• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Take a breather, log in once a day for the bonus and to refresh your leader for your friends, and prepare for special dungeons when they roll around. Are you interested at all in getting a Hera, a Zeus? That's what endgame feels like.

This is what I did for like, 2 weeks. I got bored farming for nothing. I still don't have the parts for a Hera or Zeus team, but I've got my Odin and a few Ama Ohkami friends, so I can manage through most lower level stuff.

I'm back into things and trying to decide what route to take with my team (getting my 4th and 5th ripper tomorrow if I can get those rainbow sperms to drop). Just gotta take a breather and come back when you're ready.

MicH

Threw Gungho $5 dollars, rolled a Mystic Flame Knight. Of course now I'll finally see one and get it to drop in Sky Dragon, lol.

These god fests are bad for the community here. Everyone expects to roll 4 coveted gods in 4 rolls and it never happens. They get angry and want to quit. My rolls do very little for the overall progression of my team but I still have a ton of stuff to do. Gungho has thrown us tons of free stones since I started playing, between download milestones, holidays, anniversaries. It's hard to complain as a casual player.

I'll just keep plugging away at dungeons, hoping for more free stones and God events, 5.0 relase, more mobs to gain. Just have fun playing the game, don't focus on getting trolled by the Gacha.

I've spent $15 total on the game and have been playing religiously since January, I gave Gungho the $ to support a game I've gotten many hours of enjoyment from.
Yeah, expectations are way too high. You don't get a great God in less than 5 rolls? Fuck Gungho. You get a few Gods, but not what you want? Bullshit, Gungho.

In reality, if you want a decent amount of Gods and not be disappointed you really need to throw some money on the table.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is what I did for like, 2 weeks. I got bored farming for nothing. I still don't have the parts for a Hera or Zeus team, but I've got my Odin and a few Ama Ohkami friends, so I can manage through most lower level stuff.

I'm back into things and trying to decide what route to take with my team (getting my 4th and 5th ripper tomorrow if I can get those rainbow sperms to drop). Just gotta take a breather and come back when you're ready.

I think that's my problem. I tend to be a nownonwonownonwonwonwonow kinda guy, and this game is really all about the slow grind.

Yeah, expectations are way too high. You don't get a great God in less than 5 rolls? Fuck Gungho. You get a few Gods, but not what you want? Bullshit, Gungho.

In reality, if you want a decent amount of Gods and not be disappointed you really need to throw some money on the table.

you roll a Shardra? Fuck Gungho!

but I agree. Hoping for *GodX* is just a recipe for disaster. There are so many things to pull and the rates are so low than hoping for a specific pull is just bad. 2/3 of my pulls we're gods (Orchi, Pavati). Nither of which I was HOPING for, but i'm sure they'll help.

Radav

I've spent $15 total on the game and have been playing religiously since January, I gave Gungho the $ to support a game I've gotten many hours of enjoyment from.

Yeah I've spent almost $60 total on the game now and don't have any regrets. I don't see myself slowing down any time soon either. I foresee myself trying to cap some of my key monsters and hope to collect a few more as time goes by. I can see where some of you are coming from though. It's a really fun game that could stand to have some tweaks made to the formula is all I'd say. I'd be curious to see if they change anything with a console version. Can they keep the same IAP model if the game came out for the ps3? Or would they make a bunch of changes to the game to fit the console market? I also think there's a lot of room for creativity in their boss fights that they haven't explored yet. I would love to see the bosses use more special moves that messed with the board anything beyond just doing a ton of dmg or having ridiculously high defense would be a welcome change.

Im probably in the top 3 spenders here, and i can attest to the strategy of not pulling unless either a) you really and truly dont care what you get, or b) youre willing to go all in until you get something youre satisfied with. Really. Nothing feels worse than stopping when you dont have shit to show for it.

Ironically, ill often say to myself "i really dont want to spend more than X stones this time, but im not stopping until Y". Then Y will happen at X+5 stones (the next pull).

But because of that, its not for everyone. For those people, i would just recommend staying away from the machine entirely, and use 100% of your stones on stamina refills and monster boxes

TimeKillr

So as a Great Valk team composition, how is this?

Great Valk + 2 Siren the Enchanter + 2 Echidna the Red Empress?

I would essentially never die, but the low HP is scaring me a bit. I have other healers I can bring, too -

Evolved Lilith
2 Alraunes

So I'm kind of unsure as to what to do right now with that team composition.

Did a few more pulls:

Venus (what teams is she good for?)
Viper Orochi (second one today, guess i can level him up)
Archangel (dupe, worth keeping two?)
Beast Rider (woo...)
Drall (dupe)
Dryad (dupe)

Could have been worse, I guess. Probably done spending money on this game now though.

ccbfan

I'm more annoyed about the lack of options if you don't have luck with rare pull.

ADK/Dragon team and nothing else.

Luckily with 5.0 they're fixing that with the Starter Dragons ultimate evolutions.

Did a few more pulls:

Venus (what teams is she good for?)
Viper Orochi (second one today, guess i can level him up)
Archangel (dupe, worth keeping two?)
Beast Rider (woo...)
Drall (dupe)
Dryad (dupe)

Could have been worse, I guess. Probably done spending money on this game now though.
Venus is pretty good. When 5.0 comes you can do a double light evolutio, and shes the only monster in the game that has that. Evolve your drall once and feed it for skillup chance. Level up your second orochi. Dump everything else

ccbfan

you roll a Shardra? Fuck Gungho!

but I agree. Hoping for *GodX* is just a recipe for disaster. There are so many things to pull and the rates are so low than hoping for a specific pull is just bad. 2/3 of my pulls we're gods (Orchi, Pavati). Nither of which I was HOPING for, but i'm sure they'll help.

Dear Lord, did you just complain about getting an Orochi and Parvati?

I would trade my entire monster box for one of those.

SaberVulcan

So question.

I pulled a Marine Rider about a week ago and pretty much think hes amazing due to the double-type thing he has going on. However, I also have an Alraune, who pretty much seems better in most regards, especially as leader. Should I not bother evolving and investing in the Marine Rider as soon as I can afford to run with Alraune full time on my team, leader or not?

I'm more annoyed about the lack of options if you don't have luck with rare pull.

ADK/Dragon team and nothing else.

Luckily with 5.0 they're fixing that with the Starter Dragons ultimate evolutions.

Not true.

Dark team is possible, double resist / manual heal is also possible. Single resist / auto heal is also possible. Resolve is possible. Healer / odin is possible

In fact the only thing that isnt possible is hindu gods and 2x valkyrie

ToxicAdam

So question.

I pulled a Marine Rider about a week ago and pretty much think hes amazing due to the double-type thing he has going on. However, I also have an Alraune, who pretty much seems better in most regards, especially as leader. Should I not bother evolving and investing in the Marine Rider as soon as I can afford to run with Alraune full time on my team, leader or not?

Yea, Marine Rider is a nice starting leader, but can only carry you so far. Level him up to about 30-40 and invest everything else into a good healer as they will carry you through the mid-levels.

SaberVulcan

Yea, Marine Rider is a nice starting leader, but can only carry you so far. Level him up to about 30-40 and invest everything else into a good healer as they will carry you through the mid-levels.

Okay, thanks.

Yeah from lurking here I figured out healers were pretty amazing, so I have been friending pretty much any random with a healer who I come across, and only swap in Alraune when I have none available to me. I dont ever use Marine Rider as my leader, as I also have a Vritra who is usually the leader (I also have ~3 dragons so hes more useful then Marine Rider anyway) if I don't need Alraune. I just like him on my team because of the double-typage, even though his water damage is piss poor.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not true.

Dark team is possible, double resist / manual heal is also possible. Single resist / auto heal is also possible. Resolve is possible. Healer / odin is possible

Actually is true. When you look at the teams needed to defeat content, you can farm most of the team members and just rely on your friends list for the rest. 90% of my teams are composed of my resist dragons or monsters I farmed using my resist dragons. Things just take longer if you don't do the pulls.

ccbfan

Not true.

While I don't really considered those end game teams but I see what you mean.

With enough prep time and some luck, you can pretty much finish every current normal and tech dungeon in the game so technically they are end game teams.

I finished all but three normal dungeons with basically a siren and 4 rippers plus a helper thats better than everyone in my party (Thanks Zelios, Kahuna, Nigomi, GC, Noci, BFG and whoever I forgot to mention)

Dear Lord, did you just complain about getting an Orochi and Parvati?

I would trade my entire monster box for one of those.

Wasn't complaining as much as saying, don't pull if you are HOPING for a certain monster. "Man i was hoping for Y, but ONLY got X....therefore /sad"

So question.

lolz Marine Rider. Don't evo him, stats are no good. His maxed out ass is staring at me all the time. Not using a rainbow keeper on him.

So as a Great Valk team composition, how is this?

Great Valk + 2 Siren the Enchanter + 2 Echidna the Red Empress?

I would essentially never die, but the low HP is scaring me a bit. I have other healers I can bring, too -

Evolved Lilith
2 Alraunes

So I'm kind of unsure as to what to do right now with that team composition.

With max skilled Sirens and Echidna's Menace you'll be able to shrug off any damage that comes your way, so as long as it doesn't one-shot you, you should be fine.

A few even leaders in JP have leader skills that buff HP/RCV of healer types by 1.5x, which helps with the low max HP aspect. I don't think there's a regular monster in P&D that has a similar ability yet.

Also the riders are by far the worst 5* monsters you can get out of gacha, unfortunately.

Wasn't complaining as much as saying, don't pull if you are HOPING for a certain monster. "Man i was hoping for Y, but ONLY got X....therefore /sad"

lolz Marine Rider. Don't evo him, stats are no good. His maxed out ass is staring at me all the time. Not using a rainbow keeper on him.

Err, the riders are amazing in a team of the corresponding colors led by hindu gods.

TimeKillr

With max skilled Sirens and Echidna's Menace you'll be able to shrug off any damage that comes your way, so as long as it doesn't one-shot you, you should be fine.

A few even leaders in JP have leader skills that buff HP/RCV of healer types by 1.5x, which helps with the low max HP aspect. I don't think there's a regular monster in P&D that has a similar ability yet.

Also the riders are by far the worst 5* monsters you can get out of gacha, unfortunately.

The Echidnas don't need to be max skilled, right?

My feeling is that today I'll farm like crazy to get my 2nd mermaid max skilled them evolve her as fast as possible so I have a verrry strong team for pretty much everything that won't one-shot me.

ToxicAdam

Okay, thanks.

Yeah from lurking here I figured out healers were pretty amazing, so I have been friending pretty much any random with a healer who I come across, and only swap in Alraune when I have none available to me. I dont ever use Marine Rider as my leader, as I also have a Vritra who is usually the leader (I also have ~3 dragons so hes more useful then Marine Rider anyway) if I don't need Alraune. I just like him on my team because of the double-typage, even though his water damage is piss poor.

thats the big problem with Marine Riders. They are only really useful in a leader role because they get a 2.5x boost on their attack. The problem with that, is that there arent any useful pets in their same class (ATTACK) to also benefit from that boost.

The Echidnas don't need to be max skilled, right?

My feeling is that today I'll farm like crazy to get my 2nd mermaid max skilled them evolve her as fast as possible so I have a verrry strong team for pretty much everything that won't one-shot me.

It'd be better if they were max skilled of course, but that's a slightly difficult proposition considering there's no way to farm them until Enquette Dungeon 4 hits the US (note the absence of the word "reliably").

thats the big problem with Marine Riders. They are only really useful in a leader role because they get a 2.5x boost on their attack. The problem with that, is that there arent any useful pets in their same class (ATTACK) to also benefit from that boost.

going to wholeheartedly disagree with all the rider hate. they require a specialized team, but are one of the best subs you can get on a 2x hindu god team imo

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I was thinking about something the past few days...Would it be of interest to compile a list of working teams? And by working I mean teams that can be used for Master+, special events, hard weekly dungeons, etc?

I mean, right now, the only team I run is Odin/Amaterasu Ohkami + 4 Rippers. That's largely because it's all I know I can run (even though I have a box of great monsters). I was considering the idea of putting together a doc with pics and monster levels/skills that people have used successfully to help give folks a good point to work towards.

One of the hardest things I've found about PAD is lack of direction. By putting together a strong team list that we can focus on to reliably take down certain dungeons, it will give a reason to grind and push forward.

Yay/nay?

TimeKillr

Another q: can you get more than one skillup from fusing?

As in, if I fuse my Mermaid with 5 marine goblins, could I potentially get 2 skillups? If not, I'll really go one at a time, because while the chance is still low, I'd rather have 5x a 1% chance (theorical!) and can proc it every 5 times than 5x 1% chance and can only proc once...

xCobalt

I think their stats are pretty good. The riders max out at around 1500 attack I think which is higher than ripper dragons and ADK.

The rider teams will definitely become more viable once 5.0 comes out. The devils get another evolution which will further increase their attack stat and there are some new monsters that have pretty good stats too.

ToxicAdam

going to wholeheartedly disagree with all the rider hate. they require a specialized team, but are one of the best subs you can get on a 2x hindu god team imo

My advice was for a new player. When you are first starting out you are limited by the amount of Gods/decent monsters you have access to and the restrictive team cost limit.

I wasn't advocating he throw the pet away, just not to throw so much fodder at it and level it up/evolve it. Better to focus all that on the healer instead as it will carry him much further than that Rider will.

Slottm

Neo Member
I was thinking about something the past few days...Would it be of interest to compile a list of working teams? And by working I mean teams that can be used for Master+, special events, hard weekly dungeons, etc?

I mean, right now, the only team I run is Odin/Amaterasu Ohkami + 4 Rippers. That's largely because it's all I know I can run (even though I have a box of great monsters). I was considering the idea of putting together a doc with pics and monster levels/skills that people have used successfully to help give folks a good point to work towards.

One of the hardest things I've found about PAD is lack of direction. By putting together a strong team list that we can focus on to reliably take down certain dungeons, it will give a reason to grind and push forward.

Yay/nay?

The reason for this is due to the fact that team make up relies entirely on what's available in your box. "Direction" is essentially telling you to strive for some form of combination of 2x indian, 2x norse or 1 indian 1 norse god leading your teams. Odin/reduction dragons are a crutch used to get you through content your normal team can't handle (yet). Other honorable mentions are 2x ADK (common since farmable) 2x zeus, 2x valkyrie, valkyrie + viper orochi.

But if I were to tell you about a vampire/loki team with CDK hera and yomi, and you have 1 of those monsters...it doesn't really help you out at all.

Slottm

Neo Member
Another q: can you get more than one skillup from fusing?

As in, if I fuse my Mermaid with 5 marine goblins, could I potentially get 2 skillups? If not, I'll really go one at a time, because while the chance is still low, I'd rather have 5x a 1% chance (theorical!) and can proc it every 5 times than 5x 1% chance and can only proc once...

Yes, you can get multiple skill ups feeding 5 monsters at a time. There was some study performed that I was only able to take some small portion of, so take this with a grain of salt (also I do not know the validity of it)

Under normal conditions, it seems best to feed 1 at a time.
Under 2x skill up, it mentioned feeding 5 at a time has a better success rate. Why? I'm really not sure here...so again, take it with a grain of salt.

TimeKillr

Yes, you can get multiple skill ups feeding 5 monsters at a time. There was some study performed that I was only able to take some small portion of, so take this with a grain of salt (also I do not know the validity of it)

Under normal conditions, it seems best to feed 1 at a time.
Under 2x skill up, it mentioned feeding 5 at a time has a better success rate. Why? I'm really not sure here...so again, take it with a grain of salt.

Weird. I think I'll stick to doing it one at a time, just for safety's sake.

OTIX

Scraped together 10 stones by pushing through some normal dungeons the last few days. The first pull is another crappy Fafnir. :(

Second pull was a Yomi however. I could see her being somewhat useful if I ever get a Vampire. Not gonna spend the xp at the moment though.

SaberVulcan

My advice was for a new player. When you are first starting out you are limited by the amount of Gods/decent monsters you have access to and the restrictive team cost limit.

I wasn't advocating he throw the pet away, just not to throw so much fodder at it and level it up/evolve it. Better to focus all that on the healer instead as it will carry him much further than that Rider will.

Which is what I was asking :). Thank you. Right now, I cannot afford to use Alraune on my team full time due to low level/limited team composition, while trying to keep 1 of each element.

I was thinking about something the past few days...Would it be of interest to compile a list of working teams? And by working I mean teams that can be used for Master+, special events, hard weekly dungeons, etc?...One of the hardest things I've found about PAD is lack of direction. By putting together a strong team list that we can focus on to reliably take down certain dungeons, it will give a reason to grind and push forward.

Yay/nay?

I am always interested in hearing about team compositions. I created a spreadsheet for my monsters that tracks their xp and evolve reqs but I also have tabs for teams and various notes.

I also did some pulls (tempted to do more, but trying to resist). I got:

+1 Dino Rider
+1 Lakshmi
+1 Ceres
+1 Lilith the Witch (dupe, but level 30 which is higher than my first)
+1 Toytops (fed to something as I have a full evolve version)

Anything to do with the dupe Lilith?

Today should be more Thursday runs for plants, maybe some jewel runs as I am low on colored dragons, and some Pendgras runs so I can make some box space.

hitoman

First time I've purchased stones for pull and i've never had luck pulling before. Had 5 pulls, first four a crap as usual, gave up on the last one and of course i get a 7 star fertility deity holy ceres. My first god. Gung Ho finally likes me. Though if I got crap I still would have been ok.

ToxicAdam

Which is what I was asking :). Thank you. Right now, I cannot afford to use Alraune on my team full time due to low level/limited team composition, while trying to keep 1 of each element.

You want to try to make your team bi-colored or tri-colored (at worst).

I know it sounds counterproductive to be making matches that do no damage, but having three pets that are the same color and you can make a 5 orb match means that every enemy will get hit with about 1200-2000 dmg (assuming their attack is in the 400-600 range). Even more than that if you hit them with a color that is their weakness.

So, each round you want to go for a 5 orb match of a color you have and then also clear out some of the null orbs that do no damage. With a Bi-color team, you can just keep switching back and forth every round.

octagon69

Banned
Made a mistake. Tried buying stones. First one said it errored. Did it again and now I have two on my credit card. Emailed Gungho. Anyone know if they will refund one of my purchases and how long it takes for them to reply?

Maybe I'll email my CC company.

Made a mistake. Tried buying stones. First one said it errored. Did it again and now I have two on my credit card. Emailed Gungho. Anyone know if they will refund one of my purchases and how long it takes for them to reply?

Maybe I'll email my CC company.

Google or Apple? If google, I think you have to contact google store

Jagernaut

Did 4 pulls.

1. Parvati Lv 6 - pulled a lv 30 Parvati 2 weeks ago that I still haven't used
2. Lilith witch of the night Lv 30 - pulled a regular Lilith last week
3. Mystic stone knight - fed to my Dragon knight but no skillup
4. Ice golem

I think the game is trolling me, really wanted a Shiva, Odin, or Amaterasu.

TimeKillr

I think Sea Cave is starting to hate me.

In my last 14 runs, I didn't get a single marine goblin. Makes me sad... All I want is to finish skilling up my mermaid!

octagon69

Banned
Google or Apple? If google, I think you have to contact google store

It's google and this is what google says about IAP:

In-app Purchase Policy
Some Android apps on Google Play allow you to purchase additional services or content from within the application. Here are some examples of in-app purchases:

A sword that gives you additional powers within a game
A key that unlocks additional features of a free application
Virtual currency that can be used within an application
In-app purchases are different than other Android app purchases on Google Play in two ways:

There is no 15-minute refund period - all refunds are at the discretion of the developer
Restoring in-app purchases are the responsibility of the developer

Gungho better wake up wherever they are in Japan and refund my stuff before I contact chase lol.

It's google and this is what google says about IAP:

In-app Purchase Policy
Some Android apps on Google Play allow you to purchase additional services or content from within the application. Here are some examples of in-app purchases:

A sword that gives you additional powers within a game
A key that unlocks additional features of a free application
Virtual currency that can be used within an application
In-app purchases are different than other Android app purchases on Google Play in two ways:

There is no 15-minute refund period - all refunds are at the discretion of the developer
Restoring in-app purchases are the responsibility of the developer

Gungho better wake up wherever they are in Japan and refund my stuff before I contact chase lol.

Yea but this isn't a refund issue, it's an issue of you never got it in the first place, which I believe is on Google's end. I don't think there's anything GungHo can do, but I could be wrong. If nothing else, you should try contact Google just to rule out that option.

TimeKillr

Did 4 pulls.

1. Parvati Lv 6 - pulled a lv 30 Parvati 2 weeks ago that I still haven't used
2. Lilith witch of the night Lv 30 - pulled a regular Lilith last week
3. Mystic stone knight - fed to my Dragon knight but no skillup
4. Ice golem

I think the game is trolling me, really wanted a Shiva, Odin, or Amaterasu.

Honestly, here's the lowdown.

2 Parvatis go really well together.

2 Liliths are very useful for mask or friday dungeons.

MSK: having 2 ADKs is also useful.

Ice Golem? It's good in a Lakshmi team.

Shiva is nice, but gimmicky. Odin is good, but so many people have an Odin that you can easily get one through friend leaders. Ammy? She's only good as a leader - her skill sucks (impossible to level and super long timer) and she has shitty stats. The only way she's good is if she's your leader, but as others have said a bunch of times, a Siren is an incredibly good auto-healer that is *ALSO* great to have in teams.

parasight

Wow. I got really lucky skilling up my Mermaid. Probably fed just a bit over 10 goblins to max her out. At least I have luck in some aspect of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom