• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back and read the first few pages for kicks. Out of curiosity (and maybe to fish for quotes for the new thread), what do y'all think about tier whoring the initial roll for that list of starter gods now? There was a lot of resistance against rerolling back when the thread began.
I'm still a proponent of rerolling at the beginning. It's the only time that a player can roll unlimited times for free until they get something good. That can mean hundreds of saved dollars than if they decided to roll for a specific monster later in the game. In addition to actual money, it can also save a player a lot of time and stamina if they get a monster that allows them to clear dungeons with a higher percentage of success. And in the case of evolved monsters that may also come at higher levels, it can save a player the time, materials, and hundreds of thousands of exp that it would've taken to raise a monster to that level and form.

I definitely have no disagreement that Archangel Lucifer is, hands down, the best monster to pull first, but I would say Neptune is almost as powerful in the early game.

I started with Siren the Enchanter and got those two around the same time, turning the game into easy mode, but before I had either one, things were quite difficult. Hera Descended was ridiculously hard for me, as was also Oceanus Falls, because I had to chip away at Neptune with Lilith, which took freaking forever.

massoluk

Banned
BuVTqCV.jpg

Rerolling? Pfft. I stuck with it. Look at the shitty monsters I have to work with when I started. Show me yours :p

Are any of the dragons from these special dungeons any good/worth leveling?
The Sky Dragon has the highest ATK of the Dragons, but other than that it's pretty shitty. I've never bothered leveling any of them. But I think Cosmo said they're supposed to get an ultimate evo, so I don't know if they'll finally be worth keeping or just be a little less shitty. Stats-wise, the Mechanical and War Dragons are the best. But you're not likely to use any of them as leaders, nor would their active skills get much use. They're just useful sub members for their stats and Dragon type. Although their stats are as good as the Mechanical and War Dragons, the Ancient(Whiskey) Dragons might be the most useful overall special dungeon Dragons, due to their active skills being able to go all the way down to only 4 turns. I only bothered max skilling 2 of each Dark and Light Ancient Dragons, but now I'm regretting not doing the same for the other 3 colors. I'll do it next time they come around. I don't care for the Legendary Dragons; for resist monsters, I prefer the Greek Gods and even the Toy Dragons over them. But they're the best resist monsters outside of the REM(rare egg machine).

OTIX

What team are you using? I just finished starlight sanctuary so I'll be attempting this one soon.
Double Horus with Echidna, Siegfried, Chu Chu, Zeus.

As for starters mine was a Fafnir, second pull Mandrake. Once I realised how bad they were I very much regretted not rerolling but it felt like it was a little late at that point. Rerolling is obviously very valuable, especially for free players, and especially now that overpowered Lucifer is in the game. On the other hand I'm not sure how much fun it would be to start the game with the most powerful leader there is, could get a little boring using the same slow defensive team for every hard dungeon. Preparing different teams for the various descended dungeons is probably my favourite part of the game.

J0dy77

Is there any reason to ultimate evolve toydragons? They get a little stat boost but there is also an increased chance to get bound. Quite risky if you are running a resist team

I'm going to hold off evolving the toy dragons. The damage boost would be nice, additional stats plus a second color really helps in that department but I dont see a use for them in any team right now. These guys are used for the leader skill and that's not changing. Plus I'm running really low on Dub Myths.

As for starters mine was a Fafnir, second pull Mandrake. Once I realised how bad they were I very much regretted not rerolling but it felt like it was a little late at that point. Rerolling is obviously very valuable, especially for free players, and especially now that overpowered Lucifer is in the game. On the other hand I'm not sure how much fun it would be to start the game with the most powerful leader there is, could get a little boring using the same slow defensive team for every hard dungeon. Preparing different teams for the various descended dungeons is probably my favourite part of the game.

My first roll was a Ceres that I only used briefly somewhere in the middle of the game. It's possible to clear all content with farmed mobs if you really wanted to. If you can deal with the tedium of rerolling go for it. I just can't reroll over and over and over, so boring and it definitely doesn't mean you're going to be any worse off.

mercviper

Hmm, I'll be trying this sometime later. I'll be willing to drop some stones if it is a guaranteed drop.

Not guaranteed.

Edit: 6/21 for MFK drops so far. 6/19 if you're only counting expert runs. Not completely terrible but I wish they were guaranteed when they show up randomly. Only 3 of those came from the final round and the other 3 came from what was probably 9-10 appearances in the earlier rounds.

Well I can run this team. Would a Valkyrie with maxed skill be a better option than Zeus? My Zeus is max level but without an +eggs. It may be worth sacrificing some HP and ATK for a couple light orb changes during the boss fight.

Who is the preferred mono-blue leader - Fortune Deity Lakshmi or The Twin Archers?
I run Hermes and honestly I'm fine using either as a friend. That said I generally prefer the 2/4/2 team, especially because I&I's skill is actually useful.

Thanks for the replies guys. I just evolved I&I to the ultimate evo so they are a bit under leveled but once I get some xp to pump into them I will make the switch.

Current team: FDLakshmi (L); Abyss Neptune; Fenrir Knight Kamui; Emp Siegfried; CAD

Proposed team: Twin Archers (L); Abyss Neptune; Kamui; Sieg; Awoken Hera-Is

Of course, that leaves out Lakshmi and I have a max skill Siren. Anything I should change?

OTIX

Hmm, I'll be trying this sometime later. I'll be willing to drop some stones if it is a guaranteed drop.
The boss has two adds, if none of those drop an egg then the boss is a guaranteed drop. So the plan is to get to the boss and kill the adds using 0 stones and then quit if they drop or else start spending stones to kill the boss.

Well I can run this team. Would a Valkyrie with maxed skill be a better option than Zeus? My Zeus is max level but without an +eggs. It may be worth sacrificing some HP and ATK for a couple light orb changes during the boss fight.
Valks ability is great and you probably won't be able to safely charge Zeus. However ATK is very important, my Zeus has over 1600 which means he can break a dark enemy using only a 3 match and 5 combo, my Valk would require a bigger match/combo.

My first roll was a Ceres that I only used briefly somewhere in the middle of the game. It's possible to clear all content with farmed mobs if you really wanted to. If you can deal with the tedium of rerolling go for it. I just can't reroll over and over and over, so boring and it definitely doesn't mean you're going to be any worse off.
It's possible, yes, but really, really hard without Neptune or Shiva. The problem is Neptune in Oceanus Falls. You could always farm yourself a Hera and Ultra Gravity him to death (which also takes forever), but the problem is that you'll still have to deal with a Neptune in Hera Descended.

My suggestion is that, if you were to only have one REM monster, it should be Neptune. Hydra's Poison is just way too useful, and it becomes apparent if you don't have it (it was NOT fun, hitting Neptune for 1 over and over, with Lilith's poison only hitting for like 300).

Wanchan

It's possible, yes, but really, really hard without Neptune or Shiva. The problem is Neptune in Oceanus Falls. You could always farm yourself a Hera and Ultra Gravity him to death (which also takes forever), but the problem is that you'll still have to deal with a Neptune in Hera Descended.

it's not really hard to bring a MKII/MKIII golem just for Neptune. I have Neptune and i'll rather use one of those golems cause the poison activation is really long and it takes a few turns after the activation to take Neptune down, while with the -75% armor from the MKII/MKIII, you can kill him in 1 or 2 turn with a 4/1/4 team, no need Shiva either.

J0dy77

My suggestion is that, if you were to only have one REM monster, it should be Neptune. Hydra's Poison is just way too useful, and it becomes apparent if you don't have it (it was NOT fun, hitting Neptune for 1 over and over, with Lilith's poison only hitting for like 300).

Not to get into a big debate but a Mono green team with a starter dragon leader, ADK, best green monsters and a yellow or purple Mech and Artemis friend would breeze through Ocean of Heaven. I was ecstatic when I got my Neptune but never really use him, the poison just takes way too long on the later dungeons. I like the purple/yellow mechs more for the teams I run (I don't have Shiva).

The point I was trying to make is that rerolling is definitely worthwhile and having a great starter is a big advantage, if you can deal with the tedium. With the hundreds of stones you are going to see over a 6 month period you are going to get a decent roll sooner or later, as long as your smart and only roll during God Events. I personally couldn't take rerolling more than a couple times, to each their own.

Edit: lol... Wanchan beat me to it. Great minds think alike.

SaintR

Need advice guys. Have a bunch of dark power up materials, so would like to know where do you guys think I should focus my resources.

vjOLaIR.jpg

This thread has been excellent resource throughout my time playing this game. So just want to say thanks again.

Need advice guys. Have a bunch of dark power up materials, so would like to know where do you guys think I should focus my resources.

vjOLaIR.jpg

This thread has been excellent resource throughout my time playing this game. So just want to say thanks again.

I would say max out the SoDLuci, then Duke Vamp.

SaintR

it's not really hard to bring a MKII/MKIII golem just for Neptune. I have Neptune and i'll rather use one of those golems cause the poison activation is really long and it takes a few turns after the activation to take Neptune down, while with the -75% armor from the MKII/MKIII, you can kill him in 1 or 2 turn with a 4/1/4 team, no need Shiva either.

I also bring a dark golem when farming ocean of heaven during the weekends. If you have ADK/ADK leads you will almost instant kill him with 2-green combos. But I believe Neptune is essential for some descended dungeons, as I've yet to clear dark Hera, but that might be do to time constraints.

Edit: thanks tonner on the advice. He will be my first max.

lenni

So, we finally get 2Heroes again on Thursday and I NEED to beat it.

I'm thinking:

Leader: Green Noel
Awoken Odin
ADK
Green Ripper
Amaterasu Ohkami
Friend: Artemis

Which would be around 43k HP and 3,4k RCV. Even though only Odin and Graviton would actually be able to damage Highlander (aside from really good combos), this should be able to do 0 stone, right? Only real alternative I have would be Machine Golem Mk3 for Amaterasu, but that would drop my RCV quite a lot. :/

edit: Maybe Awoken Hera would also be nice. Still have to think about this.

ccbfan

I'm thinking:

Awoken Odin
ADK
Green Ripper
Amaterasu Ohkami

Which would be around 43k HP and 3,4k RCV. Even though only Odin and Graviton would actually be able to damage Highlander (aside from really good combos), this should be able to do 0 stone, right? Only real alternative I have would be Machine Golem Mk3 for Amaterasu, but that would drop my RCV quite a lot. :/

The bigger concern IMO are the Vamp Lords.

3.4K RCV might not be enough healing especially since you don't have a heal orb creator/Delayer/Defender.

I would go all defense and Do

Awoken Odin
ADK
Green Ripper
Amaterasu Ohkami (If you got another decent Green like Green Ancient Dragon, Replace Her)
Friend: AA Michael/Green Noel

Would take a long time but you're completely safe.

lenni

Yeah, that might be best for the first try, I guess.
I think I'll even switch Amaterasu for Siren. The hit in HP and ATK isn't too noticeable anyway and the 5 turn fire to heart would be much more useful.

edit: I've got another low ADK (level 17) and an Echidna. But I'll definitely try Siren the first time and grind it through to get a feel for it.

ccbfan

Yeah, that might be best for the first try, I guess.
I think I'll even switch Amaterasu for Siren. The hit in HP and ATK isn't too noticeable anyway and the 5 turn fire to heart would be much more useful.

Definitely a good idea. 5 turn Siren is awesome for this fight. Try to replace the ADK for a better nuker or stats monster too since he's pretty much useless without a damage multiplier.

lenni

Definitely a good idea. 5 turn Siren is awesome for this fight. Try to replace the ADK for a better nuker or stats monster too since he's pretty much useless without a damage multiplier.

I don't have any other good green monsters, though. Next best thing would be a green/red ogre lol
I don't care so much for the time I'll spend, most important is not spending any stones.

I'm thinking:

Awoken Odin
ADK
Green Ripper
Amaterasu Ohkami

That RCV is after multipliers? The good thing with Amaterasu is that if you get in huge trouble with your heals you can always just let your health drop big time and then pop her skill to heal back up. Could you possibly sub something with higher RCV in place of the ripper?

I'm considering this silly team:
Team Leaders Belial and SOD Luci
Awoken Hera
B / W Hades
G / B Ceres
Last spot toss up between Big Baddie, Echidna, and Lilith (who is a devil and will benefit from leader skill)

It looks silly, but I think it should do the trick. The key is that I need to stall sometime before floor 4, and during floor 4 prior to the heroes. On each of floor 4 and 5, I pop both gravities and SOD lucifer to kill one of the vamps / heroes, then the other(s) become easy to handle after one has been eliminated. The vamps could be difficult, which is where Big Baddie or Echidna come in -- either burst one down or time stop and nuke one.

Pretty jank team, but it should be fast and fun. :)

Edit: So I could also switch Belial with G/B Ceres, giving me resist with Lucifer as leader. The only reason that I don't like this option is that it leaves me open to death on floors 1 & 3 by the devils / knights. It is a safer strategy for the vamps, though.

lenni

That RCV is after multipliers? The good thing with Amaterasu is that if you get in huge trouble with your heals you can always just let your health drop big time and then pop her skill to heal back up. Could you possibly sub something with higher RCV in place of the ripper?

Yup, RCV would be after multipliers. As I said, I don't have any other good green monsters.
Otherwise I could try a dark burst team, but I'd rather play it safe.

I guess I'll try Noel / Odin / ADK / Ripper / Siren / Michael.
I'd need a high level Michael friend, though, so anyone got one he or she could lend me?

linsivvi

Hmm I wonder if this will work for Two Heroes:

Leader: Fortoytops
Siren
Water Mech Warrior Midgard
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Friend: Abyss Neptune

Siren
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
This or a variation is the main poverty team for 2heroes. I forgot if Echidna was a part of the team or not but the general strategy is the same.

Probably gonna run a similar variation if #TeamHorus ends up still being mediocre for me.

Siren
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
This team should work, no problem. I've never used Echidna, ever, and something similar to this got me through 2 Heroes without a hitch.

SaintR

This or a variation is the main poverty team for 2heroes. I forgot if Echidna was a part of the team or not but the general strategy is the same.

Probably gonna run a similar variation if #TeamHorus ends up still being mediocre for me.
Has anyone done a Horus team 0 stone run on 2 heroes. My concern would obviously be not dealing enough dmg to kill the vamps. I finally have a grav char in Hera-Is so I'm not concerned with the bosses.

mercviper

I would have 0-stoned 2heroes1egg with Horus last time if I had more levels into my team and didnt choke against the Vamp Lords. It's definitely doable.

You're a terrible person.

I'm pretty sure I 0-stoned 2 heroes with my mono red team. The dungeon isn't that bad if you have the firepower to take out one of the 2 heroes quickly.

Edit: Found my thoughts on the last time I did 2 heroes. Since I did it with mono-red I'm pretty sure any mono-color team is probably okay. 2/4/2 set-up if you're high enough level, else 4/1/4 should do it, just take a while. I don't have a Shiva, but Cu Chu's armor isn't really that hard to break if you have multipliers. If you're going 4/1/4 bring poison or an armor break though.

Ran 2 heros 4 times so far.

First time ran with ares/tyrranos leaders and killed the vampires too fast so I didn't have cooldowns ready when facing the final stage and didn't have enough gas to take out highlander and ate too much damage from him early.

Second time I tried with noel+shiva leaders and ended up spending 2 stones to finish because I ran out of hearts during vamp and final stage.

3rd I died round 1 because only 2 fire orbs spawned and I paired my heal orbs in my first action without thinking, leaving me with none for the second action.

4th time I ran ares/tyrranos again and kept 1 vamp alive to charge skills, allowing me to 0 stone clear it.

Both drops were highlanders though, so I still need to run it if I want berserk.

Edit: 5th run, zero stones, berserk dropped. whoo! exp/stamina gains for this dungeon suck though so I think running poring tower to skill them up would be best.

Is Two heroes farmable with a good enough mono green team? Mine is around 32k HP and 4.5k RCV. I don't have a Susano though. The team would be:

Freyja/Artemis leaders
Parvati
Gr. Odin
ADK (max skill)
Chu Chu

I don't even know if its worth farming since I'd only be getting 1 drop per 50 stamina, and Poring Tower is much better than that.

There he is, finally got him on the fourth attempt. One stone spent and one gained, no stam refills either. Couldn't have gone much better really.
Nice! Welcome to the club!

Is Two heroes farmable with a good enough mono green team? Mine is around 32k HP and 4.5k RCV. I don't have a Susano though. The team would be:

Freyja/Artemis leaders
Parvati
Gr. Odin
ADK (max skill)
Chu Chu

I don't even know if its worth farming since I'd only be getting 1 drop per 50 stamina, and Poring Tower is much better than that.
Yes, it should be doable with that team, but only to get 1 or 2 each of Cu Chu and Siegfried. Like you said, Tower of Poring is better for skill-up mobs, but you gotta get the Heroes first of course.

SaintR

You're a terrible person.

I'm pretty sure I 0-stoned 2 heroes with my mono red team. The dungeon isn't that bad if you have the firepower to take out one of the 2 heroes quickly..

Mercviper what were ur levels for your mono-red team at the time if you can remember?

And Gratz Otix on the drop.

Edit: I tired before with mono-red and didn't make it but my team is much beefier than before

There he is, finally got him on the fourth attempt. One stone spent and one gained, no stam refills either. Couldn't have gone much better really.
Was it difficult to stall enough to charge echidna? I'm thinking of trying this tonight when I level up. Gonna go Horus/Horus, Echidna, CuChu, Seigfried, and either Zeus or Valkyrie. Still can't decide which will be more helpful.

Yes, it should be doable with that team, but only to get 1 or 2 each of Cu Chu and Siegfried. Like you said, Tower of Poring is better for skill-up mobs, but you gotta get the Heroes first of course.

Yeah I already have them both. So I may just not bother with it.

Unless you don't have the box space to store them, you should save skill-up mobs until a 2x skill-up event. We get them often enough nowadays, that it's worth holding onto them if you can.
She doesn't have the box space. I do, but I'm getting no drops (0/7 now).

Meanwhile, I just got a warning from the game admin about cheating. What I did was update my phone's ROM and restore my app data with Titanium Backup. Get with the times, please, GungHo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom