• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used up my supply of dragons and pendgras. I have some duplicate lil' dragons that are in their 2nd (black and white) and 3rd (red) forms now. I'm planning on getting a Verche after some metal dragon runs. These are the other little guys I now have:

147b247e8c56f00909f34c7f988e406f.png
7926a1d6d604e1a285f8066912c3ca83.png

I just got the dragon on my second run. Yes the dungeon is easy, but it's nice to get a bone thrown your way once or twice.

Is it worth having multiple naga?

I have 2, but if I get any more doing this dungeon, I am going for the skill up. Two might be useful in some weird dungeons.

Someone earlier was posting about using the flamies, etc. to take ATK, RCV, and HP bonuses then using them later to give the bonus to the desired monster. Can the flamies take multiple bonuses? Or is it better to get 5 all with +1?

J0dy77

I just got the dragon on my second run. Yes the dungeon is easy, but it's nice to get a bone thrown your way once or twice.

Is it worth having multiple naga?

I'm keeping multiple Naga, just got one to drop on Expert for a Valk team. Going to go Valk/double siren/double naga and see how that works out.

I'm keeping multiple Naga, just got one to drop on Expert for a Valk team. Going to go Valk/double siren/double naga and see how that works out.
I think the canonical Valk team consists of 2x Echidna, StE, and Lilith, swapping around monsters depending on the dungeon/what you have.

First Master dungeon try ...

so awesome. Got pretty dicey near the end, he was doing about 600ish net damage a turn. Between orb changing and Rainbow Keeper skill, was able to hold off.

Now, back to that Rust Dungeon...

MicH

^Nice, congrats!

So it seems that the lil' dragons only drop on Adept levels. If you need a lil 'red dragon, I suggest running Adept. I got two in one run through it. Also the Blue Skydragon dungeon has lil' blue dragons on Adept. Can't wait :D

Slottm

Neo Member
Hey guys, after receiving an invite in game from a few of the people on this board, I figured I'd say hi. (Notably GC@gaf and xelios@gaf). I'm pretty active on other communities for this game, so if there's anything I can help out with, please let me know.

To Tonner Cyn, the reason for feeding a flamie or a monster that is low level / low level cap with +1s, is that let's say you had a max level ADK with +60. Adding that +61 would cost 61000 gold. If you were to feed him multiple +1s, it'd cost that for each one (perhaps +1000 for each additional, I forget the exact numbers)

If you feed a flamie a +1, up to lets say +5 or +10, then feed that to the ADK, it'll only cost about 70k for the combo with the ADK and much less to get the flamie to +10 in the first place. Sorry I don't have the actual formula, but hopefully this helps. One of the cheapest ways to max out a monster is feed multiple monsters to +5, combine them into a +25 or +50, then combine all the +25s or +50s before feeding it to your main monsters.

Hey guys, after receiving an invite in game from a few of the people on this board, I figured I'd say hi. (Notably GC@gaf and xelios@gaf). I'm pretty active on other communities for this game, so if there's anything I can help out with, please let me know.

To Tonner Cyn, the reason for feeding a flamie or a monster that is low level / low level cap with +1s, is that let's say you had a max level ADK with +60. Adding that +61 would cost 61000 gold. If you were to feed him multiple +1s, it'd cost that for each one (perhaps +1000 for each additional, I forget the exact numbers)

If you feed a flamie a +1, up to lets say +5 or +10, then feed that to the ADK, it'll only cost about 70k for the combo with the ADK and much less to get the flamie to +10 in the first place. Sorry I don't have the actual formula, but hopefully this helps. One of the cheapest ways to max out a monster is feed multiple monsters to +5, combine them into a +25 or +50, then combine all the +25s or +50s before feeding it to your main monsters.

I guess my only problem with that is that it would take brutally long to get that many +1's. Maybe I just don't play enough, but I rarely see them drop. While it does cost a shitton to upgrade, I'd rather get the immediate use out of, say a +RCV on my Siren, then just sitting on a slime waiting for more.

I get the point though, and maybe in increments of 5 it makes sense, it seems like a SUPER long term plan.

edit : oh yeah, welcome!

^Nice, congrats!

So it seems that the lil' dragons only drop on Adept levels. If you need a lil 'red dragon, I suggest running Adept. I got two in one run through it. Also the Blue Skydragon dungeon has lil' blue dragons on Adept. Can't wait :D

Finally. Last ripper I need.

Had some bad luck on on Master Sky Dragon today. Was trying to store up skills, but the dropping gems kept chaining and killing the mobs off too quickly. Happened a couple of times, and kept landing rooms with little devils all attacking each turn. Losing that 50 stamina stings so bad.

Slottm

Neo Member
+1 eggs drop more often from 1.5x or 2x drop rate dungeons. They aren't that difficult to accumulate if you have the desire for them. Also, it simply becomes too expensive to feed each one, one by one. This may work to a certain point, but when you're shelling out 100k for a +1 (or hell, in some cases +250k) for a +1, you want to minimize the gold usage. In addition, if a +1 isn't going to impact your farming methods (such as if you're doing pengdras, dragon runs etc) then it might not be such a bad idea to hold off on using them. But I agree, at the start, it's a good idea to feed em as you get em :)

ToxicAdam

Had some bad luck on on Master Sky Dragon today. Was trying to store up skills, but the dropping gems kept chaining and killing the mobs off too quickly. Happened a couple of times, and kept landing rooms with little devils all attacking each turn. Losing that 50 stamina stings so bad.

Its so hard not to use a stone when that happens. Because you can easily justify it as a stamina refill.

I used to be bad at it, but once I did it the 5 or 6th time I realized I wasted a gacha pull for very little gain.

Finally. Last ripper I need.

those demons are brutal. Landed in a floor with 5 all with a 1CD. Luckily had a ripper charged, but damn they are annoying.

Its so hard not to use a stone when that happens. Because you can easily justify it as a stamina refill.

I used to be bad at it, but once I did it the 5 or 6th time I realized I wasted a gacha pull for very little gain.

Is it worth using the stones for a gacha pull or hoarding them for stamina refills? I have 5 or 6 right now.

Is it worth using the stones for a gacha pull or hoarding them for stamina refills? I have 5 or 6 right now.

With 5 or 6, I would hold them for stamina refills. If you are over 10 then you could consider 1 rare pull imho.

EDIT: Though it does matter how far into the game you are. If you are just starting, use it because chances are the rare will be of great help to your team.

Fuck these little devils. Gonna try again later this week. I was so close to using a stone, but it wouldn't have done me any good. Still had a lot of cooldown left for rippers, and I hadn't put a dent in the devils. I've decided to hoard all my stones until 5.0 drops. How many more days do we get the daily freebie Stones/Pal Points?

@Tonner: I've been wondering that, too. I pretty much have a Hera Team set up, but I'm not sure if I should keep Viper low or not.

wait until the 28th if you are going to pull. God Event with some very high drop rates I believe.

Some overlap with the previous event, right? I forget when that is.

Missing Xel still. His Ammy would be grand for this sky dragon dungeon. My shitty 1st run in Master has my head messed up.

With 5 or 6, I would hold them for stamina refills. If you are over 10 then you could consider 1 rare pull imho.

EDIT: Though it does matter how far into the game you are. If you are just starting, use it because chances are the rare will be of great help to your team.

wait until the 28th if you are going to pull. God Event with some very high drop rates I believe.

Oh yeah I forgot God Week is coming up. Saving stones for that for sure.

ToxicAdam

Just depends on your needs. If you need stronger pets, then I would do gacha pulls. If you already have a bunch of pets but they are underleveled, it makes more sense to use them for stamina refills during colored Dragon events.

Oh yeah I forgot God Week is coming up. Saving stones for that for sure.

Just make sure to spend in moderation during the god event. It's great having a lot of monsters, but that will only get you so far. Strong friends can carry you a long way.

I'll repost this here:

I too had an epiphany the other day. Saw a guy with a +297 Awoken Zeus, max level, who had spent quite a bit less than i have and was rank 245 or something. Turns out he only spends stones farming pengdras / + eggs. Stones spent refilling stamina apparently go a hell of a lot farther than stones spent on the rare egg machine. Since then, its become much easier not to pull the machine. And even if you spend stones like mad refilling stamina, you're inherently limited by how fast you can burn down a bar of stamina.

Spending stones on stamina also allows you to build a larger stamina bar by ranking up. The guy who I mentioned above was rank 250 or so. he has 150 stamina. In a single bar of stamina he can do colored metal dragons 7 times, or regular metal dragons 10 times. That's 2-3x higher than probably any of us here. Plus he has a +297 Awoken Zeus, which alone will probably carry him through most dungeons. When I think about that, it makes me wonder how important it really was for me to pull the machine so many times. Sure, I have almost every monster from the machine (at last count I'm missing about 5), but I still struggle getting through some endgame dungeons because nothing is max level, and with only 80 stamina I have to spend a lot of stones refilling for metal dragons / pengdras to max everything out.

So idk, it's a balance. But just remember that spending stones on stamina goes a lot farther than you probably think it does.

Just depends on your needs. If you need stronger pets, then I would do gacha pulls. If you already have a bunch of pets but they are underleveled, it makes more sense to use them for stamina refills during colored Dragon events.

Yeah I actually have some good monsters, but I think they're underleveled. I really depend on you guys for strong friends to see me through.

Just make sure to spend in moderation during the god event. It's great having a lot of monsters, but that will only get you so far. Strong friends can carry you a long way.

I'll repost this here:

Spending stones on stamina also allows you to build a larger stamina bar by ranking up. The guy who I mentioned above was rank 250 or so. he has 150 stamina. In a single bar of stamina he can do colored metal dragons 7 times, or regular metal dragons 10 times. That's 2-3x higher than probably any of us here. Plus he has a +297 Awoken Zeus, which alone will probably carry him through most dungeons. When I think about that, it makes me wonder how important it really was for me to pull the machine so many times. Sure, I have almost every monster from the machine (at last count I'm missing about 5), but I still struggle getting through some endgame dungeons because nothing is max level, and with only 80 stamina I have to spend a lot of stones refilling for metal dragons / pengdras to max everything out.

So idk, it's a balance. But just remember that spending stones on stamina goes a lot farther than you probably think it does.

Yeah and I'm working on spending stones less on pulls and more on stamina refills. But like RL money does, the stones tend to burn a hole in my pocket!

Plus when God Event hits, and 5.0 for that matter, I know the temptation will probably be too much to take!

Yeah I actually have some good monsters, but I think they're underleveled. I really depend on you guys for strong friends to see me through.

Yeah and I'm working on spending stones less on pulls and more on stamina refills. But like RL money does, the stones tend to burn a hole in my pocket!

Plus when God Event hits, and 5.0 for that matter, I know the temptation will probably be too much to take!

Yea, I've already set aside my 5.0 fund, lol. Luckily I'm getting a bonus at work soon, so I can justify it :) In the meantime though, I'm just ranking up like crazy. Trying to get a lot of stamina, so that when 5.0 comes I can spend less stones farming pengdras and dragon plants.

xCobalt

It's a shame they're doing the Sky Dragons rather than Legendary. Probably have to wait another 6 weeks or so for the next set of dragons.

I got my 100th day bonus the other day. Got 10 stones!

ToxicAdam

I've said this in here a few times, but the more money you spend on this game all you are doing is quickening the pace to when you get burnt out on it.

There really is no 'race' or leaderboard to this game, so there are no tangible rewards to strive for by doing it faster. So it doesn't really behoove someone to speed through it as fast as they can. Almost everything in this game can be had if you are patient enough.

The only reward seems to be getting to a place where you have seen/done all the content or become so disgusted with yourself in the amount of money you have spent that you quit forever.

I've said this in here a few times, but the more money you spend on this game all you are doing is quickening the pace to when you get burnt out on it.

There really is no 'race' or leaderboard to this game, so there are no tangible rewards to strive for by doing it faster. So it doesn't really behoove someone to speed through it as fast as they can. Almost everything in this game can be had if you are patient enough.

The only reward seems to be getting to a place where you have seen/done all the content or become so disgusted with yourself in the amount of money you have spent that you quit forever.

Yup. I've come to realize this. That's what has caused me to slow up on buying stones. I've already spent more than my fair share on this game, so now I'm trying to be patient and slow my roll.

Decided to do two pulls. I got two War Deity Saint Minnerva. Two!? What am I gonna do with two of them

Lucky, at least you got a gold egg. I have not seen a gold egg (outside of the RUST mechdragon drop) since the last godfest when i pulled a Shiva (followed by a titan, and a shardra).

No king dragons, and nothing in the special PAL pull machine.

Just a terrible string of bad luck.

MicH

I've actually had decent luck with the Pal machine. I've gotten a High Gold Dragon, a Super King Metal Dragon, two green Pengdras and a Naga. All in the last week.

I have also gotten way too many Shardras from the rare egg machine.

I've actually had decent luck with the Pal machine. I've gotten a High Gold Dragon, a Super King Metal Dragon, two green Pengdras and a Naga. All in the last week.

I have also gotten way too many Shardras from the rare egg machine.

I started the week with about 40 pal pulls, and since I've had maybe 10-12 more pulls. I actually managed to get 3 Super King Metals from all of this. Really quite surprised. Wish I would have saved them so I could feed all of them at once, but I really never though I'd get more than one.

Really hoping I can get a Super King Gold Dragon before the end of the event though, just to fill out my Monster Compendium under the Other menu

ccbfan

Anyone know whats the drop rate on the naga in the special dungeon.

Whats the best way to get naga drops?

What has the best chance per stamina?

Expert? Master?

Was the mech dragons better? Should I just wait for those.

Should I just do normal dungeons on 1.5x drops?

I already have one Enchilada but my end goal in this game is to have 2 max skilled Enchilada.

The prospect of turning any 1 turn enemy into a 4 turn enemy is amazing. With a siren which is 5 turn charge. You basically invincible as long as you don't get 1 hit KOed and that could be overcomed by Odin or Orochi.

Yaari

I agree. I spend 60 stones rolling Gacha, and didnt get anything other than some semi-rares, I'd feel bad about getting rid of, and won't actually be leveling due to other priorities. So they just take space.

Whereas I spend 40 stones on refills, I got the 3 max skilled ADKs, like 30 ranks, and I am making good progress towards a Zeus build.

I know 5.0 will be tempting to roll for Egyptian Gods, but I definitely feel I get more rewarded by using those refills.

Some more evolutions:

Not quite rippers:
bc9deb8dc012aae2e012f32c978db368.png
3b9f827a85ccec89b88ffc5032364623.png
0fd8bb5d913c0a09b285afc4a34abdce.png

Evolved knights (am I wrong in thinking these are better than their final forms due to resists?)
8266146aabefaa310a037ae2af6fef4c.png
991a788de227fbe943165503b7cc57ed.png

And one final evolution:
08a8076774b43bff96b73907eaca61c0.png

I got the boss battle theme from the CD dungeon stuck in my head right now. Problem is is that I only know the first 10-15 seconds cause I laid waste to Bahamut so quickly.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Missing Xel still. His Ammy would be grand for this sky dragon dungeon. My shitty 1st run in Master has my head messed up.

Ammy has been up since this morning...

I use your ADK all the time, so I definitely know you well. Thanks!

Hello, Slottm! Didn't know you were a Gaffer. Cool. You and Xelios are the highest level/skill ADKs on my friend list, so I've used you a ton without knowing you were a fellow Gaffer.

Yeah, I'm the guy Tonner Cyn was remembering who mentioned throwing my bonuses onto slimes before feeding them to my high level monsters. Was going to respond to Tonner until I saw your post. Good explanation.

To break down the exact formula for those interested, when feeding a monster with bonus stats to another monster, it costs:

1. 1000 gold per each bonus point you're feeding
  2. PLUS 1000 gold per each bonus point already on the monster receiving the bonus
  3. PLUS 100 gold for each level of the monster you're feeding to.

Using a low level monster minimizes the costs for the third point, but in practice that's really small beans compared to the second bolded point, which is where the really high costs are derived from. When you feed bonus stats to a monster that already has bonus stats, you're repaying for all of those preexisting bonus points. For example if you feed a monster a single bonus stat at a time until it reaches +99, you're paying 1000 gold for that first bonus stat 99 times, or 99,000 gold for every bonus point by the time you reach +99, and that's ignoring the cost for your monster's level. So, you're paying a minimum of 9,801,000 gold to raise a monster from 0 to +99 bonus in single bonus stat increments.

Ideally, you'd do what Slottm described to minimize this cost. Here's a breakdown of how that works out.

Fuse five +1 monsters to make one +5 monster = 5000 gold
Cumulative cost 5000 gold

Do this 5 times = 25,000 gold
Cumulative cost 25,000 gold

Fuse five +5 monsters to make one +25 monster = 25,000 gold
Cumulative cost = 50,000 gold

Do all of the above 3 more times = 150,000 gold
Cumulative cost 200,000 gold

Fuse four +25 monsters to make one +100(really 99) monster = 100,000 gold
Cumulative cost 300,000 gold

So, at the 2 extremes of bonus point distribution strategy up to +99, you have a cost difference of around 10,000,000 gold at worst, and around 300,000 gold at best. And that difference only increases as you increase the bonuses further, up to the maximum +297 value.

I guess my only problem with that is that it would take brutally long to get that many +1's. Maybe I just don't play enough, but I rarely see them drop. While it does cost a shitton to upgrade, I'd rather get the immediate use out of, say a +RCV on my Siren, then just sitting on a slime waiting for more.

I get the point though, and maybe in increments of 5 it makes sense, it seems like a SUPER long term plan.

edit : oh yeah, welcome!
Yeah. We play these games to have fun(hopefully), so it's a balance between min/max efficiency and instant gratification. The sole purpose of the above distribution strategy is to minimize gold expenditure, so if don't have problems running out of gold, there's no reason you need to follow it to a T. But information is there for people who'd like to take advantage of it.

Another question - should I evolve Viper Orochi or is that the preferred form? If it is, should I level it up or keep it low?
Unless you get a second Viper Orochi, I'd keep your first one at base level. When building a Perseverance/Resolve team, you wanna keep your team HP as low as possible. My Perseverance team doesn't even rely on ATK damage, but rather all of my effective damage comes via skills like my rippers and Heras. A high level Viper Orochi is also great as a sub-member in more traditional teams, but it's usually more coveted for its leader skill, and the lower the level the better for that.

Slottm

Neo Member
Hi George, I wasn't a gaffer, I signed up since I got invites from both you and xelios a while ago, and figured I'd say hello :)

J0dy77

Completely agree with Adam. One of the points I was trying to make earlier today was that while it's fun to collect everything there really isn't a need to race through or waste money on rare pulls. Gungho provides you with all of the tools necessary with Rippers, plenty of free stones and strategic key mobs that you can farm (healers, naga, lilith, Titan). You'll get really far playing on the free dime. Most of the mobs that you'll get won't be much of an improvement over the teams you can get through farming.

I've spent $10 total on the game when the last God event came around, and that money was more of a thank you to Gungho for a game that I've spent dozens of hours on. I'm thinking of giving them another $5 on the 28th. There really are only a few mobs that I really want from the Gacha at this point and the odds of getting those are rare.

J0dy77

zTcYi5P.jpg

Everything but the Dragon itself. Still a good run.

I didn't know the Mystic Flame knight could drop from this dungeon, still don't have that one... definitely looking forward to picking him up. Just need the Chaos and Flame for all of the knights.

Anyone know if it is only Master or can we get them on expert? The Stamina to Exp ratio isn't great on Master, would rather run Expert.

Hi George, I wasn't a gaffer, I signed up since I got invites from both you and xelios a while ago, and figured I'd say hello :)
Oh, cool. So, you didn't have to wait long for account approval then. It was a serendipitous timing of events.

edit: J0dy77, the Mystic Red Knight appears on both Master and Expert. I don't know the drops rates, though. It appeared for me on Master, but didn't drop.

MicH

So I just found out that you can devolve in newer versions of the game, which means I can actually devolve one of my two War Deity Saint Minnerva and get the dark version as well. That is pretty cool! Devolution costs 5 Dub-mythlit though o_O

ToxicAdam

My double Flame Drall strategy worked for the master sky dragon level. I don't know if I would recommend it, it was pretty slow going and I had a few close calls.

Maybe it would have been better if I brought a Keeper instead of Hera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom