• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

48 plants in my box and I think I'm done. Used 3 stones to replenish stamina. Good day today!

Well. Got a green knight on the final stage of the last stage in castle of satan in the abyss. Now I have a quandary. He's a +1 RCV so I want to feed him to my siren. But he could also skill up my ADK. What should I do?!?
Skill up. You'll get plenty of +RCV eggs and not that many Stone Knights. A max skill ADK is important!

Uthred

Got 3 heras, first one I ran isis/horus. Second and third time I ran isis/isis. All in all it cost 7 stones. I ran it at like 2am and I kept underestimating the heals. I gave the valk orochi team a shot also but it was way too slow. Decided the stones were worth it and knocked it out in 15 minutes.

What team did you use with Isis?

Hmm ... I'm contemplating running Isis with a Zeus friend for Zeus' dungeon. I'd still get the 9x ATK multiplier of an Isis/Isis team, albeit with an additional condition to trigger, but I'd also get to benefit from Zeus' 35% damage Wrath of God skill. Not sure how I'd fill out the middle of the roster. Maybe Viper Orochi, 2x Hades/Hera, and an orb changer? Maybe the Duke to change Hearts to Dark orbs. These additional days waiting for Zeus just makes me even more unsure of what team to field for it.

daw840

48 plants in my box and I think I'm done. Used 3 stones to replenish stamina. Good day today!

Skill up. You'll get plenty of +RCV eggs and not that many Stone Knights. A max skill ADK is important!
Damn you! No skill up with him. :(

Damn you! No skill up with him. :(
lol. You'd be praising him if you did get the skill-up. If you eventually do want to max your ADK's skill, I still agree with feeding the ADK instead of Siren. Look at how many people have monsters with a bunch of bonus stats on them. They're relatively easy to come by compared to Mystic Knights. Luck wasn't on your side this time, but you still made the right choice.

daw840

lol. You'd be praising him if you did get the skill-up. If you eventually do want to max your ADK's skill, I still agree with feeding the ADK instead of Siren. Look at how many people have monsters with a bunch of bonus stats on them. They're relatively easy to come by compared to Mystic Knights. Luck wasn't on your side this time, but you still made the right choice.
Haha. I know. That's actually the first one I've fed him. I kept the other two and am working on having three ADK

OTIX

Blue starter+Orochi team worked well but still damn slow. Had to spend one stone, just lost concentration for a moment. It's 2 am so I'll probably stop now. Got two Heras and a CDK for one stone total, gotta be happy with that.

J0dy77

Hmm ... I'm contemplating running Isis with a Zeus friend for Zeus' dungeon. I'd still get the 9x ATK multiplier of an Isis/Isis team, albeit with an additional condition to trigger, but I'd also get to benefit from Zeus' 35% damage Wrath of God skill. Not sure how I'd fill out the middle of the roster. Maybe Viper Orochi, 2x Hades/Hera, and an orb changer? Maybe the Duke to change Hearts to Dark orbs. These additional days waiting for Zeus just makes me even more unsure of what team to field for it.

Are there any budget teams that are capable of running Zeus? I have the dark team I just don't have the levels put into them yet. I'm not going to burn a ton of stones over the next couple of days to make that happen either. I think I'll just wait for the next time around.

Haha. I know. That's actually the first one I've fed him. I kept the other two and am working on having three ADK

Feed the third one, there really isn't much reason to have 3. There won't be enough red orbs to keep using the skill with 3 on a team. Plus, you'll most likely get at least one more by the time you've max leveled the first two. Plus Plus, it's 2x skillup right now.

daw840

Are there any budget teams that are capable of running Zeus? I have the dark team I just don't have the levels put into them yet. I'm not going to burn a ton of stones over the next couple of days to make that happen either. I think I'll just wait for the next time around.

Feed the third one, there really isn't much reason to have 3. There won't be enough red orbs to keep using the skill with 3 on a team. Plus, you'll most likely get at least one more by the time you've max leveled the first two. Plus Plus, it's 2x skillup right now.
Will it still skill up if I've evolved him to a dragon knight?

J0dy77

Yes, the skill stays the same for all 3 versions of an ADK. The rule for skillup is that as long as the name is the same it can provide a skillup.

atlantos

Neo Member
Anyone got awoken Odin I can borrow? I got one but I want to use Noel Dragon Vert to boost HP to see if I can do Hara Dungeon...

my game name is: Atlan@GAF and id is: 325644209

If there's a budget team that can beat Zeus with minimal stones, I don't know of it. The only thing "budget" that I think can theoretically beat Zeus without too many stones is a Ra team. I only say budget, because Ra is really the only mandatory rare gacha monster on the team. A 36x ATK multiplier can brute force it, but requires a lot of luck and orb matching skills.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
can anyone let me use their viper orochi so i could try my valkyrie deck for hera dungeon?
376 148 203
i'll delete you from list after i'm done so you don't get hassled! please and thank you!

I started running the Hera dungeon last night and I'm still on my first run. I think I am at 3 stones. 1 was early on against the initial waves and two have been against Hera just because I ran out of hearts. Overall, much easier once you get to the bosses. Will I run it a second time? Not sure...

can anyone let me use their viper orochi so i could try my valkyrie deck for hera dungeon?
376 148 203
i'll delete you from list after i'm done so you don't get hassled! please and thank you!
I don't have a low level Viper Orochi. My Demon Viper Orochi is maxed out at 2690 HP. If that would still be useful to you, I'll put it up.

I've decided I'm going to sacrifice my green Noel Dragon for the exp. 1.5mil exp is just too good. That's over 18 King Dragons or 33 evolved Pengdras. Besides, Indra will eventually get the same leader skill, and it will apply to both Gods and Dragons, for a potentially more powerful team.

atlantos

Neo Member
Just put him up for you and sent you an invite.

Thank you... I am probably going to be wasting my stamina anyway...

edit: yep... wasted 40 stamina... Got to Venus and lasted about 10 rounds... Can't heal fast enough.. With Odin... I really have to heal every turn... I thought about spending a gem to continue but I know I will just be wasting the gems... And my attack isn't strong enough..

razterik

I have been hitting up the metal dragons to buff my woefully underdeveloped dark team in preparation for Zeus. I will probably have 25-30 metal kings later today. My question is where I should focus them to have the most effect.

Potential candidates:

Level 50 Hera - I don't have one of the divine onyx masks needed to evolve her, could spend tomorrow trying to farm it somewhere, but that isn't a common drop. 3.5 kings to get her back to pre-evolved stats and more to go past that.

Starting level Hera - Good stats, another Gravity user. Not sure if I want 3, since that 3rd one isn't doing near as much damage to Zeus. Could be useful for Chimeras, though. 9.5 kings to get to level 50.

Level 30 Hades - No Mythlits right now, but could try tomorrow. 7 kings to max and 6 more for ~1000 ATK.

Max skill Vampire Lord, level 35 - 18.5 kings to level 70. Would need to farm Dub-amelit tomorrow and a Mystic Mask on Saturday before tackling Zeus.

Level 38 and 40 Chaos Dragon Knights, both skill level 1 - 8 kings each would add another 100 ATK and 300 HP to both. Can farm for skill ups right now, but the odds haven't been good for me so far. If I spent all day tomorrow, maybe could get one down to 7 turns.

Level 14 Mechdragon Hadar - Skill is only moderately useful for extra damage and pre-Zeus fights. 9 kings to gain 1000 HP and 300 ATK.

Level 4 Darkdragon Vritra - 6 kings to get to 2200 HP and ~1000 ATK. His active skill is probably useless since if I get hit that hard I am going to die anyways and return with full HP. But as a leader, he gets 2x dragons and gods. Would pair well with the two CDKs, Hadar, Hera, and would make a high level Zeus attack for 6x damage.

Level 30 Thanatos x2 - Would need a lot of luck to get the materials to evolve one or both tomorrow. Needs 12 kings to get to ~1000 ATK, HP drags down the whole team. Useful skill, but I can sub a level 45 Echidna instead.

Level 21 Loki God of Guile - Good leader for early stages, great one-time burst skill for Zeus. 10 kings to get to ~1000 ATK.

I can also throw in Rainbow Keepers, but offense is the best defense for Zeus. I'm trying to spend less than 20 stones on Zeus, but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I will be pairing with the highest level Zeus I find on my friend list on Saturday (already have a couple).

So, thoughts, anyone?

Colby

I'm just now researching the Zeus dungeon, and it seems pretty tough. I'll have to come up with something crazy...

But I finished a 0 stone run of Hera! Took about 45 minutes or so. Neptune hitting 5770 every turn with poison made it manageable.

Uthred

I'm just now researching the Zeus dungeon, and it seems pretty tough. I'll have to come up with something crazy...

But I finished a 0 stone run of Hera! Took about 45 minutes or so. Neptune hitting 5770 every turn with poison made it manageable.

Totally not jealous when I read about people and their mulitple/zero Hera clears, no sir! ;)

So, thoughts, anyone?
Basically the guide that Yaari posted. If you were to take out Echidna, though, then Loki would take the leader spot, and Vamp would be relegated to the sub party. Loki's 2x RCV would make survival easier in the battles leading up to Zeus. It's all a matter if you want to use Echidna or not. Most anti-Zeus Dark builds I've seen have used either Echidna or Viper Orochi, though. I don't have the experience to say whether excluding her would save or cost you more stones.

AcridMeat

Banned
First thing I noticed is that you can make a dark team with the 5 you have. Try to evolve that egg too and see what type of monster you get.
I thought about making that team yeah. Is that a good 5 to have? I made a Fire/Dark team as well but haven't used it much. I like having 1 of each element, though I know it probably isn't the most efficient.

Oh and once Friday dungeon comes I'll be able to evolve it.

razterik

http://ggftw.com/forum/1798765-post967.html

Thats the guide I am aiming for. His levels arent that much higher than yours. Lack of Echidna might be a problem though.

I'd seen that guide, but forgotten about it. Thanks.

I do have the Echidna, I just didn't list it because I'm not feeding metal dragons to it. I have ruby pengdras for that.

I can match his exact levels or higher, but maybe not the evolved Hera or the skilled up CDK. I guess was mostly just musing on whether it would be worth it for me to try a non-traditional build since I have more to work with than just the standard farmable monsters.

Appreciate the input.

perfect

oQ1v7Rg.png

razterik

Basically the guide that Yaari posted. If you were to take out Echidna, though, then Loki would take the leader spot, and Vamp would be relegated to the sub party. Loki's 2x RCV would make survival easier in the battles leading up to Zeus. It's all a matter if you want to use Echidna or not. Most anti-Zeus Dark builds I've seen have used either Echidna or Viper Orochi, though. I don't have the experience to say whether excluding her would save or cost you more stones.

Yeah, I wonder. It seems I will probably stomp right through rounds 1 and 3, baring bad starting orbs. The masks are the thing I need RCV for, and mostly just the mystic mask which hits every turn. And if I get bad timers on them, I'm using a stone or two here anyway. I am not sure if that extra RCV is worth giving up the chance at 3 free turns on the Chimeras and 3 free turns on Zeus. So I think Echidna is going to the party.

After thinking about it, I suppose I will take that third gravity. Now to decide between Hera and Hades for the third slot.

Cr0wn0

I might have to try this. Did you still need to bring poison for Neptune or can you break through with the high damage.

I finished the second run with the Valk team with 1 stone. I fat fingered the wrong orb and couldn't heal on one turn. Wanted to zero stone it so bad.

You can break through it without much trouble. 2 of the 3 I broke through and killed him within his counter. Only one time I couldn't and needed to stone.

Uthred

Thought looking at a King sitting beside an egg was bad until I ran across a Vampire in castle of satan and had the same thing happen. Oh how it stings

I have a 83 Isis, 55 Parvati, Rainbow keeper, 60 echidna, and i brought a light ripper. Friend was a Max isis.

Looks like I'll need to level up a bit to get through it, ah well happy enough with 1 Hera for the moment

BlueSteel

Is a second Hera even necessary if you have a max evolved Hades or two? I'm seriously debating whether or not I want to even run it again.

KuroNeeko

Friday dungeon is kicking my ass. I've run it about 4 times so far and am swimming in dub-amelits (the blue dood.) I need ONE dub-rubilit for my Chiyome and it's NOT GIVING IT TO ME! GIVE IT TO ME!

As for improving PAD, there are a number of changes that GH can implement that would improve the game from a player POV. I don't think they'll add them to PAD1 since it's hard to tack major changes on once you get the game set up. I could see it in a PAD2 or something a year or so down the road. Then again, GH could definitely reach into that money vault they've got and pay to make pretty much any change they want.

I would

・Create a separate window for you to set the unit you want to lend out to your friends. That way, my friends aren't hosed when I start running my red ogre for a daily dungeon and I can advertise the fact that I'm looking for Chiyomes even when I'm running my Horus team.
・Add some sort of mixer that let's you trade unwanted units for a random unit of the same rarity.
・Make skill level ups happen randomly at the end of a dungeon run or base them off an independent EXP gauge like in Tower of Saviors.
・Maybe make ultimate evolutions reversible?

Hey COSMICCLOCK21, have you already sent your present out in the JP version? I'm still holding onto mine :/

No strategy for that dungeon has worked well enough for me.

I found a Resolve Ogre, 4 Poison units, and a healer set as your sub-leader gets the job done. The only sticky part is the first stage. If you have more than one mask on the same timer, you need to burn one down before they attack. After that, you charge up your poison units and then clear through the remaining 4 stages.

raiot

Damn, could only do 1 hour worth of metal runs...
managed to buff my Hades to 72 and Hera to 74.
Now I have to hit the Sprite dungeon for 5 Myth Dublits so that i can skill my Hades to Double Dark.

Colby

I love the trading in junk monsters for a different monster idea. I don't know how familiar you guys are with the Megaman Battle Network games, but you could trade in 10 battle chips for a random chip. The chip you got had a small chance to be worthwhile and rare. It'd be cool to have a similar system in PAD. It would give a use for Metal Dragons at least...

Also, Kuro, you CAN reverse ultimate evolutions.

MicH

Is a second Hera even necessary if you have a max evolved Hades or two? I'm seriously debating whether or not I want to even run it again.
Hera is basically a slightly worse Hades, so if you have one or two Hades, don't bother for other reasons than for the sake of completing everything

J0dy77

For her glorious courage and victory over the evil witch Hera and her minions yesterday. The great and true Valkyrie has reclaimed her rightful seat on the throne as Princess Valkyrie:

MrdSFEJl.jpg

Got the yellow dub I needed on the first Friday run this morning. Felt I owed it to her to evolve. :)

Kosh

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 4/5/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
B: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

Khar

I have a secondary goal of maxing out the team members that are the most helpful monsters for my friends list.

For my own use I'm currently working on my Parvati tGG.

What would people find most useful?

Possible candidates:
Neptune
Awoken Odin (lvl 50ish right now)
Ceres x2 to ultimate evolutions x2
Vampire Lord > Duke
Shiva the Destroyer
Lakshmi (need to evo her still)
Freyja (need to evo her too)
Valk (currently languishing at lvl30)
all the toy dragons for dual resist
Siren the Enchanter
Red/Green/Blue starter dragons to ultimate evolution for the ATK and RCV bonus

I'm planning on levelling the most useful to lvl60 or so. If a monster is helpful at max e.g a particularly high HPd Odin, then I'll max it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom