• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

razterik

Got Zeus. 13 stones. Not bad, could have shaved four off that, but made mistakes. Died first round by missing my AOE orb and only hitting one monster. Dropped out and used a stone for stamina. Second try, I couldn't get rid of the light mask fast enough, so one stone there. Spent another on the demons due to a sloppy match and not hitting them hard enough since I was trying to save a few orbs for the chimeras. Got to the chimeras with no dark orbs, so I used both vamp and CDK skills at once. Should have used them in separate turns, would have given me an extra turn of good damage when I had a ton of heart orbs drop. So another stone. Thankfully their turns were synced, which is probably what kept me under 20 stones. Zeus wasn't too bad, but some extra levels on my team would have really helped when I was pecking away at his remaining life.

Still, happy I ran it. Now, what am I going to feed this guy...

Kosh

Zeus get! 20 stones, had such bad luck with orbs and offset chimeras. On top of that I didn't plan ahead and I'm a Mythlit short of evo.

Colby or whoever usually does updates probably asleep due to Zeus
[US] Metal Dragons (15 Stamina) 4/6/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

MicH

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
Thanks! I couldn't find it anywhere

J0dy77

I'm not sure I would ever be ready to dump 20 stones on Zeus. Hopefully the next time around I'll have enough levels in a team to beat him in as safe as possible fashion. Thinking something like:

Vamp, Hera x2, Viper, CDK, Zeus.

Anyone have any videos of Zues descended? I'd like to see the dungeon start to finish.

Haha! Damn! Looks like a lot of people have already used my newly acquired Zeus to take a crack at him themselves. I was able to get him to Lvl.94 and +60 bonus stats right off the bat with all the materials I'd been saving just for him. That included feeding my Noel Dragon for 1 million exp. Just woke up to find I helped 40 friends overnight. I haven't seen that large of a number since 80% of my friend list consisted of ADKs. It eventually balanced out with much more variety so I hadn't been getting the large friend usage I'd been used to in the past. I guess I'll be leaving Zeus up all day.

I'm not sure I would ever be ready to dump 20 stones on Zeus. Hopefully the next time around I'll have enough levels in a team to beat him in as safe as possible fashion. Thinking something like:

Vamp, Hera x2, Viper, CDK, Zeus.

Anyone have any videos of Zues descended? I'd like to see the dungeon start to finish.
Check this guy's YT vids. He has a bunch of vids beating Zeus with all kinds of teams. Just look for the vids with Zeus in the preview screens.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tubegameplayer

Colby

I wish I was as useful as the metal dragon guy! lol

Zeus is the first dungeon I've got to skip. It's a crappy feeling actually, but I'm going to have plenty of time to prepare for next time.

I wish I was as useful as the metal dragon guy! lol

Zeus is the first dungeon I've got to skip. It's a crappy feeling actually, but I'm going to have plenty of time to prepare for next time.
Nah. Don't fret over it. I had to skip a bunch of dungeons early-on, too. I couldn't even beat the Sky Dragons on adept. Forget about tackling Zeus. He won't be much use until you build up some team cost and other good monsters to surround him with, anyway.

Anyway. Didn't need another Zeus, but I wanted to test a new team using my newly acquired Zeus to see how few stones I could get away with. I also changed my strategy after my horribly botched plan failed the first time. I managed a much more satisfying 2-stone clear. Even then, I could have done it with 0 stones, if it weren't player mistakes.

1st battle, right off the bat in the first battle, I screwed-up and my finger slipped on my first attack. I failed to kill any of the Chimeras, and had to use a stone right in the first battle.

2nd battle, once again, I accidentally killed off the Masks too early, and headed into battle 3 with the Demons at less than full health and my skills not yet charged.

3rd battle, having killed off the Masks prematurely and starting this battle at less than full health, I spent a stone killing the Demons and continuing to charge my skills.

4th battle, the Chimera beasts were once again on staggered timers, but it didn't matter. I activated Demon Viper Orochi's skill to give me at least 6 turns to kill them off before they could pull off the attack. It would also give me enough turns to finish charging Zeus' skills. I didn't bother burning a Gravity this time. The Duke and CDK provided enough burst damage to kill them in 5 turns. 0 stones spent here.

Final battle, with the Duke and CDK both having max-skilled 5 turn cooldowns, everyone except for Orochi were ready for activation. I popped everyone's skills and burned down Zeus in a single turn. 0 stones spent here.

My team and spoils:

TJ7bpEL.jpg

wLyF6s8.jpg

MicH

Congrats on the Zeus, guys :D Wish I had built up my dark team in preparation, but I will get him next time!

Also got those still missing the Ancient Fire Dragon, it's drop x 2 now!

SaberVulcan

Congrats on the Zeus, guys :D Wish I had built up my dark team in preparation, but I will get him next time!

Also got those still missing the Ancient Fire Dragon, it's drop x 2 now!

Just noticed that, was gonna give it a shot... any particular strategy I should follow? Guessing auto-healer + red resist should work, throw in some blue subs and gogo?

J0dy77

Is there any reason why you don't see resolve teams with Zeus? Would it simply take too long to burn him? Seems like Valkyrie team would be good outside of the chimeras in round 4.

MicH

Just noticed that, was gonna give it a shot... any particular strategy I should follow? Guessing auto-healer + red resist should work, throw in some blue subs and gogo?
I think you need double resist (for Master). Autoheal + resist should work for expert. Bring some nukers and, if possible, poison

OTIX

HOLY SHIT 6 STONE CLEAR!

Jesus, running Horus in a serious dungeon is intense as all hell. I even messed up what would have been a huge combo, with Horus active skill, against the green chimera, because my hands got a little sweaty. That friction on the glass is a killer. :p

Managed to stall a couple rounds on the first wave before I had to kill the last one. The divine masks were unfortunately on the same timer, so after I took out the mystic mask I had only a couple turns to set up a massive Zeus hit to one shot the dark mask. Tried to keep the light mask alive as long as possible but with a rainbow team he's gonna get whittled down no matter what, it turned out to be enough though. Despite messing up on the chimeras I managed to kill the green pretty fast and Asgards skill actually did keep me alive a couple rounds extra. Spent 2 stones on the chimeras. My double gravity was just barely charged up when I reached Zeus and Echidna was almost ready again. Didn't mess up any combos on Zeus and got away with just 4 stones on him. Considering I wasn't even planning to try this dungeon I'm pretty damn happy about it.

Now why didn't I run the gold dragon dungeon at all? And why did I just fuse about 50 +1s to my monsters in the last few days? :)

ParityBit

I think you need double resist (for Master). Autoheal + resist should work for expert. Bring some nukers and, if possible, poison

Double resist for Master and Legend? What are some good teams you think? I see some volcano dragons out there, and I have one, so I think I can handle that part. Only poison I have is a level 8 succubus (I could bump her with some of the mats I have laying around in my boxes though)

Yaari

Apparently tomorrow only the difficult Valkyrie stage will be available! So not the easier version! Will not be easy.

MicH

Double resist for Master and Legend? What are some good teams you think? I see some volcano dragons out there, and I have one, so I think I can handle that part. Only poison I have is a level 8 succubus (I could bump her with some of the mats I have laying around in my boxes though)
I think that's how you need to do it. The Chimeras at stage 6 hit really hard.

I'm not too sure on strategy as I sailed through it with my mono water team

ParityBit

I think that's how you need to do it. The Chimeras at stage 6 hit really hard.

I'm not too sure on strategy as I sailed through it with my mono water team

Damn, I was going to try my Isis since it is tri-color! So far for my team I figure I should go with 2 red volcano dragons, the blue crystal one, and a Siren for orb changing (although I do not have a max skilled one yet).

Damn, I was going to try my Isis since it is tri-color! So far for my team I figure I should go with 2 red volcano dragons, the blue crystal one, and a Siren for orb changing (although I do not have a max skilled one yet).
I beat Legendary with an Isis team. Worked really well. I used 2 of each Tricolor. But I'd suggest 4 Water monsters and 1 each of Wood and Fire to trigger Isis' leader skill. A max skilled Siren is recommended to make sure you don't run out of Hearts to heal. You also need to make sure you have enough team HP to tank the boss' attacks. I beat the boss in 36 turns, but could have been quicker had I brought a couple more water monsters.

xCobalt

I thought I could do Legend but the Demons in the fifth round got me. Not sure if I have a team good enough to brute force my way through.

Cr0wn0

I had pretty much decided against doing Zeus since my Dark team was pretty much in its baby stage. Said screw it and gave it a shot with my 89 Isis and a maxed +297 Zeus friend. Took me 9 stones to clear it with a lvl 19 awoken Hera, 2 rippers and a Parvati. I completely forgot to swap in my Echidna :(, this would of been easily a 5 stone run for me. I used Parvati to help with stalling so I had everything up before I even hit the chimeras. Chimeras were synced and I was able to get them down in 2 stones I believe.

Zeus wasn't bad at all and I had to use the rest on him. I'm VERY happy to have him now and under 10 stones is worth it to me considering all of the shit I've pulled out of the rare egg machine. I also got my 100 day bonus wed's so I guess I kinda got Zeus for free.

I thought I could do Legend but the Demons in the fifth round got me. Not sure if I have a team good enough to brute force my way through.
Yeah. You need a strong team to use Isis due to no HP multipliers. Kill 'em before they kill you strategy. I 1-shotted both the Demons and Chimera beasts mid bosses.

Mad props to all the folk who've gotten through Zeus' dungeon! I'll get at him next time. Not sure if I can get my CDK max skilled, though. I'm having a hell of a time already getting my Vamp skilled.

Uthred

Vamps should be a 100% drop in castle of Satan, its breaking my mind seeing them pop up and getting another shitty ogre

Edit: Came across a vampire again, all the other monsters cleared and no eggs, 1.5% extra drop, did he drop? Did he fuck, oh Gung Ho feeding on players tears

ccbfan

Hmm can't do Zeus or valk tomorrow.

Should I run ancient fire dragons for skill ups or should I hunt for swordsman for skill ups.

Is it worth the time/stamina to farm marine goblins to max my siren skill? I am looking for something to make/help my teams.

Being able to max Siren's skill is one of the reasons why she's so desirable. That being said, depending on how soon you need a max skilled Siren, when Legendary Dragon Nibelheim rolls around in a few weeks you can get Marine Goblins very easily from his dungeon.

ParityBit

Being able to max Siren's skill is one of the reasons why she's so desirable. That being said, depending on how soon you need a max skilled Siren, when Legendary Dragon Nibelheim rolls around in a few weeks you can get Marine Goblins very easily from his dungeon.

Hrm. I was thinking I may need one for the king of the underworld in order to survive the 66666 attack. (Dark resist and Odin as leaders). I keep getting wiped in the ancient fire dragon dungeon. I am sorta stuck.

Quantum

I've recently restarted and have walked my way back up to the similar rank where I deleted my account last time. (99 I think)

I remain happy playing (without paying) and haven't added my name to the list but after trying the ancient fire dragon and watching the last few dungeons (hera and zeus) its almost like a zero stone run seems impossible.

not bitter - but the paywall for this game really seems to be apparent after the tomb of the saint.

I'm up at the kronos forest but wow - I'm certainly jealous of people who pay at this point - (again).

I know its insane, but I'm seriously thinking again about restarting as the first ten or so levels are so much fun - but the diminishing returns attenuate the joy I get clearing a level. I just don't have the hp to push forward and the need for jewel dragons, plants and technical have be wanting to restart.

Just not looking starting again with 20 stamina. ugh - such a strange game for me - so addicted, but so unwilling to buy stones to play the gambling game.

(while remaining totally jealous of the new hera and zeus wranglers!)

xCobalt

I've recently restarted and have walked my way back up to the similar rank where I deleted my account last time. (99 I think)

I remain happy playing (without paying) and haven't added my name to the list but after trying the ancient fire dragon and watching the last few dungeons (hera and zeus) its almost like a zero stone run seems impossible.

not bitter - but the paywall for this game really seems to be apparent after the tomb of the saint.

I'm up at the kronos forest but wow - I'm certainly jealous of people who pay at this point - (again).

I know its insane, but I'm seriously thinking again about restarting as the first ten or so levels are so much fun - but the diminishing returns attenuate the joy I get clearing a level. I just don't have the hp to push forward and the need for jewel dragons, plants and technical have be wanting to restart.

Just not looking starting again with 20 stamina. ugh - such a strange game for me - so addicted, but so unwilling to buy stones to play the gambling game.

(while remaining totally jealous of the new hera and zeus wranglers!)

I haven't put in any money into the game and have progressed relatively far. I can do Hera with 0 stones and I'm sure once I developed a decent team, I can run Zeus with little stones.

ToxicAdam

)

Are you scouting dungeons before you go into them, or just flying blind?

I know it doesn't sound fun, but you need to hit up the wiki's and see what you are up against and how much HP/RCV you need or what other kind of defense/strategies you might need. Then sit down and figure out what combination of pets / friends helpers are going to get you past a level. If you don't have the firepower, defense and healing can carry you a long way in this game. It just takes a bit longer.

OTIX

Has anyone gotten an echidna from the ancient dragon dungeon? Do you think the drop rate is about the same as in skydragon?

J0dy77

Has anyone gotten an echidna from the ancient dragon dungeon? Do you think the drop rate is about the same as in skydragon?

I got 2 drops on my first two runs of the dungeon, just really weird luck for me. Once was Master, the other was expert on my iPad. Haven't run it since.

There really isn't a paywall depending on how you look at it. If you want to collect every monster in the game and are going to be disappointed not rolling 5 gods in a row, the game will be a paywall. I give Gungho credit for making the needed mobs available through farming. Starter dragons, rippers, lilith, enchidna, siren, rainbow keepers, dragon knights are all easily farmable and can get you through a large majority of the game. There are a lot of select "poor man" strats to get you through a lot of the dungeons, and with all of the free stones that Gungho throws at you, you're bound to get something good eventually.

I really need to stick to the rule of only pulling rares during god fests. I cashed-in all my Pal pulls and got a bunch of good stuff, including a Super King and 6 assorted Kings. Figured I'd press my luck and do a couple of rare pulls. Of course I got Fairlion and Valkyrie. Well, Valkyrie isn't bad but I already had 2, and I was about to get another one from the Goddess dungeon. I didn't even get a skill-up for either one. 10 stones thrown away. I'm an idiot.

Anyway. I was able to clear Valkyrie with 4 stones using the same team I posted earlier to beat Zeus the second time. That was Zeus/Duke/CDK/Hades/Viper Orochi/Zeus.

My strategy was similar to what I had used against Zeus, but with a slight tweak. Against Zeus, I used Viper Orochi's skill against the 2 Chimera beasts. I was then prepared to spend however many stones it took to kill Zeus, but I was able to kill him in 1 shot. Valkyrie has less health and defense than Zeus, so it was possible to 1-shot her, too, but I didn't want to take the risk of not dealing enough damage and having her heal back to full health after burning all my skills. So, I planned to save Viper Orochi for her, and kill everything leading up to her using only the Duke and CDK for burst damage. Unlike my Zeus playthrough, I had pretty good success charging my skills in the first 3 battles. I spent 1 stone against the Dark Golem when I didn't heal enough between attacks. Fortunately, it never used its 2 most powerful special attacks which would have 1-shot me. I had my skills fully charged heading into the 4th battle against the Demons. It took me 3 stones to kill them both. Unfortunately, Viper Orochi got bound and still had a countdown timer on it when I killed the second Demon. I got to Valkyrie with Viper Orochi needing just 1 more turn to get free. 1st turn, I clear as many garbage orbs off the board as I can. Viper Orochi unbinds, but Valkyrie activated her shield. *DAMN!* Well, I just saved Viper Orochi for nothing. I should've popped it against the Demons and saved myself 3 stones. Now I had the dilemma of whether I should go for the 1-shot kill or spend a stone or 2 whittling some of her life down first. Well, since I cleared the board of a bunch of trash the previous turn, it looked like I should have been able to deal enough damage to kill her. So, I activated all my skills, bringing her down to 1.1 million HP. I popped the Duke and CDK to turn most of the board Dark, and proceeded to 1-shot her with my 18x ATK multiplier taking Zeus' leader skills and weakness into account. I breathed a sigh of relief.

The spoils:

X7LkS77.jpg

BTW, has anyone ever come across Cerberus in the Dark Sky Dragon dungeon? I ran Master 6 times earlier, but it never appeared. I did get 3 dupe Sky Dragons and a Succubus out of it, though. But, I really want the Cerberus.

Cerity

aaaaahhhhhhh

23 runs of Guardians of the Doorway in hope of an MLK with no luck.

At least my mono-green team is coming along nicely, just need to get my 2nd MSK up to an ADK. Back to levelling/progressing I guess.

Yaari

Killed Valkyrie with 25 stones, it was horrible. I messed up so much that I am not even going to list all of it. I restarted the dungeon 3 times.

On my final attempt it took me so long so that Orochi was up again going from Stage 4 to 5, and that was what saved me. If I went with a 3 turn delay she would have healed up again.

I dont think I would have pulled her in those 5 turns on REM so going by that I can't be too hard on myself, but it must be a world record of worst attempt for sure.

On a positive note I managed to finish my Verche. And not feeling like doing a MIK or MFK at all.

Kosh

Sorry forgot to post the schedule yesterday. I got called out to work right after getting Zeus.

[US] Metal Dragons (15 Stamina) 4/7/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom