• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKillr

Well, yes and no :(

First, the Polygon article is shit, because it claims "most downloaded" when the report says "top grossing".

Second, it's a worldwide ranking, so yes, PAD is the #1 top grossing game on Android worldwide, but a HUGE portion of their income comes from Asia.

So while we are slowly getting there, it's still a worldwide thing. Saying "nice work" doesn't really apply as I'm wondering how much NA contributed to this :)

First, the Polygon article is shit, because it claims "most downloaded" when the report says "top grossing".

Second, it's a worldwide ranking, so yes, PAD is the #1 top grossing game on Android worldwide, but a HUGE portion of their income comes from Asia.

So while we are slowly getting there, it's still a worldwide thing. Saying "nice work" doesn't really apply as I'm wondering how much NA contributed to this :)
Well considering we still (probably) haven't hit 200k downloads...

Thanks Captain Buzzkill :D. Makes sense though....

In what is possibly the worst case of first world problems ever, the Final Fantasy collab dungeons just went live in Japan, the Naga dungeon is about halfway through its cycle, the CDK dungeon is coming up soon, I need four goddamn mystic masks to evolve both my Valkyries, and the motherlode of godfests is happening next week. I... I don't think I can handle all this shit happening at once D:

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Which gods are considered the greek gods? Last time Odins were considered Asian gods, so not sure who is classified as what.

J0dy77

Does the Shiva tactic work with the Expert Sprite Dungeon? I can make it through with an ADK leader friend and burning but I come real close at times. Would rather make it simple

Edit: Kosh answered my question above.

What's the best way of getting the Mystic Mask? I'm only at Tower of Flare, seems like a loooong way till I can reach the Ocean of Heaven, I want to evolve my Valkyrie.
(And, I don't think I can do the Room of Mask - Expert level either)

Also, can someone give a general guide on what to do with the monster drops?
I have a lot of stuff like lil blue dragon, Taur Devil, masks, dragon flower, etc
What do I do with them? They don't seem of offer much exp when fed, do I just sell them all?

Which gods are considered the greek gods? Last time Odins were considered Asian gods, so not sure who is classified as what.

Odins are not normally in the rare machine, so they are added everytime there is a godfest, regardless of what "gods" are being increased.

Are any of these editor's choice mobs worth pulling? Doesn't seem like anything really worthwhile.

The Neptune and Hades are good, but if you want either of them wait until 2/28

I have a lot of stuff like lil blue dragon, Taur Devil, masks, dragon flower, etc
What do I do with them? They don't seem of offer much exp when fed, do I just sell them all?

Mystic Masks are only in the expert mask dungeon on Wednesdays at your stage in the game. Lil Blue dragon is a "ripper" dragon and is a great thing to start leveling/evolving. Masks, dragon fruit/flower/plant/seed are all evo material used only in evolving.

The devils are a bit unique, in that they are not that useful, but you get so many. I am working to fully skill up 1 light devil. They are supposed to be useful in getting Hera

Roman gods (I'm using Roman to differentiate from the Greek gods in 5.0) are Minerva, Ceres, Neptune, Hades, and Venus.

The Odins despite being Norse gods in real life aren't classified into any category, and always (afaik) appear during any Godfest no matter the theme.

J0dy77

What's the best way of getting the Mystic Mask? I'm only at Tower of Flare, seems like a loooong way till I can reach the Ocean of Heaven, I want to evolve my Valkyrie.

The best way to get Mystic Masks is the Room of Mask Expert. I'm up to Kronos Forest and still haven't seen a Mystic in the wild. If you use the Shiva tactic it is really, really easy to get through Room of Mask Expert. Add some friends from the GAF list with Shiva Leader and use an auto healer leader if you have it, very easy for almost anyone.

Keep at least one of each Lil dragon, they're the centerpieces of all early teams. Paired with some strong ADK leader friends you can get really far with just rippers and a healer.

Look at all of the Wikis to see the rare drops that can come from the normal dungeons and go after those while working up to the special dungeon events.

Another long post :). I need help figuring out what to level. I have the following:

Flare Drall 28
Shiva 13
Meteor Volcan Dragon 46
Echidna the Red Empress 1
Kagusutchi 6
Flamedragon Tyrannos 13
Gigas 1
Phoenix Knight 12
Flame Guardian 30

Sea Deity Abyss Neptune 38
Megalodran 1
Crystal Aurora Dragon 14
Siren the Enchanter 1
Viper Orochi 9
Undine 12
Berserk 12

Odin 13
Fortoytops 8
Parvati 8
ADK 37
Graviton Earth Dragon 25
Highlander 32
Mandrake 58

Genie the Light Elemental 31
Great Valk 12
Lightning Holy Dragon 28
Archangel 30
Fairlion 30
Pterados 15

Loki 8
Lilith the Witch of the Night 23
Moondragon D'Spinas 20
Pierdrawn 22
Vampire Lord 8
Dark Dragon Knight 40
Devil Dragon 4

red xp: 2 king/3 high/6 evolved pendgras
blue xp: 1 king/2 high/14 evolved pendgras
green xp: 4 evolved pendgras
light xp: 2 regular dragons
dark xp: 1 regular dragon

I will be hitting the metal dungeon as much as I can, time permitting, but my luck has been running towards regulars lately. I do have some regulars in red/blue/green that I can use to evolve pendgras (I think I still have 30+ plants from yesterday). My usual team lately has been ADK plus 4 rippers.

Any suggestions? Anything I should not level up? Any good team suggestions from the bunch?

Any suggestions? Anything I should not level up? Any good team suggestions from the bunch?

Keep the SHIVA at a low level, so you can use it with a Resolve team.

as far as leveling things up? Go for that Dark Dragon. A chaos Devil Dragon, Chaos dragon Knight and a Dark Mechdragon would make for a powerful ADK team. With Sea Diety abyss Neptune you have 50% resist, so the Dark Mechdragon Master level should be a piece of cake.

I did a few pulls on impulse, but I agree with what others already said. If you're more discretionary with your stones, just wait until 2/28, when the Asian/Greek god fest stacks with the current one. Also, though Neptune and Hades are the best Greek gods, I think all of them are worth having due to their ultimate evolutions which have dual resists and good stats. Everyone loves Light/Dark Hades and Venus has the same Light/Dark resist, just with he strong element being light instead of Dark, and her active skill being the same as Yomi's, which is also very powerful.

Keep the SHIVA at a low level, so you can use it with a Resolve team.

as far as leveling things up? Go for that Dark Dragon. A chaos Devil Dragon, Chaos dragon Knight and a Dark Mechdragon would make for a powerful ADK team. With Sea Diety abyss Neptune you have 50% resist, so the Dark Mechdragon Master level should be a piece of cake.
Why would you put Shiva in a resolve team? His active is mostly only used to poop on the Tuesday/Friday dungeons, which you need to charge up your skills on Wave 1 anyways. If you encounter a wave with multiple monsters on the same clock Resolve does nothing for you.

Why would you put Shiva in a resolve team? His active is mostly only used to poop on the Tuesday/Friday dungeons, which you need to charge up your skills on Wave 1 anyways. If you encounter a wave with multiple monsters on the same clock Resolve does nothing for you.

shiva's skill can be quite useful for those high defense, high atk OHKO monsters. Resolve to deal with the OHKO and Shiva to remove the defense. Hera's dungeon comes to mind (specifically Neptune and Hades). It would make the earlier battles more difficult, forcing you to use Devils and Chimeras for low HP and high atk/skills

It is only viable at low levels though, so if you want to use him in other ways,

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
King Metal Dragons have definitely gotten an increased spawn rate. Of course it could all be in my head.

I was wondering the same thing. And, if you end up building a fire team, dual shiva destroyers is buff.

blackflag

King Metal Dragons have definitely gotten an increased spawn rate. Of course it could all be in my head.

Seems to me like all of them had. I saw at least 1 king dragon in every colored dungeon I went in yesterday and during Ruby i got them on 4/5 floors. Of course I still only got 1 that run.

Evilshadow

Neo Member

For mistic mask you dont need to be on a high rank or have great monsters. Just use a resolve team and the strategy for the orbs positioning before getting into the next round.

I usually use a healer as the leader with rondo of healing skill, 4 low HP monsters like for example masks, and a ogre, titan or viper orochi as helper or leader if has no healer as leader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmIb2s8xkg&feature=youtu.be

Seems to me like all of them had. I saw at least 1 king dragon in every colored dungeon I went in yesterday and during Ruby i got them on 4/5 floors. Of course I still only got 1 that run.

No increase in my opinion, ive been recording my encounters for the past 60 or so runs

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'll try to have my Hades up as much as I can..

One yellow dublit away from his ultimate evo, went 0/3 :x

With Sea Diety abyss Neptune you have 50% resist, so the Dark Mechdragon Master level should be a piece of cake.

So would a good team to go after the dark mech master be:

Sea Deity Abyss Neptune (resists & poison)
ripper
ripper
ripper (for damage)
healer
FRIEND: ADK

Or would it be better to go with a friend's healer? What would be the 4th member of my team then?

ripper
ripper
ripper (for damage)
healer

Or would it be better to go with a friend's healer? What would be the 4th member of my team then?

you want the friend leader to be either another Sea Deity Abyss Neptune, any Hades, or a Chaos Devil dragon so that you have 2x 50% reduction (or 75% reduction). You need to have a healer (preferably a Siren healer, but anything with high RCV will do) as matching will be your only source of healing. The good news is most random mobs (except for the Ogres, and minibosses on levels 5 and 9) will do nothing damage. Demons/devils will Lock your light monsters, so use them with care.

So this is what I think you should run:

LEADER: Sea Deity Abyss Neptune (resists & poison)
ADK - High HP, ATK, and 200+ RCV typically
ripper - Blue (for matching attacks with Siren and not competing for Fire orbs)
ripper (for damage) Holy Lightening Dragon
healer - Preferably a Siren, but really anything except for your Archangel (see Demon/Devil warning)
FRIEND: Sea Deity Abyss Neptune, Any Hades or Chaos Devil Dragon

ToxicAdam

you want the friend leader to be either another Sea Deity Abyss Neptune, or a Chaos Devil dragon so that you have 2x 50% reduction (or 75% reduction). .

A regular Hades would be a better choice as a helper, with his 30% HP reducer.

If you have a Rainbow Keeper, bring him along too.

My choice:

Neptune

Holy Ripper
Siren
Enchinada
Rainbow Keeper

Hades

You might already know this, but I love this guy as a leader when I am farming dragons. He just mows them down after each match.
Yup. I still need to level mine, but I have a couple high level ones as friends and when I used one(because I already exhausted the usual friends) during a Dragon Plant run, I was like,"Holy shit!" Just match and sweep. Works even better in the Shrine of Sprites dungeon, because even at low level, it sweeps those little Sprites.

TimeKillr

Aah, the feel of feeding 5 King Metal to your newly evolved Chaos Devil Dragon and getting a GREAT pop up....1 to 45 in one pop!

Now to level up my ADK + my CDK... :)

ParityBit

LEADER: Sea Deity Abyss Neptune (resists & poison)
ADK - High HP, ATK, and 200+ RCV typically
ripper - Blue (for matching attacks with Siren and not competing for Fire orbs)
ripper (for damage) Holy Lightening Dragon
healer - Preferably a Siren, but really anything except for your Archangel (see Demon/Devil warning)
FRIEND: Sea Deity Abyss Neptune, Any Hades or Chaos Devil Dragon

Wow, so I dont have a chance! I only have Ammy Ohk and some rippers. And no blue ripper yet (Need the lil') I guess I will have to pray for something in the normal-expert level

Wow, so I dont have a chance! I only have Ammy Ohk and some rippers. And no blue ripper yet (Need the lil') I guess I will have to pray for something in the normal-expert level

That recommendation was tailored for what he had already posted. Post your box, It is quite possible that you could field a team. The only thing you really need is your own 50% off damage reducer for dark.

I did it with

LEADER: Chaos Devil Dragon
ADK
SIREN
Light Ripper
Green Mechdragon (or rainbow keeper) - this was mainly for HP, and decent ATK that matches another orb I need.
Helper Leader: Hades, Sea Deity Abyss Neptune, or another Chaos Devil Dragon

ParityBit

The only stuff worth mentioning ...

Firedragon Tyrannos 26
Volcano Dragon 46
Plesios 28
Wind Mechdragon Canopus 4
Marine Rider 20
Gravitron Earth Dragon 28
Susano 6
Toyceratops 23
Dragon Knight 1
Indra 30
Lightning Holy Dragon 1
Chaos Devil Dragon 24
Tiamat 1
Amaterasu Ohkami 40

I have a few Keepers too, and some other very low level things.

Pulled a Siren the Enchanter from the machine earlier, but I already had a Skill Lv 3 Siren. Should I feed the 5* to the 4* hoping to go to Skill Lvl 4? Or should I fee the 4* to the 5* and lose all the skill levels, but save myself the trouble of having to level her?

I chose the latter, and didn't get a skillup :( Oh well, at least I saved myself about 600k of exp that I don't have to feed now.

ccbfan

LOL this game is such a troll. I did master dark mech dragon to get a magic stone since I completed legend a few night ago.

Got the dark mech dragon on the 1 try.

I have never gotten a mech dragon under 4 tries of master and the one that I get on one try is the one where I already have a dark mech dragon.

ripper
ripper
ripper (for damage)
healer

You need double resist (75%). The boss does almost has a 25K+ attack and a 35K+ attack. So with only 50 percent that's 12.5K+ and 17.5K plus damage from one hit.

I just did a run with

Chaos Devil
Siren
Enchilada
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper

Friend Hades

Slow but super safe.

I'm sitting here with a shitton of plants and no dragons. I agree with this game trolling.

I load up a fire team start with 2 fire orbs and a ton of water. Load of up a water team and have a ton of fire orbs...

J0dy77

Pulled a Siren the Enchanter from the machine earlier, but I already had a Skill Lv 3 Siren. Should I feed the 5* to the 4* hoping to go to Skill Lvl 4? Or should I fee the 4* to the 5* and lose all the skill levels, but save myself the trouble of having to level her?

I chose the latter, and didn't get a skillup :( Oh well, at least I saved myself about 600k of exp that I don't have to feed now.

I would have done the same. Can do a couple Sea Cave runs now with the 2x and get lucky verse a ton of EXP to level her. Plus the difference between a couple turns is nice but not the end of the world.

I would have done the same. Can do a couple Sea Cave runs now with the 2x and get lucky verse a ton of EXP to level her. Plus the difference between a couple turns is nice but not the end of the world.

I actually do Ocean of Heaven or Oceanus Falls now. Better skillup rate on the higher level marine goblins, plus you can get King Metal Dragons as random encounters in the dungeon and the exp/stamina ratio is better. But yea, same idea :)

If you're not there already, I highly encourage anyone to try to get to the higher level dungeons. I usually just rip through everything with 2x ADK and a bunch of dragons.

I'm actually at the point where I'm thinking of dropping about 40 stones on 40 ranks. I wasted so many stones yesterday refilling stamina for dragon plants and got practically 0 exp to show for it. If I had 20 or 30 more ranks, I would have been able to do 2 extra runs / bar of stamina, and would have saved myself a TON of stones in the long run. Running 3rd stage of Oceanus Falls and refilling stamina I can get 1 rank / magic stone.

The only stuff worth mentioning ...

Firedragon Tyrannos 26
Volcano Dragon 46
Plesios 28
Wind Mechdragon Canopus 4
Marine Rider 20
Gravitron Earth Dragon 28
Susano 6
Toyceratops 23
Dragon Knight 1
Indra 30
Lightning Holy Dragon 1
Chaos Devil Dragon 24
Tiamat 1
Amaterasu Ohkami 40

I have a few Keepers too, and some other very low level things.

My Recommendations (based on what you have shown, and assuming you have at least 1 rainbow keeper

Leader: Chaos Devil Dragon
Amma
Wind Mechdragon (primarily for HP and ATK) - could use Rainbow keeper instead
Gravitron Earth dragon
toyceratops (for Water to Heal Orbs you will probably need them) - or another rainbow Keeper (for HP)

Helper leader: Hades, then Neptune, then Chaos Devil Dragon (ordered for usefulness)

Your biggest risk will be if you need healing and your Amma is locked. I think it is doable, but you will probably have to go slow

J0dy77

I actually do Ocean of Heaven or Oceanus Falls now. Better skillup rate on the higher level marine goblins, plus you can get King Metal Dragons as random encounters in the dungeon and the exp/stamina ratio is better. But yea, same idea :)

If you're not there already, I highly encourage anyone to try to get to the higher level dungeons. I usually just rip through everything with 2x ADK and a bunch of dragons.

I'm actually at the point where I'm thinking of dropping about 40 stones on 40 ranks. I wasted so many stones yesterday refilling stamina for dragon plants and got practically 0 exp to show for it. If I had 20 or 30 more ranks, I would have been able to do 2 extra runs / bar of stamina, and would have saved myself a TON of stones in the long run. Running 3rd stage of Oceanus Falls and refilling stamina I can get 1 rank / magic stone.

Which tier do you do? I ran it last night and it took a while, keep in mind that I just recently finished Oceanus.

And the main reason I've stayed away, I've actually had better luck with the Sea Cave Goblins then the Oceanus. I still haven't gotten a skillup in Oceanus.

Which tier do you do? I ran it last night and it took a while, keep in mind that I just recently finished Oceanus.

And the main reason I've stayed away, I've actually had better luck with the Sea Cave Goblins then the Oceanus. I still haven't gotten a skillup in Oceanus.

I usually do the 3rd stage because it has the best exp/stamina ratio.

ParityBit

My Recommendations (based on what you have shown, and assuming you have at least 1 rainbow keeper

Leader: Chaos Devil Dragon
Amma
Wind Mechdragon (primarily for HP and ATK) - could use Rainbow keeper instead
Gravitron Earth dragon
toyceratops (for Water to Heal Orbs you will probably need them) - or another rainbow Keeper (for HP)

Helper leader: Hades, then Neptune, then Chaos Devil Dragon (ordered for usefulness)

Your biggest risk will be if you need healing and your Amma is locked. I think it is doable, but you will probably have to go slow

Damn, I don't have a Rainbow Keeper. Never got one to drop (aka I get trolled) You can tell from my team how much it trolls me!

You may recall that a few days I was considering rerolling my JP account because I hadn't gotten shit out of the rare gacha. About that...

rxQZRs7l.jpg

blackflag

Keep it. It's very useful to have 2 max skilled sirens.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
UNF UNF UNF Light&Dark Resist Double Hades Double leaders with raios (and soon Xelios I assume) UNF UNF UNF

ZugEW8f.jpg

ieS7Q3C.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom