• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I have literally been running the CD dungeon nonstop since it went up and have gotten a grand total of ONE rainbow crystal. You need two to evolve Bahamut and four to complete the gimmick Hera dungeon team.

ParityBit

Woohoo! got the Rust Mech dragon on my phone account on Normal-expert! About 20th try ... but still. (thanks Raiod!)

Still no lilith's though in all those runs. I wonder if I should keep running to try and get at least one.

xCobalt

Woohoo! got the Rust Mech dragon on my phone account on Normal-expert! About 20th try ... but still. (thanks Raiod!)

Still no lilith's though in all those runs. I wonder if I should keep running to try and get at least one.

You could probably wait until tomorrow when the drop rate doubles.

MicH

The Dragon Guardian dungeon SUCKS SO BAD. Just did 7 runs and nothing. Not evenn did a MSK show up before the boss. Urgh. Done with this

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Master weekend dungeon is crazy good experience and coins for the stamina, but I never noticed how easy it was before. ADK + ADK leaders, 2 of each color dragon--cake!! I remember having a difficult time with it a few weeks ago so I didn't mess with it, probably had the wrong setup.

So, I just made some pulls...

Obuovis.png

9sFCtyY.png

xO9WYCd.png

3qncwV7.png

And a Marine Rider, Griffin Rider, and 3 Succubus.

All in all, not a bad haul.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks! I also pulled a second StE.

I'm glad because I reeeeeaaally needed some good monsters to tackle the harder dungeons. Now to just raise my team level.

Like seriously, out of all those pulls, not a single bad pull, AND some FULLY evolved monsters? Echidna on 3rd evo, Lilith on 3rd Evo, Hades on Ultimate evo... damn.

Master weekend dungeon is crazy good experience and coins for the stamina, but I never noticed how easy it was before. ADK + ADK leaders, 2 of each color dragon--cake!! I remember having a difficult time with it a few weeks ago so I didn't mess with it, probably had the wrong setup.
Yeah it is, especially because of the 2x coin bonus, too. You can get up to 300K gold in a single run. For my party I only run Wood/Water since I use the Fire orbs to power ADK's skill, but both strategies are obviously working for both of us.

So, I just made some pulls...
Wow! Great pulls, and they already came at level 30, to boot!

2x drop on Dragon Guardian is active now.
Get your Stone Knights before they disappear!
I don't need anymore MSKs, but yeah, this is the BEST time for anyone who still needs them to farm the dungeon. 2x drop rate and 2x skill-up event. I wish we had a Dark Knight dungeon right now.

I swear I have the worst luck the past few days. Ran Stone knight dungeon 7-8 times today, only 1 dropped. I made a pull today, got another stone knight.

Put both into my ADK no skill up. I've put maybe 20-30 into him so far and only gotten two skill ups, both the first day of the 2x skill up event (and put in 5 stone knights each time).

Just really bad luck. Maybe my luck will change during god fest, but I doubt it

OTIX

I'm 1/22 on ADK skill ups so far. It wouldn't feel so bad if there was at least some kind of progress being made but the xp is terrible and there is nothing else of value in there. When I'm farming Oceanus Falls and Siren refuses to drop then I'm still getting great xp, I'm collecting Goblins and I'm getting some King Metal Dragons. Running the ADK dungeon and not getting any skill ups is just a complete waste of stamina.

xelios

My ADKs are at 6 turns and honestly I'm too lazy to go the rest of the way and not sure I care...

I've decided I don't want to buy more and more stones, either. Using my stamina for the weekend dungeon since I was broke as hell, then I plan on trying to get the Rust Mech during the 2x event.

managed to max out my vamp lord last night, so feeling pretty good about that. been farming oceanus falls nonstop since then, using stones for stamina. great for ranking up, skilling up siren, + eggs, getting king metals, etc. ended up with a full set of 5 king metal dragons from running it so much

J0dy77

My ADKs are at 6 turns and honestly I'm too lazy to go the rest of the way and not sure I care...

I've decided I don't want to buy more and more stones, either. Using my stamina for the weekend dungeon since I was broke as hell, then I plan on trying to get the Rust Mech during the 2x event.

When is the 2x Mech? I really need lilith.

Lumiere

Neo Member
Finally got a second MSK to drop - have a beginner's question here, is it worth working on raising a second ADK at this point in the game for me (rank 50-ish)? My first MSK is still only a Dragon Knight and I haven't even tried for a Mystic Mask yet, but I'm wondering if I should keep him aside for raising after I'm done with the first one.

BlueSteel

Welp, got 3rd MSK, decided to feed it to my dragon knight.... nope, oh well. Looks like I'll have to find a time to max his skill later.

Yea, did a final run and tried again. No skill ups. wah wah.

BlueSteel

Just out of curiosity, I looked up how much money I've spent on this game within the past month.

190.71. Jeebus, I don't think I've ever spent that much on a game, especially within a single month. And half the time the rolls were absolute crap too. Definitely going to stop and just play for free for a long while.

xelios

Just out of curiosity, I looked up how much money I've spent on this game within the past month.

190.71. Jeebus, I don't think I've ever spent that much on a game, especially within a single month. And half the time the rolls were absolute crap too. Definitely going to stop and just play for free for a long while.

Yeah, get out while you can. I'm too embarrassed to say what I've spent, but I'll say I wish I stopped at the amount you have.

I had an epiphany recently after co-opping 60 hours with my boyfriend on a single game, which costs less than 30 stones, and having just as much/more fun as P&D (I'm fully aware they're not mutually exclusive, so read on). It's that I own over 1500 Steam games, hundreds of apps and other games for handhelds/consoles I could be playing at no additional cost just like that one. Well you can play P&D on the side you say. I'm a special case due to the nature of my personality: there is no room for an IAP addiction within an existing game purchasing addiction. I'm weening myself off of this game at the moment for those reasons.

I will miss the community here though, and wish you all the best of luck as I slowly fade away within the next week. I'll likely remove everyone from my friend list after the 2x mech event to help smooth things out.

I know some people will say, "You've already invested so much, why not just play more casually/free now?" I've thought that over and--while anyone with a non-addictive personality and good self-control/self-restraint when it comes to setting and keeping spending limits should do just that if they're having fun--I've become more aware than ever I am not one of those people and this game targets people like me specifically.

You felt good for almost two months GungHo but now I'm breaking up with you. Thanks for the fun!

"Thanks for the money!"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, get out while you can. I'm too embarrassed to say what I've spent, but I'll say I wish I stopped at the amount you have.

I had an epiphany recently after co-opping 60 hours with my boyfriend on a single game, which costs less than 30 stones, and having just as much/more fun as P&D (I'm fully aware they're not mutually exclusive, so read on). It's that I own over 1500 Steam games, hundreds of apps and other games for handhelds/consoles I could be playing at no additional cost just like that one. Well you can play P&D on the side you say. I'm a special case due to the nature of my personality: there is no room for an IAP addiction within an existing game purchasing addiction. I'm weening myself off of this game at the moment for those reasons.

I will miss the community here though, and wish you all the best of luck as I slowly fade away within the next week. I'll likely remove everyone from my friend list after the 2x mech event to help smooth things out.

I know some people will say, "You've already invested so much, why not just play more casually/free now?" I've thought that over and--while anyone with a non-addictive personality and good self-control/self-restraint when it comes to setting and keeping spending limits should do just that if they're having fun--I've become more aware than ever I am not one of those people and this game targets people like me specifically.

You felt good for almost two months GungHo but now I'm breaking up with you. Thanks for the fun!

"Thanks for the money!"

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

"Thanks for the money!"

Sorry to hear it, hard to say i dont understand though.

I too had an epiphany the other day. Saw a guy with a +297 Awoken Zeus, max level, who had spent quite a bit less than i have and was rank 245 or something. Turns out he only spends stones farming pengdras / + eggs. Stones spent refilling stamina apparently go a hell of a lot farther than stones spent on the rare egg machine. Since then, its become much easier not to pull the machine. And even if you spend stones like mad refilling stamina, you're inherently limited by how fast you can burn down a bar of stamina.

This alone has reduced the amount ive been spending on stones by a fairly significant margin. Its hard to even imagine going through 85 stones a month at this rate.

Luckily im comfortable financially, and dont have to worry about this hobby putting me in financial trouble, but im sure there are people for whom thats not the case.

In any case, I would suggest, at the very least, not to delete the app.

J0dy77

"Thanks for the money!"

Very sad to see you go Xelios. One of the main reasons I play PAD is because of the friendly inner community we have here on GAF and you're a very big part of that. Make sure you stop in to say hi from time to time. Best of luck to you.

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/24/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Gaspode_T

Haha I have literally been running the CD dungeon nonstop since it went up and have gotten a grand total of ONE rainbow crystal. You need two to evolve Bahamut and four to complete the gimmick Hera dungeon team.

I have gotten 2 rainbow crystals and I don't need them because I don't have Bahamut :p I actually needed 2 red crystals to evolve the standing dinosaur looking guy.

I have gotten all the normal mobs from the Crystal Defenders dungeon and I pulled a rare gacha to get the purple "Fencer". So now I am running tight on box space again, 110 slots and almost 100 are full of either monsters or materials I don't want to sell :(

However, I have fun with this game with the evolving/collecting aspect so it is mainly a matter that I am annoyed I have to fuse more often than I would like...

Sorry to hear it, hard to say i dont understand though.

I too had an epiphany the other day. Saw a guy with a +297 Awoken Zeus, max level, who had spent quite a bit less than i have and was rank 245 or something. Turns out he only spends stones farming pengdras / + eggs. Stones spent refilling stamina apparently go a hell of a lot farther than stones spent on the rare egg machine. Since then, its become much easier not to pull the machine. And even if you spend stones like mad refilling stamina, you're inherently limited by how fast you can burn down a bar of stamina.

This alone has reduced the amount ive been spending on stones by a fairly significant margin. Its hard to even imagine going through 85 stones a month at this rate.

Luckily im comfortable financially, and dont have to worry about this hobby putting me in financial trouble, but im sure there are people for whom thats not the case.

In any case, I would suggest, at the very least, not to delete the app.

Yeah I think this is where I stand too. I just spent $60 getting 85 stones, and got super lucky with my pulls (see post upthread). But that's hardly the first time I've spent money on the game, and from now on I'm going to seriously try to restrain myself on spending a dollar here/dollar there. I'm also not going to worry so much about spending stones on the rare egg machine. I'm just going to try to work with what I have.

Xelios, if you do delete the app/quit the game, then all I can say is thank you for all the help your monsters have been! A lot of dungeons I wouldn't have been able to do the first few times without you. Best of luck!

ToxicAdam

"Thanks for the money!"

Maybe you can sell your account. It would stop you from ever getting back in (the temptation is going to be strong when 5.0 gets released) and you will a least get some money in your pocket. I would think there are other whales like yourself that would view your account as a way to save a lot of money.

I have a feeling being in a PAD community is actually detrimental to your own puzzlemons longevity, hahaha. Last time I tried pulling on US PAD was when a bunch of people were going, "Wow! Check out this G.Valk I just pulled!" "Yeah, me too! What a coincidence!" and I tried rolling a few times hoping I'd get lucky too, just like them. Nope.

Even worse is when you get motivated to fork out a bit of cash to duplicate that luck. You can attempt to justify it by saying that people on PG have spent waaaaay more on the game. You can think you can't possibly quite be as bad as them, but you're just at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

ParityBit

You (and your pets) will be missed! If you come back, let us know :)

I must say, I am glad I have not/will not spend a penny on this game. I debated it, but ultimately decided not to. No I can not do all the cool dungeons, and I have to hope a 2% drop will drop something .... but my team is my team. It's pretty average, but I still have fun. Maybe I will get lucky here or there, but I know I spent nothing and that in itself is satisfying when I look at my team!

I just live vicariously through those of you who have 85 stones to pull rares from a random machine :)

MicH

I have also decided not to spend more on this game (the block on my account helps :p) and I found it was just as nice to see what you guys get as it is to pull myself.

You can get plenty of awesome monsters without spending money - or even pulling - through the special dungeons.

Very sad to see you go , Xelios, but Ido understand your decision.

ParityBit

OK, I think I have had about 100 PAL drops and did not get a single lil' blue.

Where would be the best place to hunt one for a drop?

SirKhalid

Anyone could tell me what element are the boss for Castle of Satan in the Abyss for floor 3,4 and 5? Which one is fire and which one is dark?

Thanks.

It's a sad day seeing you leave, Xelios. I have the same personality as you. The only way I've been able to restrain myself is through intense self discipline (and playing on 3 alternate devices).

Still, I've spent around $100, and I intend to keep it that way going forward. The last straw for me was the 2x adk dungeon not dropping a single MSK for me in 16 runs yesterday.

Thanks for your help with your pets. If this is truly your last time with P&D do what others have suggested and look into selling your account.

Cool... Got the Dark mech to drop on my third try of Master. Now to get that succubus....

Fuck. I have succubus out the ass, (like 7 of them, along with 2nd and 3rd stage evos) but I can't get that fucking mech to drop to save my life. Granted, I'm playing the dungeon on expert, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom