a CDD and put it as my leader for the rust dungeon. Which btw, I've run like 15 times on expert and still haven't gotten the damn mech dragon to drop. -_-

Fml

what are your other high level monsters, what healer do you have, and how much team cost do you currently have.

All you really need to run Dark Mechdragon master are 50% damage reducers (like your CDD) in both your leader position and your helper leader position. So depending on what else you have you may be able to run that dungeon.

The drop rate is much, MUCH better on the master level, not 100% but it will drop more often than not.

what are your other high level monsters, what healer do you have, and how much team cost do you currently have.

All you really need to run Dark Mechdragon master are 50% damage reducers (like your CDD) in both your leader position and your helper leader position. So depending on what else you have you may be able to run that dungeon.

The drop rate is much, MUCH better on the master level, not 100% but it will drop more often than not.

OMQJnW3.png

This is what I have. Nothing too outrageous. Really just getting to the meat of the game I think. As you can see I do have a StE and a CDD. I dunno. Any thoughts on if I could do master?

Edit: and my total team cost is 66.

BlueSteel

You could probably blitz it with all dark or valkyrie healer squads. The bosses (3 dragon knights) only have 130k HP each and hit for 4300 each. Valkyrie with two echidna, two sirens (or one and lilith), and a valkyrie friend should stomp pretty hard. Might need to pop echidna skills on masks and bosses. Your dark team looks pretty strong, too, with maybe a vamp or loki friend. Just get as much HP as you can manage to tank some hits.

If you really want to go safe, put your Siren as your leader and grab an earth ripper friend. Super easy, just takes a little longer. More HP and ATK you can mash in there, the better. Ripper/mech dragons preferred to speed up rounds and mow down the bosses.

Thanks for the advice. I went with the healer strategy and beat it. Had to pop a stone for the final boss because their turns lined up, but I got a stone in return so I figured it was a wash.

Also, I realized I really need/want the fire and grass ripper dragons. Guess I'll farm them in the near future.

KuroNeeko

You may recall that a few days I was considering rerolling my JP account because I hadn't gotten shit out of the rare gacha. About that...

rxQZRs7l.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaamn! Bahamut dropped on NORMAL?? Whaaaaaaaaat?

I've been in there about three times and had nothing drop. :/

Pulled a Thief and Black Mage out of the gacha though;D

Now you just need to get some rainbow crystals and maybe a Marlboro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom