• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ran Emerald dungeons 8/9 times, saw Eggdra appear once (it didn't drop)...

Also, anyone know what are some of the most "popular" leader used to get PAL points?
I want to start getting more Pal pulls now that Eggdra is in.

Kreed

Any value to the pink dragon rare egg machine?

The machine drops 1 of 5 healers. Could be useful for a healer/valkyrie team in regards to HP, but at the moment they are limited due to the fact that you can't skill up their active without pulling more healer girls out of the machine vs Siren. Of course like the Android monster, Gungho could change this with either an ultimate form or releasing monsters that skill them up.

Just ran Emerald dungeons 8/9 times, saw Eggdra appear once (it didn't drop)...

Also, anyone know what are some of the most "popular" leader used to get PAL points?
I want to start getting more Pal pulls now that Eggdra is in.

Horus, Lucy, Valk

Ok...2 runs of Legend with no drops but chests. I see no enemy art....just see a small life bar and a CD. Seems strange...

I have a quick Droid technical question regarding this game I was hoping someone could help me with.

I first played PAD around a year ago, but I eventually deleted it and tried some of the clones (ToS for example).

I would like to give PAD another try, but I can't seem to install it on my phone (Droid Incredible).

For some reason PAD takes up 100mb of the 150mb "application data storage" space, resulting in "low space" warnings and making it very hard to use other apps on the phone.

I've got plenty of SD and internal memory space (I cleared out those initially thinking that was the problem). It's the goofy "application data storage" thing that causing the problem.

Anyone else have this problem? or know a way to fix it?
I have never heard of anybody else with this problem, buy I also don't pay attention to Android so

Dunlop

Thanks for the info, I'm still working on creating decent groups and have a Archangel so I won't waste my time with more healers

her leadership ability is just SO damn good

linsivvi

I have a quick Droid technical question regarding this game I was hoping someone could help me with.

I first played PAD around a year ago, but I eventually deleted it and tried some of the clones (ToS for example).

I would like to give PAD another try, but I can't seem to install it on my phone (Droid Incredible).

For some reason PAD takes up 100mb of the 150mb "application data storage" space, resulting in "low space" warnings and making it very hard to use other apps on the phone.

I've got plenty of SD and internal memory space (I cleared out those initially thinking that was the problem). It's the goofy "application data storage" thing that causing the problem.

Anyone else have this problem? or know a way to fix it?

You're not the only one. GungHo decides to keep all the art assets in the internal phone memory even if you move the app to sd card. The worse part is that the size will only get bigger as new monsters are released.

It's fine for modern phones that have 8G+ internal memory, but for old phones that relies on SD cards this has become a major problem.

J0dy77

Anyone running tower of Jewel? How's the Gold Dragon invasion working out? I really need to get Verche levels before Satan.

I went with a Horus/Kirin team removing Valk for a 66 Verche which was probably a mistake. I should have replaced Echidna for Verche and went pure burst. Going to try that once my stamina refreshes.

Edit: I need strong Kirin team members, anyone have one they can share or friends they can share the ID.
I think this guy has a +297 Kirin. He's not running it now though so it may be the wrong guy. 315,342,202

Thanks for the info, I'm still working on creating decent groups and have a Archangel so I won't waste my time with more healers

her leadership ability is just SO damn good

You'll gradually want to shift your healers into siren and echidna.
Siren's leadership is only slightly inferior to archangel's, but her active skill is much more useful and flexible. Siren is also easier to skill up and level compared to archangel.

Echidna...is deemed pretty much necessary.

Selner

You're not the only one. GungHo decides to keep all the art assets in the internal phone memory even if you move the app to sd card. The worse part is that the size will only get bigger as new monsters are released.

It's fine for modern phones that have 8G+ internal memory, but for old phones that relies on SD cards this has become a major problem.

That's only part of the problem.
What's causing the issue is that 100+mb is being put into a 149mb parition that I can't change the size of. The Internal Memory partiion has plenty of space. It's the "application data storage" parition that is limited to 149mb.

The initial download and install is just fine, it's the in-app update (248 files after you select your first monster) that puts the 100+mb on the phone.

The "application data storage" partition is supposed to be for temporary files, like internet history, text and email messages and other things like that. But PAD installs the whole game there. Goofy.

StMeph

The machine drops 1 of 5 healers. Could be useful for a healer/valkyrie team in regards to HP, but at the moment they are limited due to the fact that you can't skill up their active without pulling more healer girls out of the machine vs Siren. Of course like the Android monster, Gungho could change this with either an ultimate form or releasing monsters that skill them up.

Also their stats are miserable.

linsivvi

That's only part of the problem.
What's causing the issue is that 100+mb is being put into a 149mb parition that I can't change the size of. The Internal Memory partiion has plenty of space. It's the "application data storage" parition that is limited to 149mb.

The initial download and install is just fine, it's the in-app update (248 files after you select your first monster) that puts the 100+mb on the phone.

The "application data storage" partition is supposed to be for temporary files, like internet history, text and email messages and other things like that. But PAD installs the whole game there. Goofy.

Yes that's exactly what I meant. I had the same problem. I could still run the game but it lagged every time I started dragging an orb.

So I used Link2sd (requires root) and moved everything else, including system apps, to the other partition and free up space. Moving PAD is not possible because the game has anti-cheat detection and it has to be physically located at the exact path.

Pulled the pink machine.

Got RGB no fuu no dark healer. I did get a skill up on Ruka though. How miserable are their "miserable stats" like still not worth replacing Lilith?

Also how many of the sky dragons have multi-hit? I can't tell from Puzzledragonx.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pulled the pink machine.

Got RGB no fuu no dark healer. I did get a skill up on Ruka though. How miserable are their "miserable stats" like still not worth replacing Lilith?

Also how many of the sky dragons have multi-hit? I can't tell from Puzzledragonx.

All of them have a multi-hit ability. They also all have pre-emptive (Legend only).

E: And their stats aren't good from what I understand. But I pulled to try and get them all anyways. No need for tomorrow's fest, so I figured why not? Replace Lilith? Hard to say...

Dunlop

You'll gradually want to shift your healers into siren and echidna.
Siren's leadership is only slightly inferior to archangel's, but her active skill is much more useful and flexible. Siren is also easier to skill up and level compared to archangel.

Echidna...is deemed pretty much necessary.

thanks for the info. Archangels leadership ability is crazy strong..makes her active ability kinda of useless as I am always fully healed. Of course I am only just past the Tower of Satan atm so I am sure that will change

/goes to google how to get Siren or Echidna

edit: Echidna is an evolved naga?

Limit

Anyone running tower of Jewel? How's the Gold Dragon invasion working out? I really need to get Verche levels before Satan.

I have ran through the master difficulty 10 times now. No Gold Dragon invasion. So far the only worthwhile drop through here for me has been a dub mythlit.

Jagernaut

Pulled the pink machine.

I pulled Fuu and at max level she has about 500 more hp than Echidna/Siren/Lilith. Since she is light element she can replace Freyja on my healer team when I want to maximize light damage..

massoluk

Banned
thanks for the info. Archangels leadership ability is crazy strong..makes her active ability kinda of useless as I am always fully healed. Of course I am only just past the Tower of Satan atm so I am sure that will change

Archangel was decent enough in the beginning, but I quickly learned she's not healing fast enough at all in later dungeons, especially when Amaterasu friend is usually available.

StMeph

Pulled the pink machine.

E: And their stats aren't good from what I understand. But I pulled to try and get them all anyways. No need for tomorrow's fest, so I figured why not? Replace Lilith? Hard to say...

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp?s=33&t=1

Lilith:
- HP 1277
- ATK 1088
- RCV 638

Kurone (dark, closest analogue):
- HP 1898
- ATK 753
- RCV 557

Mitsuki (fire):
- HP 1924
- ATK 729
- RCV 592

Fuu (light):
- HP 1881
- ATK 786
- RCV 548

So the theme of the Sticker series is higher HP than other Healers, and their Leader skills reflect that with 2.5x HP to Healers. But at the cost of ATK, and some RCV.

I am messing with a Kirin team in the endless corridor to try to get my matching skills up. Man, getting 4 color matches when you have everything on the board can be challenging! I see the draw when it does work though. Now I just have to level these guys up:

Kirin of the Aurora - 30
Rose Valk - 87, sl5
5* Verche - 19, max skill
Awoken Hera-Is - 33
Empress Enchi - max, max

I wanted this for the SkyDragon dungeon but I have a feeling it is under-leveled...

edit: Echidna is an evolved naga?

Amaterasu Ohkami's leadership skills is even better healing at 5x RCV.

The problem with heal leadership skills is that they eventually won't matter as much/too slow. Being able to heal 6000 hp won't save you when an enemy is hitting 16000 per round. Hence why late game builds are all about hp/atk/rcv multipliers and active skills.

Yep, Echidna is an evolved naga.

Wanchan

For some reasons i missed this PDX update yesterday http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp#9

Really wish i had a blue odin as my blue sub for my kirin team now and i need a tengu already!

The problem with heal leadership skills is that they eventually won't matter as much/too slow. Being able to heal 6000 hp won't save you when an enemy is hitting 16000 per round. Hence why late game builds are all about hp/atk/rcv multipliers and active skills.

Yep at some point, mobs start hiting so hard that a resist is usually a better choice over an auto-heal.

Pacman2k

I only managed to get 8 nagas during scarlet snake, but just fused them and got 4 skill ups.

Very nice.

Still not max skilled, but really damn close now.

muu

Needed 1 more skillup for a max Echidna. Had 6 Nagas to feed.

Should have known better. Gungtroll be Gungtroll...

Pacman2k

All the Skydragons have Pre-emptive attacks on Legend. Designed to fuck over Lucifer teams.

Yeah I was just hoping I could squeeze enough healing out of 2 heart-makes to get by. Don't think it will work?

Maybe I should just run with a Horus/Ra or something...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just fed the 3 nagas i got the other day to my echidna and got 0 skillups.

OH GOOD THANKS GUNG

Teams that get fucked by pre-emptives every round:

-Goemon
-UFO
-Zeus-Dios
-Valkyrie

Teams that get fucked by not having heart orbs:

-Lucifer
-Zeus

Teams that get fucked by multi-attacks:

-Odin

This dungeon has all of these. On top of that, all the monsters are different colors, so it boots resist teams out the door, as well. It's dumb how pretty much only Egyptian and Chinese god teams are viable for this.

This dungeon has all of these. On top of that, all the monsters are different colors, so it boots resist teams out the door, as well. It's dumb how pretty much only Egyptian and Chinese god teams are viable for this.

No, what is dumb is having a Ra, and despite playing for way to many days, still not being good enough to play with him as leader.

mercviper

I think I might try with a whiskey dragon + friend ra combo, putting my highest atk monsters as subs. Only 12x but it's the best I can do without my own Ra/Horus.

Ashodin

Teams that get fucked by pre-emptives every round:

-Goemon
-UFO
-Zeus-Dios
-Valkyrie

Teams that get fucked by not having heart orbs:

-Lucifer
-Zeus

Teams that get fucked by multi-attacks:

-Odin

Are you... are you saying Haku works?

Posted in puzzleanddragons forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTOr8_9lxqE

Zeus team 0-stone clear of Satan dungeon. I might give this a try.

Looking over his team:

Leader: Awoken Zeus Lv 72, +1

Subs:
Verche KoS Lv 50 +4 (Max Skilled)
Siren Enchantress Lv 73 +100 (Max Skilled)
Awoken Hera-Is Lv 25
Echidna Lv 54 +4 (Max Skilled)

Friend Leader: Awoken Zeus Lv 99, +116?

HP = 12481
I think both Zeus and Hera-Is are not skilled up at all. If they are maybe just 1 skill level up for all of them.

Floor 1: Stalled for 24 turns in the first round by killing one squid and stalling on the other, using Siren and Echidna to buy time.

Floor 2: Killed Cerberus using up all turns on Cerb's countdown.

Floor 3: Used Enchilada's delay, killed over all turns

Floor 4: popped verche for light orbs, killed all in 1 turn

Floor 5: kill Hades using all turns on his countdown, making sure to have Verche & Echidna skills ready for Satan

Floor 6: Menace, Gravities, Siren to Heal back to full. Kills Satan in 5 turns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom