• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

FINALLY on my fourth try the dragon decided to join me :D ABOUT TIME!

Also spent a few stones replenishing stamina during Ruby Dragons. So FEW Kings :( But my red team will have some nice dinners these coming days

ccbfan

I tried dual resist first with a couple sirens in the middle. Then I tried tri resist with Meteor dragon and Megalodron (for the blue resist in round 5). both times round 5 stopped me, I didn't have enough damage to burn through. Might be better off subbing out meteor for a damage multiplier. I can put up my Megalodron if anyone wants to try Legendary.

Tried 2 times and failed 2 times, all on stage 5.

Try one

Went
Megalodran
Siren
Fire Mech
Enchilada
Hera

Flare Drall helper.

Fire Demon seals my Megalodran, use Enchilada, Fire Demon seals again before I could recharge Enchilada and dead.

Try two

Went
Megalodran
Siren
Enchilada
Enchilada
Hera

Flare Drall helper.

Enchiladas does its job but HP not enough to survive Water special attack and Fire Special Attack together.

If I had a Fire Noel I could go with an all red party with Fire Noel partner and have 30 K ish hp but sadly I got the blue one instead.

FINALLY on my fourth try the dragon decided to join me :D ABOUT TIME!

Also spent a few stones replenishing stamina during Ruby Dragons. So FEW Kings :( But my red team will have some nice dinners these coming days

ugh. Not sure I'll be spending stamina stones during the dragons anymore. Definitely got spoiled with that 2xKing event

MicH

ugh. Not sure I'll be spending stamina stones during the dragons anymore. Definitely got spoiled with that 2xKing event
Yeah, it sucks to go back after 2x Kings. Wish it was like that always.

I still have quite a lot of plants, so the small dragons are still very useful to me. I think this is the first time where I farmed enough plants to last me through the whole week :p

so still a complete noob but i got to lvl 19 right now. I'm slowing starting to evolve my team and my main right group consists of Vampire Lord, Tyrannos, Super King God Dragon, Drall, and Black Knight.

My question is I've picked up a few Gold Dragons and Metal Dragons and have no idea whether I should be saving them or using the Metal Dragons to lvl up my Vampire Lord and selling of the Gold Dragons. Do they have any other use besides being sold and used to power up? I'm sorta running out of room and money lol

so still a complete noob but i got to lvl 19 right now. I'm slowing starting to evolve my team and my main right group consists of Vampire Lord, Tyrannos, Super King God Dragon, Drall, and Black Knight.

My question is I've picked up a few Gold Dragons and Metal Dragons and have no idea whether I should be saving them or using the Metal Dragons to lvl up my Vampire Lord and selling of the Gold Dragons. Do they have any other use besides being sold and used to power up? I'm sorta running out of room and money lol

Since you don't have any light creatures to feed the gold dragons to you might as well sell them. You could use them as food for an off-color creature but that is up to you. The metal dragons (assuming you mean the regular ones) are okay as food for low level black monsters but I typically save them to feed pendgras (1 pendgra plus 3 regular metal dragons = max xp pendgra).

Since you don't have any light creatures to feed the gold dragons to you might as well sell them. You could use them as food for an off-color creature but that is up to you. The metal dragons (assuming you mean the regular ones) are okay as food for low level black monsters but I typically save them to feed pendgras (1 pendgra plus 3 regular metal dragons = max xp pendgra).

Thanks, I think I'll just sell of the gold dragons and maybe hang of to the metal ones for now. Do you know when I should expect to start seeing pengdras?

Caerith

Because there aren't anything to answer? It is like why Google asks for your gender when you sign up GMail, does gender really matter to your email box.
If you feel uncomfortable, you don't need to fill in.
But you do need to fill it in if you want to update your rank or search comment. If, like you said, it doesn't matter, then why make it a mandatory field while other fields, useful fields like location, are optional?

I'd understand if you required us to provide our blood type. I mean, at least that could save a life.

Beta, any reason why the site removed the drops from the full dungeon list page? Being able to see possible drops from all dungeons at a quick glance was one of my favorite features.
+2

I'd really like to see this feature return.

Echoing others' lamentations over the end of the 2x King event. Out of 12 runs today, all I got was 3 Highs and 0 Kings. I didn't bother spending more than 1 stone for Dragon hunting, since today is Technical dungeon day!

I'm absolutely loving farming Hill of Iris's Rainbow today! The gold and exp is good and the drops are SO good! It's my new favorite farm spot since GungHo made it 1.5x drop rate on Mondays. Been getting a bunch of Pengdras and +1 eggs all day.

And I just had my best run so far. 1 of each Pengdra, a Dub-mythlit, and a +1 egg. A Royal Flush run.

fylEqSD.jpg

I'm almost to rank 100. Do I get a free magic stone?
Unfortunately no.

daw840

Damn. Used up all my plants.

Did I miss something last week or was there no keeper dungeons open? I really need a couple.

Over the weekend, I saw a dozen Zeus on my friend's list. Was planning to play with mine a little today. Logged on and I only saw two low level ones. Over half of them have switched to ADKs.

WHY.
A lot of people were using Zeus to beat the Zeus and Valkyrie dungeons. Zeus is great for the tougher dungeons, but he's not as brain-dead easy or quick as ADK for regular dungeon farming. I almost never use ADK for most of the super tough dungeons, but use it 90% of the time aside from those. When I'm blitzing a Jewel Dragon dungeon for example, I use ADK because I'm trying to get in as many runs as I can within that hour. Zeus can also finish them quickly, but if you get hit, it can cost valuable time as you can no longer break a King's armor in 1 shot. ADK is just much more consistent in that regard.

razterik

Sweet. I just need a red keeper to evo my flame drall! I hope to be able to hit the master version of the weekend dungeon this coming weekend. A flame drall and a fortoytops should do the trick no?

Maybe? With dual resist, you'd still have to tank 10k worth of damage per 2 turns at the boss carbuncles. Best case would be 7.5k if you get a wood carbuncle. Granted, you will be getting lots of health orb matches, but I don't know how safe I would feel over the time it will take you to grind through everything without damage multipliers.

Master weekend dungeon is more kill or be killed. You can run it with strong mono colored teams if you have enough HP, but most run it with ADK/Bastet/Isis and just burn everything away. Take an Echidna if you want a safety net.

Yeah, I get the reasons. Just a casual lamentation of how we've gone back to the standard Puzzle and ADKs. Carry on.
Oh, okay. I get you. Sorry to be part of the problem, but that's just the way GungHo set things up. ADK is the easiest power team to build around. You can a get a bunch of Dragons without ever pulling the rare gacha. Add to that that GungHo gave us 2 Dragon Guardian events in short order, and it's no wonder ADK is the most common helper at the moment. Though it definitely has lessened since the 5.0 update, and I'm seeing a much larger variety in my friend list, though ADK is still the highest percentage. In fact, I just counted, and I currently have 20 friends utilizing Zeus compared to 32 ADKs. At one point, my friend ADKs consistently numbered over 70, so people definitely branched out into using different leaders. I also imagine a lot of people still need time to build teams around Zeus. Light teams are the most time consuming to build.

razterik

I guess I just need to get new, better friends, haha. I do need to cull that list up a little, but I have been trying to maintain a balance of all colors since I started to spread into several different teams. I hate scrolling the damn thing, though. Would it be too much to ask for pagination, Gungho!?

Yeah I'm also lamenting lack of event options, where there's a huge lull between what's going on and what's not.

I don't mind it so much; gives you time to check off items on your shopping list, stock up on enhance mats, and actually progress through dungeons. I still haven't passed the 5th tier of normal dungeons even though I now actually have a team that can beat it because there's been so many events.

BetaTester

Neo Member
Beta, any reason why the site removed the drops from the full dungeon list page? Being able to see possible drops from all dungeons at a quick glance was one of my favorite features.

+1 Really miss that.
Also Legendary Fire Dragon on Expert is so easy it almost hurts. Well, for my Lakshmi team at least. Breezed through. Gonna give Master a go with that team

That function is taken down due to some query problems and I have no time to deal with it now.
I will take a look at it once I finish the new function. It will be back :)

AcridMeat

Banned
Any tips for the Castle of Satan? I'm on the second floor, getting to the boss is easy peasy but I just can't get rid of one of the bosses before I die. Always run out of heart tiles before.

MicH

For the last many, many weeks I've ALWAYS gotten Dark Keepers. ZERO Light. So many Dark Keepers that I had to fuse many of them into my Golems.

Now I find myself needing 3 Dark Keepers. What do I get? Light Keepers, only Light Keepers.

Sigh...

I did get to evolve my Phoenix Knight at least :D Now I'm onto Hera (max lvl) and Susano (needs 7 levels). Wooh!

J0dy77

GungHo working on some sort of spinoff app, "Puzzle Challenge"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dLKKX5lEreM#t=5401s

It's a time/score attack where you have to go through the five Japanese Gods as fast as possible with a Horus team; at the end you're scored based on time taken, max combo, and turns taken. Looks like a good way to quantitatively test your prowess with Horus.

I hit a bad stretch the past couple days with no kings and my ADK not getting the job done on newer dungeons, took a break and decided to dust off my horus team now that I've added a decent amount of levels into the party. What a difference!

I'm glad Gungho is making this extra game because it really is a very fun way to play the game. They really should add additional mobs into the game with the 4x combo ability. Isis and Horus are the two mobs I would say are really worth pulling for in the REG, anything else can really be friended.

Tried 2 times and failed 2 times, all on stage 5.

Try one

Went
Megalodran
Siren
Fire Mech
Enchilada
Hera

Flare Drall helper.

Fire Demon seals my Megalodran, use Enchilada, Fire Demon seals again before I could recharge Enchilada and dead.

Try two

Went
Megalodran
Siren
Enchilada
Enchilada
Hera

Flare Drall helper.

Enchiladas does its job but HP not enough to survive Water special attack and Fire Special Attack together.

If I had a Fire Noel I could go with an all red party with Fire Noel partner and have 30 K ish hp but sadly I got the blue one instead.

I was able to survive the hits, the big problem for me was when they locked up all blue and I lost my resist on megalodron. You need to have a decent amount of burn to get through at least one of them.

That function is taken down due to some query problems and I have no time to deal with it now.
I will take a look at it once I finish the new function. It will be back :)

Great to hear, can't wait until it's back.

Yaari

Running Isis Hill for a Dub-Mythlit now, I've done so yesterday aswell but obviously out of the 5 times I saw him, he never dropped.

Ah well its a nice way to collect + Eggs, and Pengdra at the same time. Not to mention the exp is great aswell. I could rank up every day, quite rare in Tech dungeons as far as I know.

ParityBit

I don't mind it so much; gives you time to check off items on your shopping list, stock up on enhance mats, and actually progress through dungeons. I still haven't passed the 5th tier of normal dungeons even though I now actually have a team that can beat it because there's been so many events.

I agree with this 100%. I find myself never having time to get mats to level/evolve things in my box. I still have to do the Ancient Fire Dragon on Master and Legend. No idea what team can handle it that I have. I tried a couple, and kept failing pretty bad.

Today I am just hunting some colored keepers. I have enough of the Light/Dark/Rainbow to last me a long while.

Any tips for the Castle of Satan? I'm on the second floor, getting to the boss is easy peasy but I just can't get rid of one of the bosses before I die. Always run out of heart tiles before.

find a friend with a Chaos Devil Dragon or Drawn Poker, preferably Drawn Poker since he gives you 50% resist to water and dark which are both in the final stage of castle of satan.

J0dy77

I agree with this 100%. I find myself never having time to get mats to level/evolve things in my box. I still have to do the Ancient Fire Dragon on Master and Legend. No idea what team can handle it that I have. I tried a couple, and kept failing pretty bad.

Today I am just hunting some colored keepers. I have enough of the Light/Dark/Rainbow to last me a long while.

I've been doing the same thing since the madness of last week. I'm focusing on clearing tech dungeons, I need a better place outside of the daily dungeons to get mystic masks and dubs. I have so many mobs to level now it's overwhelming (which is a good problem).

I'm focusing on anything that will help the Horus team, max skilled the vampire last week (never want to do that again). Going to evolve Viper and put a lot of levels into Berserker and Highlander. I just realized last night how great of a fit they'd be for Horus. Here's my current goal team:

5HQIvMQl.png

I'll be able to eat up hearts at any time and keep any low availability color on the board. I'm going to use Berserker and Viper as subs for double horus teams and use Isis for blue with the team above. Enchidna may be another delay sub I'd use in place of Gigas. I'm thinking I'm going to evolve Gigas to final form as well, this team is all about burn and the HP will be more important then being able to heal.

ParityBit

I've been doing the same thing since the madness of last week. I'm focusing on clearing tech dungeons, I need a better place outside of the daily dungeons to get mystic masks and dubs. I have so many mobs to level now it's overwhelming (which is a good problem).

I'm focusing on anything that will help the Horus team, max skilled the vampire last week (never want to do that again). Going to evolve Viper and put a lot of levels into Berserker and Highlander. I just realized last night how great of a fit they'd be for Horus. Here's my current goal team:

5HQIvMQl.png

I'll be able to eat up hearts at any time and keep any low availability color on the board. I'm going to use Berserker and Viper as subs for double horus teams and use Isis for blue with the team above. Enchidna may be another delay sub I'd use in place of Gigas. I'm thinking I'm going to evolve Gigas to final form as well, this team is all about burn and the HP will be more important then being able to heal.

That looks like a good team! I wonder if I should level my Isis up now. I finished my Ammy, but at this point I just have a mass of monsters and no real direction on a team.

Tried doing master LFD again this morning with the same team that I beat it twice before in hopes to finally get a drop and the damn little devils just kept bombarding me and died on the 3rd level. Oh well. Probably wasn't going to drop anyways.

J0dy77

That looks like a good team! I wonder if I should level my Isis up now. I finished my Ammy, but at this point I just have a mass of monsters and no real direction on a team.

100% level Isis in my opinion. Flood your friend list with a ton of Horus and you'll have a blast. It's such a fun way to play. I did a ton of new tech dungeons yesterday and blew threw all of them with a Horus/Isis combo.

Isis, Ammy and Neptune are the three mobs I want out of the REG right now.

lenni

GungHo working on some sort of spinoff app, "Puzzle Challenge"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dLKKX5lEreM#t=5401s

It's a time/score attack where you have to go through the five Japanese Gods as fast as possible with a Horus team; at the end you're scored based on time taken, max combo, and turns taken. Looks like a good way to quantitatively test your prowess with Horus.

I'm glad Gungho is making this extra game because it really is a very fun way to play the game. They really should add additional mobs into the game with the 4x combo ability. Isis and Horus are the two mobs I would say are really worth pulling for in the REG, anything else can really be friended.

They do talk about some kind of challenge though, so it seems to be some kind of event to test the players' skill, possibly with prices (?). I guess that's why they highlight that this is another app you need to download for the iphone to be able to participate.
The name of the level, "First Puzzle Dragon Japan Cup", also seems to hint on that and the guy in black said they don't know when they'll release it yet.

MicH

Got all the Keepers I need at the moment (including the Dark Keepers!! Still need 1 or two of them, though) so I'm set. Evolved Phoenix Knight :D

Need so many Masks as well. Green Masks, Red Masks and DARK MASKS. Soo many Dark Masks. Divine Masks that is. Should've gotten them last week when it was 2x :/

Radav

Omg my country for an Anubis! I'm doing the ancient dragon master and I'm on the boss using an Isis helper. The 3 x multiplier is nice but not nearly enough to make this less of a grind. I can't even imagine what Legend must be like.

Kosh

Metal Dragons (15 Stamina) 4/9/2013 PDT

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 15:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Is there a reason why no one runs a CDK leader? I get that 2xADK team is just brutal on the damage front, but can barely take an hits.

ADK/CDK seems like a more balanced team, giving you the HP and ATK bonus'.

Just curious why there are SO many (...so many) ADKs, but no CDKs.

Is there a reason why no one runs a CDK leader? I get that 2xADK team is just brutal on the damage front, but can barely take an hits.

ADK/CDK seems like a more balanced team, giving you the HP and ATK bonus'.

Just curious why there are SO many (...so many) ADKs, but no CDKs.
I think it's because 2x HP is not all that useful without boosted RCV to balance it out. You can take the hits, but its much harder to get the health back.

ParityBit

100% level Isis in my opinion. Flood your friend list with a ton of Horus and you'll have a blast. It's such a fun way to play. I did a ton of new tech dungeons yesterday and blew threw all of them with a Horus/Isis combo.

Isis, Ammy and Neptune are the three mobs I want out of the REG right now.

What else should I team with my Isis for a team? Like I said ... I am lacking any team outside of the word "dragon." I know I have some of the pieces anyways. I still lack a Neptune, but I do have my succubus now that I can turn into a Lilith shortly.

I wonder if I stick my Isis as my leader if I would help my friends as much as my Ammy.

Isis' quick heal is kinda crappy too for a power. Might be a little better with levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom