• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyu

Neo Member
Seems we will get mystic flame knights next week

From official FB

*Survey Says: We're in for a Heat Wave!"
[7/22 midnight - 8/4 11:59 PM PDT]

The next two weeks are gonna be HOT!

The Mystic Flame Knight will be up for grabs at the Sword of Flames Dungeon. If you don't have a legendary Phoenix Knight, it's time to get one!

If you already have the scarlet orb-changer in question, you may want to level his Skill. A 5-turn orb change is a handy thing indeed.

Yeah, I really haven't had a problem with pdx except for the times when nobody knew what the correct time was, so it wasn't like they could be any more reliable.
I've always wondered how people know when some dungeons will come up for each group. Seems like it would be impossible to find out for things like Super Kings, unless GungHo tells someone.

If you were talking about Horus' active skill, it's +6% fire damage per enhanced fire orb present in the combo. The game just rounds to the nearest tenth decimal place (which I think will change to hundredths in 5.4).
Thanks for this. Everything I found just says enhance which is not really all that helpful.

THOUGHTFUL EXPLANATION
Sorry Timekillr, I should have been more clear. I've been running a Horus team a lot lately and plan on using him on my Goemon team so I just wanted to be sure I fully understand the active skill.

From official FB

Awesome. This is something I have really been waiting for. I used a whole stamina bar on Castle of Satan and only caught one.

Nice that we'll be getting the MFK dungeon soon, but I guess I've been wasting time running COSITA for them this week. I got my Phoenix Homura up to skill level 3, but for the amount of runs it took, it would probably already be max skill if it was the Sword of Flame dungeon. I should've farmed for the Ice Knight instead.

Yaari

Hmm. I guess I'll get one just because I can, but I honestly don't remember the last time I even used that Phoenix Knight.

mercviper

Whoo! I was feeling bad because I didn't spare stamina to level up my flame knight. He's a staple on my fire team and may even stop getting subbed out over Chiyome if I can max his skill.

From official FB

The next two weeks are gonna be HOT!

The Mystic Flame Knight will be up for grabs at the Sword of Flames Dungeon. If you don't have a legendary Phoenix Knight, it's time to get one!

If you already have the scarlet orb-changer in question, you may want to level his Skill. A 5-turn orb change is a handy thing indeed.
Is this going to take the place of the next sky dragon/samurai dragon, etc? Hope not!

Question for upcoming Super King Emeralds: blow them all on ultimate Cu Chulainn (currently lv. 56) or Bastet (currently lv. 22, unevolved)? I'm going with Cu, unless there's a really compelling reason not to.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Question for upcoming Super King Emeralds: blow them all on ultimate Cu Chulainn (currently lv. 56) or Bastet (currently lv. 22, unevolved)? I'm going with Cu, unless there's a really compelling reason not to.

Cu for sure. He's on a lot of teams. Bastet doesn't seem as prominent.

Yaari

I guess it depends on what you use. I don't think much of Bastet anymore right now really, whereas Chu is a beast especially in his new form.

maks

So I'm fighting a Super King Emerald Dragon and doing only 1 damage per hit. I think I just wasted 50 stamina :(

My team: Earth Dragon Leader, Volcano Dragon, Holy Dragon, Chaos Dragon, Megalodran, Amaterasu Ohkami as friend.

At least i don't die lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm fighting a Super King Emerald Dragon and doing only 1 damage per hit. I think I just wasted 50 stamina :(

My team: Earth Dragon Leader, Volcano Dragon, Holy Dragon, Chaos Dragon, Megalodran, Amaterasu Ohkami as friend.

Haha that's a bummer. Always bring a Shiva/Neptune/Lilith.

See you next week.

In the middle of King of Gods. Decided to go a safe resolve route. I decided to bring Archdemon Lucifer to speed up Zeus but that made the HP a little bit of a squeeze. So I only have one nuke. The two dragons leading up to Zeus are taking forever now. Lilith is chipping away, but this is gonna take awhile.

Korea announceed 5.3 update (but not the exact date), which means we can't be too far behind. Who's ready for Chinese gods
Must.....resist....pulling.....

pix

I am looking for some dark leader friends, most of my friends list switched or do not play anymore. Preferably SoD Lucifer. My friends code is 353,755,205.

Also can anyone give suggestions on teams I can start to work on other than my dark team? Or should I stick to just dark. http://www.padherder.com/user/pix/

Limit

Is there a monster with a leader skill where any additional HP you gain after already fully healing your party up is then converted to hit points? Because if not, there needs to be one.

BlueSteel

Finally finished running super emerald descended. Enough exp to set up for ultimate evo chu chu, green guardian midgard, and astaroth.

I haven't really gotten a chance to boost my green teams, so this was a nice boost.

raiot

5 Emerald Supers, 8 Kings, What to Skill?
My Green subs:

G. Odin 39
Susano no Mikoto 48
Evil Ceres 75
Hunting Deity Artemis 65
Heroic Noble Wolf King Cu Chulain 53
Green Whiskey Dragon Max skill lvl 54
Ancient Dragon Knight 55

I am wondering if I should feed them to my Heavy Metal Dragon...

WillJustWill

Neo Member
Does anyone have a Shiva the Destroyer they could put up for me? I've been trying to beat Centre of the Earth in Vesta Cave with an un-evolved Shiva but not 1.5x HP is hurting too much :c

ID: 393 759 206

Yaari

Whoa nice. 5.3 for Korea means we're not far behind.

I was hoping to get my 200 days bonus before 5.3, but that might be difficult now. I'm 2 weeks off.

I should not even be pulling anymore but that Kirin..

@raiot, I just always look at what team I use the most, I doubt you use many of those you listed. I personally wouldn't mind that Zaerog getting up there though 8)

Tried to stall against a miniwhiskey on Caol-Ila. Bad idea. Kept stacking binds against my leader until she ended up with a 7-turn bind and died on the midboss.

Just tried out my new Goemon build on SS Zeus. Goemon/Gigas/Freyr/Horus/Echidna/Goemon. RCV is a must for stalling/charging. I was being extra careful, but it was surprisingly easy. The 10 battles gives you a couple extra turns of breathing room to charge. Once you have all your monsters charged, the final 3 boss battles are auto-wins. Echidna + Gigas makes Tiamat super easy. One activation of Goemon kills CDD. And Freyr + Horus + Goemon kills Zeus. I think I may finally be able to farm Zeus for exp and +eggs now.

Pirabear

Banned
Lucked out and got Parvati after 3 rerolls. Is it normal for gods to level up painfully slow? She was only level 4 and I needed 5 monsters to bump her up one level.

Just tried out my new Goemon build on SS Zeus. Goemon/Gigas/Freyr/Horus/Echidna/Goemon. RCV is a must for stalling/charging. I was being extra careful, but it was surprisingly easy. The 10 battles gives you a couple extra turns of breathing room to charge. Once you have all your monsters charged, the final 3 boss battles are auto-wins. Echidna + Gigas makes Tiamat super easy. One activation of Goemon kills CDD. And Freyr + Horus + Goemon kills Zeus. I think I may finally be able to farm Zeus for exp and +eggs now.
So do you recommend keeping Gigas unevolved to help with RCV? I don't have a Freyr but I can essentially run the same team with another max skill Gigas. If I evolved and leveled them both the team RCV would be very low.

So do you recommend keeping Gigas unevolved to help with RCV? I don't have a Freyr but I can essentially run the same team with another max skill Gigas. If I evolved and leveled them both the team RCV would be very low.
Actually, that might not be a bad idea. With only 1 Gigas though I still ad enough RCV to survive. And obviously it gives me a larger HP cushion. I don't have an unevolved Gigas to test play right now, but it sounds like it should work fine.

Yaari

I guess I should pursue a Goemon team like that then! I really want to get SS Zeus on farm status aswell, but it is so difficult. If stalling is the only way to do it then I guess I can do it sometime soon.

I have;

Goemon 56
Horus 93
Gigas 53
Freyr 52
Echidna 99

Although I need 28 turns to load up my own Goemon unfortunately, seems difficult to do I think?

I guess I should pursue a Goemon team like that then! I really want to get SS Zeus on farm status aswell, but it is so difficult. If stalling is the only way to do it then I guess I can do it sometime soon.

I have;

Goemon 56
Horus 93
Gigas 53
Freyr 52
Echidna 99

Although I need 28 turns to load up my own Goemon unfortunately, seems difficult to do I think?
My Goemon is still at 30 turn cooldown, and it wasn't an issue. Best way to find out if you can handle it is to try it out. I think team may be able to do it, but it still takes careful play to successfully charge and stall.

Yaari

Bleh gave it a try, and failed pretty badly. I guess I'm just not good at calculating it. I got 2 Ogres on the first floor on a 4 timer, took a hit which I probably shouldnt have, went into round 2 with 3 1-timers and died because I did not have enough health.

OTIX

It's not entirely auto-win, if you get an accidental heart match on the first two bosses you're gonna wipe unless you have 25k HP. Pretty low risk though if you're using Gigas or Goemon skill every round.

Lucked out and got Parvati after 3 rerolls. Is it normal for gods to level up painfully slow? She was only level 4 and I needed 5 monsters to bump her up one level.
Monsters from the early dungeons give almost no xp, just push through them asap to get to the better stuff. Gods only require slightly more xp compared to other useful monsters.

J0dy77

Whoa nice. 5.3 for Korea means we're not far behind.

I was hoping to get my 200 days bonus before 5.3, but that might be difficult now. I'm 2 weeks off.

I should not even be pulling anymore but that Kirin..

@raiot, I just always look at what team I use the most, I doubt you use many of those you listed. I personally wouldn't mind that Zaerog getting up there though 8)

I just got my 200 day login bonus today (10 free stones), sitting on 23 Pal rolls and 17 stones. The new chinese gods are the only thing I'll pull the REM for.

Amazing that it has been 200 days!

It's not entirely auto-win, if you get an accidental heart match on the first two bosses you're gonna wipe unless you have 25k HP. Pretty low risk though if you're using Gigas or Goemon skill every round.
Oh yeah. You're right. Didn't consider that possibility. I wonder if Zeus can still be one shot without one of Horus or Freyr. Maybe a Lucifer would be good to emergency reset your HP down to 1. Just thinking about possibilities...

Yesssss sky dragon of water and kraken!!!!
Congrats! I wouldn't mind having a Kraken but I don't wanna end up running Sky Dragon too many times for it to drop.

Yaari

Gave Zeus SS another try, made it to 8/10 with all skills charged, got a lovely surprise health combo and I'm done, lame :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom