• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So glad I kept mine as a trophy. Hopefully it doesn't take long for us to get the update.

I'm going to be trying to zero stone, but Satan is one of the few dungeons where it's worth throwing stones at, simply because it's guaranteed access to SOD Lucifer's ability.

Satan will sit REALLY well on any Goemon team with that -RCV. Heart cascade? NO PROBLEM.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh man. Definitely going to get as many goemon skill-ups as I can, but not sure if I'm ready for Satan descended.

I'd like to see some Goemon farm teams. I have 40+ various colored evolved pengdras thanks to plant day...I will poop them on any team necessary to farm Satan/Goemon.

Radav

Hahaha Satan finally. No hearts in here. Ok so am I reading this right? Does satan put up the status shield on his first turn or before it so you can't use Echidna to delay?

Kreed

Hahaha Satan finally. No hearts in here. Ok so am I reading this right? Does satan put up the status shield on his first turn or before it so you can't use Echidna to delay?

He uses a preemptive attack for 6005 damage, then he uses a shield his first turn, so you are free to use Echidna/delay.

Hmm, just realized the forthcoming Poison attack nerfs Lucifer teams. Since those teams are likely to stall through all enemy attacks, getting poison procced on you means you'll die if you attempt to Morningstar.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any pro strats for Satan?

Is it just Ra/Anubis Savant tier? Really not sure how to attack this dungeon.

I'm prepared to spend 5-10 stones on Satan if I can't come up with a strong 0-stone option. I know I would eat those stones in the REM otherwise, so why not spend them to get a monster I KNOW will drop and will sit real pretty on one of my favorite teams?

what subs you guys going to use for a Ra team? I'm thinking anything with a sub-light would be great.

Thinking :

Ra
Echilada
Water Gabe
Dios
D/L Hades

Horus

Going to pump Dios up pretty hard to get him as high as possible.

J0dy77

I'm prepared to spend 5-10 stones on Satan if I can't come up with a strong 0-stone option. I know I would eat those stones in the REM otherwise, so why not spend them to get a monster I KNOW will drop and will sit real pretty on one of my favorite teams?

Yeah I think I might try to brute force it with Horus/Ra or Horus/Kirin.

I was thinking the same as both Nicoga and Linsivvi. I'll burn stones if I have to and might just try to brute for with Horus/Kirin. There is just soooo much HP to burn through. It's basically double anything we've attempted before.

I'm tempted to try a Goemon run at it but if you fail with Goemon it is a complete wipe, no chance to keep moving forward. The other tough part is the shield, you get one delay on him. You can't stagger Viper/Echidna delays after a one stone wipe. Could get very expensive.

Here's the Kirin clear for anyone interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkiZFQD5XB8

Radav

what subs you guys going to use for a Ra team? I'm thinking anything with a sub-light would be great.

Thinking :

Ra
Echilada
Water Gabe
Dios
D/L Hades

Horus

Going to pump Dios up pretty hard to get him as high as possible.

Yeah that's probably your best bet. Get as much light damage as possible. I unfortunately don't have the ability to do what you can in terms of subs. No Hades, Dios or Water Gabriel so I'll be going with something completely different. It'll just end up being Ra, Enchi, Parvati, and whatever my highest damage subs are of water and dark paired with another Ra.

Sneaky bonus feature being added after server maintenance in JP: account migration between iOS/Android/Kindle Fire

Also I don't know why they still have yet to release an official US Kindle Fire version.

J0dy77

Sneaky bonus feature being added after server maintenance in JP: account migration between iOS/Android/Kindle Fire

Also I don't know why they still have yet to release an official US Kindle Fire version.

THANK YOU!!! This was a huge problem for me. I've debated jumping ship from iOS to android at some point. Not being able to transfer my account would have been a big problem.

OTIX

I feel like I have three options for Satan.

1) Horus+Kirin. I wish I had Kirin or Ra, 4x just isn't enough here but I should still have a decent shot with max skilled Verche and Echidna.

2) Zeus poverty team with Siren, Echidna, Verche, Hera-Is. This is a crazy team that just might work. The hard part is charging up on a Kraken using Siren and Echidna. Once you get past that the rest is pretty easy, triple gravity takes boss to 2m HP, Siren to heal damage and then four turns to kill.

3) Goemon team with Echidna, Horus, Homura, Jotunn. This team requires 21k HP and a max skilled Goemon helper so I'm not sure I'll be able to field it. The idea is to take two hits on the first wave to have just over 3k HP and then use Jotunn skill (he needs some skillups) to survive the preemptive attack. Alternatively you can use a heart producer to heal up just before the hit, then you only need 18k HP but heart producers tend to have low HP anyway. If you stall as long as possible on each wave you should have time to charge a 17 round Goemon.

I would love to start up a second account on my Fire but there's a glitch that detects your finger in the wrong place.

StMeph

Looks like now Toy Dragons are resistant to 3 elements each. Not bad.

lol at King Shynee getting +60 RCV. Yeah, THAT'S what we want. Kagutsuchi getting another +100 ATK for dat AOE sweep farming.

*Awakening FAQ*
Sounds good. This new Awakening system is literally a huge game changer. It may seem daunting, thinking about attempting to awaken a bunch of monsters, but I think it'll be less mentally draining and frustrating since awakenings are guaranteed. So, you don't have to cross your fingers hoping for an awakening, then getting your spirits crushed the way it happens with skill-ups.

Droidragon will be getting a busty and gaining the Shiva skill (but with a different name).
Figures, I already sold that piece of shit.

6.0 trip report:
- dragging the scroll bar to go through your box quickly is amazing holy shit
- new sound effects for skillups and awakenings ahhhh
- the UI touch ups they did to healing are cool I guess
- somebody on my friends list already has a twice Awakened Grace Valk...

By the way the element resist awakening gives monsters a whopping 2% resistance, while autoheal gives 500HP on match. All before stacking, of course.

this awokened thing is awhole lot to think about. Guess saving my Zeus' hoping to awaken them does work, right? Only works with maxed out monsters?
From what I've read, no. You can awaken a monster using a Lvl.1 monster of the same name.

What I'd like clarified is if something like a Grace Valkyrie can be awakened with a Princess Valkyrie, or do I need to busty evolve Princess to Grace first?

razterik

Scroll bar is best thing ever. Why did this take so long!?

The autoheal thing is really interesting. 2500 total if you stack your party and run Amaterasu/Odin. And the potential for a Valk team with 1500-2000 autoheal per round.

Looks like busty evo.
That would be unfortunate. If that's the case, it would have been better for everyone to not busty their Princess Valks until she was fully awakened. Then busty her and carry-over her awakening skills. If you need a Grace Valk to awaken another Grace Valk, then that just adds a bunch of additional rare evo mats to the the equation.

I'll attempt to awaken a busty Samurai Ogre (since I happen to have most of the materials on hand) with a regular one later today once 2x drop starts so I can clear my box.

Wanchan

Monster have to be of the same "book" number and same name, it's written here http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/130830_kakusei.html

※「同じモンスター」とは、それぞれの図鑑番号と名前が
 共に一致するものを指します。

linsivvi

That would be unfortunate. If that's the case, it would have been better for everyone to not busty their Princess Valks until she was fully awakened. Then busty her and carry-over her awakening skills. If you need a Grace Valk to awaken another Grace Valk, then that just adds a bunch of additional rare evo mats to the the equation.

But it takes 1.9M xp and 10 mats just to get Valkyrie to her 3rd form, and the reward is a mere 100hp the first time. I think it's pretty inefficient to use dupes for most monsters except the bi-weekly or the stone cave dragons.

But it takes 1.9M xp and 10 mats just to get Valkyrie to her 3rd form, and the reward is a mere 100hp the first time. I think it's pretty inefficient to use dupes for most monsters except the bi-weekly or the stone cave dragons.
And if we need to busty Valk to awaken a Grace Valk, that's even more evo mats to obtain.

Regarding efficiency of awakening skills, I think it depends. For people regularly using a max level/skill +297 Grace Valk, the only way to further improve her is to work on her awakening skills. And it's not just about stat increases. Passive skills that don't need to be in the leader slot changes the whole dynamic of the game, and makes for new strategies and team compositions that simply wouldn't work before. It's a great way to freshen up the game for people who may have found it getting stale. I prefer it to GungHo constantly increasing the power creep with new monsters that could only be gotten through the REM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom