• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Just got two Greats in a row... While feeding Kings and Pengdras to my team members! YEEEAAAHHH!

Finally I get the benefit of the bonuses!

Yaari

So yesterday someone on the Puzzle Dragons forum made a topic about rolling REM just once, and he ended up getting a Neptune. I decided to try once aswell, and I pulled him aswell. Quite funny, non-God fest. Not even Water event, and then pulling the same thing.

Nice to replace my Succubus with I guess.

Only managed to get 35 plants yesterday, should have put some more effort into that. Especially at the rate Red Pengdra are coming with in CoS:iTA

J0dy77

I have a secondary goal of maxing out the team members that are the most helpful monsters for my friends list.

For my own use I'm currently working on my Parvati tGG.

What would people find most useful?

Possible candidates:
Neptune
Awoken Odin (lvl 50ish right now)
Ceres x2 to ultimate evolutions x2
Vampire Lord > Duke
Shiva the Destroyer
Lakshmi (need to evo her still)
Freyja (need to evo her too)
Valk (currently languishing at lvl30)
all the toy dragons for dual resist
Siren the Enchanter
Red/Green/Blue starter dragons to ultimate evolution for the ATK and RCV bonus

I'm planning on levelling the most useful to lvl60 or so. If a monster is helpful at max e.g a particularly high HPd Odin, then I'll max it out.

That's a very nice list Khar, extremely Jealous. I think you have the order right as well. Neptune and Odin are "best in game" mobs. You can never have too many on your friend list.

I'm going to be doing a similar process. I want to get princess Valk leveled, finish off my vamp evolve and then start dumping a lot of levels into Horus and Siren. I'd like to max Siren and feed her at least 20 more RCV eggs, get her to OP status.

So yesterday someone on the Puzzle Dragons forum made a topic about rolling REM just once, and he ended up getting a Neptune. I decided to try once aswell, and I pulled him aswell. Quite funny, non-God fest. Not even Water event, and then pulling the same thing.

Nice to replace my Succubus with I guess.

Only managed to get 35 plants yesterday, should have put some more effort into that. Especially at the rate Red Pengdra are coming with in CoS:iTA

man, stop trolling.

If I pull once I'm going to get a Rider

Radav

So I had a halfway decent couple runs this morning with the Expert Sprites and got 2 Dub-Mythlits plus a couple Dub-amelits and Dub-Topalits. I'm leaning towards going the Sea Deity Abyss Neptune route with my Neptune but was curious if anyone had a vote for going with the Water/Light version of his ultimate Evo.

Water/Light lets you farm Ocean of Heaven for Mystic Mask easier and in an Egyptian team lets you sub in a max SL Vampire instead of a Valkyrie for element coverage.

suko_32

so theres only 1 floor in the expert sprite dungeon I can get dub-darks? well thats shit...this could take a while.

If you get lucky you can make that 2!

I need one my myself so I can make an Abyss Neptune. I have a lot of dub-lights in my box that I don't need. I should of evolved my first Neptune into Abyss if I knew RNG would be like this to me -_-

Khar

That's a very nice list Khar, extremely Jealous. I think you have the order right as well. Neptune and Odin are "best in game" mobs. You can never have too many on your friend list.

I'm going to be doing a similar process. I want to get princess Valk leveled, finish off my vamp evolve and then start dumping a lot of levels into Horus and Siren. I'd like to max Siren and feed her at least 20 more RCV eggs, get her to OP status.

Cheers for the advice, J0dy.

I was just thinking yesterday how much I rely on other people on my friends list. Particularly Ammys and useful mobs like Neptune and Hades. I want to be of similar use to people -- especially during events like Hera or Zeus.

My Neptune and Odin will definitely get powered up to max.

so theres only 1 floor in the expert sprite dungeon I can get dub-darks? well thats shit...this could take a while.
In my experience it's incredibly frustrating farming for specific dublits. It took 10 runs last week before I got the three dub amelits that I needed. And in those ten runs the green dublit I needed only dropped once. On the plus side I'm now ready to make Venus light light I f I can ever be bothered putting exp into her.

Radav

Water/Light lets you farm Ocean of Heaven for Mystic Mask easier and in an Egyptian team lets you sub in a max SL Vampire instead of a Valkyrie for element coverage.

Hmm I hadn't thought of that. I have plenty of ways to get dark resist myself so I think maybe I'll go with Heaven Neptune instead of Abyss. Thanks for the advice.

In my experience it's incredibly frustrating farming for specific dublits. It took 10 runs last week before I got the three dub amelits that I needed. And in those ten runs the green dublit I needed only dropped once. On the plus side I'm now ready to make Venus light light I f I can ever be bothered putting exp into her.

I really just need Light or Dark (for Busty Evo's). I've ended up fusing a few of dub-mythlits since I had 6 drop today.

feeds 2 dub-mythlits to CDK to clear box space. gets a super. dat RNG

So that "Big Combo" app was removed from the store. There is another one like it that was just released last week, but it will probably be removed as well. I was considering getting it to help with my Horus team but now I'm leery to try the new one for .99 since it will probably be taken down as well,

J0dy77

Cheers for the advice, J0dy.

I was just thinking yesterday how much I rely on other people on my friend's list. Particularly Ammys and useful mobs like Neptune and Hades. I want to be of similar use to people -- especially during events like Hera or Zeus.

My Neptune and Odin will definitely get powered up to max.

I'm trying to think of the best possible friend leaders you can have.

Ammy: great for clearning all normal content
Odin: Only character with the Full HP reduction
Neptune: Best poison in game, dual resist
Shiva: Highest armor break in game and specialized for Wednesday and Friday dungeons
Viper: 50% resolve
Isis/Horus: for those specific types of teams.

Then there are the specific Mono color leaders: Parvati, Apollo, Ares, Lakshmi, Loki, Freyja, Artemis, etc. But there very specific to the rest of your team.

Who am I missing?

I'm trying to think of the best possible friend leaders you can have.

Ammy: great for clearning all normal content
Odin: Only character with the Full HP reduction
Neptune: Best poison in game, dual resist
Shiva: Highest armor break in game and specialized for Wednesday and Friday dungeons
Viper: 50% resolve
Isis/Horus: for those specific types of teams.

Then there are the specific Mono color leaders: Parvati, Apollo, Ares, Lakshmi, Loki, Freyja, Artemis, etc. But there very specific to the rest of your team.

Who am I missing?

Might be specific, but 2x D/D Hades I believe has the highest dark reduction possible in the game. Brings dark damage to 16%.

Hmm I hadn't thought of that. I have plenty of ways to get dark resist myself so I think maybe I'll go with Heaven Neptune instead of Abyss. Thanks for the advice.
I am kicking myself for turning Neptune to Abyss for the purposes of running Two Heroes when I ended up not using him in it anyways. Sure, I can reverse busty... but that's 6 dubmyths, 3 dubdarks, and a Rainbow Keeper flushed down the drain.

Who am I missing?
+297 Zeus obviously

MicH

Just got two +eggs in one Cursed Jewel run. No Knight still.. 25+ runs without a single Ice Knight. Kill me now.

MicH

PAD is being very kind to me today. Just did 4 runs of Ruby dragons. In those four runs I got 5 kings and 3 highs. I'm gonna miss that 2x King appearance so much :(

EDIT: Sorry for doublepost!

Is shrine of sprites master the best location for dub-amelits? I remember seeing some dubs in later technicals, but I can not Denver which ones. Usually u would check puzzledragonx but it is not working for me this morning.

EDIT: Also realized i need about 8 mithlits... hopefully monday will be productive in the tech dungeons... Mithlit drops in the lower shrine of sprites are just terrible, and I do not need any other low lits.

Radav

Is shrine of sprites master the best location for dub-amelits? I remember seeing some dubs in later technicals, but I can not Denver which ones. Usually u would check puzzledragonx but it is not working for me this morning.

Talos's Abyss tech levels can drop Dub-Amelits. I was planning on trying to farm there on Monday and see how it goes.

Yaari

I am kicking myself for turning Neptune to Abyss for the purposes of running Two Heroes when I ended up not using him in it anyways. Sure, I can reverse busty... but that's 6 dubmyths, 3 dubdarks, and a Rainbow Keeper flushed down the drain.

ly
Isnt he great for Ice Hera though?

6 dub-mythlits today and 1 dub-amelit. unreal. So much trolling.

So, if I ever get another amelit to drop, do i busty evo Ceres or Hades first? Using Ceres in my green team, while Hades will be more situational as a leader

razterik

If you have a decent ADK or green team with some way to armor break Neptune, such as a knight or Shiva, I don't think you will be farming Ocean of Heaven with a resist stategy. So I would not base your decision too much on that.

Still, Heaven Neptune is more rare, so he is nice to have around. Lots of Abyss available as friends, anyway.

Radav

6 dub-mythlits today and 1 dub-amelit. unreal. So much trolling.

So, if I ever get another amelit to drop, do i busty evo Ceres or Hades first? Using Ceres in my green team, while Hades will be more situational as a leader

Holy cow... my shopping list for evolve mats from all the stuff I've gotten over the last 2 god fests is so big that I'd pay to get that many dub-mythlits at this point. I think ultimately you'd get more use out of a Hades over a Ceres but that's without knowing what you have in your monster box.

ToxicAdam

How many of you here have actually spent money on stones? And if so, how much?

I have not yet, and will not spend any. I'm too cheap.

I think the question should be "who HASN'T spent money on stones". Because the vast majority of people posting in here has.

I have spent 10 dollars, only because I wanted to show support for Gungho's efforts.

Radav

If you have a decent ADK or green team with some way to armor break Neptune, such as a knight or Shiva, I don't think you will be farming Ocean of Heaven with a resist stategy. So I would not base your decision too much on that.

Still, Heaven Neptune is more rare, so he is nice to have around. Lots of Abyss available as friends, anyway.

Between the fact there are alot of people with Abyss Neptunes around and the point Cosmo made about potential uses on an Egyptian team I decided to go with Water/Light. Seemed like my best use for him overall.

Radav

I don't mind admitting that in the three months that I've played I've spent nearly $100. I only sort of feel guilty because of the RNG nature of the REM pulls. I've played the crap out of the game so feel like they deserve to get something out of me and I also like supporting a product I find enjoyable.

Holy cow... my shopping list for evolve mats from all the stuff I've gotten over the last 2 god fests is so big that I'd pay to get that many dub-mythlits at this point. I think ultimately you'd get more use out of a Hades over a Ceres but that's without knowing what you have in your monster box.

you asked for it

FIRE
  • Shiva the Destroyer 52
  • Red Skydragon El Dorado 15
  • Firedragon Tyrannos 56
  • Echidna the Red Empress 35
  • Meteor Volcano Dragon 28
  • Phoenix Knight 56
  • Titan 23
  • Shaitan 25

ICE
  • Blue Skydragon Nirai Kani 17
  • Siren the Enchantress 52
  • Crystal Aurora Dragon 24
  • Viper Orchi 6
  • Snow Dome Dragon Bleu 17
  • Fenrir Knight Kamui 18
  • Shardran 25
  • Plesios 13
  • Mermaid 14

WOOD
  • Parvati the Golden Goddess 60
  • Wood Skydragon Horai 21
  • Graviton Earth Dragon 27
  • Ancient Dragon Knight 60
  • Fertility Deity Ceres 31
  • Mandrake 32
  • Brachys 1
  • Sylph 30
  • Dragon Knight 50
  • Marine Rider Robin 32

LIGHT
  • Holy Skydragon Shangri-La 11
  • Thor 10
  • Holy Dragon 68
  • Fairlion 26
  • Genie 8
  • Ivory Dragon 6

DARK
  • Annihilate Mechdragon Hadar 17
  • Night Skydragon Elysion 15
  • Chaos Devil Dragon 21
  • Anubis 20
  • Gryps Rider 10
  • Underworld Deity Hades 37
  • Hades 30
  • Lilith 50
  • Choas Dragon Knight 24
  • Dark Golem 14
  • Dark Dragon Knight 18

J0dy77

I don't mind admitting that in the three months that I've played I've spent nearly $100. I only sort of feel guilty because of the RNG nature of the REM pulls. I've played the crap out of the game so feel like they deserve to get something out of me and I also like supporting a product I find enjoyable.

I'm at $20 currently and don't regret any of the money spent. The last 3 times I gave them $5 was just to show support after enjoying the events they've provided. I learned my lesson after spending money for one spin (nothing but heartbreak there).

I'd be interested to see how many hours I've invested in the game but I have to be nearing 100+ if not a lot more. Well worth the money spent.

MicH

Just made a new list of all the materials I need to farm. Demon masks, regular lits and small masks are not on the list as theyøre rarely used:

Code:
Rainbow Keeper			8
Blue Keeper			2
Green Keeper			3
Red Keeper			2
Dark Keeper			8
Light Keeper			4
Dub-Mythlit			11
Blue Dublit			2
Green Dublit			3
Red Dublit			1
Dark Dublit			3
Light Dublit			3
Dragon Fruit			6
Mythlit				9
Mystic Mask			15
Blue Divine Mask		1
Green Divine Mask		3
Red Divine Mask			2
Dark Divine Mask		8
Light Divine Mask		4
Metal King			2
Quite a lot to get. Of course I won't evolve everything at once, but it's nice to know what I need to keep and what I can sell.

Just made a new list of all the materials I need to farm. Demon masks, regular lits and small masks are not on the list as theyøre rarely used:

Code:
Rainbow Keeper			8
Blue Keeper			2
Green Keeper			3
Red Keeper			2
Dark Keeper			8
Light Keeper			4
Dub-Mythlit			11
Blue Dublit			2
Green Dublit			3
Red Dublit			1
Dark Dublit			3
Light Dublit			3
Dragon Fruit			6
Mythlit				9
Mystic Mask			15
Blue Divine Mask		1
Green Divine Mask		3
Red Divine Mask			2
Dark Divine Mask		8
Light Divine Mask		4
Metal King			2
Quite a lot to get. Of course I won't evolve everything at once, but it's nice to know what I need to keep and what I can sell.

I have something like this too, but removed the materials for stuff I don't plan on using. Too many priorities to worry about Thor and Anubis (etc.) right now.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've run this Friday dungeon about 6 times now, only one rubylit. This is the worst luck ever. I don't even need any other one.

8th time is the charm I guess. My egg is the Fire version, which is good because I have a couple strong monsters for a fire team I suppose.

edit: I got a Sarutobi Sasuke. Is it worth leveling up over the Brachys I have which is waiting to be evolved again?

I've run this Friday dungeon about 6 times now, only one rubylit. This is the worst luck ever. I don't even need any other one.

8th time is the charm I guess. My egg is the Fire version, which is good because I have a couple strong monsters for a fire team I suppose.

In my 8 runs, I got about 4-5 Rubylits.

RNG Broken : Confirmed

edit: I got a Sarutobi Sasuke. Is it worth leveling up over the Brachys I have which is waiting to be evolved again?

Once you evolve Sasuke, he has incredible ATK and HP at levels above 50 (far better than Brachys's ultimate Evo), and he is an orb changer (blue to Green, if I remember) He is a great sub addition to any mono green team.

In my 8 runs, I got about 4-5 Rubylits.

RNG Broken : Confirmed
Desire Sensor: working as intended

Abyss Neptune being useful on Hera-Is (apparently that isn't a typo since that's how you write and pronounce ice in some European language?) is a good point that I hadn't considered since we don't have her yet.

MicH

6 runs of the Expert Friday dungeon. Need fDub-Rubylits and Dub.Mythlits. What do I get?

1 Dub.Rubylit, 0 Dub-Mythlits

THANKS

SaintR

Question guys is Gigas worth the effort to evolve to red giant Gigas...mine i at 41 don't know if I should feed him some kings or just buff up the rest of my red team

daemissary

I haven't spent any money on stones but its only because the value proposition is just absurdly bad. $5 for a single pull? I might spend $5 if I got 5 pulls. Or $5 for a single pull if I were guaranteed to get a monster than wasn't farmable or terrible.

I want to give Gungho money for the amount of time I've spent in this game but I just can't do it with the way they are currently monetizing.

mercviper

no $$ spent on stones... but I spent like 1-2 weeks re-rolling to pull my amaterasu at the beginning lol.

205 box space and I've REG pulled probably 8-1012 times total. I've also burned about 6 stones for stamina/retries because I didn't think I'd still be playing, or at least playing long enough to use up all the stones I can still get. I'm on Shrine of Green Water in technicals and Clayus Prison in normals. Still haven't done Legendary weekend dungeon either so there's a stone there as well.

lenni

Finally had a Verche drop again in CoSitA after what must have been over 30 tries. And it also gave me the final skill up! Yeah!

massoluk

Banned

Code:
Rainbow Keeper			8
Blue Keeper			2
Green Keeper			3
Red Keeper			2
Dark Keeper			8
Light Keeper			4
Dub-Mythlit			11
Blue Dublit			2
Green Dublit			3
Red Dublit			1
Dark Dublit			3
Light Dublit			3
Dragon Fruit			6
Mythlit				9
Mystic Mask			15
Blue Divine Mask		1
Green Divine Mask		3
Red Divine Mask			2
Dark Divine Mask		8
Light Divine Mask		4
Metal King			2

I'm just curious, how many boxes do you have... Looks like a tons of material.

ToxicAdam

I haven't spent any money on stones but its only because the value proposition is just absurdly bad. $5 for a single pull? I might spend $5 if I got 5 pulls. Or $5 for a single pull if I were guaranteed to get a monster than wasn't farmable or terrible.

I want to give Gungho money for the amount of time I've spent in this game but I just can't do it with the way they are currently monetizing.

Stones aren't just for pulls. You can use them to expand your friends list, your monster boxes, or get stamina refills on days when you need to do some farming.

People get too hung up on the 5 dollars a pull thing. 25 extra boxes is going to go a lot further for you than getting your third Undine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom