• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn't have the box space. I do, but I'm getting no drops (0/7 now).

Meanwhile, I just got a warning from the game admin about cheating. What I did was update my phone's ROM and restore my app data with Titanium Backup. Get with the times, please, GungHo.
I think everyone got those messages prior to the update. In fact, I got 2 messages: 1 about cheating, and another telling me to backup my data in case I need to change devices. So, your backup shouldn't be a concern.

OTIX

Was it difficult to stall enough to charge echidna? I'm thinking of trying this tonight when I level up. Gonna go Horus/Horus, Echidna, CuChu, Seigfried, and either Zeus or Valkyrie. Still can't decide which will be more helpful.
My Echidna is max skill but I still barely charged her in time. However in this case it wouldn't have mattered if I used her before or after spending the stone, the priority should always be to safely get to the boss so you can check if he's gonna drop, don't take any risks to stall. As for Zeus or Valk I suggest you do the math on how big a match/combo you'd need to break an enemy with each one, see what the difference is. I think you may have trouble reliably breaking armour with Valk but it also depends on how strong your Zeus is.

Is there some type of scam stuff on this game? I've been playing for a while(62 days, as of my "consecutive log-in bonus" thing), and last week I got a message from some guy saying something like:

Guy: "Hey man my friend really needs to use your Keeper of Rainbow, would you be okay with adding him?"

Me: "Uh, yeah sure. Not sure what all you need?"

Guy: "Just go to ID search and find your ID then send it to me"

Me: "(ID code)

No response. Then today when I get on, I have two messages from the "Admin" saying stuff about scamming is against the TOS, I could get my account deleted if it continues, my code is for my device and my device only, and a bunch of other warning stuff.

Any ideas on what is going on?

Now I know just how far I've come...

Keeper of rainbows meet 9x valk team... And owned him in about 6 minutes first round to last...

Far cry from the hours it used to take with Odin + resist with Lilith poison being the only real damage.

mercviper

Mercviper what were ur levels for your mono-red team at the time if you can remember?

And Gratz Otix on the drop.

Edit: I tired before with mono-red and didn't make it but my team is much beefier than before

It would've been something around, max Grand firedragon tyrannos, level 40 echidna, level 50 chiyome, max gigas, lvl 50 homura. On the off-chance it was before I got Chiyome then it was a lvl 60 Ardbeg instead.

OTIX

Is there some type of scam stuff on this game? I've been playing for a while(62 days, as of my "consecutive log-in bonus" thing), and last week I got a message from some guy saying something like:

Guy: "Hey man my friend really needs to use your Keeper of Rainbow, would you be okay with adding him?"

Me: "Uh, yeah sure. Not sure what all you need?"

Guy: "Just go to ID search and find your ID then send it to me"

Me: "(ID code)

No response. Then today when I get on, I have two messages from the "Admin" saying stuff about scamming is against the TOS, I could get my account deleted if it continues, my code is for my device and my device only, and a bunch of other warning stuff.

Any ideas on what is going on?
I think everyone got those messages. Your 9 digit ID is fine to share with anyone. However there is also a secret code that you can find under Others->Support which can be used to recover your account if anything should happen. This should not be shared.

fnTCI7Wl.jpg

Holy shit this is a guaranteed drop right? I made it in 0 stones but echidna isn't charged yet. I might be able to do it in one stone if my matching is on point.

I think everyone got those messages. Your 9 digit ID is fine to share with anyone. However there is also a secret code that you can find under Others->Support which can be used to recover your account if anything should happen. This should not be shared.

Alright that makes me feel better.

Thanks.

shinjijai

is it possible to do a 0 stone run on two heroes with:

wd ares
shiva destroyer
homura
wd minvera
echidna
and hopefully with a freyr friend?

Colby

Does Hera-Is power itself up, since its main element is water? And would you guys recommend maxing out two Awoken Heras? I've got one maxed, but I'm torn between maxing out my Awoken Hera lvl 60 or Duke Vampire Lord lvl 56. A maxed Hera has amazing stats, but Vampire Lord is useful on more teams.

Does Hera-Is power itself up, since its main element is water? And would you guys recommend maxing out two Awoken Heras? I've got one maxed, but I'm torn between maxing out my Awoken Hera lvl 60 or Duke Vampire Lord lvl 56. A maxed Hera has amazing stats, but Vampire Lord is useful on more teams.
I don't think she does. However, she will once you evolve her to Awoken.

That's what I mean, her evolved form.
Yeah, she will. Similarly, any leader skills that affect colors will also affect monsters that have the necessary colors as sub-elements. So, for example, Seraphim Lucifer will double the HP and RCV of Abyss Neptune, Awoken Hera-Is, Noble Cu Chulainn, etc.

The downside, though, is that binds will affect sub-elements, too, so Flash Bind will affect Seraphim Lucifer and Arch Hades, and so on.

Jiraiza

I've been just running Oceanus Falls for the past few days and managed to get quite a few levels. Anxiously waiting for a God Festival so I can get better Light subs... oh the boredom.

Also liking the database site having all the events on the front page now.

raiot

So.... i reviewed my options with my stashed 2.5 million xp and came to the conclusion that a near maxxed red/black Kagetsuchi is a beast... Opinions?

Yaari

I gave Celestial Black Dragon a try and choked on the first Horus combo I had to make in stage 1. I am a horrible player, lol.

raiot

If you want to avoid spending stones on Celestial Dragon use those combo apps...
I can consistently make 5-6 combos per turn, but not 4c or 5c matches. And every time you fail to make a 4c or 5c match at celestial dragon it means you have to spent 1 stone...

Radav

I gave Celestial Black Dragon a try and choked on the first Horus combo I had to make in stage 1. I am a horrible player, lol.

I'm still trying to work my way through starlight sanctuary and it's proving to be rather frustrating. I'm having a lot of weird bad luck with getting the orbs I need to setup Ra or Horus's combo. Contemplating trying something slow like a Odin + Resist setup instead but, I hate having to grind away forever to take down the bosses.

I'm still trying to work my way through starlight sanctuary and it's proving to be rather frustrating. I'm having a lot of weird bad luck with getting the orbs I need to setup Ra or Horus's combo. Contemplating trying something slow like a Odin + Resist setup instead but, I hate having to grind away forever to take down the bosses.

I am in the same boat. It just takes forever to grind away boss HP in Starlight without a Ra (massively underleveled) or Horus (do not have) team.

I am in the same boat. It just takes forever to grind away boss HP in Starlight without a Ra (massively underleveled) or Horus (do not have) team.

As of lately, I've made it a point to boost my Ra up. With the newer tech dragon dungeons, he seems to be more useful than before. I'd dump light XP into him, unless you have something better to pump, like Zeus.

Yaari

If you want to avoid spending stones on Celestial Dragon use those combo apps...
I can consistently make 5-6 combos per turn, but not 4c or 5c matches. And every time you fail to make a 4c or 5c match at celestial dragon it means you have to spent 1 stone...

I just play like crap when I am under pressure, knowing that a single error means I'll die. I think Goemon teams are much better for me, lol.

So.... i reviewed my options with my stashed 2.5 million xp and came to the conclusion that a near maxxed red/black Kagetsuchi is a beast... Opinions?
I pulled during the last Japanese godfest hoping for Kagutsuchi specifically because of his dark form. That 2000 ATK is too much to resist.
I gave up on using Horus in those dungeons. I started out trying to but kept dying so I went with Odin + autoheal for most of them. Then I used an Orochi team for Zeus.

mercviper

I just play like crap when I am under pressure, knowing that a single error means I'll die. I think Goemon teams are much better for me, lol.

Isn't that kinda how a Goemon team works? lol.

You're on the edge to stay under that 20% range or that you can heal enough to take the next couple hits if you're stalling etc. I feel there's a lot more you have to keep track of with a Goemon.

Do I WANT to ultimate evolve my flare drall and drawn joker...

Just looked at the stat increase. It's only 50 HP and 130 RCV, which is applied to the stat curve of the monster. That means you only get the full stat benefit of the evo once the toy dragon hits max level, unlike other ultimate evos. Freyja for example, applies the stats immediately upon evo.

massoluk

Banned
Just looked at the stat increase. It's only 50 HP and 130 RCV, which is applied to the stat curve of the monster. That means you only get the full stat benefit of the evo once the toy dragon hits max level, unlike other ultimate evos. Freyja for example, applies the stats immediately upon evo.
What concerned me is the one good point of toy dragons is that they don't usually get locked in the relevant dungeons.

mercviper

What concerned me is the one good point of toy dragons is that they don't usually get locked in the relevant dungeons.

Well, I don't think I would evo them unless you really needed the RCV. The only point of ultimate evo is for the stat bonuses right? Toy dragons have shit ATK to begin with so an extra 30% is probably not the reason why you want to evo it. The other stats are very minor increases like I stated earlier. And if your toy dragon is like mine, it's probably not past level 50, meaning it only gets maybe half of those stat bonuses. That's 25 HP and 65 RCV. Not really worth it for it to be locked out in an additional color IMO.

ccbfan

Ahhh Gungtroll.

Only you, would make toy dragons(already a troll) worse after an ultimate evo. (You guys already did it with Vritra so I guess there's already a precedent.

What would have been awesome was if you they really buffed up the base RCV of the Toy Dragon something like 300 extra RCV. With the toy dragon active skills, we'd basically have Dragon healers. This would make Vritra finally useful with its 2xATK/2xRCV

mercviper

Ahhh Gungtroll.

Only you, would make toy dragons(already a troll) worse after an ultimate evo. (You guys already did it with Vritra so I guess there's already a precedent.

What would have been awesome was if you they really buffed up the base RCV of the Toy Dragon something like 300 extra RCV. With the toy dragon active skills, we'd basically have Dragon healers. This would make Vritra finally useful with its 2xATK/2xRCV

I can agree with this. The way the stats are now, my level lvl 66 Megalodran has 300 less RCV than my lvl 33 Siren does. That's twice the level and only half of the main stat. Then again, if they gave it too much RCV then Megalodran would completely replace Siren, since it's HP ends up roughly twice of Siren's.

Overall, I think if they took the 50 HP in the evo and put it into RCV instead, as well as giving the stat increase up front like other ultimate evos, it would be worth considering to be used as a healer sub for non-blue teams. But I still think if you plan to only use it as a leader for the resist it'd be better to leave it unevolved.

or....Don't waste the materials to ultimate evo them :D

I'm blanking on two heroes, I can't remember if I used my mono green or mono blue team, Green is def easier (for highlander...), but micheal isn't as high as gabe.

J0dy77

Why's everyone hiding their Horus today...?? Whip em out fellas I need to kill some shit :D

Mine is up now.

I don't have the patience for a Zombie time on Hera right now, tried a Ra team last night and got this far before Viper wore off. Was so close, board went bad on me twice during her fight. I went in with a lower damage Ra as well, might have gotten her with someone stronger.

RrNQlqal.jpg

or....Don't waste the materials to ultimate evo them :D

I'm blanking on two heroes, I can't remember if I used my mono green or mono blue team, Green is def easier (for highlander...), but micheal isn't as high as gabe.

I'll try and dump some levels in my fortoytops if anyone wants to use that strat for 2 heroes.

Man I'm having terrible luck collecting +eggs this week. The last few weeks I've been getting 6 or 7 per day, but this week I've only gotten like 6 total. Maybe I'll just give up on it for now and focus on picking up flame knights.

J0dy77

Man I'm having terrible luck collecting +eggs this week. The last few weeks I've been getting 6 or 7 per day, but this week I've only gotten like 6 total. Maybe I'll just give up on it for now and focus on picking up flame knights.

Same here, I took a break to get Crimson masks to evolve Titan. The early level mats have to be the hardest thing to get once you start getting higher level and titan needs 4 of them. Everything high level I have a ton of in my box already.

Musan

I found the more efficient way to farm early level mats is to do the appropriate mystic knight dungeon. They drop like flies for me.

So I've been thinking about the pros and cons of ultimate evolving the Toy Dragons.

Pros:
Boosted stats
Benefits from boosts to both elements
Can hit twice (useful against high defense/low HP enemies)
Better for multi-color teams, e.g., Chinese or Egyptian
Appease OCD players who must have the highest form of a monster

Cons:
Introduces a second color that can be potentially bound

It would seem like the pros outweigh the con, but some people really think that con is a deal breaker. So, I thought about the color combinations and how often that secondary may be a liability. I think the times it'll be a detriment are really rare.

Here's a look at each dual-colored Dragon:

Flare Drall - If using against a Wood boss, Fire is likely to get bound. If using against a Fire boss, Water is likely to get bound. So secondary green element is inconsequential.

Megalodran - If using against a Fire boss, Water is likely to get bound. If using against a Water boss, Wood is likely to get bound. So secondary red element is inconsequential.

Fortoytops - If using against a Water boss, Wood is likely to get bound. If using against a Wood boss, fire is likely to get bound. So secondary blue element is inconsequential.

Angelion - If using against a Wood boss, Fire is likely to get bound. If using against a Light boss, Dark is likely to get bound. So secondary green element is inconsequential.

Drawn Joker - If using against a Water boss, Wood is likely to get bound. If using against a Dark boss, Light is likely to get bound. So secondary blue element is inconsequential.

Sure there are still some cases where your secondary element will be bound (such as against enemies that can bind any color, like Mystic Masks and Mythlits), but those are relatively rare in the dungeons you would need to use the Toy Dragons for. And even then, it could be a good thing instead of a bad thing, since the secondary element can be used as a shield, drawing the bind to itself, instead of getting your whole party bound.

So, in short, I think the fears of having a secondary element that can be bound are overblown. And I think the pros are worth ultimate evolving the Toy Dragons. If it helps one to make the choice, you can also think about it as gaining an easy 40 or more +eggs.

Same here, I took a break to get Crimson masks to evolve Titan. The early level mats have to be the hardest thing to get once you start getting higher level and titan needs 4 of them. Everything high level I have a ton of in my box already.

How many attempts did it take you to get a Titan to drop? I've lost count at this point and I would like to get two.

Hellraider

Hope this hasn't been answered a gazilion times.

If I install the 5.3 version by the apk what happens to my save?Is there something I need to do before it?

Not a US account so I can't update the normal way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom