• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Earth Knight is useful for the Wood-only Technical dungeon for defeatng those high defense mobs. Wood doesn't have any poisoners or other armor breakers that I know of.
While this may be true, evolved knights drop from later game dungeons, and apparently bustied ogres (also easily farmed) also work on them. No reason to hold onto one until you actually have to attempt the dungeon.

SaberVulcan

Alright, about to go on lunch break and try this team out on Hera:

Siren should be healing for ~1750 a turn.. so I need a Viper friend with ~550 HP and I SHOULD be okay after round 4. Hopefully someone has a low level Viper up ><;

Whelp. Not even close. Most of my monsters were doing 1 damage to the Devils.. used 2 gems to kill the first wave, then laughed when even with +5 turns I couldnt do 10% dmg to the Devil in round 2.

Kreed

Just ran Whiskey dungeon on expert again for the 40 billionth time, still no drop. I'm certain it will never drop and is a waste of my time.

Definitely don't bother with Expert with any of the dragon dungeons. I learned that the hard way when I was trying to farm a Mystic Ice Knight from the Blue Skydragon dungeon on Expert for days and not getting any drops, vs now every time I do a single Master dungeon attempt I usually get at least the boss Dragon.

After spending all weekend with no results, my first Cursed Jewels run netted me a Mystic Ice Knight, aww yeah. Wonder if I should attempt to skill it up.

oh wow. Just had a mermaid drop from Oceanus fall on my first run through.

Any reason for 3 Sirens? I have 1 max skilled and another mermaid already. Hope for a skill up??

edit : next run of plant dungeon. 3 seeds, flower, fruit. 3 plants showed up the whole run (2 at the end). Gungho has the worst random number generator ever.

quoting for new page

Kosh

oh wow. Just had a mermaid drop from Oceanus fall on my first run through.

Any reason for 3 Sirens? I have 1 max skilled and another mermaid already. Hope for a skill up??

edit : next run of plant dungeon. 3 seeds, flower, fruit. 3 plants showed up the whole run (2 at the end). Gungho has the worst random number generator ever.

The RNG seems fine to me. :p

Sch0jKXl.jpg

Radav

The RNG seems fine to me. :p

Sch0jKXl.jpg

LOL the dragon plant stuff is really hit or miss. I do wish there was a better setup. They could switch that stupid flower level on round 4 to a dragon plant for starters.

Man after two 1.5-2 hour runs through Hera I'd love to take a shot at this with a Horus team. You'd have to have some pretty beefed up subs but with a couple good heart to orb changers you could probably blast your way through pretty easily. I was getting piles of heart orbs just wishing I had one with enough HP to swap for a Rainbow Keeper.

How many of you are planning on attempting Zeus and Valkyrie?

Can't think of any teams that use three sirens, so go ahead.

thanks. no skill up...smh

LOL the dragon plant stuff is really hit or miss. I do wish there was a better setup. They could switch that stupid flower level on round 4 to a dragon plant for starters.

Man after two 1.5-2 hour runs through Hera I'd love to take a shot at this with a Horus team. You'd have to have some pretty beefed up subs but with a couple good heart to orb changers you could probably blast your way through pretty easily. I was getting piles of heart orbs just wishing I had one with enough HP to swap for a Rainbow Keeper.

How many of you are planning on attempting Zeus and Valkyrie?

lolnope.

Havn't seen anything on the Valk dungeon, but i'm going to guess it's a no. What sort of team is needed?

parasight

Finally finished Hera after what had to be 2 hours. No stones. Super safe but boring team. My first Hera but considering doing it at least once more today. It is quite the bore though.

lcPtYne.jpg

Found an Awoken Odin with 4.5k HP

Havn't seen anything on the Valk dungeon, but i'm going to guess it's a no. What sort of team is needed?
You need a seriously tweaked out team for Valk, if you fail to burst her 2.7m HP (3.5m on Super Hell) to death she heals to full life, then batters you for a stupid amount of damage next turn. This is the only dungeon in the game you can't throw stones at to win. The ZH wiki lists that she heals back to full three times, but that's only because everybody gave up by that point and didn't want to see if she'd heal again.

Apparently a GH representative on the Facebook confirmed we're getting collab dungeons. This has to be at least the third time something has happened the day we started bitching about it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Finally got to evolve a couple things (I've been sitting on 10 things to evolve waiting for plants).

Can't wait for Friday dungeon.

What's the best way to get a shot of my monster box? I want to get some advice.

You need a seriously tweaked out team for Valk, if you fail to burst her 2.7m HP (3.5m on Super Hell) to death she heals to full life, then batters you for a stupid amount of damage next turn. This is the only dungeon in the game you can't throw stones at to win. The ZH wiki lists that she heals back to full three times, but that's only because everybody gave up by that point and didn't want to see if she'd heal again.

Apparently a GH representative on the Facebook confirmed we're getting collab dungeons. This has to be at least the third time something has happened the day we started bitching about it.

oh to hell with that dungeon then.

Bitching leads to results : confirmed.

quoting for new page

3 mermaids? I finally drew an ammy, so my current max skilled 5* Siren is probably going to be eaten by her, so when a third Mermaid dropped for me yesterday I have kept it.

My 4* Siren is 1 skillup away from max skill and then EVO (so much cheaper to skill up at 4*).

Siren is incredibly useful, but the allure of Pal points from having a high level, really + egged Ammy is appealing.

Oh and Hera drop... I hate how many stones it took for me to clear. I did not have to use a single stone until Hera was at 50%, then the heart orbs stopped. The worst part was that it always seemed to happen when Siren had 1 turn left to go before her skill popped.

Thankfully I have a Hades, so I only needed 1 Hera. so not Saturday, but NEXT time Zues comes around I will be ready (persephone, Hades, Hera, and then either Dark Mech dragon or Busty EVO Dark Starter) I figure dual Persephone's should give me crazy HP, ATK, and RCV for the battle.

Khar

Success!

I took my Awoken Odin, 2 max skill Sirens, Lilith WotN and Rainbow Keeper and Hades.

The waves of knights took 4 stones to get through but I didn't have much trouble after that.

Ultra gravity helped massively in taking the bosses down more quickly.

Thanks Woody yet again!

If Woody refreshes Hades I might have another go. Otherwise I'll wait until the next Hera event. I can't face slogging it out with a CDD or Drawn Joker.

OTIX

Got a 0 stone clear with my CDD+Odin team. It was quite safe but holy crap did I underestimate the amount of time it would take. Gonna try it with my blue starter+Orochi team next, that 2x damage multiplier should hopefully speed things up a bit.

Lumiere

Neo Member
Success!

I took my Awoken Odin, 2 max skill Sirens, Lilith WotN and Rainbow Keeper and Hades.

The waves of knights took 4 stones to get through but I didn't have much trouble after that.

Ultra gravity helped massively in taking the bosses down more quickly.

Thanks Woody yet again!

If Woody refreshes Hades I might have another go. Otherwise I'll wait until the next Hera event. I can't face slogging it out with a CDD or Drawn Joker.
I have a Hades up in case Woody is not available right now - 348,149,216

Yaari

Mystic Knights droprate feels like complete crap today. I can't honestly believe GungHo doesnt change them in any way. It is just that different from other days.

Finally finished Hera after what had to be 2 hours. No stones. Super safe but boring team. My first Hera but considering doing it at least once more today. It is quite the bore though.

http://i.imgur.com/lcPtYne.jpg[img]

[B]Found an Awoken Odin with 4.5k HP[/B][/QUOTE]
Oh, snap! Congrats! I didn't even realize people were actually pouring +1s into their Odins, since it's been a while since I had to use them since I raised my own. Last time I utilized friend Odins, hardly any of them had many bonus stats. Just checked my friend list, and sure enough they are. Though, I only have 1 over 4.5K HP myself.

[quote="Cosmo Clock 21, post: 52668543"]Apparently a GH representative on the Facebook confirmed we're getting collab dungeons. This has to be at least the third time something has happened the day we started bitching about it.[/QUOTE]
Yay! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Caerith

Oh, snap! Congrats! I didn't even realize people were actually pouring +1s into their Odins, since it's been a while since I had to use them since I raised my own. Last time I utilized friend Odins, hardly any of them had many bonus stats. Just checked my friend list, and sure enough they are. Though, I only have 1 over 4.5K HP myself.

Yay! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Now we just need to start squeaking about mystic knight appearances and skill up rates.

Speaking of Mystic Knights, have you guys been successful with Mystic Knight drops in Hera's dungeon? They appear frequently, but just wondering what the actual drop rate is like. Might be worth farming the dungeon for those instead of Hera herself if the drop rate is respectable.

Speaking of Mystic Knights, have you guys been successful with Mystic Knight drops in Hera's dungeon? They appear frequently, but just wondering what the actual drop rate is like. Might be worth farming the dungeon for those instead of Hera herself if the drop rate is respectable.

I got a mystic Fire on my way through the dungeon, I did NOT get a skill up from it though.

I only went through once, so not much of a data point.

Yaari

I've saw reports of people getting one. And at the stamina costs of Hera, it might be more worthwhile than running Castle of Satan. But its not really a guaranteed drop there either so, not sure.

Besides if you want a specific color its even more questionable.

TimeKillr

So I want to run Hera again tonight in a few hours, but I have no Awoken Odins left in my list..

Would anybody mind putting theirs up? I'm farming for plants right now but I was planning on starting it in an hour or two...

Cr0wn0

Got 3 heras, first one I ran isis/horus. Second and third time I ran isis/isis. All in all it cost 7 stones. I ran it at like 2am and I kept underestimating the heals. I gave the valk orochi team a shot also but it was way too slow. Decided the stones were worth it and knocked it out in 15 minutes.

So I want to run Hera again tonight in a few hours, but I have no Awoken Odins left in my list..

Would anybody mind putting theirs up? I'm farming for plants right now but I was planning on starting it in an hour or two...
Just put mine up. Metal Dragons starts in an hour and a half for me. So, I'm gonna be switching back to ADK for that hour, FYI.

TimeKillr

Just put mine up. Metal Dragons starts in an hour and a half for me. So, I'm gonna be switching back to ADK for that hour, FYI.

Just used it, thanks! I figured I couldn't let that opportunity go.

What's sad is if I had calculated my stuff enough, I could've swapped one of my rainbow keepers for a white ripper to get more attack on Hera. I'll prolly finish her tomorrow morning :)

I've saw reports of people getting one. And at the stamina costs of Hera, it might be more worthwhile than running Castle of Satan. But its not really a guaranteed drop there either so, not sure.

Besides if you want a specific color its even more questionable.
Yeah. Wasn't thinking about specific colors. But more for just getting any color in general, if you're interested in skilling-up all the colors. And all the extra Heras could of course go toward skilling-up your Hades or Hera, too. I just wouldn't farm the dungeon for the sole purpose of Hera skill-ups. But combined with Mystic Knight drops and not-too-horrible exp/stam efficiency, it could be worthwhile. Of course, that's probably moot, since today is 2x Plant day, which I can't pass up aside from Metal Dragon hours.

edit:

What's sad is if I had calculated my stuff enough, I could've swapped one of my rainbow keepers for a white ripper to get more attack on Hera. I'll prolly finish her tomorrow morning :)
Cool. Anytime.

Ashodin

What's your team setup?

MicH

I have gotten no less than 4 Carbuncle +eggs from the Thursday dungeon today. I've never experienced this before! LOVE IT! I almost want more Carbuncles to drop now :p

daw840

Well. Got another ice knight from cage of the beast on normal which a previous post said as supposed to be light knight. And no skill up. I'm a sad panda.

J0dy77

Got 3 heras, first one I ran isis/horus. Second and third time I ran isis/isis. All in all it cost 7 stones. I ran it at like 2am and I kept underestimating the heals. I gave the valk orochi team a shot also but it was way too slow. Decided the stones were worth it and knocked it out in 15 minutes.

I might have to try this. Did you still need to bring poison for Neptune or can you break through with the high damage.

I finished the second run with the Valk team with 1 stone. I fat fingered the wrong orb and couldn't heal on one turn. Wanted to zero stone it so bad.

daw840

Well. Got a green knight on the final stage of the last stage in castle of satan in the abyss. Now I have a quandary. He's a +1 RCV so I want to feed him to my siren. But he could also skill up my ADK. What should I do?!?

Radav

Man, that Thursday dungeon! 10 Runs, I got 6 Dragon Fruit from the last stage. I mean really? Shouldn't these be rare! Probably the only time in this game I'd be unhappy seeing a gold egg show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom