• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Mystic Ice Knight to drop in Caste of Satan. First one to finally drop for me. So thats cool. Man, the Fenrir Knight artwork is just terrible. Looks really out of place. Have they ever updated artwork?

Slottm

Neo Member
To nerdstick and Razgraz - your starting pull is randomized (As are all rare pulls). There are a slew of great leaders, and not so great healers. While it may take many rerolls to get a god worthy of building a team around, this can save you aggravation and grief further down the line when you have to rely on luck to pull a great monster (or money + luck). I believe the OP has a worthwhile section to read on this, however, I'd suggest looking for a norse god (freyja, freyr, loki, idunn&idunna, thor) a hindu god (parvati, shiva or Lakshmi) or a greek god (Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Persephone or Apollo). One of these gods will make your life a hell of a lot easier down the line. Pulling stuff like cupid or flare drall makes most people want to quit this game, once you get to a higher level :)

xCobalt

I'm looking at the wiki and it seems like Shiva will be required for the new legendary water dragon. It'll be able to one shot you with a multi hitting move. For legend, it only has 55k hp but with 600k defense.

KuroNeeko

One of these gods will make your life a hell of a lot easier down the line. Pulling stuff like cupid or flare drall makes most people want to quit this game, once you get to a higher level :)

Yeah, I'll back this statement. I had a chance to play with a Friend's Persephone and along with my Vampire it was crazy good. Hermes was awesome as well.

I love my Chiyome, but the fact that no one uses her makes her a pretty dead pull. :/ Guess it's just harder to get a good balance team up and running.

This is some bullshit. I ran Master Sky Dragon so many times, I amassed 12 Sky Dragons, most of them gotten before the 2x drop rate. And the damn Cerberus still never showed up. I did see MDK twice, but didn't get its drop either. I'll just wait for the Mechanical Dragon dungeons to come back around since the Legend difficulty has greater drop(and I'm assuming appearance) rates for the same amount of stamina as these Master Sky Dragon dungeons. I could've used all that stamina so much more efficiently this weekend.

CTCwPGC.jpg

Caerith

Puzzle Dragon X 8 Apr Update::

- Legendary Flame Dragon is added
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=357

- Moltdras are added to the feeder calculator

If you are having difficulty signing in, please try clearing your web browser's cookies.
Hey Beta, love the site and appreciate your constant work to update it, but why are we required to provide a gender on the profile page in order to update rank or comments? Is puzzledragonx.com going to double as a dating site?

BetaTester

Neo Member
Hey Beta, love the site and appreciate your constant work to update it, but why are we required to provide a gender on the profile page in order to update rank or comments? Is puzzledragonx.com going to double as a dating site?
That's just the basic information. Want me to add the DOB ( required ) as well? lol

BetaTester

Neo Member
Yeah, but you're not really answering the question. Why do you require users to disclose their gender just to post on a site about Puzzles and Dragons?

Because there aren't anything to answer? It is like why Google asks for your gender when you sign up GMail, does gender really matter to your email box.
If you feel uncomfortable, you don't need to fill in.

Ashodin

So I might be able to attempt master flame dragon soon. What's the best strat? Fire resist, rippers, Odin? Fire resist, rippers, healer? Unsure.

J0dy77

So I might be able to attempt master flame dragon soon. What's the best strat? Fire resist, rippers, Odin? Fire resist, rippers, healer? Unsure.

I'm going to go with the safe team of double resist, siren and enchinada in the middle. Probably over kill but I don't like wasting 50 stamina when I'm not familiar with the dungeon.

J0dy77

That's just the basic information. Want me to add the DOB ( required ) as well? lol

Beta, any reason why the site removed the drops from the full dungeon list page? Being able to see possible drops from all dungeons at a quick glance was one of my favorite features.

MicH

Beta, any reason why the site removed the drops from the full dungeon list page? Being able to see possible drops from all dungeons at a quick glance was one of my favorite features.
+1

Really miss that.

Also Legendary Fire Dragon on Expert is so easy it almost hurts. Well, for my Lakshmi team at least. Breezed through. Gonna give Master a go with that team

ParityBit

I'm going to go with the safe team of double resist, siren and enchinada in the middle. Probably over kill but I don't like wasting 50 stamina when I'm not familiar with the dungeon.

What are we looking at for this dungeon? I kinda took a break over the weekend (except refreshing my Ammy for people) I got too discouraged with my roadblocks.

MicH

The new legendary flame dragon is realy easy. Resist + Autohealer was smooth sailing for the master level.
Yup. Did it with my Lakshmi team, though. These dungeons seem to have MUCH higher appearance rates for those damn Devils, though. Got 5 at a time THREE times. Urgh.

Didn't even get the drop

just need to do some shopping and ill have a nice new War diety Ares i cant wait for that 2x hp. Need to evolve my mandrake or farm a siren because ares no RCV is still a killer.

MicH

just need to do some shopping and ill have a nice new War diety Ares i cant wait for that 2x hp. Need to evolve my mandrake or farm a siren because ares no RCV is still a killer.
Ares is very nice. Are you planning to run a mono-red team? He's a great leader for that and can be combined with a friend Freyr leader for 4x ATK, 2x HP and 2x RCV. With that setup you wouldn't need worry about Siren for heal, as a single match of heal orbs will do great healing. I run Freyr if you want to try the combination out. Also I would recommend farming an Echidna instead for good fire RCV in a fire team.

Dual Red it is w/ Echilada and Max Siren.

gracias
No problem. The dragon hits for 13320 so plan accordingly.

Jagernaut

I evolved my Ares recently, and the double hp is nice. My red team is my second best after my green team, but Ares, Gigas, and Jotunn have terrible rcv stats so I don't heal much when matching hearts.

I am looking for more Ares, Shiva, and Freyr friends. (I already have krauser on my friend list)

Static@GAF

I still hate the four or five devil teams that pop up on those special dungeons. They are really the only way to die in the hellfire dungeons.

Got a naga and the dragon drop. No skill up on my echidna, and I need one more dub ruby lit to busty the new dragon.

lenni

I still hate the four or five devil teams that pop up on those special dungeons. They are really the only way to die in the hellfire dungeons.

Got a naga and the dragon drop. No skill up on my echidna, and I need one more dub ruby lit to busty the new dragon.

I got the dragon on my first (and only) master run, but all these dungeons never dropped a Naga for me. It's the only farmable monster I still need and I need her bad! :(

Off-topic here but I've been looking at other games to fill in the time between stamina refills and what not and downloaded Immortalis.
It's pretty deep and different type card game that has like Final Fantasy/Shining Force Battle style system. But holy hell is it confusing. Basically
IHNIWIAD.jpg

ccbfan

I evolved my Ares recently, and the double hp is nice. My red team is my second best after my green team, but Ares, Gigas, and Jotunn have terrible rcv stats so I don't heal much when matching hearts.

I am looking for more Ares, Shiva, and Freyr friends. (I already have krauser on my friend list)

Static@GAF

Sent you an invent request.

Really need more Ares on my friend list for my Freyr.

Definitely know what you mean about the low RCV though. And Ares doesn't make it better with his low HP. At least Red has Enchilada which is the best or 2nd best healer in the game. Red really needs a good orb to heal character.

Ares is very nice. Are you planning to run a mono-red team? He's a great leader for that and can be combined with a friend Freyr leader for 4x ATK, 2x HP and 2x RCV. With that setup you wouldn't need worry about Siren for heal, as a single match of heal orbs will do great healing. I run Freyr if you want to try the combination out. Also I would recommend farming an Echidna instead for good fire RCV in a fire team.

No problem. The dragon hits for 13320 so plan accordingly.

Static@GAF

Sent you an invent request.

Really need more Ares on my friend list for my Freyr.

Definitely know what you mean about the low RCV though. And Ares doesn't make it better with his low HP. At least Red has Enchilada which is the best or 2nd best healer in the game. Red really needs a good orb to heal character.

I guess ill farm for a naga this week.
How often does naga drop from the flam dragon expert run?

I have baby cdk adk from the past week those are starting my dragon team.

I actually have 2 ares accounts but my phone one (krause@gaf) gets played less since i like playing on my tablet so much more.
Krauser Kat Krause@Gaf 336640251 Ares, Hades, Blue Noel(soon), Drawn Poker, ADK, CDK
Krauser Kat 2 Holmes@gaf Ares, Red Noel

MicH

Yeah, Ares users are hard to come by. I actually don't have too big of a problem with the RCV of my Freyr team. I roll Freyr/Chiyome/Echidna/Phoenix Knight/Gigas. Can add in Shiva if I need Defense break

If you still have low RCV you can roll double Echidna

Jagernaut

I think I will replace Jotunn with Echidna or Horus. I will lose hp but gain a lot of rcv. My Gigas is max skilled so I will keep him on the team.

TimeKillr

So this fire dragon (not legendary!) is trolling me on master... I've ran it 5 times, no drops :( The fight takes forever if I use a resist team, but if I use a dual Isis team it goes by pretty quickly (around 50 turns). It's really unsafe though once he starts spamming Blaze Ball :( I think I might try Isis + Resist next time I try him. It's safer and I can still pump out a bit more damage.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Static@GAF

Your friend list is full. Tried to add ya. My red team is the next team I'm building out. I have both an Ares and a Freyr.

Radav

Yeah, Ares users are hard to come by. I actually don't have too big of a problem with the RCV of my Freyr team. I roll Freyr/Chiyome/Echidna/Phoenix Knight/Gigas. Can add in Shiva if I need Defense break

If you still have low RCV you can roll double Echidna

Out of the four Mono-Color teams that I could possibly field Red could potentially be my strongest. The thing that's kept me away from investing too much into it is the fact that the RCV is so low. Is it really that much of a problem? My subs are still too low level for me to try it out so I'm unsure whether I want to continue to invest too heavily into it. I think I'd prefer to go with Water as my main team and am contemplating ultimate evoing my Plesios.

So this fire dragon (not legendary!) is trolling me on master... I've ran it 5 times, no drops :( The fight takes forever if I use a resist team, but if I use a dual Isis team it goes by pretty quickly (around 50 turns). It's really unsafe though once he starts spamming Blaze Ball :( I think I might try Isis + Resist next time I try him. It's safer and I can still pump out a bit more damage.

You missed out on the x2 saturday night? Got mine to drop the 1st time through master.

TimeKillr

You missed out on the x2 saturday night? Got mine to drop the 1st time through master.

I didn't even know there was a x2 on saturday night. :( I wish I would've known.

Bah, it's okay - the XP to stamina ratio is high enough that it sort of makes it worthwhile. And it nets me a bunch of mini-pengdras.

Radav

I missed out on this too. I hope they do another one on Sunday when it ends. I was too busy trying to farm samurai goblins for Titan skillups. (Only need 1 more skillup and Ill be done!)

Bah, it's okay - the XP to stamina ratio is high enough that it sort of makes it worthwhile. And it nets me a bunch of mini-pengdras.

So do you think it's worth it to try and farm these for the mini-pengdras? I'd love to find another way to get some XP incoming besides the whole pengdra thing and wasn't sure they dropped enough for it to be worth it to farm for them.

J0dy77

Anyone see a real benefit to Busty evolving Infernodragon? His stats are nice if you are willing to level him, otherwise it seems like you're better off just using Meteor Volcano dragon. I have the mats but would rather not lose a rainbow dub.

I missed out on this too. I hope they do another one on Sunday when it ends. I was too busy trying to farm samurai goblins for Titan skillups. (Only need 1 more skillup and Ill be done!)

So do you think it's worth it to try and farm these for the mini-pengdras? I'd love to find another way to get some XP incoming besides the whole pengdra thing and wasn't sure they dropped enough for it to be worth it to farm for them.

I would say no, you're better off doing Tech dungeons for Pengdras (especially today w/ the increased drop). You can usually pick up AT LEAST 1-2 a run for 13ish stamina. When I ran Master, I only got 1 to drop for the 50 stamina.

I guess the benefit is the nice XP you get each run.

OTIX

Anyone see a real benefit to Busty evolving Infernodragon? His stats are nice if you are willing to level him, otherwise it seems like you're better off just using Meteor Volcano dragon. I have the mats but would rather not lose a rainbow dub.
If you evolve and spend 4 million xp on him then his attack will do 60000 damage. That's basically the only value he has since the stats are worse than a mechdragon.

It does seem like the legendary fire dragon is pretty simple. I ran a Lakshmi team with a Lakshmi friend and never had any real problems with it. Didn't get the drop so I will be going at least once more - I just hope I have more Lakshmi friends :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom