• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limit

Ugh. Made the mistake of evolving Hera - Is without first checking what the cost of evolved form was going to be. Now she is too costly for both my Ra and Lucifer teams.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I want to try Legend Dark Dragon, but I don't think my team is capable...Anyone got some decent teams to run that are relatively safe?

raiot

There is no safe team in the us version without daitengu. Your most realistic bet is a high level Horus/Ra, Ra/Ra or very high Horus/Horus team. But this dungeon is designed to rob your stones! If you don't have a Horus or Ra... Try my Zeus build. But all options need very good matching skills, or path and decision...

OTIX

There is no safe team in the us version without daitengu. Your most realistic bet is a high level Horus/Ra, Ra/Ra or very high Horus/Horus team. But this dungeon is designed to rob your stones! If you don't have a Horus or Ra... Try my Zeus build. But all options need very good matching skills, or path and decision...
I think he's talking about the samurai dragon. I ran drawn joker + light Hades. With Siren, Echidna and some nukers with good stats. Some trash waves can be hairy but the bosses are quite safe.

Edit: Speaking of Heavy Metal I've done three attempts so far, each time I got to the boss with 0 stones and Echidna charged so I could have taken him with 2 stones max. No drop yet though.

I want to try Legend Dark Dragon, but I don't think my team is capable...Anyone got some decent teams to run that are relatively safe?
If you are talking about the Dk. War Dragon you can run a resist team. I used Abyss Neptune and Arch Hades. Those extra resists really helped on the early floors. As for the subs I don't remember what I used but I think something along the lines of Zues, Odin, Hera, and Horus. Zeus and Hera for gravity, Odin for his nuke, Horus for stats. I may have used a Siren for more safety instead of Hera. But I think this team was pretty safe. I don't remember being in any danger. You can probably trade out any of the subs as long as your HP is high enough to survive the dragon's skill.
Edit: Speaking of Heavy Metal I've done three attempts so far, each time I got to the boss with 0 stones and Echidna charged so I could have taken him with 2 stones max. No drop yet though.
What team are you using? I just finished starlight sanctuary so I'll be attempting this one soon.

Interestingly enough the new mythical ore dragons don't appear in biweekly dungeons, but in a new dungeon beyond the conditionals where they appear as the boss of and have an insanely low drop rate.

Interesting enough the dungeons will drop LV10 unevolved Dark and Light Pengdras. Assuming you can survive the dungeon, that is... the bosses use pre-emptive Skill Guard for starters.

Limit

Just tried clearing Dark War Dragon - Legend with Ra and Horus friend. All my monsters in Ra team are still in level 30 range so I couldn't take out take out Dragon Nobunaga in 3 turns and ended up using one stone. Still, got one stone back by clearing up the whole dungeon so its all good. Now that I have Nobunaga I am having trouble deciding who is more boring of a monster; him or Viciousdragon Helheim. Both have equally uninspired regular and leader skills.

Yaari

Interestingly enough the new mythical ore dragons don't appear in biweekly dungeons, but in a new dungeon beyond the conditionals where they appear as the boss of and have an insanely low drop rate.

Are these dragons any good? I've not read anything about them yet.

I actually like the fact that they add content that is not behind annoying schedules, but just simply hard to get. Stops noone from trying to actually get one, yet not puts them on some annoying schedule.

ccbfan

The new dragon dungeons look pretty easy with 4/1/4 teams. Especially now that my 4/1/4 teams have Hera-IS.

From what I'm reading the drop rates are low but not insanely low. (like siren in neptune glacier).

OTIX

Just tried clearing Dark War Dragon - Legend with Ra and Horus friend. All my monsters in Ra team are still in level 30 range so I couldn't take out take out Dragon Nobunaga in 3 turns and ended up using one stone. Still, got one stone back by clearing up the whole dungeon so its all good. Now that I have Nobunaga I am having trouble deciding who is more boring of a monster; him or Viciousdragon Helheim. Both have equally uninspired regular and leader skills.
Nobunaga has godlike stats, literally. Whereas Helheim is useless.

Sword of Flames dungeon drop rate is incredibly low, 13 runs, no drop...now i see why this dungeon lasts an entire week...

good, now I can be pissed off the whole week instead of just for a day. Makes it easier to spread out the stamina though.

oh yeah, hurray 200 days bonus stones!

Kyu

Neo Member
Sword of Flames dungeon drop rate is incredibly low, 13 runs, no drop...now i see why this dungeon lasts an entire week...

I've had an increadible streak of luck with MFK drops. Almost 1 / run. Already collected 5. Probably not going to get anymore for the rest of the 2 weeks

Rumours of a server maintenance on the 24th. Groove Coaster and 5.3 incoming?
Don't think US is getting Groove Coaster, but 5.3 yes
aNTMzcO.jpg

Radav

good, now I can be pissed off the whole week instead of just for a day. Makes it easier to spread out the stamina though.

oh yeah, hurray 200 days bonus stones!

Yah, I just got my 200 days bonus this past Saturday. Got a good pile of stones ready for when they do a Chinese God Godfest. I wasted so much stamina Saturday and Sunday trying to finish legend on the Dark Samurai Dragon. Didn't end up getting it either. Tried Horus/Ra 4 times and failed on Saturday and swapped to a Double Resist setup and was still having issues. Guess I'll have to get him next time he shows up.

Wanchan

I've had an increadible streak of luck with MFK drops. Almost 1 / run. Already collected 5. Probably not going to get anymore for the rest of the 2 weeks

Are you running Expert? why do i always get the shittiest luck ever for those dungeons...

raiot

Oh god, i forgot to run the weekend dungeon, had to much to do and now i realize I have 3 Million XP worth in Pengdras and Kings sitting in my box and only 16.000 gold :(

Ran through Mystic Fire dungeon. went 0/1 for both the lower tiers and 2/5 for the expert tier. Those 2 are kind of deceptive as they both dropped in the fourth run.

I am saving each and every one of these until the next 2x skill up fest. Homura is already at timer 7, so he only needs two more, but I really do not want to just waste them...

Really hope we get a 2x drop as well...

I've cleared all three levels of the Flame Knight dungeon. Out of the three runs I had only 1 drop so far, and it was on the novice level on the 4th stage. I ran the dungeon with my mono-blue team but would a decent ADK team be able to take on expert?

I've cleared all three levels of the Flame Knight dungeon. Out of the three runs I had only 1 drop so far, and it was on the novice level on the 4th stage. I ran the dungeon with my mono-blue team but would a decent ADK team be able to take on expert?

probably fine. dungeon is crazy easy. I'm sure you could do ADK/Zeus or something like that as well. Mono-blue is crushing it right now.

Hey guys. I'm sure no one cares but I changed my PAD name. It is now AG@GAF. I just thought I would try to make it at least similar to my GAF name. Went to update the spreadsheet and found out I'm not even on there. So now I am and I have several open slots if anyone wants to add me.

Went back and read the first few pages for kicks. Out of curiosity (and maybe to fish for quotes for the new thread), what do y'all think about tier whoring the initial roll for that list of starter gods now? There was a lot of resistance against rerolling back when the thread began.

ccbfan

Went back and read the first few pages for kicks. Out of curiosity (and maybe to fish for quotes for the new thread), what do y'all think about tier whoring the initial roll for that list of starter gods now? There was a lot of resistance against rerolling back when the thread began.

For non-IAP, it's essential. Hell getting a Lucifer alone is worth probably $100+ of IAP purchases. Think about all the doors that opens with a Lucifer First roll? Easy Hera, Easy Heros, leading to easy Valk, to Easy Zeus. If I had to redo it, I would not start until I get Lucifer.

Speaking of that how would you guys tier the REM Gods?

My goes like this

1st tier - Archangel Lucifer - Pretty much turns the game into easy mode. Can be used to make a great teams from scratch. Seriously get this as a starting roll and you never use REM again.

2nd tier - Horus - best offensive God but unlike Lucifer which by itself can auto make great teams, Horus you still to to do a lot of work to make viable Horus teams.

3rd tier - Isis, Tri-color New GReek Gods, Neptune, Parvati, Shiva, Astaroth, Orochi - Frequently used hard to replace.

4th tier - Lakshmi,Dark and Light new Greek, Tri-color Norse, Hades, Rest of Archangels, Amu, Cat girl - Frequently used, but easily replaced. Just better version.

5th tier - Ceres, Venus, Sasuke, Indra, Demon Lucifer, Light and Dark Norse, Ra - Less useful than 3rd Tier and 4th Tier

6th Tier - Rest of Demons, Anubus, Hino, Minerva - Useful in Rare situations but not needed.

7th Tier - Vritra, Yomi - Crapiest of all crap.

daemissary

I'm literally saving every single free stone that I get until Lucifer is in a Godfest again and then rolling til I get him or run out.

I've played entirely on free stones so far and he's the only guy that I need to put my team over the top.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm literally saving every single free stone that I get until Lucifer is in a Godfest again and then rolling til I get him or run out.

I've played entirely on free stones so far and he's the only guy that I need to put my team over the top.

Lucifer, Neptune, Hades. Loki and Pers would be icing on the cake.

The new Chinese gods have a lot of people throwing their panties on stage, but I haven't spent enough time to know how good they are and who I want to roll during the upcoming godfest.

lenni

I'd also advise to always reroll in the beginning for SoD Lucifer, Horus or Ra.
I'd say those are the best leaders one could pull from the REM right now.

As I'm also non-IAP, I've saved quite some stones (originally reserved for Zeus) to try for Kirin in the next God fest.

My first roll was an Amaterasu, which I rerolled for and while she's not as useful now as, say, Neptune or Orochi, I still use her quite often. Which might have to do with me pulling very few Gods overall.
But through the addition of legendary difficulty for some of the descendeds I've been able to advance pretty far. I've got Goemon and Hera-Is, and the next time they'll come around I'll try for Valkyrie and Zeus. I think I'm doing pretty good for not paying anything.

massoluk

Banned
For non-IAP, it's essential. Hell getting a Lucifer alone is worth probably $100+ of IAP purchases. Think about all the doors that opens with a Lucifer First roll? Easy Hera, Easy Heros, leading to easy Valk, to Easy Zeus. If I had to redo it, I would not start until I get Lucifer.

Speaking of that how would you guys tier the REM Gods?

My goes like this

1st tier - Archangel Lucifer - Pretty much turns the game into easy mode. Can be used to make a great teams from scratch. Seriously get this as a starting roll and you never use REM again.

2nd tier - Horus - best offensive God but unlike Lucifer which by itself can auto make great teams, Horus you still to to do a lot of work to make viable Horus teams.

3rd tier - Isis, Tri-color New GReek Gods, Neptune, Parvati, Shiva, Astaroth, Orochi - Frequently used hard to replace.

4th tier - Lakshmi,Dark and Light new Greek, Tri-color Norse, Hades, Rest of Archangels, Amu, Cat girl - Frequently used, but easily replaced. Just better version.

5th tier - Ceres, Venus, Sasuke, Indra, Demon Lucifer, Light and Dark Norse, Ra - Less useful than 3rd Tier and 4th Tier

6th Tier - Rest of Demons, Anubus, Hino, Minerva - Useful in Rare situations but not needed.

7th Tier - Vritra, Yomi - Crapiest of all crap.

Heh, at level 150, and I don't have anything you listed in Tier 1-4.

xCobalt

I'd say its useful but not necessary. My first roll was a Ceres but over time, I managed to get a lot of good monsters by building/farming a good team and having a few lucky rolls here and there. I don't have any of the good rare monsters either. No Odin, Amaterasu, Neptune, Egyptian gods, Lucifer, etc. I think the best monster I got from the REM is Valkyrie. Regardless, I've been able to clear Hera, Two Heroes, Goemon, Hera-Is and all of the special dragon dungeons and not a dime has been spent.

The new Chinese gods have a lot of people throwing their panties on stage, but I haven't spent enough time to know how good they are and who I want to roll during the upcoming godfest.

These are the ones I want, too. Well, maybe just Neptune and Lucifer.

daemissary

I was lucky enough to pull Neptune in the Godfest last week and Hades about 2 months ago. My crew is still a little bit worse than a lot of the other people that haven't spent money though. I haven't cleared Zeus, Hera-Is, Two Heroes, or Valk. I have cleared reg Hera and most all of the rotating dragon dungeons though.

Pros of Sakuya:
- has a higher multiplier than Horus
- doesn't conflict colors with Echidna or Orochi
- has a 1000000x better active than Ra
- is an anime girl or something idk

Cons of Sakuya:
- has a lower multiplier than Ra
- you're going to be clearing dark and heart orbs to keep them from piling up on the board, and if you're doing that you might as well use Ra anyways
- you probably will need to fill up your party with Dk/Ht->* orb changers to account for te above, taking away valuable sub spots

As for the other ones... they're poverty Horuses I guess. Can't comment specifically on their ease of use cause I haven't really used any of them asides from Lehran cause her colors happen to be the ones that appear in Caol-Ila. Haku includes both Fr and Wt as activation colors so you can put both delayers on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom