• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKillr

There's definitely more gold eggs this time around. The Healer girl event helps with this as well as the 7* Greek Gods. Congrats on your great pulls, everybody!

Yeah, WAAAAY more. I got a ton...

I'm thinking I might get another 85 stones and see what I can get and stop for a while...

J0dy77

It looks like my luck has run out from last week. Took me 7 tries to get one dark worm yesterday and I got 3 plants total out of 6 Thursday runs this morning. With all of the bad god fest pulls being noted here. Hesitant to blow stones.

Musan

Made 5 pulls, got a Lakshmi, Yomi, Echidna, Sylph, and Lilith. Besides having an abundance of duplicate healers, looks like I'll be working on that dark team now.

Kosh

From GungHo Official FB Page:

LOG-IN BONUS UPDATE:

Scheduled for 02/28/2013

In Puzzle & Dragons you are able to receive a special bonus for logging into the game on multiple consecutive days. At certain milestones, you will receive unique rewards. Our operations team has made a slight adjustment to the way these bonuses will be delivered.

When the special log-in bonus is a Magic Stone or Monster, you will receive an in-game Mail from Admin directly notifying you of the bonus. Once you open this message, the bonus will be applied.

All other log-in bonuses will be treated the same way via the daily system message box. They will continue to take effect when you play for the first time on a new date.

Please note:
- Log-in bonuses do NOT expire
- Unopened Mail cannot be deleted

Hopefully these changes will make it more apparent when players are receiving rare or unique bonuses for consecutive daily log-ins.

Thank you for playing Puzzle & Dragons.

2 Pulls so far :

Shardra (dafuq Gungho?)
Viper Orchi : guess i'll start feeling the love now when i put this guy up.

Found I had one more PAL pull left :

Succubus : Redeemed! Can't tell you how many times I ran Mech dungeon hoping for her to drop. Have 6 stones left and debating whether or not to buy a pack....damn pulling is addictive

edit : did a 3rd pull. Pavarti. I'm ok with this. Must.Not.Buy.Stones.

i'm weak...

Kosh

‎[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/28/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to: (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
B: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby
C: 08:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 09:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

Five rolls so far. Amaterasu, Parvati, Ceres, Basilisk, and Mystic Ice Knight. Very happy with the first two, last three were all dupes. Fed the Ceres and Basilisk to Ama since both had +RCV, no skillup from the Ceres though.

Radav

Ok so I must have misread the announcement about all these 1st anniversary events when it was first made. I thought the godfest was going to go on for more then 1 day. These things make me so nervous cause I don't want to feel like my stones got wasted but the likelihood of that happening is oh so VERY high. I'm just going to pray that I get a Neptune as long as that happens I'll be happy. (totally just jinxed myself UGH. lol)

MicH

Ok so I must have misread the announcement about all these 1st anniversary events when it was first made. I thought the godfest was going to go on for more then 1 day. These things make me so nervous cause I don't want to feel like my stones got wasted but the likelihood of that happening is oh so VERY high. I'm just going to pray that I get a Neptune as long as that happens I'll be happy. (totally just jinxed myself UGH. lol)
They initially listed the God fest as a 48 hour event, but claimed it was a mistake and listed it as a 24 hour event instead. So you didn't misread anything :p

Radav

They initially listed the God fest as a 48 hour event, but claimed it was a mistake and listed it as a 24 hour event instead. So you didn't misread anything :p

Ah well that will do it. Sucks cause I should get my 60 day bonus on Saturday which would have gone towards a rare pull. In other news I just went through 6 runs of the Thurs. dungeon and got a dragon fruit on the last level 5 of the 6 times. lol

Stealth edit: Any reason to keep more then 1 Echidna the Red Empress? I got 2 more nagas running this weeks dragon dungeon. I don't really see much of a point to having more then 1 so I thought I'd just dump the other 2 on to my 5*. Any reason why I shouldn't do this?

J0dy77

Has anyone thought about backing up their PAD config before pulling for the godfest? What would be stopping someone from restoring over and over until you got something you wanted?

From GungHo Official FB Page:

LOG-IN BONUS UPDATE:

Scheduled for 02/28/2013

In Puzzle & Dragons you are able to receive a special bonus for logging into the game on multiple consecutive days. At certain milestones, you will receive unique rewards. Our operations team has made a slight adjustment to the way these bonuses will be delivered.

When the special log-in bonus is a Magic Stone or Monster, you will receive an in-game Mail from Admin directly notifying you of the bonus. Once you open this message, the bonus will be applied.

All other log-in bonuses will be treated the same way via the daily system message box. They will continue to take effect when you play for the first time on a new date.

Please note:
- Log-in bonuses do NOT expire
- Unopened Mail cannot be deleted

Hopefully these changes will make it more apparent when players are receiving rare or unique bonuses for consecutive daily log-ins.

Thank you for playing Puzzle & Dragons.

Monster login bonus? what is this??

If you log in for 30 consecutive days they give you 5 stones. I think you get 10 at 100, not sure if anything else in between.

right, but the quote says 'your login bonus is magic stone or monsters'. I've never heard of a monster login bonus, just the stones.

edit : whats the thought on Orchi? He's at level 6 now. You probably don't want to level up, right? Would kind of defeat the purpose of the leader skill.

ccbfan

I'm done with this game.

5 roll and 0 god.

Light swordman (Have some)
dragon rider (Useless compared to swordman)
pierdra (Useful but with so many dark neptunes around kinda useless)
naga (Got some)
machine golem (Sucks)

All crap.

Seriously 0 shit I'm going to use other than feed.

So after 15 roll since the start of the game, I have a total of 0 monster I'd use. I hit the pay wall. Finished all the technical dungeons. Have have 0 luck in my rolls that I have nothing I even want to bother to evolve and level up.

The ADK dragon is the only possible end game team I can make and most of the team is already done and until the different knight dragons dungeon appear, I'm not going to level up their skill.

I have nothing left to do.

ToxicAdam

Has anyone thought about backing up their PAD config before pulling for the godfest? What would be stopping someone from restoring over and over until you got something you wanted?

Doesn't work that way. Your file is just an identifier, Gungho keeps all the information on your stones, money, monsters, etc.

TimeKillr

My first pull was Parvati. I'm afraid to pull again...

Edit: Second pull viper orochi. I've definitely used up all my luck now right?

God damn that's nice.

I had a ton of really nice pulls this morning too, and I'm probably going to pull more later too, just for kicks (and hoping I get a god damn Viper Orochi).

All I want is a Viper Orochi. Seriously. Everything else I already have (that I can't farm) except *MAYBE* for an Odin but I have a *ton* of friends with Odins so it's not a huge deal. Orochi though, I want.

I'm wondering if Susano, evolved, is good in a Parvati team.

Paprikka

Decided to use my two pulls I had saved up and got:

Shardran
Green Odin (my second one)

Oh well, at least I still have plenty to work with from the earlier godfest so I'm not (too) tempted to buy more stones.

parasight

1. Titan
2. Mystic Light Knight
3. Green Odin
4. Mermaid

TERRIBLE pulls, but my 3rd one made it worth it. Still feel a bit burned. I still didn't have a Siren so picking up a Mermaid was actually good for me.

I already have the God Verche, should I feed MLK to him or is it worth evolving another one?

Slottm

Neo Member
I'm done with this game.

5 roll and 0 god.

Light swordman (Have some)
dragon rider (Useless compared to swordman)
pierdra (Useful but with so many dark neptunes around kinda useless)
naga (Got some)
machine golem (Sucks)

All crap.

Seriously 0 shit I'm going to use other than feed.

So after 15 roll since the start of the game, I have a total of 0 monster I'd use. I hit the pay wall. Finished all the technical dungeons. Have have 0 luck in my rolls that I have nothing I even want to bother to evolve and level up.

The ADK dragon is the only possible end game team I can make and most of the team is already done and until the different knight dragons dungeon appear, I'm not going to level up their skill.

I have nothing left to do.
And this my friends, is why I so heavily advocated rerolling until you got a good monster a few pages back. Now, ccbfan to at least somewhat aleviate your struggle (since well, I'm in the same boat - always rolled crap...last time I rolled was on new years (american) since I learned my lesson.
On the bright side, in 5.0 you can get "poverty" gods at the very least, allowing for monsters like brachys, dspinas or plesius to be slightly worse versions of norse gods. Also there are other random monsters with 2 different multipliers, such as the "christmas" dragons, which are multipliers of ATK and RCV i believe (or is it hp and recovery?) either way, its possible to formulate strong teams with less "luck". If you're feeling a bit lost, feel free to post your monster box and I'll try to provide you with direction, since I'm an ADK team currently (no other options) and have progressed through everything in the game currently, minus zeus or two heroes (skipped them). I'm also one of the people with the mentality that spending a stone on a death means you f'd up, and need to recalculate your plan :)

parasight

Dang, my friend did 2 pulls and got Parvati and Lakshmi. Keep in mind his second pull during the last GodFest was Parvati (First was Valk). So he now has 2. His account is blessed or something.

J0dy77

Did the two pulls I had stored up for the God Event:

Got a 5* Echidna - I have two level 4 Echidna's already that I'm close to evolving
Viper Orochi - Nice to have but have one I use from my iPad account and I have a Gigas for when I need resolve.

Is there ever a scenario where I would need 3 Echidna's?

I'm tempted to give them $5 just because I like the game so much but I'm coming to the end of the line with what I can do with the game without spending a obscene amount of money. Have all the mobs I can get through the normal dungeons. Need to have some patience I guess.

Finished up with three dupes:

Mermaid (this is my third)
Titan
Dark Golem

But I'm happy with Parvati and Orochi. Gonna have to convince myself not to spend any money today.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Six pulls...

Another Lakshmi... 2 toy dragons... highlander... Vritra and another succubus. Vritra was my first pull, should have stopped there.

harrytang

3 pulls!!

1 - cupid - dupe (oh hell yeah!)

2 - ceres - (ok...maybe 6* cool if I make a light dark resist after evo)

3 - ice golem +1 - dupe (fuck yeah god fest!!!)

deleting app now. pretty lame.

Ah well that will do it. Sucks cause I should get my 60 day bonus on Saturday which would have gone towards a rare pull. In other news I just went through 6 runs of the Thurs. dungeon and got a dragon fruit on the last level 5 of the 6 times. lol

Stealth edit: Any reason to keep more then 1 Echidna the Red Empress? I got 2 more nagas running this weeks dragon dungeon. I don't really see much of a point to having more then 1 so I thought I'd just dump the other 2 on to my 5*. Any reason why I shouldn't do this?

Having two is good because then you can active Menace twice as often. Really depends on the specific team though; some/most don't have room for two Echidnas.

I'm a little afraid of all these stones I'm saving up for 5.0 because I know it's just going to end in disapointment.

Radav

Is there ever a scenario where I would need 3 Echidna's?

I'm also curious about this. ^^

Sorry, you guys had such bad luck with your pulls. I think this is probably one of the biggest reasons this game won't become crazy popular here. Do the Japanese as a culture have a love of gambling or something? There are a LOT of things they could to do make the rare pulls better as many have mentioned before. I have a lot of fun playing the game and would love to see a version where I spent $60 and had the ability to obtain ALL the stuff in the game through special dungeons, farming etc. The way it stands now dropping $60 will guarantee you nothing useful in return and that's a tough pill to swallow.

I'm also curious about this. ^^

Sorry, you guys had such bad luck with your pulls. I think this is probably one of the biggest reasons this game won't become crazy popular here. Do the Japanese as a culture have a love of gambling or something? There are a LOT of things they could to do make the rare pulls better as many have mentioned before. I have a lot of fun playing the game and would love to see a version where I spent $60 and had the ability to obtain ALL the stuff in the game through special dungeons, farming etc. The way it stands now dropping $60 will guarantee you nothing useful in return and that's a tough pill to swallow.

but if you spend it on boxes.... :D

I seriously don't get the outlash. Yes, it's basically gambling. Yes, your odds are brutally low. 3x a really small number is still a very small number.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
but if you spend it on boxes.... :D

I seriously don't get the outlash. Yes, it's basically gambling. Yes, your odds are brutally low. 3x a really small number is still a very small number.

There's not much real outlash though. I think everyone knows the odds are against you. Although I do find it pretty odd that I get multiples of the same damn card every single time. What are the odds of getting 10 vampires? I mean, seriously.

SaberVulcan

My pulls:
+1 Cupid (level 6)
+1 Siren the Enchanter (level 30)
Mystic Stone Knight (level 6)

Very tempting to buy gems to try my luck but fuck it.

I only have 14 stones, but man, after seeing what people got, my hype level has gone wayyyyyy down. Always seems to be my luck as well getting turds. For anyone that gets pissed off and is going to quit the game lol, please send your best monster to me! ID: 355,743,219

Just did my two pulls: Another fucking Dyrad and an Ivory Dragon. Bust.

Owzers

O_______O i was saving my 5 stones for today's event but i was tired yesterday and was going to do some Pal Egg pulls and of course i accidentally did a rare instead :( :( :( :(

got another earth guardian *rolls eyes*

Welp, made some rolls, got:

-Fenrir Knight
-Mystic Ice Knight
-Undine x2 :(
-Susano
-Ceres
-Mystic Stone Knight
-Venus
-Mystic Light Knight
-Vampire
-Yomi
-Minerva
-Kagutsuchi
-Green Flame Ifrit

I dunno. I didn't get as lucky as I got last time I pulled, but I got a few gods I didn't have.

Question: should I feed my Ceres to my Fertility Deity Holy Ceres? Any reason to have 2 of her? Same question with the vampire and Fenrir/Mystic Ice knight, as I already have one that I'm leveling.

Also, are Kag and Minerva good for fire teams? What about the Green Flame Ifrit?

Nista

My pulls today:
Echidna and Underlord Arch Hades on iPad
Titan and Shiva on the phone.

I'm debating getting an iTunes card today to try a few extra pulls since I have so few gods. But everyone's bad luck is giving me pause. If I get something good, it would help cheer me up after our studio shut down this week. :/

ccbfan

And this my friends, is why I so heavily advocated rerolling until you got a good monster a few pages back. Now, ccbfan to at least somewhat aleviate your struggle (since well, I'm in the same boat - always rolled crap...last time I rolled was on new years (american) since I learned my lesson.
On the bright side, in 5.0 you can get "poverty" gods at the very least, allowing for monsters like brachys, dspinas or plesius to be slightly worse versions of norse gods. Also there are other random monsters with 2 different multipliers, such as the "christmas" dragons, which are multipliers of ATK and RCV i believe (or is it hp and recovery?) either way, its possible to formulate strong teams with less "luck". If you're feeling a bit lost, feel free to post your monster box and I'll try to provide you with direction, since I'm an ADK team currently (no other options) and have progressed through everything in the game currently, minus zeus or two heroes (skipped them). I'm also one of the people with the mentality that spending a stone on a death means you f'd up, and need to recalculate your plan :)

My biggest probably is that I hit the wall. I have little left to do in this game.

My bad luck with the rare pulls have left me with a total of one end game team. ADK Dragon.

Well my ADK dragon team is pretty complete and really only missing a CDK which I'm gonna have to wait for the CDK dungeon.

I already finished all the tech dungeons and have 3 regular dungeons left.

I have nothing left to do other than evolve stuff I'll never use and I guess getting my characters to max level.

There's no more carrot.

I'll wait for 5.0. The new evolution for the starter dragons can save me. Finally can add some defense to my parties.

MicH

Question: should I feed my Ceres to my Fertility Deity Holy Ceres? Any reason to have 2 of her? Same question with the vampire and Fenrir/Mystic Ice knight, as I already have one that I'm leveling.
Don't feed her to your other Ceres. Make her the Green/Dark one so you have both!

Had a really lucky master (whatever the 50 stam stam one is) flame skydragon run that nabbed both a Tyran and the Boss (at level 10).

Dont have enough stones to do any boss pulls, but we will see... Mostly Im sort of slowing my interest in the game. Stamina takes so long to recover and even with 200 card slots Im struggling to fit monsters in while I farm Pengdras.

Still, Ive got plenty of rippers (4x black, 3x green, 2x red; only one blue/white) and am slowly working through a few other things. Just not sure if it's worth more farming and money on stones.

Also, hit 50the consecutive days awhile back and got nothing. No bonus stones. Didn't get anything at 10 either.

My biggest probably is that I hit the wall. I have little left to do in this game.

My bad luck with the rare pulls have left me with a total of one end game team. ADK Dragon.

Well my ADK dragon team is pretty complete and really only missing a CDK which I'm gonna have to wait for the CDK dungeon.

I already finished all the tech dungeons and have 3 regular dungeons left.

I have nothing left to do other than evolve stuff I'll never use and I guess getting my characters to max level.

There's no more carrot.

Take a breather, log in once a day for the bonus and to refresh your leader for your friends, and prepare for special dungeons when they roll around. Are you interested at all in getting a Hera, a Zeus? That's what endgame feels like.

J0dy77

Threw Gungho $5 dollars, rolled a Mystic Flame Knight. Of course now I'll finally see one and get it to drop in Sky Dragon, lol.

These god fests are bad for the community here. Everyone expects to roll 4 coveted gods in 4 rolls and it never happens. They get angry and want to quit. My rolls do very little for the overall progression of my team but I still have a ton of stuff to do. Gungho has thrown us tons of free stones since I started playing, between download milestones, holidays, anniversaries. It's hard to complain as a casual player.

I'll just keep plugging away at dungeons, hoping for more free stones and God events, 5.0 relase, more mobs to gain. Just have fun playing the game, don't focus on getting trolled by the Gacha.

I've spent $15 total on the game and have been playing religiously since January, I gave Gungho the $ to support a game I've gotten many hours of enjoyment from.

lenni

OK, seems like I'll have to grind to get anywhere.

2 pulls, one was my 5th Cupid from a rare pull and the other a Lilith. Well, at least I can stop running the Mechdragon.

The only worthwhile stuff I ever pulled from the rare gacha were Amaterasu and Verche. Everything else was just crap. Really glad I never paid money for stones, otherwise these pulls would really hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom