• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that's definitely really cool - since the new series of ninjas pretty much dominate mystic knights in every way (aside from leader skill). Ultimate evolutions also typically do carry some crazy new leader skills too - so maybe we'll see some really neat new things to keep them viable.

There's also the chance that they'll get a new active skill, so there goes your max skilled knights...

Also just had this happen to me. If I had just a little more damage...

CEpf08Wl.png

This is something that's definitely really cool - since the new series of ninjas pretty much dominate mystic knights in every way (aside from leader skill). Ultimate evolutions also typically do carry some crazy new leader skills too - so maybe we'll see some really neat new things to keep them viable.
As soon as I saw the new Ninjas, I envisioned the new Wood/Dark Ninja team as an alternative to the Wood/Dark ADK team. Except with the Dark Ninja as leader since his leader skill mimics the Hindu gods.

http://translate.googleusercontent....%94%B5&usg=ALkJrhg-fxY8nA_9vg7ftUFMI_duDpX_qw
http://translate.googleusercontent....%8A%A9&usg=ALkJrhh8-wtTFqlfbR0rUIFaH3aijpxU5A

Woah imagine a party full of dark ADKs and Green CDKs
Hot damn! If that's a possibility, the Ninjas' advantage might be short lived. Though, there's also a possibility of there being only a mono/mono ultimate evo like the Legendary Dragons. Either way would be an improvement.

There's also the chance that they'll get a new active skill, so there goes your max skilled knights...
Booooo! I hope not. Can't imagine a better skill than a 5 cool-down orb changer. But we'll see. Can't wait!

Edgeward

Dammit, I need a Keeper of Water and it looks like I have to wait til Tuesday ;_;

and holy fuck he looks too strong. Why? ;_;

Edgeward

I just started about a week ago. Strongest att is like 500. No way I'm clearing expert. I'm at the mercy of the pal and stone machines to give me what I need

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 3/2/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

i cant get my game to back right before the first roll. I back it up. Roll, restore, and its right where i left it with my shitty rare monster. I have one save with a salamander with 400atk but im still looking for a god.

J0dy77

Does anyone know if there will be any more rare roll events for the 1 year event? I got my 60 day log in bonus as a nice surprise today. Not sure if I want to save the roll or not. The red event doesn't so much for me.

Kosh

Does anyone know if there will be any more rare roll events for the 1 year event? I got my 60 day log in bonus as a nice surprise today. Not sure if I want to save the roll or not. The red event doesn't so much for me.

I don't think so, and tomorrow is the last day for the PAL egg machine. I doubt we'll see any more rare roll events until the update.

It's already been a whole year since P&D first came out in Japan, and we've scheduled a lot of fun things to celebrate!

2/22 - 2/28
Dragon and Healer Rare Egg Machine Event - featuring a special lineup to celebrate our 1 year anniversary

2/28
Japanese, Indian, and Greek Godfest at the Rare Egg Machine

2/20 - 2/28
Double chance to Skill Up during Fusion

2/20 - 3/3
Super King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine
Double drops & extra coins for the Special Weekly Dungeons
1 FREE Magic Stone and 500 Pal Points per day

Thanks for a great year of Puzzle & Dragons, and here's to many more!

Quantum

Amazing how much time this game has taken from my life.

While I still haven't spent a dime - I'm definitely reaching mmorpg hours. Secret world? no - puzzles and dungeons.

I seriously wish that there was an offline version of this so when I'm at work (without phone reception) I could power through a few dungeons.

I have a decent collection of mobs/toons that I have to level - have lucked out on a few of my pulls that have given me a parvati and loki. I have grinded a max level siren and have finally finished my first master level - giving me a hadar.

(dual ripper leaders, siren maxed, holy ripper and two rainbow keepers)

like I had mentioned previously - if they at least guaranteed that a pull from the rare machine would not result in something I've already pulled I would gladly give gungho sixty bucks - and may consider even a hundred - but - knowing my 'luck' in this world (at least recently) I can't bring myself to spend a dime.

my guess is this is it for the 1year. Funny, I get my 60 day tomorrow haha. I'm just going to hold onto them (unless I need more boxes, which is probable, only have 75 :D) and wait until another event comes along. They might have something special for 5.0 as well.

While I still haven't spent a dime - I'm definitely reaching mmorpg hours. Secret world? no - puzzles and dungeons.

I seriously wish that there was an offline version of this so when I'm at work (without phone reception) I could power through a few dungeons.

I have a decent collection of mobs/toons that I have to level - have lucked out on a few of my pulls that have given me a parvati and loki. I have grinded a max level siren and have finally finished my first master level - giving me a hadar.

like I had mentioned previously - if they at least guaranteed that a pull from the rare machine would not result in something I've already pulled I would gladly give gungho sixty bucks - and may consider even a hundred - but - knowing my 'luck' in this world (at least recently) I can't bring myself to spend a dime.

welcome :D Completely agree about dropping money, it's just such a crapshoot. I pulled a mermaid from the Rare, 5 minutes later guy posts about how he got a mermaid from the PAL. Either reduce the 'lower' monsters you get from the Rare, or improve their random # generator. I have to imagine the chances of getting the same thing twice is very small, yet we hear it happening on here alllll the time.

Personally, I've pulled MAYBE 7-8 times and gotten a Fairlio twice.

Quantum

I do know the heartbreak that is the fairlio!

on my main account I have 150 boxes now from my lack of rare pulls - and as much as I'm jealous of the big spenders I've managed to get through most of the content with grinded monsters.
(edit: with the help of a few neogaf friends!)

I started a second account on an android device and the first two pulls were neptune and valkyre - but - I just can't be bothered with two accounts and keep grinding my first (rank 86 atm)

I even started a third and kept deleting until I got a 5 star ama - but again - I keep playing on the main account.

I guess its the wave (or wall) of freemium that I silently rage against. I easily push up against 600 games on steam and countless 60 dollar pulls on the ps3 and xbox gatcha - still coming back to this game.

I get that I'm not the person gung ho wants (not paying) but I have recently received two 50 apple space buck coupons but still wont pull - seriously - thats 100 games - something to smile about each Wednesday night for a few months!

ParityBit

Anyone know if they will have a 2x event for the dungeon of dusk today (tomorrow?) I really want to try and get a lilith to drop. I have not yet and I ran it about 1 million times!

Trying to decide if I should save energy for that, or get some pengdras

MicH

Anyone know if they will have a 2x event for the dungeon of dusk today (tomorrow?) I really want to try and get a lilith to drop. I have not yet and I ran it about 1 million times!

Trying to decide if I should save energy for that, or get some pengdras
No 2x drop today at least. Hopefully there will be one tomorrow, but tit'll probably only be for the technical dungeons, like in the past.

ParityBit

No 2x drop today at least. Hopefully there will be one tomorrow, but tit'll probably only be for the technical dungeons, like in the past.

Ugh, that's right. I forgot it is the tech dungeon. I Actually have yet to try that, really don't want to waste the stamina.

Ugh, that's right. I forgot it is the tech dungeon. I Actually have yet to try that, really don't want to waste the stamina.

i'm on the Master lvl now. It's a real grind.

CDD
Rainbow
Siren
Ripper
Ripper
Neptune (Dark/Water)

I'm on lvl 9 now and it seems to be going ok. Just not doing any damage other than special skills. Neptunes poison helps a TON.

Slottm

Neo Member
Due to the way armor works, its best to save element orbs you have until you can match multiple sets of the same color - ie; it's better to use 9 dark orbs in 3 different combo sets within a turn, than it is to use 1 set of dark orbs each turn. This will ensure you can bypass armor and do better damage.

i cant get my game to back right before the first roll. I back it up. Roll, restore, and its right where i left it with my shitty rare monster. I have one save with a salamander with 400atk but im still looking for a god.

It doesn't work that way. The account data on your phone is just login information to the account stored serverside. You need to delete the file and replay the tutorial.

ParityBit

i'm on the Master lvl now. It's a real grind.

CDD
Rainbow
Siren
Ripper
Ripper
Neptune (Dark/Water)

I'm on lvl 9 now and it seems to be going ok. Just not doing any damage other than special skills. Neptunes poison helps a TON.

Unfortunately I do not have a Siren, I have a mermaid on my account (have a Siren on my other but no neptune on either)

So I am regulated to normal-master. Which has not dropped a single Lilith!

EDIT:

So I have 2 Indra and I also have a Ammy Ohk and base Ammy. Got the second of each as my 2 pulls from the rare godfest :( Is it best just to combine them at this point and save the box space?

ToxicAdam

I get that I'm not the person gung ho wants (not paying) but I have recently received two 50 apple space buck coupons but still wont pull - seriously - thats 100 games - something to smile about each Wednesday night for a few months!

Good for you, stay strong :)

I've spent 10 bux, but that's because I wanted to reward Gungho.

Dawg

Can some people add me? All my helpers quit the game and dungeons have become pretty hard with standard helpers :(

ccbfan

Yeah

If they had a unique rare machine for monsters where its not solid in your monster box but for 10 stones? I would gladly pay them 60 bucks for the 8.5 extra pulls.

At least you have a parvati and Loki and most people have something decent (Odin/Amu/Shiva/Orochi/Valk) thats not a dropable.

Me? Nothing. I have 0 monsters thats good and not a dropable.

I've done fifteen pulls in this game. If they were to ask me whether I wanted to exchange all the 15 pulls monsters for 5 monster boxes I would say go ahead, I just ripped you off.

Thanks again to slotmm for the guidance re team direction

I've got these 4 lineups to work with.

Lucked out on Phoenix knight and fire sky dragon drops for my fire team. Where do you all think the best dungeon is for a Titan?

Also, anyone with the above leaders, let me add you. I don't have enough shiva Valk and vamp friends.

Can some people add me? All my helpers quit the game and dungeons have become pretty hard with standard helpers :(

I added you. Change your name to put @gaf at the end then find the spreadsheet at the beginning and add people from ther, and you can get even more helpers

MicH

Lucked out on Phoenix knight and fire sky dragon drops for my fire team. Where do you all think the best dungeon is for a Titan?

Also, anyone with the above leaders, let me add you. I don't have enough shiva Valk and vamp friends.
Very nice, you can also put CDK in your ADK team so that you can use pretty much every orb available with ADK and CDKs orb change skills.

Also I have all these leaders, so just send be a message if you want me to put up one of them :)

Very nice, you can also put CDK in your ADK team so that you can use pretty much every orb available with ADK and CDKs orb change skills.

Also I have all these leaders, so just send be a message if you want me to put up one of them :)

Badass. Just faved you to remind me you have all my leaders as well.

Which spot is better for a Titan drop? Wrath of Giant (Gigas boss), or Giant guards (2 Titan boss fight)?

MicH

Badass. Just faved you to remind me you have all my leaders as well.

Which spot is better for a Titan drop? Wrath of Giant (Gigas boss), or Giant guards (2 Titan boss fight)?
I have no idea. I've actually been farming him today as well as I don't have him yet (and half stamina!). I think Giant Guards is better because you have two chances for him to drop, but that is just me speculating

Congrats on the Phoenix Knight. A part of me wants to grind skydragon for one, but i feel like as rare a drop as he seems to be, that could be stamina better spent farming pengdra/dragons. Which level did he drop for you?

ccbfan

LOL you gotta love ADK in weekend master dungeons.

100K (Sometimes 200K+) plus damage from each ADK when you use the orb switch skills.

One matched every fight except for the last since it had a water carbunkle.

I seem to have hit a major wall in advancing lately. I can't seem to get past Blue Guardian Dungeon in the Polar Night Tower Normal and Roar of the Thunder Beast in the Faithless Temple with no Name in the Technical. Will you guys look at my group and possibly offer some insight. Normally I run my Blue Champion with a 2.5x to physical and then run the rest of my team as physical since I mainly just have some dragons other than them and Echinda and Mandrake.

image.jpg

Quantum

Yeah

If they had a unique rare machine for monsters where its not solid in your monster box but for 10 stones? I would gladly pay them 60 bucks for the 8.5 extra pulls.

At least you have a parvati and Loki and most people have something decent (Odin/Amu/Shiva/Orochi/Valk) thats not a dropable.

Me? Nothing. I have 0 monsters thats good and not a dropable.

I've done fifteen pulls in this game. If they were to ask me whether I wanted to exchange all the 15 pulls monsters for 5 monster boxes I would say go ahead, I just ripped you off.

The quickest suggestion I would make would be to re-roll, although I understand not wanting too. I ended up re-rolling almost 100 times on a second account to see what I could get (stopped at neptune on one and ama on another)

I am also looking around for an offline game that creates in me a similar addiction but have yet to find it - but I have to believe with all the clones appearing now it is just a matter of time.

personally my gaming mentality has always been about patience so I don't mind not having all of the monsters yet and have been satisfied with the carrot on the stick even if I can't actually reach it - I guess something slowly learned over a decade of playing mmorpgs that are not considered mainstream.

SirKhalid

I seem to have hit a major wall in advancing lately. I can't seem to get past Blue Guardian Dungeon in the Polar Night Tower Normal and Roar of the Thunder Beast in the Faithless Temple with no Name in the Technical. Will you guys look at my group and possibly offer some insight. Normally I run my Blue Champion with a 2.5x to physical and then run the rest of my team as physical since I mainly just have some dragons other than them and Echinda and Mandrake.

I failed Blue guardian a few times before trying with a resolve team. I think I got it first time with a Ogre + Green ripper + 3 others rippers and a 5 stars healer as a friend helper.

I failed Blue guardian a few times before trying with a resolve team. I think I got it first time with a Ogre + Green ripper + 3 others rippers and a 5 stars healer as a friend helper.
I tried it with my Samurai Ogre and beat it lol, who knew (everyone but me apparently). Thanks for the tip! I survived about 12 normally deadly blows. Does the Ogre always keep you alive or is it a "majority of the time"? I think I read somewhere its 70% of the time. I guess I never really understood what everyone meant when they said "resolve" team.

MicH

I tried it with my Samurai Ogre and beat it lol, who knew (everyone but me apparently). Thanks for the tip! I survived about 12 normally deadly blows. Does the Ogre always keep you alive or is it a "majority of the time"? I think I read somewhere its 70% of the time. I guess I never really understood what everyone meant when they said "resolve" team.
The Ogres Resolve skill activates if you have more than 70% HP. If you have a Viper Orochi it's 50%. Really useful, but it doesn't work if you're hit twice with the first hit bringing you under 70%/50%, so be careful with that. If you haven't cleared the Expert Wednesday and Friday dungeons, you usually use Resolve to beat them as well

Lumiere

Neo Member
Finally got a Succubus to drop from the Expert Rust Mechdragon! I lost count of how many times it took, but it was a lot. Still haven't seen the dragon itself, but given that I can't run Master I'm not surprised. Glad I got the Succubus at least :)

The Ogres Resolve skill activates if you have more than 70% HP. If you have a Viper Orochi it's 50%. Really useful, but it doesn't work if you're hit twice with the first hit bringing you under 70%/50%, so be careful with that. If you haven't cleared the Expert Wednesday and Friday dungeons, you usually use Resolve to beat them as well
I see, thank you for the info. Still so much to learn. Another question. In order to get the "skill up" I need to power-up fuse the same type of monsters right? Physical with physical for example? Does color matter?

Yaari

For 5.0, does anyone know if Goemon comes from the Rare Gacha aswell? Someone mentioned this on PAD Facebook but it seems to me that he is among the likes of Zeus and does not.. anyone know for sure?

The Goemon setup is totally awesome, and if I were to go for that, I'd farm those Titans aswell, but I dont see myself being able to kill him so no point making a team based on it either.

that awkward moment where you finish a Master dungeon and it doesn't drop. feelsbadbro. Had to burn a stone to, he nuked me in one hit once ad then never did it again. Wasn't really too difficult, just took hella long

MicH

Man, I can't wait for Dark Pengdras. These Metal Dragons are absolutely USELESS and when you don't get a King or even a High and just get baby dragons, it's just.. wasted stamina. Eugh. Version 5.0 can't come soon enough
that awkward moment where you finish a Master dungeon and it doesn't drop. feelsbadbro. Had to burn a stone to, he nuked me in one hit once ad then never did it again. Wasn't really too difficult, just took hella long
He was able to one-shot you? Yeah, it's best to do double resist and you need ~8500 HP to survive his nuke. Much easier with that, of course I don't know what you used.
I got him at my second try through it on Master, but that was with 2x drop rate, so YMMV. It's good experience and money though!

Man, I can't wait for Dark Pengdras. These Metal Dragons are absolutely USELESS and when you don't get a King or even a High and just get baby dragons, it's just.. wasted stamina. Eugh. Version 5.0 can't come soon enough

He was able to one-shot you? Yeah, it's best to do double resist and you need ~8500 HP to survive his nuke. Much easier with that, of course I don't know what you used.
I got him at my second try through it on Master, but that was with 2x drop rate, so YMMV. It's good experience and money though!

Yeah i'm not sure what happened. Looked up for a minute and he nuked me. I probably had less than full health when it hit. Double Resist worked like a charm though. Neptunes poison REALLY helped out.

great xp and money though

razterik

Unfortunately I do not have a Siren, I have a mermaid on my account (have a Siren on my other but no neptune on either)

So I am regulated to normal-master. Which has not dropped a single Lilith!

EDIT:

So I have 2 Indra and I also have a Ammy Ohk and base Ammy. Got the second of each as my 2 pulls from the rare godfest :( Is it best just to combine them at this point and save the box space?

Indra`s active skill is useful, Amaterasu`s less so. Both are decent stats if you are short Gods, but there are better options. I would fuse the Amaterasu because you will probably never run two in a team. But wait till the next 2x skill up event. The odds are against you right now.

MicH

Yeah i'm not sure what happened. Looked up for a minute and he nuked me. I probably had less than full health when it hit. Double Resist worked like a charm though. Neptunes poison REALLY helped out.

great xp and money though
Yeah, you really have to pay attention and get used to the manual healing (especially if you have relied too much on autoheal like me :p I failed my first Masters solely because I forgot to heal (or misplaced an orb - urgh that one is just the worst).

Also I've been using my mono-blue Lakshmi team and I am just amazed. 16k HP, almost 5k RCV and 8k ATK? Jesus christ, this team is a powerhouse - and most of them are not even leveled!!

1.5 million gold.

I love the Tricolor Dungeons. :)

And special thanks to all the gaffers putting up their ADK's. They just destroy the weekend dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom