• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

I had a heck of a week, thought I'd share with everyone. Caught two of my long term goals in Lilith and Echidna (will never run Witch's Ball again). Did a bunch of evolves, and cleared a bunch of content. Here's the pics.

New Monsters:

rkRWF5el.jpg
1mWn0jol.jpg

RnHd6e3l.jpg

Evolves:

37aAWqAl.jpg
hlTCCRPl.jpg

ZxQTK7Ml.jpg
nyEES1el.jpg

kjaewicl.jpg

I've also thrown a bunch of levels at other mobs. Very close to finishing my second Siren.

SirKhalid

Wow, I got my first skydragon on my first try on master. It's also my first master that is not rainbow keeper.

My team was Volcano Dragon, Lakshmi, Undine, Crystal Aurora Dragon, Lilith and Siren the Enchanter.

I was saying to myself, next time I should not bring Lilith. Hardest part was getting to the boss with those demons.

harrytang

He hits for around 2160 per turn with 50% DR.

theres no RCV orbs so you'll want either
- a healer who can heal that much
- a healer who can heal around that much + echidna
- a healer who can heal around that much + siren

or something like that

hmm. my volcano dragon not 5* yet for resist and I'm worried multi hit will crush odin + healer. i just get nervous when i see the word master in the title. i managed to take out the mechs on the base tech level with dual resist so maybe this would be easier than im making it out to be in my head. no genocide missiles to worry about at least

edit - confirmed odin + healer team a terrible idea. once your unable to fully heal its game over. slow death after that with no chance for relief. 50 stam gone.

oh great so now there are two Dragon dungeons I can curse at for not dropping. Ran Adept and Expert, seems simple enough now. Will be evolving my Blue Ripper tomorrow so that'll help.

I have all Keepers except Green and Blue. Currently need a Green and Blue to evolve. Bad planning on that one.

Apparently a console version of Puzzle and Dragons is planned for release during the year: http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6946212.html
Also, I started playing P&D when it launched and then quit. I deleted all my data then, but now I wanna start over, any tips on what should I do at the beginning?

Now is a good time to start if you want to grab a healer from the start. If you wait until the 28th there's a GodFest it seems like.

Any reason to have 2 starter dragons of the same color? I just got the fire one to drop and I already have a max evolve fire starter + red Ripper.

J0dy77

Apparently a console version of Puzzle and Dragons is planned for release during the year: http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/6946212.html
Also, I started playing P&D when it launched and then quit. I deleted all my data then, but now I wanna start over, any tips on what should I do at the beginning?

Might want to wait until the 28th when the good God event rolls around. Keep rerolling your account until you pull a coveted monster (Odin, Shiva, Viper Orochi, etc.).

ToxicAdam

I was half asleep doing the skydragon expert dungeon this morning and somehow came out with the dragon and Tyran with a +1 on my first try. lol

Anyone else have that experience where you are literally sleeping while playing? I will wake up and somehow three turns have passed and theres only 1 enemy left.

ccbfan

Whats the drop rate on master for the sky dragon?

Is it the same as the mech dragons or is it higher since its 50 cost and the highest level.

Boken

Banned
hmm. my volcano dragon not 5* yet for resist and I'm worried multi hit will crush odin + healer. i just get nervous when i see the word master in the title. i managed to take out the mechs on the base tech level with dual resist so maybe this would be easier than im making it out to be in my head. no genocide missiles to worry about at least

edit - confirmed odin + healer team a terrible idea. once your unable to fully heal its game over. slow death after that with no chance for relief. 50 stam gone.

The boss doesnt multi hit. your main problem is the trash with odin - seems your team wasnt strong enough for odin+healer. 5 star fire ripper is the easiest way to do it IMO

harrytang

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=sky dragon

can anyone convince me that the skydragon is good? Kind of seems like crap compared even to the rippers.

if the data is correct he throwing out fireballs every 10 turns, and for a dragon the hp and atk or pretty high at max. seems like a good team member if you can afford the team cost.

The boss doesnt multi hit. your main problem is the trash with odin - seems your team wasnt strong enough for odin+healer. 5 star fire ripper is the easiest way to do it IMO

yeah, i got 4 rippers level 5, but not the volcano yet - level 54 4*. I guess i can through in my siren and use someone else's red ripper. i'll be waiting a few hours before giving it a go. least i know i can grab this monster before it's gone.

if the data is correct he throwing out fireballs every 10 turns, and for a dragon the hp and atk or pretty high at max. seems like a good team member if you can afford the team cost.

Guess you are right on that, but i think i'd rather have 20k every 15 turns than 8k (max) every 10. That team cost is pretty high though. I'll run through the dungeon a couple times, if anything I'll get some feed fodder for my 4* ripper.

ToxicAdam

I'm going to try the Master level with two flame dralls. I would imagine all that damage reduction along with the Dralls (and a Siren's) ability to generate heart orbs should make it fairly easy.

Musan

I did it with two sirens (one as leader) and a flame ripper. Having the automated healing helps a lot, especially if its a high leveled ammy or siren that can cover 2160 health per turn. I think I can do it with just one siren if needed.

massoluk

Banned
Apparently a console version of Puzzle and Dragons is planned folso, I started playing P&D when it launched and then quit. ml[/url]

You know I'd probably buy this game on the 3DS for stylus control and so that my cell wouldn't be hemorrhaging battery. But how would it work with out network connection :/

Gaspode_T

Tonight the Crystal Defenders dungeon ended...In the last 10 mins (literally 11:50pm) it decided to drop this on me: http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/1802.html

Looks pretty cool...er, I think...a castle...wearing a santa hat...yeah...I don't remember this from Final Fantasy lore, but I will take it.

I also got a Bahamut to drop. Didn't have 2 rainbow crystals like I thought, only 1, so now I am stuck with these two guys I can't level up until the next time the CD dungeon comes around. Does anyone know how frequently they do it?

Tonight the Crystal Defenders dungeon ended...In the last 10 mins (literally 11:50pm) it decided to drop this on me: http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/1802.html

Looks pretty cool...er, I think...a castle...wearing a santa hat...yeah...I don't remember this from Final Fantasy lore, but I will take it.

I also got a Bahamut to drop. Didn't have 2 rainbow crystals like I thought, only 1, so now I am stuck with these two guys I can't level up until the next time the CD dungeon comes around. Does anyone know how frequently they do it?
Very rarely; last time CD dungeon opened was around Christmastime (hence Alexander wearing a Santa hat).

You still have a chance at a Rainbow Crystal dropping from PAL gacha, so don't give up hope yet!

I wish I had managed to get enough Rainbow Crystals in time to make the gimmick Hera run team, but I fell one short and don't have the right monsters to make that Resolve team work anyways.

J0dy77

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=sky dragon

can anyone convince me that the skydragon is good? Kind of seems like crap compared even to the rippers.

One thing I've been noticing lately is that the majority of monsters in this game are crap. You have high HP/High dmg mobs, your healers and your resists. Most of the rest are pretty crappy.

I did the final evolution of Tiamat to light/dark last week and he's pretty much useless.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
One thing I've been noticing lately is that the majority of monsters in this game are crap. You have high HP/High dmg mobs, your healers and your resists. Most of the rest are pretty crappy.

I did the final evolution of Tiamat to light/dark last week and he's pretty much useless.

I hope for further evolutions down the line. That's generally why I keep one of everything.

ToxicAdam

I view them all as tools in a toolbox. Some get used a lot and some are only good in certain situations.

For example, Gigas is pretty crappy, but if you have nothing in your box early on, he can be a huge help with his High HP and defensive skill.

Imagine if you had Tiamat for the Castle of Satan when you first were going through it. You would probably have a different opinion of it.

Dhx

Quick question on skill ups and evolves. If I feed my MSKs to my Dragon Knight prior to evolving, will he retain those skill ups post evolution, given that the skill does not change?

I'm confident that's the case but I certainly don't want to make the assumption.

ToxicAdam

Quick question on skill ups and evolves. If I feed my MSKs to my Dragon Knight prior to evolving, will he retain those skill ups post evolution, given that the skill does not change?

I'm confident that's the case but I certainly don't want to make the assumption.

Yes, that's true across the board. As long as they share the same skill, there is a chance for a skillup.

As long as that skill stays the same, the skillup will carry over into future evolutions.

Dhx

Yes, that's true across the board. As long as they share the same skill, there is a chance for a skillup.

As long as that skill stays the same, the skillup will carry over into future evolutions.

Thanks for the confirmation. Going to free up some badly needed box space.

Edit: And eight MSKs for 1 skill up, despite the 2x chance. Now that's a bit of a kick in the balls.

Whats the drop rate on master for the sky dragon?

Is it the same as the mech dragons or is it higher since its 50 cost and the highest level.

How often is the sky dragon dropping on Master? I've ran it once and did not get it, but are others getting lucky on the first run?

I am thinking it is fairly high (15-30%) but just not sure.

How often is the sky dragon dropping on Master? I've ran it once and did not get it, but are others getting lucky on the first run?

i got it first try, but the boss drop is shit (as in fairly useless). i was only interested in naga for skillups, which i didnt get. at 50 stam,not going to bother farming for nagas if the drop rate sucks like that

MicH

With the Red Skydragon dungeon dropping Lil Red Dragon, does that mean we'll get Lil Blue Dragons next week?! God I hope so

lordcyno

I just got it on my first master run.

I brought resist + siren. The siren I brought couldn't actually autoheal his entire damage but siren's orb skill was good enough to heal the difference whenever it was charged. The most trouble I had was in the earlier rounds before skills were charged.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I put Ammy up which should make these dragons completely brainless on Master compared to the mech dungeons, since she heals 3680/turn and they hit for shit. Overkill, but I guess if someone doesn't have a healer...

It may be useless, but I missed the fire mechdragon, and I am sorely low on any sort of Fire monsters (The ones I have are good, SHIVA, 4* ripper, and Echidna 4*) but I could use one more.

b70342470e9f51614e0ddd18835134dc.png

Acquired.

I missed my first chance at metal dragons earlier. The regular versions just aren't very helpful any more but I do need the highs and kings to speed up leveling at least 2 dark creatures (devil dragon and dark dragon knight).

I put Ammy up which should make these dragons completely brainless on Master compared to the mech dungeons, since she heals 3680/turn and they hit for shit. Overkill, but I guess if someone doesn't have a healer...

or 50% resist. haha Highest fire I have right now is 30

Adapt/Expert/Master?

What sort of team do you need with no RCU? I have a Ammy 6* as my leader ....

think its something like 2.2k w/ 50% resist. Should be fine w/ Ammy I believe.

Radav

So if I used an Ammy, 4 nukers and a 50% resist I should be OK on master?

Yeah you'll be more then fine. These dragons seem mediocre to me. They have the highest attack but their active ability + the amount of xp you need to get them to max makes it seem like something I'd only do way down the line.

ParityBit

Yeah you'll be more then fine. These dragons seem mediocre to me. They have the highest attack but their active ability + the amount of xp you need to get them to max makes it seem like something I'd only do way down the line.

OK so I am assuming I am looking for red resist?

Adapt/Expert/Master?

What sort of team do you need with no RCU? I have a Ammy 6* as my leader ....

I ran with red ripper as my leader, had blue, yellow, and green rippers for damage, neptune for poison, and teamed with a max-evo Siren.

The drop came from Master though I did the other two levels as well (with one less ripper and Flare Drall as leader, but I decided I wanted more damage when going to master). The only thing I noticed was that I was still taking about 300 damage every turn because the Siren just couldn't heal enough. As others have said, Ammy should be a better healer though I was never in danger because I could always use Siren's skill.

J0dy77

So if I used an Ammy, 4 nukers and a 50% resist I should be OK on master?

Yeah, this dungeon is a joke. I had a Meteor dragon leader and used a friend Ammy. As long as you can cover 2100 recover per round you're fine.

I view them all as tools in a toolbox. Some get used a lot and some are only good in certain situations.

For example, Gigas is pretty crappy, but if you have nothing in your box early on, he can be a huge help with his High HP and defensive skill.

Imagine if you had Tiamat for the Castle of Satan when you first were going through it. You would probably have a different opinion of it.

I did have the Tiamat around Castle but he wasn't level'd high enough to be worth anything. To get the final eovlution would have been a stretch.

Not disagreeing with you though, I love collecting everything. I just felt really underwhelmed by the Tiamat evolve, wishing he was at least on par with a ripper.

I think this is more of me realizing the limitations/problems with the game right now. I've been playing Tower of Saviors on the side and they've come up with some fresh ideas around the game. Being able to change a mobs element type, boss fights that require defeating both at the same time. I'm just hoping Gungho doesn't sit on the cash cow and that future updates make the game more challenging on a strategic level.

Yay got the Red Skydragon. Guess the game felt bad about fucking me out of the Rust Mech (so far at least).

Pisses me off when I do the Metal Dragon Dungeon and don't find any High Metal Kings. The regular Metal Dragons aren't hitting on much anymore.

ParityBit

Yay got the Red Skydragon. Guess the game felt bad about fucking me out of the Rust Mech (so far at least).

Pisses me off when I do the Metal Dragon Dungeon and don't find any High Metal Kings. The regular Metal Dragons aren't hitting on much anymore.

I just got the dragon on my second run. Yes the dungeon is easy, but it's nice to get a bone thrown your way once or twice.

Is it worth having multiple naga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom