• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

I got 2 Light Keeper in a Blue Keeper run. I did not know they could even appear twice.

Also got an Pengdra overdose in my storage now thanks to Iris Hill. But I dont see how I would ever get 50 Plants in a single day, and that stack of Pengdra is only going to get bigger.

What is the suggested way of getting + eggs? Whatever is on increased droprate (Highest available tier) or Iris Hill?

Yeah cant see getting 50 plants in a single day unless you're really lucky, you regenerate ~144 stamina a day, so 14-15 runs, five stages (more like 4) it can possibly drop from, and thats assuming anything drops at all.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looking for advice on team build/should I just restart? Got all the way to rank 34 (with 35 slots in my monster box) but my monster selection seems uninspired to me -

Tyrannos level 20
Shardran level 1
Fenrir Knight level 30
Ice Golem level 11
Dryad level 23
Holy Dragon level 24
Mystic Light Knight level 4
Cupid level 6
Pierdrawn level 24
Dark Golem level 10
Blood Devil level 11

For those of you keeping track, yes, that does mean that the best Green monster I have is a level 23 Dryad. I mostly use a level 18 Earth Knight but clearly that's not something that will last for long. I have 4 stones right now and am working on finishing Twin Temple Diana.

Seems like I've put in a lot of time to re-roll now but I just don't have anything yet that seems all that great outside of maybe the Holy Dragon who will someday evolve to something cool and the Pierdrawn who can situationally be pretty good with the dual resistances. There's some other decent stuff in there but nothing that seems amazing to me (though granted I haven't gotten too much into how they compare to other options yet).

atlantos

Neo Member
Gents,

what's the trick to beating Ancient Fire Dragon on Legend? Would dual Fortune Deity Lakshmi do the trick? Or Awaken Green Odin with very good healer is the only way? What's the best approach?

Looking for advice on team build/should I just restart? Got all the way to rank 34 (with 35 slots in my monster box) but my monster selection seems uninspired to me -

Tyrannos level 20
Shardran level 1
Fenrir Knight level 30
Ice Golem level 11
Dryad level 23
Holy Dragon level 24
Cupid level 6
Pierdrawn level 24
Dark Golem level 10
Blood Devil level 11

For those of you keeping track, yes, that does mean that the best Green monster I have is a level 23 Dryad. I mostly use a level 18 Earth Knight but clearly that's not something that will last for long. I have 4 stones right now and am working on finishing Twin Temple Diana.

Seems like I've put in a lot of time to re-roll now but I just don't have anything yet that seems all that great outside of maybe the Holy Dragon who will someday evolve to something cool and the Pierdrawn who can situationally be pretty good with the dual resistances. There's some other decent stuff in there but nothing that seems amazing to me (though granted I haven't gotten too much into how they compare to other options yet).
If you're a free-only player, I'd reroll. Rank 35 isn't that far. You don't really haven't anything great to build around. It looks like you only have 1 starter Dragon, so I'm guessing you still have your Present Egg? If so, you can send your egg to your new account, once you settle on a good first pull. Whether you reroll or not, you should be playing the Tower of Giants: Dragons of the Tower level during the 1/2 stamina weekend events to power-rank your way up to around rank 90. You'll never run out of stamina until then.

Gents,

what's the trick to beating Ancient Fire Dragon on Legend? Would dual Fortune Deity Lakshmi do the trick? Or Awaken Green Odin with very good healer is the only way? What's the best approach?
It really depends on how strong and good your team is. A Lakshmi team can definitely beat it provided your team is strong enough. The biggest threat would be the Pyro Demons binding your Water monsters. A max-skill Siren would be a very good monster to have. Demon Viper Orochi would also be useful if you could charge its skill before mid boss Pyro Demon to give you a chance to kill it before it binds your team. Or Echidna could work, too. If your team is strong enough, you could even kill the Pyro Demon before it can bind you without needing any delay skills.

Tyrannos level 20
Shardran level 1
Fenrir Knight level 30
Ice Golem level 11
Dryad level 23
Holy Dragon level 24
Cupid level 6
Pierdrawn level 24
Dark Golem level 10
Blood Devil level 11

I'd say reroll. Now that you know the game you should be able to get through the early dungeons very easily. A lot of people here (myself included) would recommend that you reroll until you get a good god (see the original post to know which), especially if you don't plan on paying. When I was rerolling, I would do two or three pulls before deciding whether to keep going or not. This shouldn't take longer than a couple hours.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like you only have 1 starter Dragon, so I'm guessing you still have your Present Egg? If so, you can send your egg to your new account, once you settle on a good first pull.

Are you assuming I have a second Android device to play on (which I do) or is there some way to run two accounts on one device?

Are you assuming I have a second Android device to play on (which I do) or is there some way to run two accounts on one device?
Only 1 device is needed. You can backup the your pertinent account files and start a new game. Once you settle on a good first rare pull, you back up that new account. Restore the old account files, send your present to your new account, then restore the new account and receive your friend egg. There's information on backing your files in the OP.

Slottm

Neo Member
Yeah cant see getting 50 plants in a single day unless you're really lucky, you regenerate ~144 stamina a day, so 14-15 runs, five stages (more like 4) it can possibly drop from, and thats assuming anything drops at all.

My friend, I shall give you a huge tip! A common strategy I employ is the day before plants (wednesday, requires a little tuesday cooperation) I force my level up to about 4000 to level, then allow my stamina to fully regenerate to 100 by the time I wake up (well, 105ish now, even though that's unimportant). I then do my 10 runs that morning, level up, do 10 more...then can continue doing more throughout the day while I regen stamina (typically from 8 am to 12 pm, is 16 hours of stamina, or ~108ish stamina) this gets me in total about 30 runs.

Your 144 stamina a day doesn't include any stored stamina from the previous day(s)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Only 1 device is needed. You can backup the your pertinent account files and start a new game. Once you settle on a good first rare pull, you back up that new account. Restore the old account files, send your present to your new account, then restore the new account and receive your friend egg. There's information on backing your files in the OP.

Thanks for the info. I had assumed that starting a new account wouldn't let you use the old files. Does this mean I could actually transfer backed up files to a different device and play my same game on the new one? I much prefer tablet playing but it would be handy to be able to transfer to my phone for road trips due to the required internet connection.

J0dy77

I got 2 Light Keeper in a Blue Keeper run. I did not know they could even appear twice.

Also got an Pengdra overdose in my storage now thanks to Iris Hill. But I dont see how I would ever get 50 Plants in a single day, and that stack of Pengdra is only going to get bigger.

What is the suggested way of getting + eggs? Whatever is on increased droprate (Highest available tier) or Iris Hill?

I was going to ask the same question? Obviously we want 1.5x but does any tier seem to give better drop rates? Is it the higher the better?

Thanks for the info. I had assumed that starting a new account wouldn't let you use the old files. Does this mean I could actually transfer backed up files to a different device and play my same game on the new one? I much prefer tablet playing but it would be handy to be able to transfer to my phone for road trips due to the required internet connection.

Theoretically it's against the TOS and you could be banned for doing so, but afaik nobody has gotten banned for it yet. As far as banning goes the only people who have gotten their accounts suspended are actual cheaters or glitch abusers.

Theoretically it's against the TOS and you could be banned for doing so, but afaik nobody has gotten banned for it yet. As far as banning goes the only people who have gotten their accounts suspended are actual cheaters or glitch abusers.
Thanks, Cosmo. I was going to answer Monroeski that yes it's possible to do what he's asking. I didn't think about TOS violations, even if no one ever got banned for it.

atlantos

Neo Member
It really depends on how strong and good your team is. A Lakshmi team can definitely beat it provided your team is strong enough. The biggest threat would be the Pyro Demons binding your Water monsters. A max-skill Siren would be a very good monster to have. Demon Viper Orochi would also be useful if you could charge its skill before mid boss Pyro Demon to give you a chance to kill it before it binds your team. Or Echidna could work, too. If your team is strong enough, you could even kill the Pyro Demon before it can bind you without needing any delay skills.

How strong is strong enough :D I don't have a max skilled Siren but my Siren is at skill level 6... just needed another skill up... Below is my Lakshmi team... all of them are around L30ish... What do you think? Do I have a chance? I could possibly sub Heavenly Neptune with another water Dragon (Don't have Mech Water Dragon though)... I know Poison doesn't work on the boss.

Screenshot_2013-04-10-12-12-03.png

ccbfan

How strong is strong enough :D I don't have a max skilled Siren but my Siren is at skill level 6... just needed another skill up... Below is my Lakshmi team... all of them are around L30ish... What do you think? Do I have a chance? I could possibly sub Heavenly Neptune with another water Dragon (Don't have Mech Water Dragon though)... I know Poison doesn't work on the boss.

Screenshot_2013-04-10-12-12-03.png

That party pretty much has no chance.

You need a delayer to beat the two demons and your damage is just not high enough.

Legend Ancient Fire dragon is really freakin hard. If You go all blue you have to be able to basically win fights in one move. Cause you're one bind away from be dead the next turn in pretty much every fight.

atlantos

Neo Member
That party pretty much has no chance.

You need a delayer to beat the two demons and your damage is just not high enough.

Legend Ancient Fire dragon is really freakin hard. If You go all blue you have to be able to basically win fights in one move. Cause you're one bind away from be dead the next turn in pretty much every fight.

Yah... don't have viper Orochi... one monster that I really need... I do have Red Empress Echidna but doesn't really go with the blue team. What team are you guys using to beat the Dragon on Legend level?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60303015/Screenshot_2013-04-10-12-12-03.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
It's possible, but like I already said and ccbfan reiterated you might have some trouble with getting bound by the Pyro Demons because you don't have much firepower even taking weakness into account. The midboss Pyro Demon has 694,366 HP. With a generous assumption that you'll be pairing up with a Water friend that has 1500 ATK, that gives you a team Water ATK of 5906. Multiply by 2.25x for dual Lakshmis and 2x for weakness, and you have a base attack of 26,577. Using your Fenrir Knight's orb change, you'd need to match a lot of Water orbs with as big a chain combo as you can manage for a huge burst attack to stand a chance. That's assuming you don't want to spend stones to clear it. You could also get lucky and not get bound. A 6-turn Siren is good enough to keep the Hearts coming if you run out, which shouldn't be often in a Tricolor dungeon. In my run I only ran out of Hearts once in the 36 turns it took me to kill the boss.

ccbfan

Yah... don't have viper Orochi... one monster that I really need... I do have Red Empress Echidna but doesn't really go with the red team. What team are you guys using to beat the Dragon on Legend level?

I completed on another account (My main account I couldn't get a team able to complete this since I got a blue Noel instead)

Red Noel
Shiva
Enchilada
Enchilada
Fully Evolve Fire Golem.

Red Noel

40K+ hp. A ton of RCV.

Took forever but I was able to complete it.

The stage 5 double demons continued to be tough but with 2 delayers and a defender and no dear of bind. I was able to bust through. The rest of the fights where surprising easy, just took forever.

Enchiladas also saved my bacon a when the pink dragon thingies bind both of my noels.

Yah... don't have viper Orochi... one monster that I really need... I do have Red Empress Echidna but doesn't really go with the red team. What team are you guys using to beat the Dragon on Legend level?
You'd have a better chance subbing-in your Echidna for Neptune. You want her for her skill and RCV, not her ATK anyway. But even then, she could still put a dent into Alraune with the weakness matchup.

I used a high-powered Isis team to beat Legend difficulty. With no HP or RCV multipliers, you need a high level team to beat it going that route. I had over 19K HP without any HP multipliers. And I didn't have to worry about getting bound because I killed both midboss Demons and Alraune in 1 turn each.

atlantos

Neo Member
I completed on another account (My main account I couldn't get a team able to complete this since I got a blue Noel instead)

Red Noel
Shiva
Enchilada
Enchilada
Fully Evolve Fire Golem.

Red Noel

40K+ hp. A ton of RCV.

Took forever but I was able to complete it.

The stage 5 double demons continued to be tough but with 2 delayers and a defender and no dear of bind. I was able to bust through. The rest of the fights where surprising easy, just took forever.

Enchiladas also saved my bacon a when the pink dragon thingies bind both of my noels.

Yah... That approach will take a long time.. Just not enough attack... I will run out of patience lol.. I need attack multipliers :D Oh well... I just have to wait for the next time this thing roll around... amount of grinding involved in this game is ridiculous... but I sill love the game.

SaintR

Unbelievably bad luck today. I had one dark keeper drop for me after repeated runs......I needed 3 to final evolve my Lilith and dark golem mk. I should have just waited to get two and count my blessings had I known this and evolved dark golem instead of my Lilith....

razterik

For Ancient Fire Dragon on Legend, I took my green team, but I wanted it to go faster, so I dropped my weakest member for my Awoken Hera. She doesn't contribute any damage matching orbs, but her gravity made a big difference when burning down the water demon in one turn. She also took off around 5 million of the dragon's HP herself. A Zeus would also work if he is leveled enough, and would combo well with the boss's tendency to turn orbs to light.

I had a pretty good Tuesday dungeon run. Went in 6 times to rainbow and once into blue, and I needed 4 I needed 5 dark keepers , as many rainbows as would drop and that 1 blue for Neptune.

I ended up with four dark keepers, three more rainbows and that blue. Not to bad, but I got lucky with a rank up

So I awoke my Hera, and now I get to grind for mythlits. I need a ton of them

Lumiere

Neo Member
I can't believe how much trouble I'm having with Mythlits! Spent the last two days running low tier tech dungeons and Polar Night Tower/Tower of Flare once I ran out of Pengdra box space, saw maybe 6 Mythlits? and none dropped :( Have a bunch of pets blocked from evolving due to lack of Mythlits since over a week ago... hope my luck changes soon.

Cerity

This is depressing, I've been running LFD - expert because I can and have had Tyran drop 4 times. Kept 1 as it'll probably useful when I go to put together a mono-red team, fed the rest for skill up, each and every one of them gave a skill up :(

Colby

It's possible, but like I already said and ccbfan reiterated you might have some trouble with getting bound by the Pyro Demons because you don't have much firepower even taking weakness into account. The midboss Pyro Demon has 694,366 HP. With a generous assumption that you'll be pairing up with a Water friend that has 1500 ATK, that gives you a team Water ATK of 5906. Multiply by 2.25x for dual Lakshmis and 2x for weakness, and you have a base attack of 26,577. Using your Fenrir Knight's orb change, you'd need to match a lot of Water orbs with as big a chain combo as you can manage for a huge burst attack to stand a chance. That's assuming you don't want to spend stones to clear it. You could also get lucky and not get bound. A 6-turn Siren is good enough to keep the Hearts coming if you run out, which shouldn't be often in a Tricolor dungeon. In my run I only ran out of Hearts once in the 36 turns it took me to kill the boss.

I've got a similar question. i run basically the same team, except I use a max level Siegfried the Blue Champion over his first monster, and I'd be using an Echidna over CAD. I also have a lvl 63 Abyss Neptune. Do you think I could kill the floor 5 Pyro Demon in three turns?

razterik

I've got a similar question. i run basically the same team, except I use a max level Siegfried the Blue Champion over his first monster, and I'd be using an Echidna over CAD. I also have a lvl 63 Abyss Neptune. Do you think I could kill the floor 5 Pyro Demon in three turns?

The problem will be stalling for time to charge Echidna. Normally it would be easy, but all the demons will lock down your team if you don't kill them first. You will have to be very exact with matching and damage to off specific enemies but leave others alive so you can stall. It might take a couple tries to get it right. Otherwise, I think 3 turns would be enough to take out the Demon, especially with a solid burst combo from Siren/Siegfried.

If you are running a Lakshmi team without the option for the norse/greek combo, I think pairing with a Hermes would be a better option than another Lakshmi. 3x versus 2.25x damage. I doubt you need the higher RCV boost, since blue is naturally RCV heavy and you have the option of a Siren for extra hearts when needed.

razterik

This is depressing, I've been running LFD - expert because I can and have had Tyran drop 4 times. Kept 1 as it'll probably useful when I go to put together a mono-red team, fed the rest for skill up, each and every one of them gave a skill up :(

Tyran's skill changes from 3x to 20x when he evolves to Tyrannos, so any skill ups prior to that are wasted. They don't carry over.

I'd say reroll. Now that you know the game you should be able to get through the early dungeons very easily. A lot of people here (myself included) would recommend that you reroll until you get a good god (see the original post to know which), especially if you don't plan on paying. When I was rerolling, I would do two or three pulls before deciding whether to keep going or not. This shouldn't take longer than a couple hours.

when you mean 2-3 pulls, do you mean getting enough stones for 2-3 rares? (Still a total noob). I gotten hooked on this and am playing simultaneously on my ipad and galaxy nexus.

On my Nexus I'm Rank 17 with Angel, Plesios, Vampire, Harpie Devil, Sharda, Lil' Blue Dragon and Flame Golem as my rarest monsters. On the iPad I'm Rank 25 with Vampire Lord, Tyrannos, Super King Gold Dragon , Green Dragon, Pyro Devil, and Drall as my rarest.

Are either of these two accounts worth spending more time on or should I just reroll for those monsters listed in the OP?

If you have a max level Siegfried and Lvl.63 Neptune, I'm assuming your other monsters are relatively high-leveled? If so, you could definitely kill the mid boss Pyro Demon in 3 turns and in fact could possibly 1-shot it. Siren, Siegfried, and Fenrir Knight's skills gives you the ability to turn the entire board to Water orbs. Though, that wouldn't necessarily yield the most damage, unless the replacement orbs triggered additional combos. But 3 orb changers gives you a lot more options for extra burst damage or healing. I definitely wouldn't bother inserting Neptune unless your other monsters are woefully underleveled. Lakshmi/Siegfried/Siren/Fenrir/Echidna looks like a great team for this dungeon.

razterik

The Vampires aren't terrible early pulls, but you can pick them up later for free. I would reroll.

And yes, you should probably play through the first few dungeons to pick up 1 or 2 more pulls before deciding on an account if you aren't planning to spend money. If you roll something decent the first time, those beginning dungeons will go by pretty fast. Your general aim is to pull another monster that has good synergy with your first pull. I know it seems like a hassle, but it will really benefit you later on. If you have questions about any particular pulls, you can ask around here. If I get time tomorrow, I might try and put together something like a secondary pull list to cover this.

OTIX

The Vampires aren't terrible early pulls, but you can pick them up later for free. I would reroll.

And yes, you should probably play through the first few dungeons to pick up 1 or 2 more pulls before deciding on an account if you aren't planning to spend money. If you roll something decent the first time, those beginning dungeons will go by pretty fast. Your general aim is to pull another monster that has good synergy with your first pull. I know it seems like a hassle, but it will really benefit you later on. If you have questions about any particular pulls, you can ask around here. If I get time tomorrow, I might try and put together something like a secondary pull list to cover this.
Getting a good first pull is hard enough, getting two good pulls with synergy means you're gonna be rerolling til the end of time. :p

The synergy would really only matter at the start when you have only one team, in the long run having more team options is a good thing.

razterik

Yeah, I guess it is a little silly now that I think on it. I am so deep in now that I forget what the early game is like. I suppose the best you should hope for is two good pulls from from the OP list. Even that might be too much rerolling for many.

KuroNeeko

when you mean 2-3 pulls, do you mean getting enough stones for 2-3 rares? (Still a total noob). I gotten hooked on this and am playing simultaneously on my ipad and galaxy nexus.

On my Nexus I'm Rank 17 with Angel, Plesios, Vampire, Harpie Devil, Sharda, Lil' Blue Dragon and Flame Golem as my rarest monsters. On the iPad I'm Rank 25 with Vampire Lord, Tyrannos, Super King Gold Dragon , Green Dragon, Pyro Devil, and Drall as my rarest.

Are either of these two accounts worth spending more time on or should I just reroll for those monsters listed in the OP?

I'd probably reroll if I were you. If you're planning on playing the game for awhile, then it helps to have a good, strong unit that can form the foundation for a powerful team. In general, you'll be looking for a God / Goddess that offers bonuses to like-colored or specific type of unit.

Vampire IS a solid card and most of the members of a dark team are fairly easy to assemble (meaning that you can get almost all of the units without spending any money.) The problem is that, while rare, he does drop from the free card machine. What you want is something that you can only get via the rare machine - something good.

I had to start over once when I sent my phone in for repairs. The first time I played, my first pull was a Genie - a pretty mediocre unit that I almost never used. My second pull was a green golem. Both are pretty bad, but I was still able to advance past the Castle of Satan and was slowly amassing a decent collection.

When I started over, I pulled Chiyome and my second pull was a Highlander. They have great synergy and she's been great to me - the only problem being that no one else uses her. :/

Long story short, if you're having fun, you don't really need to reroll. You'll hit the wall sooner than later and then progress will slow to a crawl. Pretty much everyone but the heavy spenders hit that wall at some point though.

If you're not attached to your units, take a look at the wiki and get an idea of what kind of monsters you like. Maybe make a list of potential candidates. Then if one drops, you'll be good to go.

Popular candidates are cards like Valkyrie, Isis, Green Odin, Parvarti, Ookami Ameterasu, some of the newer Roman gods, Shiva, and Orochi. These units are popular usually because they're either highly in demand, or keystones to entire team set-ups.

Good luck!

TimeKillr

So 7th run of Master Ancient Fire Dragon... No drop :(

I used an all-green team with 2x parvati for it, and it worked well, zero danger (except it took forever to kill it).

I like that dungeon, and I wish I could run it safely with a 2x Isis setup, but whenever I do that, I end up losing a stone or two on the chimeras. :(

MicH

Both Hera evolved! Susano evolved :D

Getting those 4 Dark Divine Masks for the Heras were tough. I kept getting light or Mystic (I really shouldn't complain :p) - or nothing at all. However, I must say, that I get at least 3-4 drops without the 1.5x drop. So that's nice!

I love wednesday and Fridays, It makes my Shiva x2 red team awesome...

oh and Shiva will be up most of the day (except for during sapphire dragon dungeon time (if I can run it)

J0dy77

I'm officially starting the "I <3 Horus/Isis" fan club. Spent all day yesterday clearing dungeons without a wipe until I ran out of Isis friends. Cleared 3 tech and 1 Normal dungeon. Working through Talos' Abyss to unlock Iris' Rainbow and some dubs. The only disapointing part of yesterday was the lack of Pengdras, seems like they are a lot more rare then the lower levels.

Wow this really sucks. I really need jewel dragons but I also need several masks for some evolves. I might just have to put off metals until the weekend. I hope the next one isn't Friday.

PS I am really missing 2x drop. I need dark and mystic and on my first two runs, nothing dropped in the last round.

Kosh

6th time running LFD on master, no drop. Is there a "fuck you" option I have enabled or something that denies drops? Fucking ridiculous.

It's supposedly a ~40% drop, so you're just having bad luck. Your best bet is to just wait until its 2x drop, probably this weekend.

SaberVulcan

PS I am really missing 2x drop. I need dark and mystic and on my first two runs, nothing dropped in the last round.

Me too, I didnt get any drops the first 3 of my Mask run this morning, had me worried. Got stuff to drop the last 2 levels, but no Mystic Masks of course.

Also in same boat as you: I have 3 monsters very close to evolving who need either Red or Blue dragons.. and at the same time need Mystic Masks. I think I will dump all of my stamina on the Blue spawn today and just level up/Evolve Hermes with the 1 Mystic I have in stock.

ParityBit

I guess the jewel dungeon is today? I think I will spend all my stamina in there today. I had a good day with keepers yesterday. Probably have too many at this point, but that's OK. I felt like I accomplished something.

Alright, my fire team is REALLY lacking some punch. Here is what I'm working with now. Aside from acquiring new members...where should I dump xp?

• Shiva the Destroyer 53
  • Red Skydragon El Dorado 15
  • Ancient Fire Dragon Ardbeq 18
  • Firedragon Tyrannos 56
  • Echidna the Red Empress 37
  • Meteor Volcano Dragon 28
  • Phoenix Knight 56
  • Shaitan 25
  • Titan 25
  • Flamedragon Muspelheim 10

My levels just weak? I actually have been using the ancient firedragon a lot. dat 9CD nuke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom