• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I can't wait for Dark Pengdras. These Metal Dragons are absolutely USELESS and when you don't get a King or even a High and just get baby dragons, it's just.. wasted stamina. Eugh. Version 5.0 can't come soon enough
Yeah. It sucks when you get nothing but Metal Dragons. I got 5 Metal Dragons in 3 straight runs today for a total of 15 Metal Dragons and 0 Kings or Highs. I just feed them to Pengdras, 3 at a time to make the most use of them.

how do you guys get through the last floor of master tricolor? I got 1 shotted with my dual ADK team.
I usually kill 1 or both bosses in 1 shot. I run ADK/ADK/Wind Mech/Ice Mech/Aurora Ripper, all pretty high levels. ADK's orb change turns all Fire orbs to Wood, leaving nothing but Wood, Water, and Heart orbs, which makes multiple chain combos pretty easy. The Water Dragons take care of the Fire bosses which are strong against my Wood monsters, and my max level Wood Dragons take care of the rest. It's really a matter of having a strong-enough team and ability to pull off high chain combos. Also, the game auto-targets enemies based on weakness matchups, which sometimes splits your firepower between the 2 bosses. If you're not confident you can kill at least 1 of the bosses, you can manually target the boss you're most likely to be able to 1-shot. It's important to kill at least 1 before they attack if they're on identical timers. I'm assuming you have at least 10K HP? That allows you to absorb a single attack. If you can't survive 1 hit, then you obviously have to kill both bosses before either get an attack off.

---------------------------------------

I'm pretty comfortable with my gold stash at the moment, so instead of running the Tricolor dungeon, I started farming Ocean of Heaven which has a 1.5x drop rate right now. My ADK team is strong enough to penetrate Neptune's 96,000 defense, so I've been running that for the high gold reward in addition to stat bonuses, King Metal Dragons, Mystic Masks, and decent exp. Only ran it 5 times so far, but already got 2 Mystic Masks. My last run was probably the best normal dungeon run I've had since I started playing this game.

SIapd9O.jpg

razterik

how do you guys get through the last floor of master tricolor? I got 1 shotted with my dual ADK team.

Take an Echidna. It should charge completely in round 9, the three dragons. You lose a little firepower, but it makes that last battle so much easier. Even two red carbuncles can be burned down in 4 turns of ADK matching.

^ Thanks

You lost me at 'Mech' though haha. Guess my ADK team is just underleveled for the master levels.

Damn Parvati x 2 is killing it right now. Can't wait to level them up more.

razterik

Getting bored of farming pendgras. I guess I'm going to try Rust Mech Legendary for the stone. Not feelin so confident.

Over 12015 HP? Can heal up to 10815 every two turns when the boss goes crazy on you? Can consistently get damage over 2200 to take down the demons? And you need delay or rainbow keeper skills for the two monster bind by the fog chimera, if it gets your resist leaders.

It's not easy, but I made it through in about 3 hours. Didn't have high enough damage output. And Genocide Missile cost me a couple stones when it got used 4 times in a row twice during the final fight.

Got 35 + eggs for my ADK so far today farming Ocean of Heaven, not to mention 6 king metal dragons and about 400k worth of exp from regular trash monsters. Definitely been a long day.

I have another +46 on my Zeus, almost wish i had never put those other + eggs on zeus in the first place so they could be on my ADK now :(

Yaari

Lol and there I was saving + Eggs for an eventual Zeus while could have put them on my ADK. Why do you want them all on ADK though, isnt Zeus better in the long run?

And wow, 35 eggs is pretty sick..

I'm actually having a hard time to decide who should get the eggs in general. I was thinking maybe save them till 5.0, but who would get them there? Its a pretty long term plan, so I really dont know.

Lol and there I was saving + Eggs for an eventual Zeus while could have put them on my ADK. Why do you want them all on ADK though, isnt Zeus better in the long run?

And wow, 35 eggs is pretty sick..

I'm actually having a hard time to decide who should get the eggs in general. I was thinking maybe save them till 5.0, but who would get them there? Its a pretty long term plan, so I really dont know.

Zeus is just so situational. Maybe if i had 2 Verches both max skilled, and a maxed noble mech, and some other really strong light monster zeus would be better. Currently its just too easy to get hit, and if you get hit even once with a 2x zeus team, youre probably dead. ADK is an amazing leader and really versatile, plus a +297 ADK would be ridiculous in a 2x parvati team. If i end up maxing him and then someday decide the + eggs would be better on someone else, id probably just feed the ADK to that other monster and then get another ADK

Yaari

Yeah I do guess ADK is a good fit in whatever team you run? If I were to want a Egyptian God team, ADK would still be a proper Wood sub?

ToxicAdam

Over 12015 HP? Can heal up to 10815 every two turns when the boss goes crazy on you? Can consistently get damage over 2200 to take down the demons? And you need delay or rainbow keeper skills for the two monster bind by the fog chimera, if it gets your resist leaders.

It's not easy, but I made it through in about 3 hours. Didn't have high enough damage output. And Genocide Missile cost me a couple stones when it got used 4 times in a row twice during the final fight.

Uhh ... I'm at 11.5k. Taking a break while fighting the Chimera right now. Slooooow.

Current team:

Chaos Dragon

Siren
Enchinda
Keeper
Keeper

Ceres w/ Dark resist

Got 35 + eggs for my ADK so far today farming Ocean of Heaven, not to mention 6 king metal dragons and about 400k worth of exp from regular trash monsters. Definitely been a long day.

I have another +46 on my Zeus, almost wish i had never put those other + eggs on zeus in the first place so they could be on my ADK now :(
Yeah. Ocean of Heaven and Oceanus Falls are such good farm spots for an ADK team during 1.5x events.

Adding-on to what cpp said, since I agree with him ... My thoughts on that, is that if another team, such as Zeus, ever makes my ADK team obsolete so that I have no reason to run ADK anymore, then I wouldn't hesitate to cannibalize my ADK into Zeus. ADKs in particular aren't that hard to acquire and raise, so that decision would be even easier. As cpp and I can attest, stat bonuses aren't that hard to come by while farming the right dungeons during increased drop rate events. It's not as impossible as I once believed to raise your monsters to +297. Take cpp's example of getting 35 +1 eggs so far, today. If he averaged that per day, it would only take 8.5 days to get a monster to +297, assuming an even split of HP, ATK, and RCV eggs. Of course, the chances of it working out perfectly like that is unlikely, but it's not as impossible a task as it can seem to max-stat multiple monsters, if you focus solely on that. Also, as cpp said, I'm working on a Parvati team, which ADK naturally fits right into, so ADK will still be useful.

razterik

Uhh ... I'm at 11.5k. Taking a break while fighting the Chimera right now. Slooooow.

Current team:

Chaos Dragon

Siren
Enchinda
Keeper
Keeper

Ceres w/ Dark resist

Stop now and save yourself some pain/time/stones. The boss's charge attack will kill you every time, and two keeper skills won't be enough with their 20 turn cooldown. Sorry, dude. I tried it the same way a couple times and always wiped at the end.

Yaari

Yeah. Ocean of Heaven and Oceanus Falls are such good farm spots for an ADK team during 1.5x events.

Adding-on to what cpp said, since I agree with him ... My thoughts on that, is that if another team, such as Zeus, ever makes my ADK team obsolete so that I have no reason to run ADK anymore, then I wouldn't hesitate to cannibalize my ADK into Zeus. ADKs in particular aren't that hard to acquire and raise, so that decision would be even easier. As cpp and I can attest, stat bonuses aren't that hard to come by while farming the right dungeons during increased drop rate events. It's not as impossible as I once believed to raise your monsters to +297. Take cpp's example of getting 35 +1 eggs so far, today. If he averaged that per day, it would only take 8.5 days to get a monster to +297, assuming an even split of HP, ATK, and RCV eggs. Of course, the chances of it working out perfectly like that is unlikely, but it's not as impossible a task as it can seem to max-stat multiple monsters, if you focus solely on that. Also, as cpp said, I'm working on a Parvati team, which ADK naturally fits right into, so ADK will still be useful.

Interesting, thanks. I don't think it works for me because Parvati is not neccesarily my goal right now, but I'll definitely consider that. I do use the ADK often and right now I got 40 eggs sitting there for nothing.

Damn. Mystic flame knight just appeared three times on three different sky dragon experts and didn't drop. I wonder what the drop rate is.

MicH

What is the best strategy in regards to ADK and CDKs? Would I rather want extra firepower (dual ADK leaders) or both decent firepower and an HP boost (ADK and CDK leaders)?

I can utilize the green/dark team with ADK, CDK as well as green and dark rippers. But I am unsure of how to approach it. Does any of you have experience with this combo?

I have the following available:
ADK*
CDK*
CDD
GED (well, soon. Needs 20 levels to evolve)
Dark Mech
Wind Mech

I have unevolved Mystic Knights (2 Stone, 1 Dark) as well that I can level up and evolve. I read somewhere that 3 ADKs and 2 CDKs are good to have.

razterik

What is the best strategy in regards to ADK and CDKs? Would I rather want extra firepower (dual ADK leaders) or both decent firepower and an HP boost (ADK and CDK leaders)?

I can utilize the green/dark team with ADK, CDK as well as green and dark rippers. But I am unsure of how to approach it. Does any of you have experience with this combo?

I have the following available:
ADK*
CDK*
CDD
GED (well, soon. Needs 20 levels to evolve)
Dark Mech
Wind Mech

I have unevolved Mystic Knights (2 Stone, 1 Dark) as well that I can level up and evolve. I read somewhere that 3 ADKs and 2 CDKs are good to have.

While the HP boost sounds good, if you can't waste the enemies with two ADKs, you will probably take more damage than the HP ADK/CDK gains you due to how much longer it will take per round.

Assuming no huge level disparities, I think that the more ADKs and CDKs you can put on the team, the better. ATK and HP may not be as high, but you will orb change more often and for more damage than the ripper/mech skills. If your ADK/CDK skills are max or close, only then would I consider swapping out one or two for a higher HP/ATK dragon. Of course, this all depends on the dungeon you are facing and how much damage you think you might take. Extra HP could make a lot of difference in some cases.

Edit: Also, subbing out a knight for an Echidna can make a lot of difference if you are struggling.

I think I'll be able to manage one more set of Naga dungeon runs before the event ends and that'll be it in terms of attempting to skill up my Echidna :(

MicH. As razterik said, while double HP sounds good, you'll be reducing your ATK bonus from 6.25x down to 2.5x, a 64% decrease in attack power. This means enemies will live longer, allowing them to deal more damage to you. Increasing HP alone isn't very effective without also increasing your healing capacity. You'll be able to take more damage before death, but won't be able to heal it back fast enough. You'll especially have a harder time against high defense mobs, since it'll be much harder to break through their armor. I say stick with ADK leaders, and if you need extra survivability, add an Echidna for time stops or Fortoytops to change Water orbs to Hearts when you need that extra healing.

As for the monsters you listed, it looks like you have everything you need to make an awesome ADK team. I personally run ADK/ADK/Wind Mech/CDK/CDK with ADK friend. 3 ADKs, for total a 4 ADKs including friend seems a little overkill imo, but it wouldn't be necessarily bad. I just think 3 of the same orb changers on a team is plenty, so I'd rather use that extra spot for utility or higher stats. In my case, I use a Wind Mech for its high HP and ATK. If I need a few more turns to kill a particularly tough boss, I'll switch it with an Echidna. I'll also switch an ADK and the Wind Mech with a Dark Mech and CDD if I'm running a Fire-based dungeon. But my ADK leader and 2 CDK sub members pretty much never leave the party, unless I'm running the weekend Tricolor dungeon that doesn't have Dark orbs.

All that said, I'd prioritize leveling up your ADK and CDK, and work on evolving your second CDK. After that, you can work on your second ADK or the Mech Dragons, whatever you prefer. I personally have no use for the ripper Dragons in my ADK team, unless there's no better option. Though, they're obviously useful outside of ADK teams when you need their resistance. So, that's a judgment call if you want to level them or not. Their active skills do 20,000 damage no matter what level they're at.

MicH. As razterik said, while double HP sounds good, you'll be reducing your ATK bonus from 6.25x down to 2.5x, a 64% decrease in attack power. This means enemies will live longer, allowing them to deal more damage to you. Increasing HP alone isn't very effective without also increasing your healing capacity. You'll be able to take more damage before death, but won't be able to heal it back fast enough. You'll especially have a harder time against high defense mobs, since it'll be much harder to break through their armor. I say stick with ADK leaders, and if you need extra survivability, add an Echidna for time stops or Fortoytops to change Water orbs to Hearts when you need that extra healing.

As for the monsters you listed, it looks like you have everything you need to make an awesome ADK team. I personally run ADK/ADK/Wind Mech/CDK/CDK with ADK friend. 3 ADKs, for total a 4 ADKs including friend seems a little overkill imo, but it wouldn't be necessarily bad. I just think 3 of the same orb changers on a team is plenty, so I'd rather use that extra spot for utility or higher stats. In my case, I use a Wind Mech for its high HP and ATK. If I need a few more turns to kill a particularly tough boss, I'll switch it with an Echidna. I'll also switch an ADK and the Wind Mech with a Dark Mech and CDD if I'm running a Fire-based dungeon. But my ADK leader and 2 CDK sub members pretty much never leave the party, unless I'm running the weekend Tricolor dungeon that doesn't have Dark orbs.

All that said, I'd prioritize leveling up your ADK and CDK, and work on evolving your second CDK. After that, you can work on your second ADK or the Mech Dragons, whatever you prefer. I personally have no use for the ripper Dragons in my ADK team, unless there's no better option. Though, they're obviously useful outside of ADK teams when you need their resistance. So, that's a judgment call if you want to level them or not. Their active skills do 20,000 damage no matter what level they're at.

I think even 3 orb changers for the same color is too much, as you'll just get starved for the color of orb that you need to change from (e.g. 3 max skill ADKs and you'll be starved for fire orbs, making your 3rd ADK kinda useless).

MicH

razterik and George Claw M.D thank you so much for your amazing input. Dual ADKs definitely seem like the way to go, especially when you put it like that and it is so much more powerful than what I used before (which was pretty much just ADK + random dragons). It just doesn't work that well to have 4 or 5 different attributes when you can have 1 or 2 and do so much more damage per combo. I'm definitely gonna work towards this. Thanks so much again

EDIT: If 3 ADKs is too much, wouldn't you be able to replace the sub for a Dark Mech or something like that? If you think that's too much, anyway. Also an easy way to build the team quick if you need to level up an extra ADK (and already have the Mech, of course)

razterik and George Claw M.D thank you so much for your amazing input. Dual ADKs definitely seem like the way to go, especially when you put it like that and it is so much more powerful than what I used before (which was pretty much just ADK + random dragons). It just doesn't work that well to have 4 or 5 different attributes when you can have 1 or 2 and do so much more damage per combo. I'm definitely gonna work towards this. Thanks so much again

EDIT: If 3 ADKs is too much, wouldn't you be able to replace the sub for a Dark Mech or something like that? If you think that's too much, anyway. Also an easy way to build the team quick if you need to level up an extra ADK (and already have the Mech, of course)

In a totally ideal scenario, I would either:

a) Replace the 3rd ADK with a max level Wind Skydragon or Dark Skydragon, for his ridiculously high ATK

or

b) for enemies with very high defense, replace the 3rd ADK with a max level Freyja. Freyja might seem out of place since she's not a dragon, but with her 1.5x ATK multiplier on wood monsters, that will give your green dragons on the team a 9.375x ATK multiplier for one turn. Great for doing a shitload of burst damage.

For ADK teams, in a scenario where we don't care about opportunity cost and are willing to dump 4m exp into a Skydragon, I prefer Skydragons over Mechs / rippers, because ADKs are not meant to get hit anyway, they're meant to do a ridiculous amount of damage. So play into its strength and choose the most fragile, but highest ATK dragon you can find, which would be the skydragons.

Emalde

Man, I can't wait for Dark Pengdras. These Metal Dragons are absolutely USELESS and when you don't get a King or even a High and just get baby dragons, it's just.. wasted stamina. Eugh. Version 5.0 can't come soon enough

Mind you, Dark/Light Pengdras wont actually be implemented in 5.0. Seems like they are of the upcoming 5.1 update, with the Monday Dungeon.

I'm thinking that my planned 2x Parvati setup for 2 Heroes is going to fall flat on its face due to Highlanders defense.

Even a 4-hit combo of all greens won't be enough to do more than 1 damage to him. And if I get a 7 hit combo, where 3 of the matches are green, I'll only do about 300 damage to him.

I can try going with Parvati / ADK, but even that's going to be difficult. I'm not sure I'll be able to heal through almost 6k damage every turn without the extra boost from the second Parvati, and I estimate my HP will only be somewhere around 22k.

Perhaps the best course of action is to sacrifice one of the green positions on my team for a Neptune. So something like

Parvati
Wind Mech
ADK
ADK
Neptune
Parvati

This should put me at around 28-30k HP with about 3800 RCV.

On second thought, maybe I should swap out the Wind Mech for Awoken Odin. That would keep me at almost the same HP, but bring me up to 4500 RCV, which is much safer given that Highlander does 5700 / turn

Will 5.1 be a part of our update whenever it happens?

The official word we have from GungHo is that we will get 5.0. That is subject to change, but honestly, I'm not complaining. 5.0 is a MASSIVE improvement over what we have, and while we may not get light/dark pengdras, the amount of stuff we will get will be more than enough to hold me off for at least another 3-5 months without getting antsy again.

I think even 3 orb changers for the same color is too much, as you'll just get starved for the color of orb that you need to change from (e.g. 3 max skill ADKs and you'll be starved for fire orbs, making your 3rd ADK kinda useless).
I feel 3 is borderline for me. I definitely would never run 4(including friend), but I run 3 because I happen to have a second max level/skill ADK(so I can have 2 in my eventual Parvati team). I don't feel like I constantly need to orb change, but it's nice pretty much having it at my disposal at all times once I reach turn 5. Plus, the Dragon Knights have decent RCV for being Dragons. When I used to only run 2 ADK leaders and 1 CDK sub member along with various other Dragons, I was really hurting in the RCV department. But, yeah, regarding 2 or 3 identical orb changers, I've determined that more than 2 orb changers is not essential. That's why I said only my ADK leader and 2 CDKs are constant staples in my team. Actually, when I finally max both of my Dark Mechs, I was thinking of going with dual ADK leaders and all Dark Dragons for sub members, using 2 Dark Mechs(or possibly Dark Sky Dragons) and 2 CDKs as my general ADK team. That would increase its effectiveness in Fire dungeons, which are generally toughest dungeons for predominantly Wood ADK teams.

For ADK teams, in a scenario where we don't care about opportunity cost and are willing to dump 4m exp into a Skydragon, I prefer Skydragons over Mechs / rippers, because ADKs are not meant to get hit anyway, they're meant to do a ridiculous amount of damage. So play into its strength and choose the most fragile, but highest ATK dragon you can find, which would be the skydragons.
I was also enticed by the high ATK, despite low HP, of the Sky Dragons. But while ADK's main focus is maximum damage, I'm not sure the extra 250 ATK(at max level) of Wood Sky Dragon offsets the additional 2489 HP of Wind Mech Dragon. I'm not always attacking for maximum damage every turn. Some times I'll take a few hits while I'm setting up the board or building skills. The extra HP buffer is nice in those cases, and extra HP is just nice in general because you never know. But, the Sky Dragons also have double the RCV of the Mech Dragons, so whatever damage you do take can be healed back faster. It's something I actually want to playtest or at least hear from someone who's tried both, because I can't decide just based on theory and raising 4mil exp Dark monsters is not easy.

ToxicAdam

Stop now and save yourself some pain/time/stones. The boss's charge attack will kill you every time, and two keeper skills won't be enough with their 20 turn cooldown. Sorry, dude. I tried it the same way a couple times and always wiped at the end.

Thanks for the heads up, I bailed on it.

Edgeward

Got my first God, Freyr. But man, she is so expensive to use. 20 or my 32 max ;_;. Just gonna have to keep her and constantly micromanage my monster box. Already holding other things too.

Kosh

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 3/3/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 08:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
B: 09:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby

Finally!

MechDragon dropped from Expert dungeon. Can't use him, but still! And i'm 97xp away from a level up w/ 25 stamina left (edit : dammit...wrong timezone for dragons). Very luck start to the day.

Oh yeah, and got my 60 day stones today as well. Probably going to push those into boxes. 75 isn't cutting it anymore.

Dawg

I'm at tower of giants and I'm starting to get problems. Boss battle has two fire giants and they just wreck my shit. I'm rank 20.

I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. I have a lvl 22 tyrannos, lvl 15 mystic stone knight, lvl 1 white knight, lvl 11 black knight and lvl 16 mermaid. Except for my tyrannos, my team just feels weak. Using light/dark/blue/green orbs is like doing 5% damage. Without an overpowered ally at this point, I'm pretty much nothing. Should I arm anything and level up my team?

I just beat emerald dragons special dungeon and I got a king emeral dragon (55k exp), that seems enough. Although I made use of a lvl 80 ancient dragon knight as ally.

Caerith

I'm at tower of giants and I'm starting to get problems. Boss battle has two fire giants and they just wreck my shit. I'm rank 20.

I'm wondering if I'm doing anything wrong. I have a lvl 22 tyrannos, lvl 15 mystic stone knight, lvl 1 white knight, lvl 11 black knight and lvl 16 mermaid. Except for my tyrannos, my team just feels weak. Using light/dark/blue/green orbs is like doing 5% damage. Without an overpowered ally at this point, I'm pretty much nothing. Should I arm anything and level up my team?

I just beat emerald dragons special dungeon and I got a king emeral dragon (55k exp), that seems enough. Although I made use of a lvl 80 ancient dragon knight as ally.
Who is your leader? If it's not your Mermaid, you really should reconsider-- her passive healing is quite nice.

Also, your team is kinda weak. I'm not going to criticize your choice of team members-- at this stage in the game, you probably don't have much choice-- but you're kinda underleveled. At the very least, you could get your white knight to level 2.

Kreed

You should feed your King Emerald Dragon to your Mystic Stone Knight (which evolves into Dragon Knight/Ancient Dragon Knight), as he'll get 90K exp since they are both the same element/color.

As for your team, you need to be taking more advantage of your leader skills. For example, your Tyrannos multiplies the attack of all fire monsters by 1.5 as it's leader skill. So adding more fire monsters to your line up would help you take advantage of that ability (don't worry about having a monster of every color, vs making strong teams that work your leader's skill). I'd also consider making your Mermaid the leader of your team because of her healing abilities every turn.

But while you're playing definitely power up all your monsters to higher levels and be on the look out for stronger monsters (example, the five colored "lil Dragons" are great allies through most of the regular game once they get to their final levels). But especially work on evolving/powering up your Tyrannos, Mermaid, and Mystic Stone Knight to their final forms.

LegoDad

I'm level 21 and getting stuck here as well... Though I feel I'm way underpowered and the drops to evolve aren't happening.

I have a lvl 17 Tyrannos (Leader), lvl MAX Water Pengdra (need sapphire dragon to evolve), lvl 17 Emerald Carbuncle (weakest monster no other earth monsters), lvl 14 Genie, lvl 15 Blood Demon.

I really need a monster that heals when matching orbs, but still think I'm just way underpowered.

Yea you guys will need to spend a little time levelling up your monsters.

A good idea is to farm tower of the giants / dragons of the tower on 1/2 stamina (if you can easily clear it) because it gives really good exp and you can basically chain level all the way up to rank 60+. Plus youll get lots of feed monsters in the process.

If you cant clear it easily, then do something like Neptune Glacier (Mermaid Feast), on the off chance you get a Siren to drop

OTIX

I'd really like to have a crack at rust mech legendary before it disappears but there's nothing useful on my friends list at the moment. Does anyone have a decent dark Neptune or non-white Hades I could use? I'd very much appreciate it.

386 745 214

Caerith

I'm level 21 and getting stuck here as well... Though I feel I'm way underpowered and the drops to evolve aren't happening.

I have a lvl 17 Tyrannos (Leader), lvl MAX Water Pengdra (need sapphire dragon to evolve), lvl 17 Emerald Carbuncle (weakest monster no other earth monsters), lvl 14 Genie, lvl 15 Blood Demon.

I really need a monster that heals when matching orbs, but still think I'm just way underpowered.
Your pengdra, once it evolves, is actually a feeder monster-- in its evolved form, it's worth 30k experience (45k to same element), so as soon as you have a decent blue you at least will have the means to level it quickly.

What did you get from the friendship gacha?

Rank 20 is still pretty early on and your fortunes can change. You might want to just scrap it and re-roll until you get a healer or god from your starting pull of the gacha, but you can still progress without much difficulty if you just work on shoring up your weaknesses. Here's what I would do:

While single-element teams are pretty awesome, and your Tyrannos buffs other red monsters, you probably don't have very many good red users and would be better served by having a five-color team for now. Your Tyrannos will tide you over for now, Genie isn't bad, and your Blood Demon-- well, I used one too, but in the long run you'll want something beefier. Right now, though, your green and blue need work.

Since you have strong red, grind the green dungeons until you get a goblin, an ogre, or a fighter. They're not great, but they're better than what you have. In Demeter Forest, grind at anything but the first level because there's a (microscopic) chance of getting a nice monster from the other bosses. Fairy's Invitation can drop Dryad (who ultimately evolves into Alraune, one of the best healers in the game-- if you get her, make her your leader and use her passive healing to make the next 40 levels easy mode). Keeper of Trees can drop Earth Golem, who looks kinda crappy but his HP and active skill are fantastic, especially in later evolutions. Ground Dragon Arisen and Hungry Green Dragon both have a chance at dropping Lil' Green Dragon, who evolves into a Ripper. If you get any of these, you're set on green. Even if not, getting at least a goblin or a fighter will give you a "good enough" green member.

Once your green doesn't suck, farm Neptune Glacier. You really don't want to use a pengdra as a party member if you don't have to. Your new green member will make farming blue easier, so follow the same rule. Get a goblin, ogre, or fighter, but if you farm the last four levels you have a chance at a Golem, a Lil' Blue Dragon, or Mermaid (the blue healer).

Once you have a party set up of, at minimum, your start dragon and two goblins/fighters/ogres, and have thrown the rest of your crap into them to give them some levels, you should be fine for Tower of Giants.

A word about starter dragons, though: they're nice early on, but you're going to hit a wall pretty soon. Tyrannos needs, amongst other things, Keeper of Red to evolve. Keepers are from Expert-level special dungeons. Until you can handle one, your Tyrannos is going to be stuck at level 35.

Lil' Dragons, on the other hand, end up at level 70 before they hit that wall. Lil' Dragons can be farmed, can result from the Friendship Gacha, and can drop from the PAL machine. And, in their ultimate evolution, their leader skill is to half damage of their element while their active skill does 20k damage; their nickname is "rippers." Rippers aren't the end-all be-all, but they're really really good team members and a lot easier to work with. If you get one, use it. If you don't have one, well, you will in time.

LegoDad

What did you get from the friendship gacha?

I have no clue..

Would it better to beef up a fighter over an Ogre, the problem with Ogre's are they give you little recovery.

Edit: Is that the friend gift? I haven't done that yet.. Best way is to give to a friend and they gift back to you right?

Caerith

I have no clue..

Would it better to beef up a fighter over an Ogre, the problem with Ogre's are they give you little recovery.

Edit: Is that the friend gift? I haven't done that yet.. Best way is to give to a friend and they gift back to you right?
Yeah, best to find someone also around your level and trade yours at the same time.

Fighters, goblins, and ogres are all fairly crappy. Whichever you beef up, you're beefing up in the short term only just because you don't have anything better. Fighters at least give you a nice active skill (lowering enemy defense).

You basically just want to balance having enough HP/RCV that you can keep yourself alive, and enough ATK that you can kill stuff before it kills you.

Slottm

Neo Member
I feel 3 is borderline for me. I definitely would never run 4(including friend), but I run 3 because I happen to have a second max level/skill ADK(so I can have 2 in my eventual Parvati team). I don't feel like I constantly need to orb change, but it's nice pretty much having it at my disposal at all times once I reach turn 5. Plus, the Dragon Knights have decent RCV for being Dragons. When I used to only run 2 ADK leaders and 1 CDK sub member along with various other Dragons, I was really hurting in the RCV department. But, yeah, regarding 2 or 3 identical orb changers, I've determined that more than 2 orb changers is not essential. That's why I said only my ADK leader and 2 CDKs are constant staples in my team. Actually, when I finally max both of my Dark Mechs, I was thinking of going with dual ADK leaders and all Dark Dragons for sub members, using 2 Dark Mechs(or possibly Dark Sky Dragons) and 2 CDKs as my general ADK team. That would increase its effectiveness in Fire dungeons, which are generally toughest dungeons for predominantly Wood ADK teams.

I was also enticed by the high ATK, despite low HP, of the Sky Dragons. But while ADK's main focus is maximum damage, I'm not sure the extra 250 ATK(at max level) of Wood Sky Dragon offsets the additional 2489 HP of Wind Mech Dragon. I'm not always attacking for maximum damage every turn. Some times I'll take a few hits while I'm setting up the board or building skills. The extra HP buffer is nice in those cases, and extra HP is just nice in general because you never know. But, the Sky Dragons also have double the RCV of the Mech Dragons, so whatever damage you do take can be healed back faster. It's something I actually want to playtest or at least hear from someone who's tried both, because I can't decide just based on theory and raising 4mil exp Dark monsters is not easy.

Chiming in a little here: Skydragons are trash due to low hp. As an adk team, don't think playing glass cannon alone will get you very far - you WILL get hit. Part of an ADKs job is being able to charge skills - learning what you can take hits from while charging up is an essential part of the team. If you're looking for a true "glass cannon" go with the zeus team. Skydragons pale in comparison to mechs, since mech dragons make up for ADK's already lacking hp.

To CPP - if you dont think double parv can do it, maybe try parv + freyja? You could also do double parv and bring something like an armor reduction monster, a poison...maybe like 1 flame dragon to breath every x turns.

Dawg

Who is your leader? If it's not your Mermaid, you really should reconsider-- her passive healing is quite nice.

Also, your team is kinda weak. I'm not going to criticize your choice of team members-- at this stage in the game, you probably don't have much choice-- but you're kinda underleveled. At the very least, you could get your white knight to level 2.

Tyrannos is leader. And yes, the white knight is level 1 since I only evolved it right before posting it.

I guess I'll make her leader and use your advice above (for a different poster, but I'm sure it'll help me too) and farm a bit.

Friend present (rank 20) got me the fire starter (the one which I already have and evolved to tyrannos) + lightning bird.

Chiming in a little here: Skydragons are trash due to low hp. As an adk team, don't think playing glass cannon alone will get you very far - you WILL get hit. Part of an ADKs job is being able to charge skills - learning what you can take hits from while charging up is an essential part of the team. If you're looking for a true "glass cannon" go with the zeus team. Skydragons pale in comparison to mechs, since mech dragons make up for ADK's already lacking hp.
Thanks for your input. I'm still leaning toward the Mechs, too, with an ADK/Dark Mech/Dark Mech/CDK/CDK/ADK build in particular with the Dark Mechs being interchangeable with utility monsters like Echidna or other. I just didn't want to blow off the Sky Dragons so easily because I've seen people make great use of monsters I didn't think so highly of before. You're right. If you don't plan on getting hit, might as well go with Zeus, which isn't weak against any element, and gives 9x ATK vs 6.25x ATK, an additional 44% boost.

atlantos

Neo Member
Tyrannos is leader. And yes, the white knight is level 1 since I only evolved it right before posting it.

I guess I'll make her leader and use your advice above (for a different poster, but I'm sure it'll help me too) and farm a bit.

Friend present (rank 20) got me the fire starter (the one which I already have and evolved to tyrannos) + lightning bird.

If you can find a friend with Green Odin as a leader, you should be able to pass through tower of Giants with flying colours... Green Odin reduces damage by 80% as long as your health is full... You just have to be careful about healing when you get hit and before getting hit again..

To CPP - if you dont think double parv can do it, maybe try parv + freyja? You could also do double parv and bring something like an armor reduction monster, a poison...maybe like 1 flame dragon to breath every x turns.

im thinking of skydragons more in a 2x hindu gods team than an ADK team. and particularly when high defense enemies are involved.

sometimes that extra 250 ATK can make the difference between doing 1 dmg and doing a few thousand

atlantos

Neo Member
Guys, any tip on how to get past king of the underworld in Tomb of the Saint - Expert? I am guessing the only way will be to have resolve team? Can double ADK team kill Hades before getting hit yourself? Otherwise, I have to set up a resolve team and I am not too confident in my survival chances in the prior rounds before getting to the Hades..

Also, what's better in the later levels, a team of multi colour or just have a single colour team? I am so afraid of running out of gems of the colour in single colour teams... I got gen changers but they take a while to charge up...

Guys, any tip on how to get past king of the underworld in Tomb of the Saint - Expert? I am guessing the only way will be to have resolve team? Can double ADK team kill Hades before getting hit yourself? Otherwise, I have to set up a resolve team and I am not too confident in my survival chances in the prior rounds before getting to the Hades..

Also, what's better in the later levels, a team of multi colour or just have a single colour team? I am so afraid of running out of gems of the colour in single colour teams... I got gen changers but they take a while to charge up...

guess you need resist + odin which brings it down to 6666 damage. Then you just have to manual heal and dish out damage. Best bet would be a dark/water neptune.

Stuck there myself.

Slottm

Neo Member
im thinking of skydragons more in a 2x hindu gods team than an ADK team. and particularly when high defense enemies are involved.

sometimes that extra 250 ATK can make the difference between doing 1 dmg and doing a few thousand

You'd have more hp and rcv using a norse god + mech than a hindu god + sky.

The premise of using an indian team is the high hp value, so you can soak huge hits and heal back up. I mean sure, maybe situationally you could pull off a sky dragon here or there against certain fights, but in general...they're kind of crappy

atlantos

Neo Member
guess you need resist + odin which brings it down to 6666 damage. Then you just have to manual heal and dish out damage. Best bet would be a dark/water neptune.

Stuck there myself.

That means I need to raise my siren as quickly as I can :( I got a couple of mermaids from rare pulls during the god fest but I haven't raise them yet... I got Odin and dark neptune friends decisions... decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom