• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

Oh lord this is gonna kill me. Im actually enjoying the game a bit thusfar, which is sort of a first for a mobile game. But if I have to stress over this rerolling and waiting until the weekend etc, I won't actually be able to play.

I would just keep playing. You can clear some dungeons, get more stones and get more pulls and see where your team is at then.

Even though this isn't the precise optimal time to do pulls, it is still far better than normal considering the linup of pets that have a 4x rate. Personally, I would have killed to have a shot at some of these healers when I first started.

Just don't use your stones on stamina refills and continues. Save them all for pulls.

Oh lord this is gonna kill me. Im actually enjoying the game a bit thusfar, which is sort of a first for a mobile game. But if I have to stress over this rerolling and waiting until the weekend etc, I won't actually be able to play.

You dont need to, just that this game attracts a lot of minmaxer type personalitites. Theres a godfest going on right now too, so its not a big deal to reroll now as well. Gold eggs are pretty frequent right now

You're really best off rerolling til you get something good. Genie's not really food at all in a general sense. He's ok on certain niche teams or against certain boss fights. That being said, you might also have a lot more luck rerolling during the godfest coming this weekend, if you can hold out a few more days. Ensuring you have a god with a 1.5x multiplier for all, or 2x multiplier for atk/rcv ensures you can build some of the most dominant teams from the get-go, rather than relying on luck later on down the line on whether or not the rare machine favors you.

edit: Parity, how's that possible? You can only encounter either light or dark keeper in the rainbow keepers dungeon, and you ended up with 4 total in 2 runs? Something seems off...

hes saying that in the 2 runs, he got 4 keepers (1l, 1d, 2r). Completely possible, I just ran Blue keeper and ended up with a light, dark, and blue (5th, 9th, 10th floors).

Amazed how fast rainbow keeper just went. 13 minutes start to finish.

Awoken Odin, green ripper, dark ripper, light ripper, awoken zeus, ammy

OTIX

Personally I very much regret not rerolling to at least have one good rare monster. I have a lot of useful stuff, rippers, healers, mystic knights and so on, but the only monster I have that is rare-machine-only is a crappy Fafnir. And that's not likely to change anytime soon since I'm in Europe and can't buy stones.

If/when the game is released over here I will probably reroll, and Shiva/Lakshmi/Parvati will be right at the top of the wish list.

ParityBit

What is a good number of keepers to keep in your box? I think I have almost 2 of each. I will have to double check (including Rainbow)

I know some people mention Rainbow as team members? I am assuming you need some as backup Materials also?

I am trying to plan my day around my stamina pool and jewel dragons.

ToxicAdam

What is a good number of keepers to keep in your box? .

You should always keep one in case you need it as a team member. The only time I find where you need a second one is when you are doing Legendary dungeons. You're probably a ways from there .. so you can burn that second one for an evo.

Slottm

Neo Member
MMBosstones, he edited :) his original description was 2 dark 2 light 2 rainbow, which in 2 runs isn't possible in a rainbow keeper dungeon (light / dark do not have a random chance to appear here, it's one or the other on round 4 guaranteed)

As for rerolling - I started the week the game came out and had no idea you could even reroll. I regret it now. While I do have a very powerful ADK, I do not have any notable gods I can base a team around. The advantages you get from having a leader like parvati or freyr/shiva are huge, since a team with them as a leader doesn't struggle as hard versus certain fights, and simply having a high hp pool with high rcv allows for easier strats than always worrying about hovering around 10-15k HP. None of the gods available right now can have a team based around them, as nice as neptune and hades are... I'd try your hardest to guarantee yourself a hindu/norse god. But again, I've been successful without any of these.

In terms of rainbow keepers - they're really only used for evolving certain gods. Unless you have gods that require them, holding onto more than one as an evo material isn't really necessary. Using them on a team is a different story. They're easier to get than leveling a golem to 5*, and provide the same skill (although it can't be skilled up) They're a decent *temp* on a team, since they can fill the role of damage reduction without having to expend any resources into leveling/skilling them aside from actually just acquiring them. I'd say 2-3 is a safe number for teams. They're useful in things like legendary mech dungeons, using 1 against Hera with a safe-although slow team, etc.

J0dy77

XKBDyVKl.png

I got this one from the 5 eggs. Is this a good enough one to keep? I'm not interested in re-rolling constantly to get the best possible one, I just want something passable that I won't be gimped by later on.

Should I keep this?

Not something you want to build a team around. But if you just want to play, go for it. You may get lucky with you're next pull. Never know. My first pull was a Ceres that I've never used.

Personally I very much regret not rerolling to at least have one good rare monster. I have a lot of useful stuff, rippers, healers, mystic knights and so on, but the only monster I have that is rare-machine-only is a crappy Fafnir. And that's not likely to change anytime soon since I'm in Europe and can't buy stones.

If/when the game is released over here I will probably reroll, and Shiva/Lakshmi/Parvati will be right at the top of the wish list.

My (and ParityBit's) Marine Rider laughs at your Farnir. Honestly, I just think the intial pull helps you initially. I've done a few Rare pulls (2 Fairlio's, Mermaid, StD, Dragon Knight) and while they aren't godly, are enough to keep me going. Rippers seem to be the most versitile (Great leader/active skills and good stats and those can be had in plenty of places. I'm at lvl70 now and just keep trucking along, no 'epic' monsters.

That being said, I have 14 stones built up now and I'll be doing 1-2 pulls on the 28th. Just hold up these 1stone a day thing they have going on and do a pull during the 28th if you need an injection.

I forgot who posted it (cpp maybe?) about his epiphany about using stones for pulls vs. stamina/boxes. It is quite something when you think about it

tl:dr - don't worry too much about not starting with an 'OMG EPIC MONSTER'

Slottm

Neo Member
Sorry, but I highly disagree. Let's look at varying instances of stone usage:

The one everyone loves to talk about, max lvl zeus, +297, used all stones on stamina recovery. Why was he able to do this? He rerolled several times, acquired the monsters he was looking for to build a Zeus team from the start. Once he had those monsters, he had absolutely zero need for using stones on anything aside from maxing out his team. A valkyrie segways extremely well into zeus. Several players that played the JP version of the game made their team choices from the start of the game, knowing they'd be working strictly on a zeus team and skipping things such as legendary/master dragon runs, so they could be ready to smash them with a maxed out zeus team when the time came. Most of us didn't even know Zeus existed back then. He's a bad example to use compared to general players.

Reasons for rerolling: Well, I always like to advocate the following 2 strategies in this game. One is attrition, slicing something's health down slowly, while being rather hard to kill (ie; using 2 resist dragons, odin + a healer, etc) Or option 2: Kill it before it kills you.

Let's look at 2 examples of teams against something like Hera. You could go in with CDD + Odin, rainbow keeper, 2 maxed sirens and lilith, and take 3 and a half hours. You could go in with a 2 parvati team and beat the dungeon within 10 minutes. Which is more desirable? Option 2.

Let's look at your choices for option 2, if you don't start with a particular leader. You could run an ADK team (farmable, glass cannon type team, not that safe, relies on echidna) You could farm a dark team (vampire leader, can run with a loki friend)

These are realistically the only two farmable teams at the moment - the best you can do outside of this, is a 2x damage multiplier. (starter dragons, mechs)

Teams with a 2x damage/Rcv or 1.5x rcv atk hp X2 have a significant lead, can carry your team into end game, and if you get one off the bat, you aren't relying on luck to acquire it later. In my 30ish rare stone pulls, I have yet to receive one of these types of gods, rolling on 2 different godfests. It's a pain, and if I were to get something like a freyr or lakshmi now, which have the possibility to formulate a stronger team than my ADK team? Well, i spent all of my resources on green/dark monsters which have no place on a blue or red team.

I'd really strongly suggest rerolling, while it's more painful now, it'll make the rest of your experience much easier than if you hadn't done it.

My 2 cents.

ParityBit

My (and ParityBit's) Marine Rider laughs at your Farnir. Honestly, I just think the intial pull helps you initially. I've done a few Rare pulls (2 Fairlio's, Mermaid, StD, Dragon Knight) and while they aren't godly, are enough to keep me going. Rippers seem to be the most versitile (Great leader/active skills and good stats and those can be had in plenty of places. I'm at lvl70 now and just keep trucking along, no 'epic' monsters.

That being said, I have 14 stones built up now and I'll be doing 1-2 pulls on the 28th. Just hold up these 1stone a day thing they have going on and do a pull during the 28th if you need an injection.

I forgot who posted it (cpp maybe?) about his epiphany about using stones for pulls vs. stamina/boxes. It is quite something when you think about it

tl:dr - don't worry too much about not starting with an 'OMG EPIC MONSTER'

Yeah sorry, I edited it. I had 2 many 2's on the brain!

Haha. Marine Rider. Every time I see it's image, I wait for it to smirk at me. Then I can feed it to one of my rippers!

The one everyone loves to talk about, max lvl zeus, +297, used all stones on stamina recovery. Why was he able to do this? He rerolled several times, acquired the monsters he was looking for to build a Zeus team from the start. Once he had those monsters, he had absolutely zero need for using stones on anything aside from maxing out his team. A valkyrie segways extremely well into zeus. Several players that played the JP version of the game made their team choices from the start of the game, knowing they'd be working strictly on a zeus team and skipping things such as legendary/master dragon runs, so they could be ready to smash them with a maxed out zeus team when the time came. Most of us didn't even know Zeus existed back then. He's a bad example to use compared to general players.

Reasons for rerolling: Well, I always like to advocate the following 2 strategies in this game. One is attrition, slicing something's health down slowly, while being rather hard to kill (ie; using 2 resist dragons, odin + a healer, etc) Or option 2: Kill it before it kills you.

Let's look at 2 examples of teams against something like Hera. You could go in with CDD + Odin, rainbow keeper, 2 maxed sirens and lilith, and take 3 and a half hours. You could go in with a 2 parvati team and beat the dungeon within 10 minutes. Which is more desirable? Option 2.

Let's look at your choices for option 2, if you don't start with a particular leader. You could run an ADK team (farmable, glass cannon type team, not that safe, relies on echidna) You could farm a dark team (vampire leader, can run with a loki friend)

These are realistically the only two farmable teams at the moment - the best you can do outside of this, is a 2x damage multiplier. (starter dragons, mechs)

Teams with a 2x damage/Rcv or 1.5x rcv atk hp X2 have a significant lead, can carry your team into end game, and if you get one off the bat, you aren't relying on luck to acquire it later. In my 30ish rare stone pulls, I have yet to receive one of these types of gods, rolling on 2 different godfests. It's a pain, and if I were to get something like a freyr or lakshmi now, which have the possibility to formulate a stronger team than my ADK team? Well, i spent all of my resources on green/dark monsters which have no place on a blue or red team.

I'd really strongly suggest rerolling, while it's more painful now, it'll make the rest of your experience much easier than if you hadn't done it.

My 2 cents.

You can get rippers and siren without rolling, so 2x resist + manual heal, and healer/odin are possible using a friends odin

These 4 teams (the 2 i mentioned plus your 2) will carry you through probably every dungeon in the game with sufficient levels

ToxicAdam

While your logic is all sound and you give good advice, the reality is that not everyone is going to play this game until the point where the ideal builds are the only way to progress.

Nor is everyone going to have the patience to continually reroll until they get those few Gods/pets that are needed for endgame stuff. They will burnout on the game even before they start.

That's why I always recommend to newbies to just play. Play, make mistakes and learn more about the game. Then once you get to about level 40ish and are stalled out in a certain dungeon .. then you will see the value in your advice and can make the decision to reroll and go for one of the ideal builds.

TimeKillr

My 2 cents.

Can you elaborate on the 2x parvati team? I have one and I'm curious about that... I figured she was crap, but I might be quite wrong. :)

Can you elaborate on the 2x parvati team? I have one and I'm curious about that... I figured she was crap, but I might be quite wrong. :)

Try it once. Better to experience for yourself. Just stick parvati and 4 green subs in there with a parvati helper. Youll see, i dont want to ruin the surprise :)

TimeKillr

Try it once. Better to experience for yourself. Just stick parvati and 4 green subs in there with a parvati helper. Youll see, i dont want to ruin the surprise :)

4 green subs? Like what, 4 green rippers (I could actually do that! I have one already, just need to grind the other 3...)

I don't think I have anyone in my list who has a Parvati, or they're never up, so...

And should she be evolved? I can grind to get her there...

Do evolve your Parvati; despite the in-game description not changing she does gain a better leader skill. There's a reason why she's currently one of the best Gods in the game...

An ADK is also recommended as a party member for his orb changing ability.

Slottm

Neo Member
Cpp - i do know that team is entirely farmable outside of the odin, it was more of a matter of showing that the farmable team takes exponentially more time to clear for the same reward.

Timekillr: Leader effects are multiplicative. While Parvati only says 1.5x hp and atk, you get the bonus to 3 stats. Mix this with another parvati, and you have a 2.25X HP ATK and RCV team. This means you have a team with a lot of hp, a decent amount of damage, and a good amount of recovery. You can easily hit 20-40000 HP on this team, with enough damage to take out almost anything. Eating a hit for 12k is almost meaningless, since your recovery is somewhere around 4000-5000 with a single match of 3 heart orbs.

Lastly, I'm not saying he has to reroll. I've completed everything in the game thus far without rerolling for a god. It just takes a lot more effort, a lot more "subs" leveled, such as various ripper dragons, healers leveled, resists/stallers etc. It's a lot more farming and leveling various monsters instead of focusing strictly on one team.

Timekillr: to further elaborate: Various common team compositions (For general dungeon killing, note if the team is good enough it can be taken into "harder" dungeons):

2x Zeus - this is a 9x damage bonus for everything on your team while you're full HP.
2x ADK (one of the more common farmable teams) 6.25X damage to every dragon on your team
2x Valkyrie, 6.25X damage to all healers on your team.

(Norse god here represents monsters such as Freyr, Freyja, Loki, Idunn &Idunna, and uhh Thor?) These monsters give 2x attack, 2x RCV to same color
Hindu gods are 1.5x Attack, recovery and HP

Options here are: 4x attack 4x RCV (2x norse)
3x ATK 3x RCV 1.5X HP (1 norse 1 hindu)
2.25X atk, 2.25x RCV 2.25X HP (2 hindu)

Edit: Since there's a lot of talk about rippers: Rippers are not good monsters for an every day team. Their skill: 20000 damage every 15 turns may seem good at early levels, but it's not very good as your team progresses. They're good in the fact that they're easily available (ie; can be farmed), they aren't hard to level, and they serve 2 purposes: A temporary spot on a team until you get something better, and their resist.
A better option for a specialized team involves orb changers: For Parvati, this includes ADK (ancient dragon knight, turns fire orbs into wood). Cu Challain (Heart orbs into wood) Parvati herself offers water into wood. Other notable monsters for the team are susano (5 turns 50% damage reduction). The stronger your team is, the stronger orb changers become. A simple cooldown of an orb change can turn into hundreds of thousands of damage, rather than a static 20 on a semi long cooldown from a ripper.

4 green subs? Like what, 4 green rippers (I could actually do that! I have one already, just need to grind the other 3...)

I don't think I have anyone in my list who has a Parvati, or they're never up, so...

I believe its essentially like the 2xADK team but with Green. Just use any 4 green monsters you have plus 2 leader Pavarti's. Epic damage is epic

Yea evolve her is better but doable without. ADK sub is good because of orb change, but not strictly necessary. Rippers are fine, mechdragon is ok too but at most 1 mech because you dont want to gimp your rcv too much. Mostly just put your 4 best green monsters in there. The stronger the better, but even if theyre weak youll be surprised

I believe its essentially like the 2xADK team but with Green. Just use any 4 green monsters you have plus 2 leader Pavarti's. Epic damage is epic

Its not really just about the damage.

Put it this way. Im pretty sure e fastest possible rainbow keeper kill that is SAFE (eg not a kill or be killed team) is 2x parvat wood team, 2x lakshmi water team, or 2x shiva fire team. Havent actually tried this, but im going to later. Lakshmi is probably safest (and fastest) because you get high rcv with siren sub, and you can use a neptune sub as well for poison. Although at that speed the poison probably wouldnt even do much damage

Cpp - i do know that team is entirely farmable outside of the odin, it was more of a matter of showing that the farmable team takes exponentially more time to clear for the same reward.

Timekillr: Leader effects are multiplicative. While Parvati only says 1.5x hp and atk, you get the bonus to 3 stats. Mix this with another parvati, and you have a 2.25X HP ATK and RCV team. This means you have a team with a lot of hp, a decent amount of damage, and a good amount of recovery. You can easily hit 20-40000 HP on this team, with enough damage to take out almost anything. Eating a hit for 12k is almost meaningless, since your recovery is somewhere around 4000-5000 with a single match of 3 heart orbs.

Lastly, I'm not saying he has to reroll. I've completed everything in the game thus far without rerolling for a god. It just takes a lot more effort, a lot more "subs" leveled, such as various ripper dragons, healers leveled, resists/stallers etc. It's a lot more farming and leveling various monsters instead of focusing strictly on one team.

Timekillr: to further elaborate: Various common team compositions (For general dungeon killing, note if the team is good enough it can be taken into "harder" dungeons):

2x Zeus - this is a 9x damage bonus for everything on your team while you're full HP.
2x ADK (one of the more common farmable teams) 6.25X damage to every dragon on your team

(Norse god here represents monsters such as Freyr, Freyja, Loki, Idunn &Idunna, and uhh Thor?) These monsters give 2x attack, 2x RCV to same color

I guess the difference is you are actually playing the game vs. playing the tutorial. Only way i'd reroll is during a god event or something with increased chances. It's just too much of a crap shoot otherwise.

Slottm

Neo Member
CPP, the most mindless/safe/quick rainbow keeper kill is odin/healer leaders, 2 hera, 1 light mech + neptune (or 2 light mechs). This will take out a rainbow keeper in like 3 minutes :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'll try have my Arch Hades up most of the day for those doing Rainbow keeper, resist&HP reduction seems good for him ;)

Cipherr

Oh wow, about 3 hours later and I'm still playing this. Got a cupid and just continued instead of constantly rerolling.

Damn this is a mobile game thats actually worth a shit. Color me surprised. This is extremely fun.

TimeKillr

Edit: Since there's a lot of talk about rippers: Rippers are not good monsters for an every day team. Their skill: 20000 damage every 15 turns may seem good at early levels, but it's not very good as your team progresses. They're good in the fact that they're easily available (ie; can be farmed), they aren't hard to level, and they serve 2 purposes: A temporary spot on a team until you get something better, and their resist.
A better option for a specialized team involves orb changers: For Parvati, this includes ADK (ancient dragon knight, turns fire orbs into wood). Cu Challain (Heart orbs into wood) Parvati herself offers water into wood. Other notable monsters for the team are susano (5 turns 50% damage reduction). The stronger your team is, the stronger orb changers become. A simple cooldown of an orb change can turn into hundreds of thousands of damage, rather than a static 20 on a semi long cooldown from a ripper.

Thanks again. I'll look into this.

If I look at what I have that is "good", here's my stable, essentially:
Red: Echidna, should get the ripper by the end of the week.
Blue: Evolved Lakshmi, evolved Siren, ripper by the end of the week
Green: Parvati, ADK, ripper
White: Mechdragon, Thor(he's crap though it seems), evolved Genie, Angelion, Great Valk, ripper, Ammy
Black: Mechdragon, Vritra (he's crap apparently too), CDK, ripper, evolved Lilith, vamp lord

Essentially, what I want that I do not currently have or can evolve to:
Orochi
Odin
Shiva
Hades

Other than Hera and Zeus, which I am building teams towards for (I saw a good team for hera is resolve + 4x harpies for low HP + auto healer) I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. I'll probably buy an 85 stone pack this thursday and hope I get at least one of the 4 I'd like so I can start building even stronger.

And it's sapphire dragons for B again! Why is it always the same??

And it's sapphire dragons for B again! Why is it always the same??

I don't get why people keep saying this. It's not always the same. In fact I don't think it's ever the same. Every time there's jewel dragons, it's supposed to cycle. Next time there's Jewel dragons, the first window of the day should not be sapphire for group B. And the time before this, I don't think it was sapphire during the first window of the day for group B

Here's the post from 2/23, the last time we had Jewel.

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 Sapphire (Ruby)16:00 Emerald (Sapphire) 21:00 Ruby (Emerald)
B: 12:00 Emerald (Sapphire) 17:00 Ruby (Emerald)22:00 Sapphire (Ruby)
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
I believe it was Emerald that time.  Or at least it was supposed to be unless there was a bug, because if you read down the column top to bottom it's supposed to say S > E > R > S > E

Here's the occurence from the time before that:

[US] Dragon Guardian Drop% x 2 starts at 12 PST and lasts for 12 hours.

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/16/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 Emerald 13:00 Ruby 18:00 Sapphire
B: 9:00 Ruby 14:00 Sapphire 19:00 Emerald
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby

was ruby here.

It just cycles. Next time the 9:00 AM window will be Ruby again, and then Emerald after that.

Edit: Seems I missed a few in between. Looks like Group B has started with Sapphire every time since the 16th. So yea, that's weird. Guess it's a bug.

Timekiller, it'll work well with a Freyja as well (which offers 2x attack/rcv)

Freyja doesn't offer the hidden HP bonus though, which is one of the main reasons the build is safe when you would otherwise need resist. only the Hindu gods (Shiva/Lakshmi/Parvati) do

Slottm

Neo Member

White: Mechdragon, Thor(he's crap though it seems), evolved Genie, Angelion, Great Valk, ripper, Ammy
Black: Mechdragon, Vritra (he's crap apparently too), CDK, ripper, evolved Lilith, vamp lord

Orochi
Odin
Shiva
Hades

Other than Hera and Zeus, which I am building teams towards for (I saw a good team for hera is resolve + 4x harpies for low HP + auto healer) I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. I'll probably buy an 85 stone pack this thursday and hope I get at least one of the 4 I'd like so I can start building even stronger.

You do not need to be going with a harpie build if you have a great valk. I feel like you have a rather strong monster box and simply don't realize it. Things you could focus on:

Great valkyrie - this would work well with your healers/siren/echidna, works well with a friend's viper orichi if you need resolve, and allows for a strong team against Hera. The harpie team is very weak compared to this.

You have 2/3 hindu gods. This means you can focus on either a strong blue team or strong green team. Either is viable, Green is easier to put together. (ADKs being more easily farmable than fenrir knights)

Your vrtra is fantastic on resolve teams, or if you took in valk + healers + vrtra with a friends' viper, another strong team at your disposal.

Hades isnt necessary at all - you can farm hera for the same effect, essentially. What team have you normally been running with?

Orochi
Odin
Shiva
Hades

No wonder you've never used Parvati, your box is full of amazing shit. You might even be able to 0-stone Hera without using a Resolve team in the future...

Oh wow, about 3 hours later and I'm still playing this. Got a cupid and just continued instead of constantly rerolling.

Damn this is a mobile game thats actually worth a shit. Color me surprised. This is extremely fun.

Cupid is good. She's actually farmable, but with difficulty which isn't worth it to some. She turns into Archangel later which is one of the top 3 healers in the game. So I'd say that's an ok roll, certainly not worth fretting over the fact that you didn't get something better

TimeKillr

You do not need to be going with a harpie build if you have a great valk. I feel like you have a rather strong monster box and simply don't realize it. Things you could focus on:

Great valkyrie - this would work well with your healers/siren/echidna, works well with a friend's viper orichi if you need resolve, and allows for a strong team against Hera. The harpie team is very weak compared to this.

You have 2/3 hindu gods. This means you can focus on either a strong blue team or strong green team. Either is viable, Green is easier to put together. (ADKs being more easily farmable than fenrir knights)

Your vrtra is fantastic on resolve teams, or if you took in valk + healers + vrtra with a friends' viper, another strong team at your disposal.

Hades isnt necessary at all - you can farm hera for the same effect, essentially. What team have you normally been running with?

Thanks for the input!

When I'm just doing random farming stuff (like doing technicals for pengdras, or farming rust mechdragon expert for xp) it's essentially ADK + green ripper + white ripper + black ripper + CDK + a friend ADK. I'm working on replacing the white ripper in this team with either another ADK, another CDK or ripper (black or black, doesn't matter, since I have both lil's).

When I'm doing daily dragons, I use vamp lord + 4 black poisoners (evolved lilith + 3 succubus). It works super well, and saves up a ton of time if I run into a king.

That's essentially it, really. I know that Vritra is awesome in resolve teams, and I should use it in there (like when I was doing rainbow keeper today - if I swapped my meteor dragon for the vritra, I guess I would've killed him MUCH MUCH faster).

So against Hera, you'd say Great Valk + Siren/Lilith/Echidna and maybe my Ammy? + orochi would be good? I'd never considered it, honestly. That could very well work.

Right now I've been focusing on getting each ripper, mostly for their damage reduction, then I wanted to focus on leveling up some of my stronger monsters, so I know what I should do now.

Slottm

Neo Member
Yes Timekillr - I'd highly suggest you set your focus to one of two teams. Your green team or your valk team. Valk team has a huge setback of being low health, but it's rather versatile and can kill almost anything. Parvati team is just a power house with decent damage, over average health/rcv. Rippers are nice and all, but they arent really necessary if you have a proper parvati team made up.

TimeKillr

Yes Timekillr - I'd highly suggest you set your focus to one of two teams. Your green team or your valk team. Valk team has a huge setback of being low health, but it's rather versatile and can kill almost anything. Parvati team is just a power house with decent damage, over average health/rcv. Rippers are nice and all, but they arent really necessary if you have a proper parvati team made up.

So if I went green, I need what?

Evolved Parvati + ADKx2(?) + Green ripper + something else? I know the rippers aren't perfect, but then I'm not sure what I should add to this team.

A Great Valk team would be easy too since I already have everything I need, really, and it would allow me to focus on my Ammy too a bit.

So if I went green, I need what?

Evolved Parvati + ADKx2(?) + Green ripper + something else? I know the rippers aren't perfect, but then I'm not sure what I should add to this team.
Cu Cthulhu for that heart->wood orb change skill. Maybe Freyja if you can manage to pull her from gacha.

Slottm

Neo Member
Well, let's narrow this down since you seem to have this large scope of trying to do too many things at once. This is something common to a lot of people in this game - losing focus and trying to accomplish too much.

Let's look at the following you mentioned:

What purpose does ameterasu serve your team? While Ameterasu is OK for certain encounters...she loses functionality as you progress. That 4000 heal a turn turns from a full heal into well.. putting a bandaid on a gushing wound. She's absolutely not necessary, and you're typically better served with a max skill siren as a sub member than ameterasu as a main member. Note - months ago when everyone was kind of weak and didn't have such good helpers, ameterasu was a fantastic way to clear out a lot of content. She's lost a lot of her luster as the game opened up and progressed.

Let's look at common valkyrie team compositions - Note, having a valkyrie segways very well into a zeus team, but first we must identify...what is your goal in this game? Ideally, you must focus on a team and / or certain monsters to clear out various dungeons. Preparing for the event you're looking forward to must be your #1 priority. Will the sky dragon el dorado help you at all? Probably not - so while you can probably clear him if you level up a red ripper, in the grand scheme of things, it's most likely a lost cause (and eventually you could just kill him with a zeus or lakshmi team)

Valkyrie team compositions typically involve a max skill siren (note - max skill siren is fantastic on multiple teams. If yours isn't max skill, i'd highly suggest this) Echidna's are fantastic here as well. Lilith is a niche monster only great versus certain bosses. Another two honorable mentions on the team are rainbow keeper (high hp, defensive cooldown but doesn't benefit from the damage bonus) or verche - dark -> light conversion, which allows you to cover all of the colors on your team. Team with a valkyrie for damage dealing, and resolve if the dungeon calls for it. Valkyrie is great against all normal dungeons, tech dungeons, and hera. It's not useful versus Zeus or two heroes.

Parvati team will take more work to get useful. ADKs are useful team members, red -> green. Cu Challain is fantastic, farmable (from two heroes) and provides hearts -> wood orbs. Other useful monsters are susano, a green golem if leveled up(note you can skill these up with keepers). Mechs are good for high HP and attack. Rippers aren't really useful at all, but you can use it temporarily on the team. An honorable mention is always an echidna on the team, for delay on attacks (this always helps)

You can most likely use your parvati team versus two heroes to farm cu challain if you get it leveled enough. You most likely cannot Zeus. Dark teams (notably you can farm a vampire, farm 2 heras, use an echidna and perhaps a CDK with a loki of zeus friend) and minimize your stone usage on clearing out zeus.

Leveling rippers will allow you to farm more content, but is this content absolutely necessary for you to have now, or can it wait til later?

Lets look at various hera compositions if you go after her. A common, extremely safe one is:

CDD leader, rainbow keeper, 2 max skill sirens, lilith, and odin friend. This is extremely safe but takes forever. Easily can get through with 0 stones

Valkyrie team w/ orochi helper can clear this dungeon quickly but also requires manual healing. However, missing a heal in this case is fatal.

Id highly suggest just picking something like:

I want a blue team! or I want to work on my green team! or valk team, or whatever. I'd like to suggest that your parvati team will probably carry you the furthest unless you want to segway the valkyrie team into a zeus team. Meh, typing books. You just need to pick something and once you decide what you want to focus on, it's a lot easier to think of what you need to proceed with it.

I would love to have a Valkyrie. I have tons of healers that would go great in a Valk-healer team... (Siren 5*, Lilith 5*, Echidna 4*, + extra NAGA and Mermaid)

will I draw one any time soon? Probably not,

Lets look at various hera compositions if you go after her. A common, extremely safe one is:

CDD leader, rainbow keeper, 2 max skill sirens, lilith, and odin friend. This is extremely safe but takes forever. Easily can get through with 0 stones

Really? That is a viable Hera team? I am really close to this one (I have a Chaos Devil Dragon, Rainbow Keepers are easy, have a 5* lilith, and am halfway to that 2 max skill sirens... Hera is sounding possible now...

J0dy77

Cupid while not extremely rare is still a good early game character to build around. Having your own auto healer is a big advantage.

Slottm

Neo Member
Zippedpinhead, yes, its an extremely safe team that makes it nearly impossible to die with. You can eat 2 hits from hera (if you lapse and forget what you're doing) before having to manually heal fully. The only problem with the team is it seriously takes like 3 hours to do. You can swap out the rainbow keeper if you're feeling like playing a little riskier. Last time I did it with CDD, Hera (yep, using her against herself), 2 sirens, lilith, odin and cleared the dungeon in about 45 minutes to an hour.

Slottm

Neo Member
Iladmy - she's OK but farmable. I'd suggest rerolling until you get a god (norse or hindu) I pointed them out several posts back I believe.

Zippedpinhead, yes, its an extremely safe team that makes it nearly impossible to die with. You can eat 2 hits from hera (if you lapse and forget what you're doing) before having to manually heal fully. The only problem with the team is it seriously takes like 3 hours to do. You can swap out the rainbow keeper if you're feeling like playing a little riskier. Last time I did it with CDD, Hera (yep, using her against herself), 2 sirens, lilith, odin and cleared the dungeon in about 45 minutes to an hour.

What kind of levels are we talking about with these monsters now? 30-50, 50-70, or 99 all?

Slottm - But...I want the best of everything!!! :)

I've been doing a lot with an ADKx2 plus 4 ripper team but I will admit - it is probably nearing the end of the road for them. There are some bosses that are just too difficult. So, I am considering changing up my focus.

If I was to consider a Parvati team, this is what I have:
Parvati (of course)
Odin
Wood Mech Warrior Asgard
Highlander
ADK (with a second on its way)
Mandrake (fairly close to Alarune)
Fortoytops
Graviton Earth Dragon
Ice Armor Ogre

I also do have a fully evolved Echidna. Do I have a good foundation?

I'd also be curious about a Valk team but I only have one Siren (fully evolved, skill level 4 I think).

Thanks for the input!

Slottm

Neo Member
Slottm - But...I want the best of everything!!! :)

I've been doing a lot with an ADKx2 plus 4 ripper team but I will admit - it is probably nearing the end of the road for them. There are some bosses that are just too difficult. So, I am considering changing up my focus.

If I was to consider a Parvati team, this is what I have:
Parvati (of course)
Odin
Wood Mech Warrior Asgard
Highlander
ADK (with a second on its way)
Mandrake (fairly close to Alarune)
Fortoytops
Graviton Earth Dragon
Ice Armor Ogre

I also do have a fully evolved Echidna. Do I have a good foundation?

I'd also be curious about a Valk team but I only have one Siren (fully evolved, skill level 4 I think).

Thanks for the input!

You have pretty much a dream team. Take in parvati, take in the wood mech (feed it keepers, get it to 15 turns) Level up that high lander, take in 2 adks. Bam, amazing team set. You can also swap out the mech, he's more situational if you need the defensive cooldown, but 2 adk + highlander is HUGE for parvati team. Hopefully you got to skill up the adks a bit.

There are fantastic write ups about this stuff on the facebook group, if any of you guys are members there (hopefully this doesn't come across as cross promoting since I don't know the rules about that stuff here) but it has some good info about mono color teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom