• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
My double Flame Drall strategy worked for the master sky dragon level. I don't know if I would recommend it, it was pretty slow going and I had a few close calls.

Maybe it would have been better if I brought a Keeper instead of Hera.

why not just 1 flare drall and a bunch of water monsters, and a healer helper?

So I just found out that you can devolve in newer versions of the game, which means I can actually devolve one of my two War Deity Saint Minnerva and get the dark version as well. That is pretty cool! Devolution costs 5 Dub-mythlit though o_O
Got excited at first, until I realized you don't actually get evo materials back. Guess that's cool for people who regret their ultimate evolution choices or got duplicates like yourself. Though, how does that work level-wise? Does the monster go back to level 1 of the previous form? That would be good for people who pulled a level 30 Viper Orochi from the rare machine, for example. But I guess it wouldn't be good for people who want to devolve and immediately evolve into a different ultimate evolution. 5 Dub-mythlits is way better than doing rare pulls until you get another copy of a particular monster if all you want to do is swap colors.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Got excited at first, until I realized you don't actually get evo materials back. Guess that's cool for people who regret their ultimate evolution choices or got duplicates like yourself. Though, how does that work level-wise? Does the monster go back to level 1 of the previous form? That would be good for people who pulled a level 30 Viper Orochi from the rare machine, for example. But I guess it wouldn't be good for people who want to devolve and immediately evolve into a different ultimate evolution. 5 Dub-mythlits is way better than doing rare pulls until you get another copy of a particular monster if all you want to do is swap colors.

Well since forward-ultimate evolutions are same-level, I'd say backwards-ultimate evolutions would be same level as well...

Well since forward-ultimate evolutions are same-level, I'd say backwards-ultimate evolutions would be same level as well...
Ah yeah. That would make sense. But the question still stands for actually devolving into a lesser form, not just from an ultimate to non-ultimate form. No big deal, though. I don't have anything I want to devolve. Was just curious. All the features will be understood once we get the update, which I'm really looking forward to.

MicH

I believe devolution only works on ultimate evolved monsters. Also it seems that you can do it in our version aleeady! I know what I'll be farming come Friday :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ah yeah. That would make sense. But the question still stands for actually devolving into a lesser form, not just from an ultimate to non-ultimate form. No big deal, though. I don't have anything I want to devolve. Was just curious. All the features will be understood once we get the update, which I'm really looking forward to.

I'm pretty sure it will just be for busty evolutions. So it will just be returning to the same level, pre-evo form ready to do another busty evolution. At least that's my understanding.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm pretty sure it will just be for busty evolutions. So it will just be returning to the same level, pre-evo form ready to do another busty evolution. At least that's my understanding.

Yes, that's how it works. That's also in the wikis. It only works for ultimate evos.

I believe devolution only works on ultimate evolved monsters. Also it seems that you can do it in our version aleeady! I know what I'll be farming come Friday :p
Oh, really? I only have 2 Dub-mythlits on hand, so can't check for myself. I'll take your word on it. Hope it works for you.

MicH

I am in such a hurry. Double skill up event ends Thursday and my Vampire Lord is only skill level 4. Just a bit more, I have to make it!

Should have thought of that. I imagine you would want a power resolve team? Would Resolve/Ripper/Ripper/Poison/Filler + Healer work?

Hades' turn clock is 6 so pretty much any Resolve+Autoheal leader combination works. The bigger issues are the three Basilisks before him, so bring whatever lets you take them down the easiest.

ToxicAdam

Should have thought of that. I imagine you would want a power resolve team? Would Resolve/Ripper/Ripper/Poison/Filler + Healer work?

If you have max skill Siren, you can swing it with Odin + Damage Reduction. With that going for you, Hades hits for 6666 every 6 turns, which gives you plenty of time to heal back up.

The hard part of that level are the three ballisks. But with Odin and two rippers skills, you can whittle them down to two pretty quickly.

Edgeward

Edge. Turn away from this game while you can. It will suck you in. FG GAF will meet hear from you again.

Then why are you here? =O

Another Q. I finally got a Light monster but I can't put it on my team. Only in the leader spot, and I can't do that after all the work on my water monster. So I guess there are only monsters that can be used in the leader spot only? Bummer. I really needed a decent light too.

Then why are you here? =O

Another Q. I finally got a Light monster but I can't put it on my team. Only in the leader spot, and I can't do that after all the work on my water monster. So I guess there are only monsters that can be used in the leader spot only? Bummer. I really needed a decent light too.

Naw, that's cause it costs too much to add to your team. When you replace your leader with it, your overall team cost drops because your leader also costs a ton (or at least that's what I'm assuming).

Edgeward

Oh I didn't even recognize that there was such a thing. Is there a way to raise the max level of cost? By raising rank? Never noticed my Green costs 13 to use. Yikes. But she is so good

Colby

I've been doing Oceanus Falls to get a Mermaid. Is this the best way to do it? (I've done it four times on 1.5% increase but haven't gotten anything yet).

MicH

If any of you are looking for a Rainbow Keeper, you better get it today as it's 2x drop. It's the best opportunity to get him as he doesn't always drop normally. I'll probably get another 2 (4 in total) just in case for future evolutions and team members.

ParityBit

If any of you are looking for a Rainbow Keeper, you better get it today as it's 2x drop. It's the best opportunity to get him as he doesn't always drop normally. I'll probably get another 2 (4 in total) just in case for future evolutions and team members.

What is the best team for keepers? It has been a while since I farmed them. Rippers and a Healer? I was hoping to try and get a rainbow today.

atlantos

Neo Member
What is the best team for keepers? It has been a while since I farmed them. Rippers and a Healer? I was hoping to try and get a rainbow today.

The only way I know is a resolve team with a few rippers in it... My team is: healer, white ripper, black ripper, poison neptune, another ripper, and viper... or another resolve... I keep loosing with other resolve monster... I need viper orochi desperately... Maybe my team need to level up a bit...

anyway... going to sleep now... hopefully a few viper friends are waiting for me when I wake up in 8 hours time..

Kosh

Group A and B color dungeons is either one of the two options. Sorry for the inconvenience!

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/26/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 Emerald (Ruby) 13:00 Ruby (Sapphire) 18:00 Sapphire (Emerald)
B: 9:00 Ruby (Sapphire) 14:00 Sapphire (Emerald) 19:00 Emerald (Ruby)
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby

ParityBit

The only way I know is a resolve team with a few rippers in it...

Wouldn't that be too many HP for a resolve team? I am still trying to figure my team out to give it a try. I have not done a rainbow yet.

On a side note, I am thinking I may drop to just my cell phone account. I can spread my game playing throughout the day, have much less burn out and actually feel less stressed about "jewel dungeon" time, etc. I will probably keep logging in with my iPad account to get the day bonus and anything else they give, plus to switch leaders if needed. But a bulk of my real time will be on my phone.

ToxicAdam

Wouldn't that be too many HP for a resolve team? I am still trying to figure my team out to give it a try. I have not done a rainbow yet.

There's nothing wrong with having a high HP resolve team. The R. Keeper's timer is long enough that you can get your HP's back up.

Plus you want to bring some damage makers along because of the ridiculous amount of HPs he has.

ParityBit

There's nothing wrong with having a high HP resolve team. The R. Keeper's timer is long enough that you can get your HP's back up.

Plus you want to bring some damage makers along because of the ridiculous amount of HPs he has.

So would a blue ogre (lvl 3) as a leader, a light and dark ripper, 2 blue ghosts and a enchantress healer leader be good?

Slottm

Neo Member
Using an odin helper or healer is infinitely easier than running a resolve team for rainbow keeper. On that note, keep in mind the following two things:

1) The light/dark keeper attack once every 3 turns, rainbow every 5 turns
2) The damage is most likely lethal

This gives either situation (odin or resolve) 3 turns to heal your hp back to the suitable number. That being said, if you have an option with an odin, it's so much safer since you don't have to worry about max hp, and the most you get hit for is around 4500 damage, every 5 turns. (Or about 2-3000 every 3 turns)

ToxicAdam

So would a blue ogre (lvl 3) as a leader, a light and dark ripper, 2 blue ghosts and a enchantress healer leader be good?

That looks like too many weak pets to me. If you're going to bring the rippers might as well bring other damage dealing pets to replace the blue ghosts.

I would do something like this:

Leader: Resolve
Helper: Healer (Siren or ammy)

Ripper
Ripper
Healer or poison
Ripper / High Attack Light-based

Finally Keeper Day!

Couple Evolves for the morning :

EWaZyCk.png
k17p4ar.png

So that gives me 2 Rippers and finally and ADK. Team is finally taking shape. Going to farm dragons/pengdras today to try and up some of the rest of the rippers. Damn Light and Dark are annoying to feed.

OTIX

I'd just like to echo that Odin is the easiest and fastest way to do rainbow keeper.

A really safe and quick team would look like this:

Autohealer+Odin leaders
Ripper
Ripper
Anything
Anything

So all you need is an autohealer and two rippers. This team can clear the whole dungeon in 25 minutes, less if you have a light ripper.

Or if you don't have any rippers then you can just use some strong monsters to clear the early rounds and let Odin solo kill the bosses.

BlueSteel

So I wake up, check the game and noticed that I have about 5 more stones than I expect. Then I check my bank account and notice there's another charge. The only way it'd be on there is if I sleepily bought it, which I doubt.

Just to be safe, I removed my card from google wallet. Weird stuff...

Anyways, speaking of keepers and odin, anyone wanna add me? Looking to finally get a rainbow keeper today.
367 341 211

Actually just had an idea about how to make rainbow keeper go faster.

Lakshmi, siren, 3 strong water monsters, lakshmi

Probably not mechdragons because you need to make ssure you keep high rcv, so maybe idunn, ripper, etc

StMeph

Got the sky dragon of fire to drop last night, but it seems pretty weak for a 6* monster. Is it just a glorified ripper?

Got the sky dragon of fire to drop last night, but it seems pretty weak for a 6* monster. Is it just a glorified ripper?

basically. Active Skill does about 8k damage every 10 turns when maxed out, but at a cost of 40 is pretty damn high. He dropped my first master try, may just level him up and wait until I can roster more. Would give me a pretty solid fire squad :

Shiva the Destroyer
Sky Dragon
Ripper
Enchilada
Firedragon Tyrannos

ToxicAdam

So I wake up, check the game and noticed that I have about 5 more stones than I expect. Then I check my bank account and notice there's another charge. The only way it'd be on there is if I sleepily bought it, which I doubt.

Just to be safe, I removed my card from google wallet. Weird stuff...

367 341 211

Haha .. I had the same freakout moment when it happened to me. I went through my itunes history and tried to see what the hell happened.

You do get a log-in bonus of 5 free stones. It could have been that. Because you can't buy 5 stones, unless you buy them individually.

Cipherr

2. Don't play a Special dungeon unless you are hunting for something specific in them. Otherwise you're just wasting what little stamina you have

8Z8a422.png
Fk.... I just finally decided to try this game this morning while relaxing and its pretty damn fun to start, but I saw something flashing in the corner about a special dungeon and it was labeled *new* or something.

I went in, and couldn't access the first few for some reason, then I found one that let me in, and got one shot. Now there's a brutal timer before I have enough (I think its Stamina?) to do the other dungeons again.

Think I'm gonna reset data and re-roll now that I have read some of the OP.

BlueSteel

That looks like too many weak pets to me. If you're going to bring the rippers might as well bring other damage dealing pets to replace the blue ghosts.

I would do something like this:

Leader: Resolve
Helper: Healer (Siren or ammy)

Ripper
Ripper
Healer or poison
Ripper / High Attack Light-based

That seems plausible, since I got 5, and I should have gotten 6 if I shelled out 5 bucks. On the other hand I did have one extra charge that was unaccounted for. That or I really did spend another 5 bucks. I'm probably an idiot and spent more money on the game haha. It was probably for the best that I removed it.

EDIT: Yea, you're right. 30 days 5 stone login bonus.

Cipherr

XKBDyVKl.png

I got this one from the 5 eggs. Is this a good enough one to keep? I'm not interested in re-rolling constantly to get the best possible one, I just want something passable that I won't be gimped by later on.

Should I keep this?

ParityBit

OK, my team made the rainbow very easy.

Ammy Ohk, Green, Dark, light. red rippers, Odin.

First level I loaded up with ripper juice
2 and 3 were easy. Once use a ripper if it gets a little tight.
4 and 5 were cake walks. Just took a little bit.

EDIT: 2 runs, 1 dark egg, 1 light egg and 2 rainbow eggs!

Slottm

Neo Member
You're really best off rerolling til you get something good. Genie's not really food at all in a general sense. He's ok on certain niche teams or against certain boss fights. That being said, you might also have a lot more luck rerolling during the godfest coming this weekend, if you can hold out a few more days. Ensuring you have a god with a 1.5x multiplier for all, or 2x multiplier for atk/rcv ensures you can build some of the most dominant teams from the get-go, rather than relying on luck later on down the line on whether or not the rare machine favors you.

edit: Parity, how's that possible? You can only encounter either light or dark keeper in the rainbow keepers dungeon, and you ended up with 4 total in 2 runs? Something seems off...

Cipherr

You're really best off rerolling til you get something good. Genie's not really food at all in a general sense. He's ok on certain niche teams or against certain boss fights. That being said, you might also have a lot more luck rerolling during the godfest coming this weekend, if you can hold out a few more days. Ensuring you have a god with a 1.5x multiplier for all, or 2x multiplier for atk/rcv ensures you can build some of the most dominant teams from the get-go, rather than relying on luck later on down the line on whether or not the rare machine favors you.

Oh lord this is gonna kill me. Im actually enjoying the game a bit thusfar, which is sort of a first for a mobile game. But if I have to stress over this rerolling and waiting until the weekend etc, I won't actually be able to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom