• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagernaut

It's been a good day for mythlits. Last Friday I was 2/10, today I am 4/6 so far and have final evolved my Siren the Enchanter, Echidna the Red Empress, Crystal Aurora Dragon, and Graviton Earth Dragon. I need one more to finish my Lightning Holy Dragon (I have the other 4 rippers done).

MicH

I am kind of at the point where i don't know which team to start focusing on. Any advice?

uP2ni0k.png
You have a lot of opportunities.

Wood team: Parvati leader, Dragon Knight, Susano, Gravity Earth Dragon, Toytops/Earth Golem with a friend Parvati leader. Get a Highlander if you can, as I mention in my above post as well.

You also have a great start for a Dark team:
Vampire Lord leader, Chaos Devil Dragon, Lillith, Dark Dragon Knight, Rainbow Keeper with a friend Loki or Vampire Lord

So there's some teams you can focus on. The great thing about the above is that Parvati gives you 1.5 x attack, HP and RCV for your entire team (2,25 with double Parvati leaders) and Vampire Lord gives 2x attack for Dark allies. These teams will make you fly through enemies. I would probably suggest you focus on the Parvati team, but it's entirely up to you.

If you evolve your Dragon Knight to an Ancient Dragon Knight you can also make a powerful dragon team with ADK leader, Meteor Volcano Dragon, Crystal Aurora Dragon, Chaos Devil Dragon, Gravity Earth Dragon and a friend ADK leader.

knowledge

thanks man. Thats helps a TON. Think I'll go for a Parvati now, really didn't know it was 1.5x all 3 stats. Marine Rider (this guy...) will help orb switch as well.

Everytime I have to wait for stamina to recharge, I think of how great of a 'console/desktop' game this would be w/o stamina.

MicH

thanks man. Thats helps a TON. Think I'll go for a Parvati now, really didn't know it was 1.5x all 3 stats. Marine Rider (this guy...) will help orb switch as well.

Everytime I have to wait for stamina to recharge, I think of how great of a 'console/desktop' game this would be w/o stamina.
Marine Rider will be VERY useful in a Parvati team as his water attack also gets boosted by Parvati. So essentially he gets 1.5x Wood AND water attack. That will help you against fire enemies (which you are weak against).

ok. Tomb of the Saint - Expert. How in the hell are you supposed to beat Hades? I had an autoheal + resist and I think he hit for 35k. Not to mention I was basically doing 1 damage except for Neptune's poison.

will dual resists + a ton of HP cut it? Looks like its back to tech dungeons for now
I beat this one the other day for the first time. I ran Great Valk-Orochi with a max skill siren, two archangels and echidna I think. You have to be careful of same timer mobs, then wipe out all the dragons on the 9th floor (I had to use orochi here). After that hades is easy as long as you heal every turn.

Jagernaut

I have a level 30 Parvati I pulled recently with 1166 hp. Add me 304848218 (Static@GAF) and send me a request in game if you want me to set it as leader.

I just evolved one yesterday but have not fed her anything so she is only level 1. Still worth it?

I have a level 30 Parvati I pulled recently with 1166 hp. Add me 304848218 (Static@GAF) and send me a request in game if you want me to set it as leader.

we're good to go. Thanks guys.

Wow. 2x Parvati team is brutally powerful even when woefully underleveled. Wasn't even using evolved Parv's.

Parvati
GED
Marine Rider (he has a use!!)
ADK
Siren
Parvati.

I found my new team.

we're good to go. Thanks guys.

Wow. 2x Parvati team is brutally powerful even when woefully underleveled. Wasn't even using evolved Parv's.

Parvati
GED
Marine Rider (he has a use!!)
ADK
Siren
Parvati.

I found my new team.

Any thoughts on a replacement for the Marine Rider? I have everything you used but him. EDIT: Oh, probably Spearman would work, right?

I pulled a couple more yesterday and got War Deity Saint Minerva and a Basilisk. Is that an okay form for Minerva? I would have to farm dubmythlits in order to change her. Also, what is the preferred mix for Tiamat?

MicH

Any thoughts on a replacement for the Marine Rider? I have everything you used but him. EDIT: Oh, probably Spearman would work, right?

I pulled a couple more yesterday and got War Deity Saint Minerva and a Basilisk. Is that an okay form for Minerva? I would have to farm dubmythlits in order to change her. Also, what is the preferred mix for Tiamat?
Highlander would be ideal instead of Marine Rider. Works perfectly with Siren if you must use her. Susano is also usable.

Light Minerva is good, no reason to devolve her unless you absolutely MUST have her in a Dark team.

No idea about Tianat, I find it a but useless anyway :p

Tiamat might get a bit more valuable with this tech dungeon GungHo is teasing... it's a green restrict dungeon, meaning you can only bring green monsters into it. Dual elements are fine so long as at least one of their two elements is green.

I've been having a great day so far. As I stated earlier, I managed to get enough Dub-Mythlit to devolve my second War Deity Saint Minerva and ultimate evolve her into War Deity Dark Minerva.

I then farmed som Pengdras and used the Sapphire Dragons I got yesterday to max lvl my Lakshmi and evolve her by finally getting the Mythlit I wanted (while Pengdra farming, huzzah!)

So now I find myself with no real goal for the day. No special dungeons I need to farm, no need for Pengdras. So I FINALLY decide to continue with the normal dungeons, which I haven't touched in who knows how long. Cleared Tower of Nature (the whole thing!) and the first level of Tomb of Saint - Expert. And now I'm finding myself with a full stamina bar again :p What to do....

For Fire team you should try farming a Titan in the Tower of Giants for that heal to fire orbchange. That is definitely doable and will help you form a much better Fire team. EDIT: Phoenix Knight is also good for water to fire orb change if you have him

For Wood you really need a Highlander, which unfortunately isn't easily farmable (only in the 2 Heroes dungeon which is on Legendary difficulty!)

In both teams the Toydragons (Fortoytops and Flare Drall) are good for their orb changing only. Flame Drall for heal orbs to Titan and Fortoytops for heal orbs to Highlander. Both Toydragons also have the added advantage of emergency healing. Unfortunately Fire and Wood teams don't have a Siren in their attribute, so that's the best you can get.
Isn't it nice to breathe a sigh of content after meeting all your current goals?

Regarding Wood not having its version of Siren, that's what Parvati is if you can manage to max her skill. Convert Water to Hearts every 5 turns. And she has pretty good RCV, too.

MicH

Isn't it nice to breathe a sigh of content after meeting all your current goals?

Regarding Wood not having its version of Siren, that's what Parvati is if you can manage to max her skill. Convert Water to Hearts every 5 turns. And she has pretty good RCV, too.
It really is. The thought of not having to grind one of the special dragon dungeons all weekend is such a relief.

And shoot, I totally forgot about Parvatis skill. I'm so used to Shiva and Lakshmi having non-orb change skills, that I forgot Parvati has one. That makes a Siren in a Parvati team pretty much redundant. Get a Highlander instead!

It really is. The thought of not having to grind one of the special dragon dungeons all weekend is such a relief.

And shoot, I totally forgot about Parvatis skill. I'm so used to Shiva and Lakshmi having non-orb change skills, that I forgot Parvati has one. That makes a Siren in a Parvati team pretty much redundant. Get a Highlander instead!

if only it was that easy! How the hell would you max her skill though? Looks like the only mobs that have it are her and toytops.

Jagernaut

Is there any low level fodder that can be used to skill up Parvati?

How about this for a Parv team:

Parv
GED
ADK
ADK
Cu Chulainn
Parv

* besides Siren for healing, what would be a good choice here? Asgard?

MicH

Yeah, only Toytops can be used to skill up Parvati, so that's definitely not an easy task.

Asgaard is great if you need more HP. More options include Susano (recude damage by 50% for 5 turns), Wind Mech (but has really low RCV), Ceres (heals all HP and can be light or dark dual) and Alraune if you desperately need healing.

J0dy77

Need some advice on the Viper Orochi I rolled. Why do people want to leave him at low level? I understand the need to keep HP low for a resolve team but his HP really does not scale that high at level 50, only 1100 HP difference between level 1 and 50. With a good Siren team I would think that could be easily covered. And why don't people evolve him?

Are there end game teams I can build around him?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Need some advice on the Viper Orochi I rolled. Why do people want to leave him at low level? I understand the need to keep HP low for a resolve team but his HP really does not scale that high at level 50, only 1100 HP difference between level 1 and 50. With a good Siren team I would think that could be easily covered. And why don't people evolve him?

It could be as simple of a fact that it's not worth the investment to level him. As you said, his stats don't scale too great. He's only there to act as a resolve. It's the same way that the ripper dragons are sort of useless to level up. Once they hit stage 4, it's their special that makes them worthwhile.

He's most useful as resolve, so for that reason people leave him low level. If you get a second one though, then definitely evolve / level up the second one and use him as a sub in a water team (e.g. 2x Lakshmi)

J0dy77

Double posting from yesterday, think my post was buried. Looking for some direction on an end game team. Should I focus on the Valk team or ADK? I have the Great Valk, 2x Siren, Ench Emp, just need to finish the lilith and throw levels at them all. What would I need for the ADK team? 2X ADK, Rainbow keeper and a dragon?

1r4GOxXl.jpg

Asgaard is great if you need more HP. More options include Susano (recude damage by 50% for 5 turns), Wind Mech (but has really low RCV), Ceres (heals all HP and can be light or dark dual) and Alraune if you desperately need healing.

I would find something w/ dual elements (green + ??). Both will get a boost.

Well, I did just make my Tiamat black/green so I could add him. I probably could even evolve my Ceres - should I go green/yellow or green/black?

Here's my green options:
Dino Rider
Odin
Asgard
Alarune
Fortoytops
Ice Armor Ogre
Ceres
black/green Tiamat

along with the already set:
Parv
Cu Chulainn
ADK
ADK (though if I evolve Ceres I probably won't have this second ADK today)
GED

I notice that is already a full team, so what is the best combo for me? Thanks!

MicH

Double posting from yesterday, think my post was buried. Looking for some direction on an end game team. Should I focus on the Valk team or ADK? I have the Great Valk, 2x Siren, Ench Emp, just need to finish the lilith and throw levels at them all. What would I need for the ADK team? 2X ADK, Rainbow keeper and a dragon?

1r4GOxXl.jpg
A dual ADK team is usually ADK leaders and 4 dragons (usually rippers, but I like to use my Noble Mech as well). It is super easy to put together as the elements are very common.

You can also easily do a Valk team with Valk leader, 2x Siren, Echidna and Lillith (or whatever you choose, I personally like this combo) and a friend Viper Orochi or Great Valk as well. Viper Orochi basically ensures your survival as long as you don't get hit multiple times in the same turn or if you have less than 50% HP. Great Valk for more attack power.

It's really up to you. You can easily run both teams switching between them. I would focus on evolving your Dragon Knight first so you can take advantage of your dragons first. Then build your healer team.
Well, I did just make my Tiamat black/green so I could add him. I probably could even evolve my Ceres - should I go green/yellow or green/black?

Here's my green options:
Dino Rider
Odin
Asgard
Alarune
Fortoytops
Ice Armor Ogre
Ceres
black/green Tiamat

Parv
Cu Chulainn
ADK
GED

I would probably just keep the second ADK for now and then train some of the other green monsters up when you're done with the main team. That way you can switch in other monsters if you need other skills and need focus on other attributes (like more HP, RCV etc). You have a lot of attack power with your curent team, and a nice number of orb changers which will deal a lot of damage when used. Have you tried it out yet?

The way I'm approaching things is, that I have a "main team" that I'm leveling up and when I'm done with that, I'll focus on other water monsters, who didn't make it, but can be very useful depending on situations. That way I can customize my team and prepare for different types of dungeons and monsters. I tried it out for the first time just an hour ago or so and it worked amazingly. I tried out the last dungeon in the Ice Maze technical to see how it is against other waterbased monsters, and I was quite surprised to see how much damage the team caused. The orb changers were a BIG BIG help, I can't recommend those enough.

StMeph

He's most useful as resolve, so for that reason people leave him low level. If you get a second one though, then definitely evolve / level up the second one and use him as a sub in a water team (e.g. 2x Lakshmi)

Pulled a Demon Viper Orochi on my alt account with a Lakshmi. Even at low level he has quite high HP, so I don't plan to use him as a Leader. Sub it is.

Slottm

Neo Member

Here's my green options:
Dino Rider
Odin
Asgard
Alarune
Fortoytops
Ice Armor Ogre
Ceres
black/green Tiamat

Parv
Cu Chulainn
ADK
GED

Dual color dragons suck, ceres is "ok". Honestly i'd say parv, mech, adk adk cu chalain. Make sure to skill your mech asguard up. Odin or ceres can be ok as subs too instead, if you dont need the damage reduction cooldown.

Dual color dragons suck, ceres is "ok". Honestly i'd say parv, mech, adk adk cu chalain. Make sure to skill your mech asguard up. Odin or ceres can be ok as subs too instead, if you dont need the damage reduction cooldown.

Working on getting the Asgard skilled up. I think I fed him 5 keepers the other day and got 1 skill up. 4 more to go!

Sounds like I will go ahead and get my 2nd ADK going. If you had to choose between using 20 off color pendgras or 10 off color with about 13 mixed high/kind dragons to get the xp, which would you go with? That could be a silly question, but...

Slottm

Neo Member
A dual ADK team is usually ADK leaders and 4 dragons (usually rippers, but I like to use my Noble Mech as well). It is super easy to put together as the elements are very common.

You can also easily do a Valk team with Valk leader, 2x Siren, Echidna and Lillith (or whatever you choose, I personally like this combo) and a friend Viper Orochi or Great Valk as well. Viper Orochi basically ensures your survival as long as you don't get hit multiple times in the same turn or if you have less than 50% HP. Great Valk for more attack power.

It's really up to you. You can easily run both teams switching between them. I would focus on evolving your Dragon Knight first so you can take advantage of your dragons first. Then build your healer team.

I would probably just keep the second ADK for now and then train some of the other green monsters up when you're done with the main team. That way you can switch in other monsters if you need other skills and need focus on other attributes (like more HP, RCV etc). You have a lot of attack power with your curent team, and a nice number of orb changers which will deal a lot of damage when used. Have you tried it out yet?

The way I'm approaching things is, that I have a "main team" that I'm leveling up and when I'm done with that, I'll focus on other water monsters, who didn't make it, but can be very useful depending on situations. That way I can customize my team and prepare for different types of dungeons and monsters. I tried it out for the first time just an hour ago or so and it worked amazingly. I tried out the last dungeon in the Ice Maze technical to see how it is against other waterbased monsters, and I was quite surprised to see how much damage the team caused. The orb changers were a BIG BIG help, I can't recommend those enough.

A dual adk team should include any of the following members

ADK main
Subs:
More adks
cdk
echidnas
a susano
1 mech.

Lets look at composition - orb changers are the highest damage output skill you can use. They can also be relatively easily skilled. Mech provides higher hp and atk than an adk but very little recovery. Echidna provides you with breathing room. If you can survive a hit, add a second echidna. If you can't, add another cooldown like susano or a golem to give you more breathing room. Don't need the reduction? Fill with another cdk or adk.

Rippers/dual color dragons and mechs are generally terrible on an adk team. Their cooldown is useless, their stats are "ok" their rcv is bad. Green and dark get along well - why? Well green = green + red with adk
Dark = dark + light with CDK. Health orbs are always good. This means you have 1 wasted color - blue

You will need reduction cooldowns to tackle harder dungeons such as hera, 2 heroes, or hell...any master level normal dungeons. Running without an echidna is infinitely harder.

Specialized cases - going against a red dungeon with adk team? Pop in water rippers/mechs. This is the only time i'd advocate using other color rippers or mechs is if you need them against a certain boss/dungeon.

Slottm

Neo Member
Theyre not that great, even at lvl 99, theyre ~1000 hp 1350 attack. Their total stats are really low and only really suitable for a resolve team

Slottm

Neo Member
I'm not too familiar with rider's skill - it's what, 2.5x to attacker? You'd have a team with 6-8k hp that could blow things up? I mean... that's not going to get you far since eventually something will hit you.

StMeph

As of yesterday, we'd be up to date with JP. Japan is getting 5.1 today/soon, so that'd put us about a month behind in content.

I think we was asking for a timeline, in which case I don't know if anyone really knows.

I was asking the former, but I can see how it was vague enough to be interpreted otherwise.

What becomes of special-event monsters? I doubt we get those events, so they will just never appear?

Ex:
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/最強装備·時魔道士
or
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/焔尾の天狐·ミツキ

MicH

Thought I would post this from the Facebook group:

The rumored changes for 5.1

Norse god ultimate evo (already confirmed)
Mystic Knight ultimate evo
Pengdra dungeon as Monday dungeon

Holy shit Mystic Knight ultimate evolutions!? Dualcolor ADK? Oh man oh man! Would be pretty crazy if true!

Slottm

Neo Member

Holy shit Mystic Knight ultimate evolutions!? Dualcolor ADK? Oh man oh man! Would be pretty crazy if true!

This is something that's definitely really cool - since the new series of ninjas pretty much dominate mystic knights in every way (aside from leader skill). Ultimate evolutions also typically do carry some crazy new leader skills too - so maybe we'll see some really neat new things to keep them viable.

ccbfan

Playing my second account right now (Ama, Shiva) and doing nothing but levelling.

Its strange to finally have good God rolls since they take so much team point that I can only use one at a time. 6 star ama's making it a joke though.

Thanks god its friday dungeon though. Those double ghost things are awesome for low levels. They have 1 cost and awsome stats. Especially the rainbow one.

Also got two little reds from the special dungeon.

Very good time for me to start my run.

Also can you move an account to another phone. I want to move secondary account to my main phone (iphone 4s) and my main phone's account to my inactive iphone 4 since my main account is waiting for 5.0 and will be sparsely played compared to the secondary account.

Also anyone want to trade level 20 gift?

This is something that's definitely really cool - since the new series of ninjas pretty much dominate mystic knights in every way (aside from leader skill). Ultimate evolutions also typically do carry some crazy new leader skills too - so maybe we'll see some really neat new things to keep them viable.

What are the monster numbers of the new ninja series? Would like to check them out on the JP wiki

ccbfan

Woah imagine a party full of dark ADKs and Green CDKs

MicH

Holy cow, Chaos Devil Dragon ultimate evolution (dark/ice?)

406340_164414130374787_45633264_n.png

Also shamelessly stolen from the Facebook group. All rippers getting ultimate evolutions as well?

Holy shit that's awesome.

I'm kinda stuck ATM because I fucked up earlier and wiped on a dungeon that woulda leveled me and thus restored my stamina. As it stands I have 23 stamina and no stones. :(

Slow going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom