• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaberVulcan

Got all the Keepers I need at the moment (including the Dark Keepers!! Still need 1 or two of them, though) so I'm set. Evolved Phoenix Knight :D

Need so many Masks as well. Green Masks, Red Masks and DARK MASKS. Soo many Dark Masks. Divine Masks that is. Should've gotten them last week when it was 2x :/

I was sitting on ~8 RGB, and ~12 Light masks trying to farm up Dark and Mystic during the 2x week(s). I think during the 2 recent 2x weeks I got 3 Mystic and 5 Dark... now I have 1 and 2. Id send you some if I could.

I think I need to power through the Tech dungeons and find those dungeons where the rarer EVO materials drop. The amount of Mystic Masks and Mythlits I need is absurd (~10 Masks and 15 Mythlits).

shinjijai

Anybody know the best location to farm Sapphlits? I need like 4 of these guys and they hardly show up except for the lower and Friday dungeon, but even then it's a crapshot.

OTIX

I was sitting on ~8 RGB, and ~12 Light masks trying to farm up Dark and Mystic during the 2x week(s). I think during the 2 recent 2x weeks I got 3 Mystic and 5 Dark... now I have 1 and 2. Id send you some if I could.

I think I need to power through the Tech dungeons and find those dungeons where the rarer EVO materials drop. The amount of Mystic Masks and Mythlits I need is absurd (~10 Masks and 15 Mythlits).
Ocean of Heaven is a great place to farm Mystic Masks, the Iris tech dungeon for Dub-myths. In fact I fed five mystic masks to Zeus the other day for xp, I'm swimming in them from farming OoH so much.

MicH

Anybody know the best location to farm Sapphlits? I need like 4 of these guys and they hardly show up except for the lower and Friday dungeon, but even then it's a crapshot.
Dungeon of Water, boss level. The best way to get them.

ParityBit

Dungeon of Water, boss level. The best way to get them.

You know, that would be a good feature for the P&D database site. I know it says where you can farm monsters, but maybe a voter (if you have an account) way to organize where you should really farm for the monster. Just an idea.

What else should I team with my Isis for a team? Like I said ... I am lacking any team outside of the word "dragon." I know I have some of the pieces anyways. I still lack a Neptune, but I do have my succubus now that I can turn into a Lilith shortly.

I wonder if I stick my Isis as my leader if I would help my friends as much as my Ammy.

Isis' quick heal is kinda crappy too for a power. Might be a little better with levels.
Quick Heal is just bad, unfortunately. Even the LV99 Isises on my friends list have mediocre heals.

As for Isis team comps, you want a rainbow team. Out of those, you probably want:
1. An Enchilada
2. Something with maxed Attack Stance. Since it's near impossible to farm stuff to skill up Valkyrie, Choo Choo, and Siegfried right now that means either Titan or Vampire Lord, and Titan has a color conflict with Echidna so a max SL Vamp Lord would probably be the way to go.

On that note, as far as strategy goes you'll want to match a set of heal orbs with every attack each turn if possible. If you ignore heal orbs they'll slowly start to accumulate on the board, and you may soon find that the plethora of heal orbs has locked out the colors necessary to set off Isis (even moreso with Horus and Ra). The attack stance monsters will help prevent that to a retain extent.

3. You may want to invest in some source of healing or defense since #teamegyptian doesn't buff HP or RCV. Up to you.

daw840

So close to my fire team being complete. Just need to evolve the knight and max everyone out. Should be a beastly team!

790D4516-A78A-49A3-8BEF-EE3749E9E14A-671-0000005AF48153F4_zpsbc08a578.jpg

I think the schedule is off today because I should have the metal dungeon right now and it is not there. I'm not complaining too much as I don't have the box space to run it a ton and the kings have been very stingy of late.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty I could do with some decent runs - I need to get a Hera max leveled and evolved, I already evolved one Hera and need to level her up, I have a Duke I need to level, and I also have Persephone to level and evolve.

So what have I been doing? Running the first dungeon, level 2, to get baddies to try and skill up the Duke. He is at skill level 3 right now. I only have 11 more sapphlits though so I won't be doing that for too long. I am hoping that gets me to skill level 5.

Don't really need to run keepers today unless I want to try to skill up Jotunn and Midgard.

J0dy77

What else should I team with my Isis for a team? Like I said ... I am lacking any team outside of the word "dragon." I know I have some of the pieces anyways. I still lack a Neptune, but I do have my succubus now that I can turn into a Lilith shortly.

I wonder if I stick my Isis as my leader if I would help my friends as much as my Ammy.

Isis' quick heal is kinda crappy too for a power. Might be a little better with levels.

Orb changers and the strongest mobs, dual color mobs you have are the best way to go. I'd say work on running Witch's ball on the weekends to farm a Vampire (got mine there after a lot of runs for a few weekends). Titan is also farmable and can be max skilled with time and effort. Pair in your best yellow and green mobs after that and you're good to go. Farm an echidna in the Ancient fire on Master as well, helps a lot in this team.

It's really all about the damage, I've been using dragons with my horus team a lot when the dungeon calls for it. Currently running a red dungeon and using Blue ripper for the extra damage. When you're doing 12x your normal damage on a 6+ combo it doesnt have to be perfect team makeup.

I had my Horus do 100k damage by himself on one 10+ combo string.

Edit: just saw Cosmo posted the same write-up. Great minds think alike. :)

Slottm

Neo Member
GC I have a little personal favor to ask of you. One of my RL friends is having difficulty passing the wood only dungeon against Ceres. Mind friending him for this so he can use your ADK? Yours is much better than mine, and you can delete him after (though if you're looking for a strong fire friend, he has a maxed our freyr he normally uses) He's out of stamina at the moment but should have enough in a few hours. Thanks if you're able to or not. Here's his ID: 321,435,283. His name is Max @PG

TimeKillr

So close to my fire team being complete. Just need to evolve the knight and max everyone out. Should be a beastly team!

This team would be SOOO much stronger if you could fit one of these in:

Swap the dragon for any of the following:
Gigas/Titan (heart to fire)
Horus (+dmg on all fire)
Freyr (+fire damage for next turn)

The best you could probably do is swap the dragon for a gigas/titan and the naga for either a Horus or Freyr.

If you have a Gigas, you'll have all 3 orb changers (water to fire, wood to heart, heart to fire) so if you can clear out your board of the dark/light orbs you can do a MASSIVE attack. The Horus/Freyr are just icing on the cake and will just add for one massive shot. :) If you're doing weekend dungeons or the tricolor whiskeydragon dungeons, with this combo you'll have a full board of red with massively boosted damage. It adds up stupidly quick. The Echidna is very nice and her RCV is very welcome, but at the same time in most dungeons you'll be pumping out so much damage that you won't need her skill at all.

Horus (+dmg on all fire)

The best you could probably do is swap the dragon for a gigas/titan and the naga for either a Horus or Freyr.

If you have a Gigas, you'll have all 3 orb changers (water to fire, wood to heart, heart to fire) so if you can clear out your board of the dark/light orbs you can do a MASSIVE attack. The Horus/Freyr are just icing on the cake and will just add for one massive shot. :) If you're doing weekend dungeons or the tricolor whiskeydragon dungeons, with this combo you'll have a full board of red with massively boosted damage. It adds up stupidly quick. The Echidna is very nice and her RCV is very welcome, but at the same time in most dungeons you'll be pumping out so much damage that you won't need her skill at all.

Just to clarify, you mean to replace the Meteor Volcano Dragon, right? I could field a team with Gigas; I do not have Horus or Freyr. I've been looking for a good mono-red build and this could be it.

EDIT: What would you suggest replacing Echidna with? Other than Horus or Freyr.

mercviper

Horus (+dmg on all fire)

Sounds like you could just replace Echidna with Titan/Gigas since the Dragon's 2x ATK leader skill should more than make up for Horus' active? And Freyr is basically a better Tyrranos so that's a pretty obvious pick.

Edit: guess I misread which dragon to replace lol.

I'm actually trying to figure out myself what members to field in my mono red team.

Choices are Flare Drall, Noel, Grand Firedragon Tyrranos, Whiskey, Homura, Gigas, Echidna.

Thinking Noel/Tyrranos as leaders, depending if I think I need the tank more or not, and for subs right now I'm leaving Flare Drall in the dust because I dunno if I want him over Echidna (the team lacks a lot of RCV w/o her which is why this choice is hard) Whiskey might be the other choice but he just gives so many stats and the 9 turn sweep is so good.

Edit 2: Another reason for keeping Flare Drall out is that you don't always necessarily want to have a field of all red. The way comboing works, once you have 300% base red damage (3 red combos or a chain of 11 red orbs) Then every combo of 3 orbs that you add to it is just as good. If you have more than 300% base damage, then it gets even better. So if you leave 6 green orbs on the field and set it up such that you get a 4 combo from it, you do more damage than a field full of red.

ex

RRRRRR
RRRRRR
RRRRRR
GGGRRR
RRRGGG

That's equivalent to (100%+100%+450%)*150% = 975% base damage

Whereas

RRRRRR
RRRRRR
RRRRRR
RRRRRR
RRRRRR

is equal to 100%+675% = 775% base damage

Farm for a Titan in Tower of Giants (Wrath of the Giant). Having a heart > fire orb-changer, especially with a maxed out skill is very helpful. Swap him into your team instead of the MVD. If you're feeling lucky, save up some stones and roll during a fire event, or a fire event that coincides with a god event (haven't seen this yet, but you never know). Ideally, you'd roll a Horus. If you happen to roll a Shiva, Freyr, or Ares, then cool. Did you grab a Noel dragon this past Easter Sunday? If so, what element?

MicH

Lol. That is literally every fire monster in my box. Though you can farm for Gigas right?
Yes, in the Tower of Giants. Giant Guards or the other one featuring him (forgot the name). He's one of the best subs in a fire team as he can be max skilled with Samurai Goblins.

Splat

Is 2x resist basically required for whiskey dragon master? I don't know what to put in the middle to get decent damage output without atk mults :(

Slottm

Neo Member
Is 2x resist basically required for whiskey dragon master? I don't know what to put in the middle to get decent damage output without atk mults :(

Not at all, a team with sufficient HP attack and recovery can handle it with ease. I take out legendary with my standard green team.

TimeKillr

Just to clarify, you mean to replace the Meteor Volcano Dragon, right? I could field a team with Gigas; I do not have Horus or Freyr. I've been looking for a good mono-red build and this could be it.

EDIT: What would you suggest replacing Echidna with? Other than Horus or Freyr.

Yeah yeah, replacing the MVD, not the Tyrannos. The Tyrannos is great, obviously!

If you don't have either Horus or Freyr, I would keep the Echidna. I would be careful about doing the 3rd evo for the Gigas, too - the -500rcv is too dangerous at this point as it's only used in Goemon teams.

Not at all, a team with sufficient HP attack and recovery can handle it with ease. I take out legendary with my standard green team.

Doesn't using a standard green team take forever, though? I was considering using a 2x Parvati team to the legendary whiskey dragon but with the damage decrease I figured it'd take forever.

I've done 2x Isis on master but it's very risky on the carbuncles. Sometimes you'll get a crazy good 20x match and wipe them, sometimes you'll get crap and die.

mercviper

Technically you could do it with 1x Resist and 14k HP, but if your resist gets bound during the chimeras you're pretty much boned. Adding in a second resist is insurance against it getting bound, and I even went as far as to add a rainbow keeper to prevent a wipe in the event both got bound.

You need 14k in case both chimera in round 5 use double strike, 12k if only 1 does, 10k if the both do not. Having a second resist halves these values, of course.

Alternatively you could go all out with a burn team. Whiskey Dragon does up to 10k damage every turn w/o resists. Each of the chimeras on round 5 have 600k hp, and so does echidna on round 9.

GC I have a little personal favor to ask of you. One of my RL friends is having difficulty passing the wood only dungeon against Ceres. Mind friending him for this so he can use your ADK? Yours is much better than mine, and you can delete him after (though if you're looking for a strong fire friend, he has a maxed our freyr he normally uses) He's out of stamina at the moment but should have enough in a few hours. Thanks if you're able to or not. Here's his ID: 321,435,283. His name is Max @PG
Just sent an invite. I still have plenty of space, so I wouldn't need to delete him, but his maxed Freyr would work well with my maxed Ares, so we can both benefit anyway.

Splat

Technically you could do it with 1x Resist and 14k HP, but if your resist gets bound during the chimeras you're pretty much boned. Adding in a second resist is insurance against it getting bound, and I even went as far as to add a rainbow keeper to prevent a wipe in the event both got bound.

You need 14k in case both chimera in round 5 use double strike, 12k if only 1 does, 10k if the both do not. Having a second resist halves these values, of course.

Alternatively you could go all out with a burn team. Whiskey Dragon does up to 10k damage every turn w/o resists. Each of the chimeras on round 5 have 600k hp, and so does echidna on round 9.

Man I don't have anywhere near 14k hp unless I have a 2xhp leader too.

Really, green's probably my strongest at this point, with dark being a decent 2nd best. Blue/Red/Light are struggling, though Light has a chance later on (have Verche and Amaterasu)

MicH

One of the benefits of a fire team is having delay in form of Echidna + she will recover the RCV lost with Gigas and Ares. Don't get rid of her.

ToxicAdam

My fire team is by far my weakest. No Gods and mostly all dragons, save for Encinada and Gigas.

I should definitely do some pulls the next time a fire event rolls around.

Just sent an invite. I still have plenty of space, so I wouldn't need to delete him, but his maxed Freyr would work well with my maxed Ares, so we can both benefit anyway.

Hey George, do you have room for me? I don't think I've ever had you on my friend list. Could really use another Ares on my list.

Radav

What are the stats on your Green team? I'm contemplating attempting Legend with it I'm just afraid I'll be sitting at the boss for a year trying to down him.

My problem with the Fire team is terribad RCV's. I have Echidna, but she can only do so much. Need to get some levels into it soon as plant day rolls around.

Hey George, do you have room for me? I don't think I've ever had you on my friend list. Could really use another Ares on my list.
Just sent an invite. I must admit I don't use Ares often, but if you ever need me to sub him in let me know via here or in-game. I actually raised him to be on my eventual Goemon team. His 0 RCV works well with dual -500 RCV Gigases to keep Goemon's team RCV low.

Slottm

Neo Member
My green team didnt take more than 30 mins to an hour on legendary. That being said, everything is max level. went with freyja + artemis. around 28000 hp and 4000 rcv. will be back later for details

MicH

Here are my main teams:

I've recently spent a lot of time leveling my Fire team and I really like how it has turned out. Notice how 3 of the subs are actually farmable monsters. Chiyome has turned out to be one of the better pulls I got during the last Godfest. An extra orb changer is just heavenly, and that she utilizes light orbs is even better! I also still need to max skill my Gigas. Does anyone know where the best place to farm Samurai Goblins is?

My green team needs a lot of work still, and I still need to evolve Susano, though he is really close. I was aosl lucky to get the green ninja when we got 5.0 and I'm really happy with that. Having three orb changers are really, really nice. You pretty much always have an orbchange at your disposal - especially with ADK max skilled.

I've become a little frustrated with my water team. It doesn't hit as hard due to the lower attack (2.25 versus 4 of the other two teams), but it is much more defensive. It can tank a lot of hits with more than 20k HP. I really want the blue ninja as I can feel held back by the lack of orbchangers. While Siren is good, I don't really use her extra heal orbs in combination with Siegfried. The lack of a max skilled orb changer (besides Siren) is a downer. Instead of Orochi - or Siren - I can also sub in my Neptune for poison damage. This team has a lot of usable monsters.

Another plus of my Lakshmi team is that I have SO MANY Lakshmi friends, while I still don't have many Artemis frieds - and nearly no Ares friends. I need to work on that.

ToxicAdam

I'm trying to be a more useful/reliable friend. Which one should I keep up most often? Bastet/Lakshmi/Awoken Odin ?

Lakshmi seems to be the one getting the most use, but probably only to other Lakshmi users. Odin and Bastet are more versatile and not many people have them up 24/7.

I'm trying to be a more useful/reliable friend. Which one should I keep up most often? Bastet/Lakshmi/Awoken Odin ?

Lakshmi seems to be the one getting the most use, but probably only to other Lakshmi users. Odin and Bastet are more versatile and not many people have them up 24/7.
I sometimes use your Lakshimi on my I&I team in the absence of Hermes (seriously, we had a Greek Godfest, why do I still only have 2- Hermes friends?!) and she does fine in a pinch.

OTIX

^ Yes it goes away.

I've recently spent a lot of time leveling my Fire team and I really like how it has turned out. Notice how 3 of the subs are actually farmable monsters. Chiyome has turned out to be one of the better pulls I got during the last Godfest. An extra orb changer is just heavenly, and that she utilizes light orbs is even better! I also still need to max skill my Gigas. Does anyone know where the best place to farm Samurai Goblins is?
Technically the best place to farm goblins is Fire Forest Nerva but overall you're much better off using last stage Hyperion Lava Flow since it gives over 500 xp/stam, tons of feeder xp, king metals and +1 eggs. Just don't forget to bring poison for the boss.

MicH

^ Yes it goes away.

Technically the best place to farm goblins is Fire Forest Nerva but overall you're much better off using last stage Hyperion Lava Flow since it gives over 500 xp/stam, tons of feeder xp, king metals and +1 eggs. Just don't forget to bring poison for the boss.
Thanks, I'm definitely gonna do that :D

Radav

^ Yes it goes away.

I don't know if this is just my weird luck with drops but I had a really bad time getting the goblins to drop in Hyperion Lava Flow. Like almost non existant. I ended up farming Tower of Flare's Red Guardian Level since it was 1.5% increased drop on the weekend and did much better but not as good as I had hoped. Ultimately I'd imagine Fire Forest Nerva is your best bet if you're just looking to stack up samurai goblins.

OTIX

boosted drop rate on Monday btw
Also on Wednesdays but pretty late euro time.

I don't know if this is just my weird luck with drops but I had a really bad time getting the goblins to drop in Hyperion Lava Flow. Like almost non existant. I ended up farming Tower of Flare's Red Guardian Level since it was 1.5% increased drop on the weekend and did much better but not as good as I had hoped. Ultimately I'd imagine Fire Forest Nerva is your best bet if you're just looking to stack up samurai goblins.
Sounds like bad luck. I've been farming last stage Hyperion on 1.5x quite a lot and the goblins drop regularly, maybe a bit less than one per run on average. Nerva should net more goblins per stamina but it's also a huge waste considering all the other stuff you're not getting. Hyperion is always worth running on 1.5x even if you don't need goblins.

ccbfan

Shocker, 5th time running LFD on master no fucking drop. This game is beyond bullshit sometimes.

You want bullshit?

Took me 8 runs on master to get the wood mech dragon. That's after 50 plus runs of failure on expert.

Got 6 Dyrads though. Hey why not give you a ton of the least useful healer.

Then got 3 skills up out of the 5 extra ones. Hey lets give you one skill up out of 30 MSK but when it comes to the most useless healer, mostly because she has the worst active skill in the game, lets give you you an over 50% skill up rate on her active skill.

Yes I'm still bitter.

MicH

Whelp, I'm out of dragon plants and still have 30 Ruby dragons left. i did get a LOT yesterday, so I would say I'm satisfied with the number of plants I farmed last Thursday.

SaintR

I think it's because 2x HP is not all that useful without boosted RCV to balance it out. You can take the hits, but its much harder to get the health back.
Getting trolled pretty hard here lol. I need 3 dark keepers. after 5 runs since this morning I have 2 rainbow keepers, 1 blue keeper, 1 green keeper, 3 white keepers. I was hoping not to use any stones...it's like they know.

Yaari

I got 2 Light Keeper in a Blue Keeper run. I did not know they could even appear twice.

Also got an Pengdra overdose in my storage now thanks to Iris Hill. But I dont see how I would ever get 50 Plants in a single day, and that stack of Pengdra is only going to get bigger.

What is the suggested way of getting + eggs? Whatever is on increased droprate (Highest available tier) or Iris Hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom