• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise the Legendary dragons were so easy - they predate Skydragons and were the first type of dragon introduced by GungHo.

As for the Miniwhiskeys they're not so bad for fodder since you typically need to wait for either a jewel dragons day or a Thursday to do anything with Pengdras.

J0dy77

If you evolve and spend 4 million xp on him then his attack will do 60000 damage. That's basically the only value he has since the stats are worse than a mechdragon.

I was looking at him more for the replacement of Meteor and using the 50% resist. Would take a long time to get to that level of stats though.

OTIX

So do you think it's worth it to try and farm these for the mini-pengdras? I'd love to find another way to get some XP incoming besides the whole pengdra thing and wasn't sure they dropped enough for it to be worth it to farm for them.
The expert whiskey dragon is very much worth running since it gives 400 xp per stam. The moltdras are nice and pretty common and obviously any Echidna skillups are incredibly valuable. As usual only run the higher difficulties if you need the dragon, personally I always wait for 2x to run master, 40% drop is the worst.

ToxicAdam

Where's the best place to farm regular mythlits apart from fridays?

Any of the lower tech dungeons. You should get one drop for every 10 runs you do. That's been about my average.

--- // ---

I've been running a Bastet/Parv team the past few days. I love the way their skills blend together.

ccbfan

Anyone got a good strategy for legend whiskey dragon. I'm trying to beat it for the stone (Already got the dragon).

I've been running a

Megalodran
Siren
Fire Mech
Enchilada
Hera

Flare Drall helper.

The problem is the demon mid bosses and the fire demon seals my Megalodran and I can't survive the hit from both the Water demon and the Fire demon. The fire demon seals too often for me to charge the Enchilada.

I could go full Fire but I wouldn't have enough HP to survive two full attacks from the demons.

Too bad I didn't get a Fire Noel for Easter since a Dual fire Noel can probably complete this pretty easily.

I guess I can always wait for next run and my red team is more level and I meet the necessary hp recs for my fire team.

shinjijai

I evolved my Ares recently, and the double hp is nice. My red team is my second best after my green team, but Ares, Gigas, and Jotunn have terrible rcv stats so I don't heal much when matching hearts.

I am looking for more Ares, Shiva, and Freyr friends. (I already have krauser on my friend list)

Static@GAF

i normally have shiva and sometimes ares up, just added you.

MicH

I have zero water "nukers". Never got around to evolve my Aurora Dragon, just missed the Ice Mechdragon.. Skydragon sucks.. So I can't wait to get both the Ancient Icedragon and the Legendary Icedragon. I need them bad, man :( I suppose I do have the Easter present monster, but I haven't leveled that one yet.

Glad to see so many Ares users here! I am in dire need of them, and I need to expand my friendlist a bit when I get some stones. Currently at 80 which are not nearly enough.

SaberVulcan

So how'd everyone do on their Mystic Knight farming last week? I spent the majority of my PAD time doing that, and stones, but still didnt get nearly as much as I wanted :(.

1 blue + 2 skillups
1 black + 1 skillup
1 red

Farmed blue most of the time, prolly went 2/10.

MicH

So how'd everyone do on their Mystic Knight farming last week? I spent the majority of my PAD time doing that, and stones, but still didnt get nearly as much as I wanted :(.

1 blue + 2 skillups
1 black + 1 skillup
1 red

Farmed blue most of the time, prolly went 2/10.
1 skill up on CDK (now SL3)
1 skill up on my second ADK (now SL2)
1 skill up on Fenrir Knight (SL2)

Horrible luck. Got who-knows-how-many Ice Knights, too :( The ADK and CDK skillups were due to errors in the posted schedules. Wanted to farm Ice Knights all week.

Radav

I probably should have spent more time farming for these. In the end I ended up picking up the Ice and Flame knight I was missing from my collection and stopped there. After taking about 15 runs before I got the Flame knight I decided I'd rather spend my stamina other ways. So instead I wasted a load of it trying to skill up my titan. lol

*edit*

I wanted to know is the active skill for the whiskey dragons an AOE or single target?

mercviper

I probably should have spent more time farming for these. In the end I ended up picking up the Ice and Flame knight I was missing from my collection and stopped there. After taking about 15 runs before I got the Flame knight I decided I'd rather spend my stamina other ways. So instead I wasted a load of it trying to skill up my titan. lol

*edit*

I wanted to know is the active skill for the whiskey dragons an AOE or single target?

25k AOE. Pretty nice on a 9 turn timer. I've been farming expert for the rank xp/stam benefits and echidna/moltdra drops. Any other whiskeys I get are a bonus that may or may not help me bring that cooldown to 4 turns. :x

Radav

25k AOE. Pretty nice on a 9 turn timer. I've been farming expert for the rank xp/stam benefits and echidna/moltdra drops. Any other whiskeys I get are a bonus that may or may not help me bring that cooldown to 4 turns. :x

Ok so, with that bit of information these would make really good subs then wouldn't they? They have a low CD aoe nuke, and their stats are well rounded. High HP, Decent Attack and they have a good amount of RCV. They seem like the first dragon I'd consider using regularly on a mono color team.

mercviper

Ok so, with that bit of information these would make really good subs then wouldn't they? They have a low CD aoe nuke, and their stats are well rounded. High HP, Decent Attack and they have a good amount of RCV. They seem like the first dragon I'd consider using regularly on a mono color team.

I dunno about anyone else but I plan to use him as a sub for my fire team. I guess the big problem is the 60 team cost? He makes a very nice replacement if you had a ripper as a sub. (which I did)

My current red team is looking like:

Noel max
Titan max
Echidna the Red Empress 35
Phoenix Knight max
Red Whiskey 37

I'm missing 3 demon masks to evolve titan and a mystic mask for Phoenix. I plan to farm them on wednesday and then when I've burned the red fodder I've been saving up, make an attempt on Whiskey - Legend. I could probably do it now since I have 30k HP when paired with Ares, but I already have a whiskey so there really isn't a need to when I could spend my stamina making the team stronger instead.

Here is my current usable box. I need to farm a naga sometime this week. Think i could run expert legendary Flame dragon and acient with what i got
Current team is Fire/Grass (for rcv)
r_ULgAWjc0jDVRiiJiwn0Ee7nmZAgtlE3z04V_KCBT8.png

using him in my mono-red team. so far so good. Replaced Meteor Dragon, just need to lvl him up a bit now

I keep forgetting the one thing that keeps the whiskeydragons from being the staple on my teams - their 60 point team cost. At rank 133 I have a max cost of 148 points. I could fit one into an ADK team but it will still be a while before I can fit more.

Pacman2k

Definitely agreed.

I'm definitely looking to change my water mech over to the blue whiskey once it's available for my mono-blue / lakshmi team, and will farm as many as I can to drive it as close to a 4 turn cooldown as I can get.

I'm building a green team right now in prep. :)

Radav

Definitely agreed.

I'm definitely looking to change my water mech over to the blue whiskey once it's available for my mono-blue / lakshmi team, and will farm as many as I can to drive it as close to a 4 turn cooldown as I can get.

I'm building a green team right now in prep. :)

This seems like it would definitely be worth doing. Having that nuke on a 4 CD timer would be amazing.

OK, I can see having one whiskey on a team being useful, especially if you could get the CD down to 4 turns. I have crystal aurora dragon on my lakshmi team and I believe there are enough points left over that I could upgrade to the whiskey.

I know it is a little early, but are you guys going to hold your dupes for a 2xskill up event or just go for it? 5 upgrades is a minimum of 15 extras, wouldn't you say?

Lumiere

Neo Member
I evolved my Ares recently, and the double hp is nice. My red team is my second best after my green team, but Ares, Gigas, and Jotunn have terrible rcv stats so I don't heal much when matching hearts.

I am looking for more Ares, Shiva, and Freyr friends. (I already have krauser on my friend list)

Static@GAF
Sent you an invite as well - have Shiva and Freyr, been looking for Ares friends. :)

I just got a Taur Devil, is it worth doing anything with?

I'm interested to hear about the devils (and the regular knights, not the mystic ones) as well. I am working on skilling up one devil of each color but I am wondering if I really need to do that as I do have a pretty good assortment of monsters.

Only really need to skill up light Devils (for Hera) and maybe Dark ones for now. Maybe there will be a dungeon where the other ones become useful in the future?

Also while playing Legendary Hellfire I whiffed a Horus combo, looked up, and saw five Pyro Devils with Cd 1. Oops.

I just got a Taur Devil, is it worth doing anything with?

I'm interested to hear about the devils (and the regular knights, not the mystic ones) as well. I am working on skilling up one devil of each color but I am wondering if I really need to do that as I do have a pretty good assortment of monsters.

They are pretty good in zombie teams due to high attack, low hp. I'd keep a few around and skill up. I don't know if color matters really if you are using them in resolve only.

note : skill is the same through evo's. so you can skill them and evo to demons and possibly hellfire.

Thank you! I actually meant to write Ares - had a stupid moment and wrote Hades instead ;;

That said, I can definitely use more friends with Hades, too - sent you an invite :)

No worries. I generally run Shiva as well, so moderately useful to your red team.

Pacman2k

OK, I can see having one whiskey on a team being useful, especially if you could get the CD down to 4 turns. I have crystal aurora dragon on my lakshmi team and I believe there are enough points left over that I could upgrade to the whiskey.

I know it is a little early, but are you guys going to hold your dupes for a 2xskill up event or just go for it? 5 upgrades is a minimum of 15 extras, wouldn't you say?

I will definitely be holding mine for a 2x skill event, unless the lack of box space becomes unbearable, but I think I'll be able to hold out.

Only really need to skill up light Devils (for Hera) and maybe Dark ones for now. Maybe there will be a dungeon where the other ones become useful in the future?

Also while playing Legendary Hellfire I whiffed a Horus combo, looked up, and saw five Pyro Devils with Cd 1. Oops.

I have a light devil (2nd evo I think) getting close to max level. It is also at skill level 11, so better than it starts but still has a little ways to go. How many would you recommend?

I have a light devil (2nd evo I think) getting close to max level. It is also at skill level 11, so better than it starts but still has a little ways to go. How many would you recommend?
I think the Hera Resolve team uses four with an Ammy leader and Orochi helper. Then again if you already have a Hera there's no point in building this team asides from shits and giggles.

How far into the Technical dungeons should I advance for the best farming on Mondays? I haven't passed Castle of Satan in the Abyss so I've been sticking to the first two levels of each of the first tier dungeons. Is there a better strategy that anyone can recommend?

How far into the Technical dungeons should I advance for the best farming on Mondays? I haven't passed Castle of Satan in the Abyss so I've been sticking to the first two levels of each of the first tier dungeons. Is there a better strategy that anyone can recommend?

generally, higher is better. You get better chance to drop dub*lits, evo'd Pengdras, metal dragons, etc.

Since they started this, I've just spent mondays clearing the Techs. I guess the Isis Rainbow one is the best? Can't speak on it as i'm not there yet.

I think the Hera Resolve team uses four with an Ammy leader and Orochi helper. Then again if you already have a Hera there's no point in building this team asides from shits and giggles.

Box space is again becoming a little tight so I think I will dump the demons/devils I have. Along with two knights that will give me 7 spaces. I have a good number of metal dragons so I can farm some pendgras and get rid of some of those as well. Would like to get two king emeralds later so I can evolve Artemis.

I have put a few levels (a while back now) into a second set of rippers. They still need one more evolution but now I am thinking a second set is unnecessary. I don't have mech dragons (just dark) but those will come sooner or later and I do have sky, whiskey, and now legendary ones so...

Box space is again becoming a little tight so I think I will dump the demons/devils I have. Along with two knights that will give me 7 spaces. I have a good number of metal dragons so I can farm some pendgras and get rid of some of those as well. Would like to get two king emeralds later so I can evolve Artemis.

I have put a few levels (a while back now) into a second set of rippers. They still need one more evolution but now I am thinking a second set is unnecessary. I don't have mech dragons (just dark) but those will come sooner or later and I do have sky, whiskey, and now legendary ones so...

The best part about the Rippers is the 50% resist and Nuke (along w/ Team Cost). If you can satisfy those elsewhere, no real need for them I guess.

Anyone have a ranking of the dragons as far as what you should focus on building up? It's looking like the Whiskey ones are the top atm.

MicH

Missed my Emerald dragons earlier, damn it. Really need to level my green team!

Ruby Dragons in 50 minutes, though. Gotta powerlevel everything, man.

Also gonna get a third attempt at the Master Legendary dragon. it better drop this time! Third time's a charm, right?

EDIT: I also opened up 25 spots on my friendlist. Feel free to add me: 307,846,202

J0dy77

I got the Ancient dragon on my first Master run. Now I'm trying to figure out a team for Legendary for dat stone.

I tried dual resist first with a couple sirens in the middle. Then I tried tri resist with Meteor dragon and Megalodron (for the blue resist in round 5). both times round 5 stopped me, I didn't have enough damage to burn through. Might be better off subbing out meteor for a damage multiplier. I can put up my Megalodron if anyone wants to try Legendary.

daemissary

Third Master clear.. no drop.

WTF is this!? :(

I've been running master every time I get the stamina since the dungeon appeared to try and get as many drops as possible to skill up. I've gotten the drop around half of the time but I've definitely had a stretch where I didn't get him 4 times in a row.

Quantum

after reading the wiki I'm a little confused -

Flamedragon Muspelheim will busty evolve at any level with the right items in power-up fusion?

the reason I ask it it looks on the wiki to be stating lvl 99 over the arrow pointing to the evolution.

after reading the wiki I'm a little confused -

Flamedragon Muspelheim will busty evolve at any level with the right items in power-up fusion?

the reason I ask it it looks on the wiki to be stating lvl 99 over the arrow pointing to the evolution.

Definitely evolves at any level. I did mine right after getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom